Page 289 of 302 FirstFirst ... 189239279286287288289290291292299 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 6023

Thread: The bullshit thread

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's in English, it doesn't have to make sense.

2. Thanks (2): Mad Biscione, n4l

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    the formation and burst of financial bubbles is strongly related to ...

the formation and burst of financial bubbles are strongly related to ...

Which one's correct? The second one makes more sense since "formation and burst" are two things but it sounds kinda weird. And I feel like I've heard people use sentences like the first one more often.
    You are correct, it's the second one.

4. Thanks (2): MVD, Shark

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

the formation and burst of financial bubbles is strongly related to ...

the formation and burst of financial bubbles are strongly related to ...

Which one's correct? The second one makes more sense since "formation and burst" are two things but it sounds kinda weird. And I feel like I've heard people use sentences like the first one more often.
    Substitute something else in place.

Try something like "the principal and vice-principal of a school --- in charge". "is" wouldn't make sense.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

6. Thanks (2): MVD, Shark

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I'm wondering why some of these feminists still don't understand why meritocracy works better for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

I don't see much wrong with what Larson has said here. Surely doesn't warrant the "BRIE LARSON IS RUINING MARVEL" title.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

9. Thanks (2): Kev9Inter, n4l

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Played football yesterday for the first time in more than 6 years! Honestly didn't think I'd be able to play for 2 straight hours, but somehow I did, managed to score a lob and had 3 assists though most of the second hour I played as GK and made quite a Handa saves.

Right now though I dont think there is a single bone or muscle in my both legs that doesn't hurt, I can barely walk like a baby learning his first steps, no regrets though, should do that more.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

11. Thanks (4): Dylan, MVD, Shark, TwoFiddy

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I don't see much wrong with what Larson has said here. Surely doesn't warrant the "BRIE LARSON IS RUINING MARVEL" title.
    Ruined as in Captain Marvel probably won't make as much money as it would if she didn't say some things. The point in the video about how Michael B. Jordan didn't alienate the viewers, but she did.

Also Black Panther CLEARLY shows that we are at a time where we can clearly have a good, enjoyable movie where white people aren't in front roles and still not make it politically divisive.
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Captain Marvel on the first 2 days over here was packed in every screen it was played and it is actually terrible timing for us due to some weird religious holidays (carnival and shit) and 3 day breaks. Haven't seen that hype since the first Deadpool. Next two days attendance should be decreased as essentially no one's staying in their city but it may even not be.

I didn't even know the real name of the main character until that video you posted. Nobody gives a shit. Marvel isn't affected by that. Marvel is affected by shit movies. And the movie wasn't shit.

Nobody cares or should care about what fucking actors say when they are not acting.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Ruined as in Captain Marvel probably won't make as much money as it would if she didn't say some things. The point in the video about how Michael B. Jordan didn't alienate the viewers, but she did.

Also Black Panther CLEARLY shows that we are at a time where we can clearly have a good, enjoyable movie where white people aren't in front roles and still not make it politically divisive.
    I don't know if you watched the video in which she makes the "40 year old white dude" comment. In that video she mentions a study which shows that 78% of the reviewers of the top 100 grossing movies were white males. That doesn't align with the breakdown of race/gender of the U.S. population and I have no reason to think why white males are disproportionately more qualified to review movies than any other race or gender. I do believe there is a bias in favor of "white dudes" - so it's quite possible that few of them didn't earn their spot as a "top reviewer" on merit and that there are better candidates from other races and genders.

Larson's proposed solution, however, seeks to achieve equal outcome rather than equal opportunity. She basically proposed to allot a fixed quota for the underrepresented races/genders. This could possibly go against meritocracy in a scenario where the majority of white males indeed are better at reviewing movies. It's an okayish solution but it's not optimal because it is trying to attain the desired outcome by force. I certainly don't believe her solution is malicious as the guy in the video makes it seem though. But it has become a cool thing now to shit on anyone who speaks even slightly in favor of feminism. You'd have to be a special kind of person to feel alienated by what she said.

The Black Panther argument is pointless. It would be absolutely ridiculous if BLACK ACTORS occupying roles of AFRICAN CHARACTERS were considered politically divisive.

15. Thanks (4): Devious, Kev9Inter, n4l, Y&h

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

17. Thanks (4): Fitzy, MVD, n4l, Shark

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

This "diversity" and "empowerment" shit is getting nauseating. It's just a euphemism for anyone making money who's not a rich, white dude. Which, all in all, is FINE, as long as you don't pretend you making millions from a movie is somehow helping the world. Bitch, shut the fuck up. Go enjoy your fame and money, and stop virtue signalling.

It wasn't bad enough that Hollywood has decided to stop investing high budgets in new ideas, but we gotta sit through this trash.

The Black Panther argument is pointless. It would be absolutely ridiculous if BLACK ACTORS occupying roles of AFRICAN CHARACTERS were considered politically divisive.
    The only thing divisive about Black Panther were the terrible accents. It was like some half ass attempt at a Nigerian accent.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

fuck equal opportunities and fuck equal outcome, fuck anything other than equality before the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Fav. Player
    Asian Girls

Austria

Went to the hospital yesterday to get my knee checked. To my surprise it wasn't the knee that caused the pain and the swelling in the first place.

The X-Ray shows that I have a condition with my thigh bone. It's called exostosis or bone spur, and the one I have is right above my knee.

The doctors told me I need to take 2 weeks away from any sport, eventually it will heal itself (only the swelling, obviously. The spur will be there until I have surgery, but this is usually not necessary). Also they told me I should go to an orthopedist, I will take care of it next week.
    You're watching a master at work

21. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, dax21, MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

So nice when doctors actually does some work that pays off. good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Chau Chau

Albania

A little bit more development on the manager thing I'm messing around with:
    https://streamable.com/vyt58
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

25. Thanks (6): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, nurko, Shark, Wobblz, Y&h

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

i can't seem to get any sleep tonight, i've been wondering why for three hours and it finally hit me: i have bought and used today for the first time my new moka pot, a massive 9-cup model, and when i made coffee i drank all of it. i'll be a zombie tomorrow.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

27. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, nurko, Shark

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Which one did you buy? Bialetti?

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Which one did you buy? Bialetti?
    based on my experience, they are not so good as their reputation would suggest. that one time i bought a bialetti (at double the price of a "normal" one) it would sputter a bit of coffee from the top of the base, no matter how hard i screwed the top chamber. besides, they only offer a 1-year warranty (except for the electronic models, for which the 2-year warranty is mandatory in the ue), something i consider shameful at those prices. if you are careful with your coffee, i don't see any reason to spend the extra bucks.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

I thought considering the hype they're relatively cheap? You get a pot (1 cup) for just below 20€ here. Not sure about the quality of the coffee though because I've never owned one. I was thinking of buying it but now you've kinda thrown me off .

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    So not sure if this is the right thread but i thought i ll share a story from my birthday night.
    So last sunday i turned 30 so on saturday i went out drinking with a couple of friends to celebrate into my birthday. Now at like 2 AM this girl texts me to wish me a happy birthday and to see if we re still out. So long story short I end up going to her place. Now here is where it gets fucked up! Fucking 30 seconds into fucking her i feel a pain like somebody just shoved a fcuking needel into my dick. I immediately pull out and my first reaction was like did you put something in the condom? Now upon looking down at my dick the condom is filling with blood lots of fucking blood, naturally we both start panicking( i should mention that i m on blood thinner so there was a lot of blood). The girl wraps some kind of towels around it to try and stop the bleeding which does not work. At this point shes urging me to go to the hospital cause the bleeding does not stop. I convince here that it s fine and she should just give me a new bandage and i ll go home and fix the problem my selfe cause at home i got some special bandages to stop heavy bleeding. Arriving home the first thing i gotta do is pee well lets say afterwards it looked like somebody slaughtered a Pig in my bathroom fucken blood everywhere. At this point i really start to panik cause by now i m bleeding out of my dick for over 1h. So i first try to put on the special bandages but midway through realize that i m way too fucken drunk to do it effectively. So i gotta face the facts and after trying it for another 15 mins or so i give up an decide to go to the hospital. It s like 5 am now and i arrive at the ER with my bleeding dick. Turns out my fucken foreskin tore!! Anyways they give me a cast and send me back home it s like 9 am now. Only problem i cant fucking piss with the bandage on plus when ever i pissed for the last two days it slightly tore up again and the bleeding started over.
    So it really was a great fucking start into my 30s! Fucken hell!

On a side note today is the first day that i can go on without bandages on so it s getting better, but i guess it s gonna take at least a month till i can use my dick again for all purposes it was intended for. At least there was a bright light on the horizon which was that inter won on sunday.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti