• F - Unmitigated disaster

1 1.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Summer Mercato Grade

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

2012 Summer Mercato Grade

What is your grade for this summer's mercato? I feel like the majority of Inter fans are quite pleased, but I wanted to make a thread/poll for this.

A - Great mercato, above and beyond expectations
    B - Good mercato, exceeded expectations
    C - Met expectations
    D - Failed to meet expectations
    F - Unmitigated disaster

Personally I have to say it was an A, just because my expectations were quite low. I did not expect much spending, but management imo did a fantastic job off offloading dead weight while replacing them with younger, better players on lower wages.

I'm computer challenged, so if a mod could add a poll, I'd appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

close thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    C
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

Montenegro

B

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    b
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Costa Rica

poll added.

Expectations are all relative. My expectations were pretty god damned low based on every post-treble mercato we've had.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I won't say the mercato exceeded expectations. We knew at end of last season that some big changes have to be made to compete for title. And while we have made some good signings, on the whole it isn't enough to be an A grade mercato.

In terms of quality -
    GK - improvement
    Defence - remains the same. Pereira replaces Maicon to have one good attacking fullback. But CB pairing is still weak.
    Midfield - Major improvement. Guargano will give us the boost which I think we have been wanting for the last 3-4 seasons.
    Attack - better than last season, but we need more depth. We still don't have a top winger, which we can do without but are short on numbers.

In financial terms -
    We have been wise with spending money, all players have come for reasonable value.
    For outgoing transfers, we could have got more money for Maicon, Cesar and probably should have sent Deki out as well and reduced Cambiasso's wages if not selling him.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

B, but only because we lose Maicon.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

44 Forum Supporter
    C for me, this was expected and needed after last Season

the expatiation was that players had to go and some had to come in

Good points:
    Coutinho regarded as 'unsellable' also kept obi and Rannochia

Silvestre, Palacio, Periera, Gaurin, CASSANO, Gargano, Handanovic and even Mudigayi (as he was very cheap so if hes a beast we win, if not then we dont really lose)

players like Pandev, Pazzini and Maicon left and we got something back in return

players like Lucio and Forlan who were taking more out in wages than what they were contributing in performance are gone

Management have put a lot of faith in Strama and that for me is a good thing as i like him a lot
    while we may have lost out on Lavezzi and Lucus it is my opinion that the money was far better spent, especially in the case of the Brazilian kid

Negitive points - all have varying degrees of fault to the management

Chivu renewal - enough has been said about this...

Not buying Poli - we'll see whether we come to regret this or not

Cesar being 'forced-out' - he refused a pay cut and we have a younger keeper who is great so this is more of an emotional sting that one relating to the upcoming seasons hopes. perhaps if it had been handled better it wouldn't be in this list

perhaps could have got rid of Deki too

overall i think the management done a good job, with all this we seem to have a younger squad that seems to be playing better and has lower wages

i critisized the management early on but after we got beat at the meazza and MM lost his chance of wooing Lucas they seem to have reprioritized, most will admit the first few moves of the mercato were pretty but in the last 2-3 weeks they have done well IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by minterke View Post
    If you're an Interista, Mourinho > Jesus tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Prisco
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenico Gramazio
    "They are all thieves!"

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    I voted at a B, but its more like a B+ very close to an A-

We definitely filled the holes we wanted to fill, and did so with a profit. We shed wages which was a HUGE + especially for building into the future, and left room for us to improve come January.

My only wish was that we got another sustainable striker. We have plenty of serviceable wingers, and a great core midfield, but I feel like another true CF would've been excellent. I have faith in Milito, but its always nice to have a backup incase things don't go as planned.

In short, great mercato, exceeded expectations, just needed a little bit more UMPH? to get to an A.

GJ Branca & Moratti!

