Page 278 of 281 FirstFirst ... 178228268275276277278279280281 LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 5618

Thread: The bullshit thread

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Though I have started to watch Vikings, I've watched so much of it in the last week, just starting the 4th series now. If you have seen it please no spoilers, if not, id recommend you watch it, amazing show
    Spoiler: the Vikings eventually stopped raiding into the 12th century.

Thanks for all your kind words, personally I was hoping the tree fell exactly over my head and crushed me to death.

Hysterical update: after staunchly refusing me this exact same thing, the insurance company has now done a complete 180 degree turnaround and has asked me to find my own builder/roofer to inspect the damage and then provide the insurance company with a quotation for repairs which they will then approve or reject.

This was literally the first thing out of my mouth when I first called them on the morning of the damage. They refused, saying that was out of the question and instead, they've sent person after person and it's been two whole weeks since then and these incompetent spastics haven't even touched my roof.

In an entire fortnight they've managed to... clear a tree branch and lay a plastic sheet over 1 square meter of damage.. *applause* I could've done it myself with a manual saw and few plastic bags in quicker time than these fucking losers. I will probably report them to the ACCC or ombudsman about this.

A tree falls and the tips of its branches manage to clip my roof, resulting in 1 square meter of damaged tiles, roof beams, a gutter, and downs my power lines. 1 square meter. And this $16 billion company can't even manage to organise repairs. All from 1 square meter of damaged roof. It's not as if my fucking house was completely destroyed by a hurricane. It's not as if a fucking bomb exploded in my house. It's not as I'm demolishing and rebuilding from scratch. Can't even begin to describe how insane this is.

2 weeks without electricity (looking at another 2 weeks minimum), borrowing 1 outlet from my neighbour. Oh well. At least I'm living a super eco-friendly life.

Apparently eucalyptus trees have this water-saving system where they selectively pick off one branch to sacrifice and the branch just.. falls off. Incredible.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    When this is over you should buy your sweet neighbor some flowers or a pack of chocolates, unless she's young, beautiful and single, you should ask her out for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

As usual, for who knows what reason, my Google feed is filled with news from India. And while I still have to figure out the reason, at least every once in a while there's something interesting to read:

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/...w/67432429.cms

"On this airline, your flight attendant is now accepting tips"

I mean, seriously?

I hope this remains limited to that particular airline.

Even though I appreciate the work of flight attendants, they would have to torture me before I give them a tip. Same for a waiter in whatever restaurant for that matter.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Is your google amount connected somewhere on a phone or table or some app that is connected to ur google account?

It could be ur google country settings

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Yeah but I'm in Italy and I don't follow anything regarding India. Not a major issue anyway, more like a "what the fuck" thing
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

I think it may be google region settings, is it set to Italy?

I am also WTF on this

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

But just look how much stuff you learn about the world! Someday you'll visit India and be up-to-date with everything, you're basically half-Indian already.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

13. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    I think it may be google region settings, is it set to Italy?

I am also WTF on this
    It worked. I guess I had set India by mistake.

15. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    It worked. I guess I had set India by mistake.
    Confused it with Inda?

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Macedonia

Confused India with USA, like some other Italian once did.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    It was my moms birthday yesterday and now In the US they expect 20% tips!!

Wtf!!! So I paid someone 40 bucks to bring me uncooked steak for my dad he didn’t eat and instead of bringing my mom a desert. They gave her a scoop of ice cream with a candle on it.

So it’s 7% tax plus 20% tip!! The food wasn’t even good.

Might sound cunty obviously but wtf! Just pay these people a real wage and then charge us what it actually should. Feel weird giving someone 40-50 bucks every time I go to dinner to bring me 5 waters and 3-4 meals.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post

Wtf!!! So I paid someone 40 bucks to bring me uncooked steak for my dad he didn’t eat and instead of bringing my mom a desert. They gave her a scoop of ice cream with a candle on it.

Might sound cunty obviously but wtf! Just pay these people a real wage and then charge us what it actually should. Feel weird giving someone 40-50 bucks every time I go to dinner to bring me 5 waters and 3-4 meals.
    Mr Pink, that's me.

Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

21. Thanks (4): dax21, eduzee, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

It's not cunty. In europe it's exactly how you said it should be. And if the service is great, you tip the server, it's the best way for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

as i wrote yesterday, they would have to torture me before i give a tip, however little. i'm paying for the food and you, waiter, are paid by your employer. and if he doesn't give you enough money, that's not my problem.

by the way, i have worked as a waiter, and i did receive tips. and i thank every and each person who tipped me, but still, i will never, ever tip someone.

employers take advantage of the waiters who in their turn, at the end of the day, are often ok with it cause tips are non-taxed on money.

that's why norway has recently introduced taxation on the tips.

24. Thanks (4): Harpsabu, Materazzi_23, MVD, wera

Serbia

I as well am in a country where tipping is extremely uncommon, unless you are paying for a drink at a bar that you are a regular and just leave whatever change you get back to the waiters that you kind of know.

Want more money? Should've stayed in school, tough fucking luck.

26. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    The bar thing is even worse they want $1 per beer!!! You literally opened a fridge and gave me 4 beers!!! So I have to give you $4!!!!

I get being a waiter is almost slave labor but that is the governments fault. Some people like it because like you said they don’t. Have to disclose the actual number for their tips but making 3 bucks an hour in the US seems rough no matter where you live.

Worst is take out places now ask for tip it’s like you fking serious!!!!

28. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

I don't have any problem to tip the waiter IF he deserved it. But it feels strange to tip someone for doing his job. I only do it when the food and the service was very good and they deserve it. But even then i'm thinking: Why the hell should I tip someone for doing his job, pay those waiters enough so they don't need the tipping money to get a decent salary.

If they don't deserve it and acting like they have better things to do etc I like to be a jerk and tip them 20 or 30 cents, whatever the change would be.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    I don't have any problem to tip the waiter IF he deserved it. But it feels strange to tip someone for doing his job. I only do it when the food and the service was very good and they deserve it. But even then i'm thinking: Why the hell should I tip someone for doing his job, pay those waiters enough so they don't need the tipping money to get a decent salary.

If they don't deserve it and acting like they have better things to do etc I like to be a jerk and tip them 20 or 30 cents, whatever the change would be.
    Among many other reasons I worship Japan is the fact that they consider tipping not only unnecessary but insulting, citing the very same reasons - I shouldn't be given extra money just because I'm doing my job as I'm expected to.
    ó Massimo Moratti

31. Thanks (3): Materazzi_23, MVD, wera

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

The issue is that the base wage is non existent thats why they rely on tips. Taking out def doesn't require a tip, leaving one is def just a courtesy. Another thing is if its a group of people everyone chimes in. 10% seems reasonable if u are alone at the bar ordering food, 15% seems good if ur a group, 20 should def be for a group + if the service was great.

I never went to Japan but that may just be a culture thing where they dont expect anything from anyone when they are doing their job.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    When I go for Korean BBQ or Chinese hot pot with my wife and her work friends we have had tips of over $100-150 just because the group was big. They literally give you uncooked food. Then go you cook it!

34. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD