Page 305 of 325 FirstFirst ... 205255295302303304305306307308315 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 6485

Thread: The bullshit thread

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    If you drink a lot of coffee why not just buy a fully automatic Machine? The quality of the coffee really depends more on the quality of the beans you put in rather than the way you make it. I ve made my coffee for years with a moka pot and i can confidently say that the one from my fully automatic is just as good if not better (again depending on the beans i use).

Before i had the machine i used to have to get up 5 mins earlier cause i had to make the coffee with with a pot and if i d go and shower and shit while the coffee is cooking more often then not i d have to clean up a mess when i come back. Now i fucken start up the machine put a mug in there and the machine is programmed to start making the coffee 5 mins later so when i get out of the shower i already have my espresso ready and i dont have to clean up shit other than the cup.
    I really dont get why people who drink coffee frequently dont just buy an automatic machine cause there really is no taste difference only thing the pot does for you is make you look like a hipster and thats it.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

I didn't know I was a hipster or that I even wanted to pass as one. I simply thought the moka did its job.

Yeah, the automatic machine for espresso is as good, if it's of a good brand.

There are obviously differences though between espresso and drip coffee (which isn't to say one is necessarily better than the other).
    Last edited by firmino; 18 Jun 19 at 19:15.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

4. Thanks (3): MVD, phonk, Universe

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Feeling like a true peasant reading all those coffee related posts. I usually fill up my 10€ water heater which is contaminated with limescale and some other unknown substance(s), usually smells like death.
    I'm sticking to my cringey mug with my name on it, put some coffee powder in of a brand which I don't even know from the top of my head. Then add some sugar and milk and voila I got myself some nasty ass coffee which carries me through the day.
    I did it all for the nookie

6. Thanks (4): Devious, firmino, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    maintaining something around 90kg's ...one of the hardest things in my life because I like to put all the junk possible in my body ...and it's not even my stomach who wants it...but this damn eyes...I'm avoiding the "bad" carbs this week...my favorite type of food...going mental like a junkie who is on detox

good times

8. Thanks (2): dax21, MVD

Serbia

Nothing quite like getting stuck with installing a driver for some bullshit device that sends you in a two hour long loop of installing > uninstalling > browsing abandoned russian message boards about a fix > trying some retarded juggling with manual driver installation > downloading some sketchy files at dial up speeds that takes forever > installing again > rebooting your pc 17 times in the process > dealing with windows updates which NEVER work as intended and take forever > rinse repeat.

I grew up with pcs but I find myself legit frustrated within seconds when something tech-related doesn't work as intended nowadays. Literally wasting two hours on nothing. And then out of stress and frustration I end up cancelling out my hour of cardio today by treating myself with junk snacks because.... self destruction apparently exists for a reason.

Oh and just to make it somewhat related to this forum - Milan is about to yet fucking again get away with their FFP bullshit and there are still no concrete positive news about signing Barella.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I was in a rush this morning and didn't have time for breakfast or coffee. So I will have to attempt to beat firmino's 45-second moka pot cleaning Guinness world record another time.

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    I grew up with pcs but I find myself legit frustrated within seconds when something tech-related doesn't work as intended nowadays.
    Yes this is utterly infuriating.

Spend >$1200US on a very good PC. Purchase (not pirate) a reputable, industry-standard software which easily falls within the minimum requirements of your PC. Install the program, no problems. Launch the program and inexplicably get fucking error messages. Nearly spontaneously combust in blinding rage. Troubleshoot or contact manufacturer, which always yields less-than-worthless results. Resort to digging through old forums and messageboards of vaguely-related issues and try out their 'solutions' one by one which may or may not work (usually not). I've certainly been there many times.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Unbelievable. A few hours after posting this^ I received a call from a friend asking me for technical support for the very same software I was referring to

Reminded me of when I used this other software where the license was contained externally in a USB dongle (), called an iLok. Basically, you couldn't use the software without the iLok dongle () plugged into your computer.

Anyway, one time I had to move my PC to change desks so I safely turned off all my software and safely turned off the iLok software. I safely removed the iLok and safely powered down my PC and then completely unplugged it. I (safely) changed desks, and then safely plugged the mouse, monitor, keyboard all back into the PC and lastly, the iLok. But from that moment onwards, the iLok simply didn't work and I could never get the software or iLok to work ever again. For fucking what reason? It's not like I started ripping shit out of the PC all willy-nilly. It's not like I dropped my PC on the floor or damaged the fucking iLok in any way. Simply removing the iLok and plugging it back in apparently caused the iLok to stop working. I can not express how fucking yao I was. I don't think I've ever been more tech-enraged in my life than when this happened. Even remembering it now is making me angry again. I had to get them to send me a new fucking iLok from California which took 3 weeks.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

12. Thanks (4): dax21, Fitzy, MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    If you keep getting the mail from the previous owner of your house and they keep getting bills. At what point do you have to stop sending them the bills.

I owned my house for 2 years. It cost $1 to change your address with the US post office. They start forwarding everything for that.