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I vote C. If we wouldn't have a mercato like this, I would really get pissed off. We got really really lucky with some of the deals, we still have to see Pereira, but with others I'm pleased, even Mudingayi. I would keep J.C. instead of Handanović, but that is just me, I hope he proves me wrong (anti Falcao Law right here). Cassano and Palacio are great, but I think we should've gone for one younger attacker, who can run the whole game.

I dislike the Chivu and Deki renewals, that was just stupid.
    All in all, I would vote B if there weren't Chivu/Deki renewals. With that saved money we could've had Poli.
    I still think if we get Atletico Madrid, out defence is gonna get raped

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    If I had to choose a grade, ranging from A to F, I would probably settle down somewhere between fuck Branca & uuuhhhmmm... fuck Branca, because I'm not giving motherfuckers all of a sudden good grades just because they finally did what they were supposed to do 3 years ago.

This shit was supposed to happen 3 years ago & save us 3 years of pain & misery & embarrassment across the world, after the fucking treble.

Plus I won't forget the Maicon/Julio Cesar situation. Shit was just wrong.

Funny though that I didn't hear the name of Stankovic even once anywhere in this mercato, cuz his ass was the prime candidate to leave the fuck out. Nobody said shit about him though. & fuck Chivu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

double post

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

A

Given our financial issues, this was a very clever mercato.
    Io non rubo il campionato, ed in Serie B sono mai stato.

Read my blog about wine (in Portuguese)

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    If I had to choose a grade, ranging from A to F, I would probably settle down somewhere between fuck Branca & uuuhhhmmm... fuck Branca, because I'm not giving motherfuckers all of a sudden good grades just because they finally did what they were supposed to do 3 years ago.

This shit was supposed to happen 3 years ago & save us 3 years of pain & misery & embarrassment across the world, after the fucking treble.

Plus I won't forget the Maicon/Julio Cesar situation. Shit was just wrong.

Funny though that I didn't hear the name of Stankovic even once anywhere in this mercato, cuz his ass was the prime candidate to leave the fuck out. Nobody said shit about him though. & fuck Chivu.
    3 years ago Branca did one of the best mercato in history, probably the best mercato by selling Ibra for Eto'o+millions, stealing Sneijder, coup Milito+Motta, hooked the mecenary Lucio.

3 years ago I definitely didn't feel any pain because 3 years ago we were champions in italy and was about to make a great European success under Mourinho.

Shit just happened for 2 years, unless you are half-jubentus, then make it 3.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if i'm not mistaken Deki was rumoured to leave Inter at the same time JC rumour arose. Then I read somewhere Deki agreed for a paycut, then the following few day we signed Handanovic. I'm not sure if he signed the paycut, but there was a rumour about Deki for definite. Westham was rumoured interested with Deki.

With Lucio decided to leave while Chivu agreed to lower the wage, what do you expect? Buy another CB and kick Chivu out, so we will have a new deadweight on our CB bench? It was supposed to be Lucio.

For Maicon and JC, we offerred, they rejected. No deal. Move on.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    A for me. Why, because we are twice stronger than last year. I was thinking of B first, but mainly about our poor man management, but i said fuck it, we got quantity AND quality in the process, without spending crazy money, AND we also managed to lower the wage paid to the players.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    zamorano
    Old name
    noxxaro

Japan

Half of a C + half of a B.
    Solo Internazionale 1908

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    I voted at a B, but its more like a B+ very close to an A-
    This. If the numbers I read earlier are correct, then we've done great. We've improved the team a lot while only losing -13 million and at the same time managed to drop the wages by ~30 mil.

Would've been an A if we got rid of Stankovic and Chivu.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    Everyone was better than crapiasso in the coppa so for veron to be better doesnt say much, cambiasso is hugely overrated by most inter fans. Mediocre player at best, wouldnt be a starter in most other "big" clubs for sure. Same with stankovic.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

let us wait until we play Roma, and of course, Milan. those two matches are crucial. if we win both, then I'll be pleased with this team

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Was confused between A for Ass and B for Boobies. So, I chose C for Cunts.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

21. Thanks (2): Lionheart, wera