Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 6456

Thread: The bullshit thread

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    Can someone show me the ignore button?

I can now say honestly that Brehme and brehme-like posters have made FIF annoying for me to the point that I am avoiding FIF altogether. They do not discuss, they simply force their opinions on others in every goddamn thread. Obviously Conte and co gave them a field day last night, but it's like I can now read all of Lukaku's flaws in Forward rumours thread, Icardi thread, Esposito thread, Conte thread... pretty much anywhere.
    yah man its over, this match has ruined the next 20 years of Inter.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Click on the username, then on "View Profile", then on the left of the page there's the "Add to Ignore List": click on it, then confirm your choice.

---------

I don't know if I mentioned this here, but I am moving to another city.

I have already (and definitely too early lol) ended the contract with my interet provider, which means I'll be on phone data for the next 6-8 weeks.

A random, but to me very important point in favour of the place I'm moving to: thank goodness, there's a place where they sell bread with next to no salt.

I'm turning into a bit of a "healt nut" so to speak, and I try to limit the amount of salt in my diet.

Bread with limited amount of salt was on the very top of my list. I feel that in the long term the benefits are great.
    I've been to Florence in August and learnt they don't use salt in bread for a long time now due to some middle age beef with Pisa over salt trading.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

that's correct. salt used to be expensive in some areas of italy and in different periods. to put it very simply, in those areas the bakers at some point went: "you know what? screw you, we'll make the bread without the salt". so to the present day, in those areas (mostly in central italy, as far as i know) it's still a tradition so you have a wider choice, normal bread or with no salt.

the way i see it, this particular tradition has stood the test of time because you don't really notice it that much if you eat the bread with cheese or cured meats.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (2): MVD, nurko

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    that's correct. salt used to be expensive in some areas of italy and in different periods. to put it very simply, in those areas the bakers at some point went: "you know what? screw you, we'll make the bread without the salt". so to the present day, in those areas (mostly in central italy, as far as i know) it's still a tradition so you have a wider choice, normal bread or with no salt.

the way i see it, this particular tradition has stood the test of time because you don't really notice it that much if you eat the bread with cheese or cured meats.
    I had a similar sort of discovery with making eggs a few years ago. When my parents used to make eggs, I would always see them adding salt. One day, long after I had started making my own eggs, I decided to experiment with skipping the salt, and guess what? I didn't even notice the salt was missing. If I'm not even noticing it, then I figured there was no reason to include it.

Truth is, when it's come to food I've prepared, I can't even remember the last time I put salt on anything. I can't speak for fast food - which I've eaten more of late than I wish for various reasons - which I'm sure has a decent amount of salt, but my own food is more than fine without it.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Salt is quite necessary for your health. But with moderation.

Sugar on the other hand is not needed and it has worse effects on the brain that chocolate, coffee or any drug you can name. It's just fucking delicious though. And it's bloody everywhere!

Best decision one can make is to eliminate (added) sugar off of their diet for 2-4 weeks. Then start retaking it in small doses. You won't even like it after detoxing but it's quite easy to get hooked once again.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

8. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Just have an extra glass of water unless you're chugging down pounds of salt at a time you shouldn't have to worry.
    david mcgoldrick

10. Thanks (3): Devious, MVD, Wobblz

Macedonia

I like sweet stuff. But I decided to drink coffee without sugar and milk (only espresso or Turkish/Greek), cut off milk, plain drinking milk (not dairy products, don't eat them too much anyways), yogurt, and cocoa. The amount of calories these things have is insane. Lost 15 kg since that, and now I am stable with my weight the last 2-3 years.

As for the sweets, I have a daily dose, instead of dinner, I eat corn sweets of about 200 calories or small pudding about 150 calories around 8 pm. Used to excercise at home, swimming, walking, hiking, gym, biking and what not. But it didn't do too much for me. From time to time when I feel I need to move I excercise at home or walk the distance when I need to be somewhere. Walk with my dog every day. Two cups of tea, any tea every day, also without sugar. It's my impression it reduces hunger (at least for me).

Keeping your body in a decent condition is one of the hardest thing nowadays.

12. Thanks (2): dax21, Kenny

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Since I had it Spotify has been awfully slow. Especially when I start the program I usually have to wait 2 mins or so for it to start the first song and it also crashes a lot. Any way to fix this, or is the program just shite?
    I did it all for the nookie

14. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

It's your computer that's to blame. That's seriously weird. The software isn't the best by any means but it's quite lightweight and I see no scenario in which you should wait even 5 sec to do anything with it, let alone 2 minutes.... I'm using Spotify daily on Win 10.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Wow, then I got seriously ripped off, I bought the computer in 2017, I believe.
    I'd say 70% of the time after launching the app it’s not even possible to search for an artist or load anything for that matter, it really is infuriating. I usually have to close the entire program and restart it, when I am done with it it usually runs smoothly.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by phonk View Post
    Since I had it Spotify has been awfully slow. Especially when I start the program I usually have to wait 2 mins or so for it to start the first song and it also crashes a lot. Any way to fix this, or is the program just shite?
    Mhh never had problems like this with spotify so like wobblz said it s probably your PC or some settings on your pc that slow it down that much. Only thing i could imagine is if you have a ton of tracks on the offline mode and your pc s hd is shit or lets say overloaded.
    I mean the thing is the same fucking software runs on our phones, so i really think there s a issue with your pc.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Spotify can act like a bitch for me at times.
    david mcgoldrick

21. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, MVD

Serbia

Try enabling/disabling hardware acceleration in the spotify settings.
    If that doesn't help defragment your hard drive if you have a shitton of songs downloaded.

23. Thanks (3): MVD, phonk, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Try enabling/disabling hardware acceleration in the spotify settings.
    If that doesn't help defragment your hard drive if you have a shitton of songs downloaded.
    Just turned it off and it immediately worked. Hopefully it stays like that. Thanks!

Asking out of curiosity: What does it actually do?

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Just turned it off and it immediately worked. Hopefully it stays like that. Thanks!

Asking out of curiosity: What does it actually do?
    Hardware acceleration in simplest terms basically distributes the workload so that when you enable it you also allow the graphics card/sound card/other hardware to do things instead of just your cpu. Sometimes it backfires when the software isn't designed well enough.
    For an instance if you have a cheap laptop with a very poor CPU, you can enable hardware acceleration in your browser so that youtube videos are encoded through your graphics card, which will haggle a lot less of your CPU and make video playback smoother. Or if your video card is just garbage and your cpu is powerful it will have an opposite effect. Handy little bit of info to have because nowadays pretty much all software that encodes/plays any sort of media has an option for it.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

So... Greta Thunberg. Discuss.

Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Earth's saviour.

Next topic plx
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    So... Greta Thunberg. Discuss.

I respect her on many levels, among which her goddamn good English at a young age. Personally, I don't find what she says particularly interesting, but that's because she talks about problems i already know.

If she can be the battering ram for an actual change, then forza Greta.

I can understand why rich people like trump don't care about global warming: worst come to worst, they can always buy a house in Alaska or Greenland.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

33. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

The only reason anybody is paying attention to her is because she comes from rich parents. Entire event is painfully scripted, note the applauding.
    Clickbait that will be forgotten within two days and won't achieve anything.

35. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Each time this environmental issues comes up I remember these sacred words from Agent Smith:

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague

There's so much truth to this, we might be a part of this world and its environmental system but evidently there's a part of us that doesn't belong here, having superior mental capabilities such as memory/intelligence/reasoning is an overkill for this simple world, every single organism that lived on this Earth did not require such phenomena to survive, it only took instinctive or innate behaviors which are inherited and held on the DNA, exactly like a computer which consists of hardware and dedicated software that runs its system smoothly as programmed, but then mankind came and fucked up everything.

Take humans out and Earth will flourish and endure, it's the ultimate evidence that we just don't belong here now. We need the Aliens that sowed us long time ago for whatever reason to come back and reap, few decades late and all they'll come back and find is radiation and abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

37. Thanks (4): Dylan, eduzee, MVD, Wobblz