It’s so insane this dude gets 2x the mail I do. I sent him a few of them but this is getting annoying it cost me a few bucks because he is too cheap or lazy to. Last few bills I stop sending or texting him about
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

A couple of months tops. You solved the problem for him, so there wasn't any need for him to react so far. He'll have to figure it out now.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Yep, USB dongles are a solution for a problem that never existed to begin with. I've seen them fail to function if you plug them into a different USB port or an external hub. And they aren't even that good of a solution to begin with, a lot of serious software ends up being cracked with emulated dongles, like a virtual drive kind of thing.

Anyway I fixed the issue I had from the other day, that's all fine and dandy now. On the other hand, my graphics card died. It's an old, long outdated AMD HD6870. It actually died last summer but I managed to revive it through the baking in the oven trick and it worked for another year flawlessly, only to die again on me just now. So I bake it again only to foolishly hastily take it out, accidentally tilting it and causing a bunch of capacitors to fall off before the solder joints got to cool off. Now I could spent like 5 hours resoldering them on but honestly fuck that. It only had 1gb of vram so I'm looking at this as an excuse to get something a bit more up to date and play a game or two that I missed out on in the past few years.

18. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Is there a shortcut to quickly switch between sheets in Excel? I know of the page down, page up shorcut, but I'm looking for a shortcut which would only require my left hand. Something like Alt+tab for switching between windows.

Is there a way to assign (or define) such shortcuts?
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Google "custom shorcuts excel". You'll be amazed.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

21. Thanks (2): MVD, Shark

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by phonk View Post
    The last week as well as the next two will go down as the most stressful weeks I can ever remember, constantly on the brink of losing my shit completely.
    I will be taking this huge oral exam, which I already failed twice and now I can choose which tester I get, so my chances of passing it should be higher.
    Today was the day were the truth finally came to surface. No need to elaborate everything that happened today and coming straight to the point- I did it. I had to wait about 3,5 hours until it was my turn and things went very smoothly. Usually I donít even care about my grades, as long as its positive, I am fine. This was the absolute first time (and probably my last) I got a 1 (i assume this is how most european countries call their grades). So glad I can put this shit behind me (at least for now), this subject drove me to the verge of insanity. Itís about 1300 pages with very complex matter and considering I was one slip up away from getting banned from the university the pressure was insanely high.

It was one of the rare occasions were I had to suit up. I canít describe how good it felt leaving the building drenched in sweat and smoking my first cigarette as a new person.
    Admittedly, I am not filled to the brim with joy. Itís more like relief mixed by inner emptiness. I look like absolute shit right now, eyerings in 50 shades of purple and still didnít get a haircut (thank god for hair gel though). My brain feels fried and I didnít really have the ambition to do anything after the exam (apart from making a quick stop at the plugs apartment). Safe to say the stress got to me but studying 24/7 for 3 weeks was absolutely worth it, no doubt about that.

So yeah the plan is simple. Joint is already rolled getting ready to being lit up. After that the chill era will begin. I am planning to take a week off, maybe 10 days, to get some other stuff done and enjoy life. Only thing that needs to be done now is to put some nice hip hop with jazzy beats and laid back flows on (thinking Freddie Gibbs x Currensy- Fetti) inhale the smoke of the devils lettuce get cozy and enjoy my achievement.

23. Thanks (6): dax21, Dylan, MVD, nurko, Shark, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Well, cheers to that my man. I haven't been in a similar situation in quite a long time but damn it feels good. And I get the empty part but it'll be just for today believe me, from tomorrow on you'll forget about it and enjoy yourself.

You got a 1? I've heard about As and Ds but that's a novelty. In Bulgaria it's 2 (Poor) to 6 (Excellent)... which really makes no sense but it's how it is.
    ó Massimo Moratti

25. Thanks (2): MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Thanks man. Not the first time I've entered this state of exhaustion. I'll just have to get some good sleep and relax for a bit to regain some energy.

Out of interest I consulted Wikipedia regarding those grading systems and oh man I was far of. Here seems to be the only place in Europe with grades from 1-5, 1 being the best and 5 the worst. I thought only english speaking countries used letters as grades. Italy seems to have 0-10 with 10 being the best. Finland is a bit weird 4-10, also 10 being the best.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I remember a time when Wikipedia was considered the most trash source on the internet. Today it feels like the go to encyclopedia of the world.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Coming from the guy who takes everything he reads on Twitter as an undeniable fact

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by phonk View Post
    Coming from the guy who takes everything he reads on Twitter as an undeniable fact
    Wtf are you smoking?

Conte uomo di merda

32. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Marlboro Red, you?

There is a difference between looking something up on Wikipedia for the bullshit thread regarding grading systems than doing proper research for something important.

You’re not the only one who knows that, in case you are assuming this.

34. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD

Greece

I wasn't replying to you, I was talking in general. Why does everyone get offended all the time?

Wikipedia 15 years ago was considered trash, the equivalent of Tribal Football of encyclopedias. Now it's considered a cyber gem. And it is a great starting point for anyone who wants to check something. The English version unfortunately is underwhelming compared to the French and Italian versions, with the former being the best I've encountered. Even for English and American history The Greek one is average as well, but not really bad. Excellent for lots of Greek stuff though. Don't understand almost any German but the german page seems to be on par with the French one.

Conte uomo di merda