Results 6,361 to 6,366 of 6366

Thread: The bullshit thread

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    Can someone show me the ignore button?

I can now say honestly that Brehme and brehme-like posters have made FIF annoying for me to the point that I am avoiding FIF altogether. They do not discuss, they simply force their opinions on others in every goddamn thread. Obviously Conte and co gave them a field day last night, but it's like I can now read all of Lukaku's flaws in Forward rumours thread, Icardi thread, Esposito thread, Conte thread... pretty much anywhere.
    yah man its over, this match has ruined the next 20 years of Inter.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Click on the username, then on "View Profile", then on the left of the page there's the "Add to Ignore List": click on it, then confirm your choice.

---------

I don't know if I mentioned this here, but I am moving to another city.

I have already (and definitely too early lol) ended the contract with my interet provider, which means I'll be on phone data for the next 6-8 weeks.

A random, but to me very important point in favour of the place I'm moving to: thank goodness, there's a place where they sell bread with next to no salt.

I'm turning into a bit of a "healt nut" so to speak, and I try to limit the amount of salt in my diet.

Bread with limited amount of salt was on the very top of my list. I feel that in the long term the benefits are great.
    I've been to Florence in August and learnt they don't use salt in bread for a long time now due to some middle age beef with Pisa over salt trading.

Italy

that's correct. salt used to be expensive in some areas of italy and in different periods. to put it very simply, in those areas the bakers at some point went: "you know what? screw you, we'll make the bread without the salt". so to the present day, in those areas (mostly in central italy, as far as i know) it's still a tradition so you have a wider choice, normal bread or with no salt.

the way i see it, this particular tradition has stood the test of time because you don't really notice it that much if you eat the bread with cheese or cured meats.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

4. Thanks (1): nurko

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    that's correct. salt used to be expensive in some areas of italy and in different periods. to put it very simply, in those areas the bakers at some point went: "you know what? screw you, we'll make the bread without the salt". so to the present day, in those areas (mostly in central italy, as far as i know) it's still a tradition so you have a wider choice, normal bread or with no salt.

the way i see it, this particular tradition has stood the test of time because you don't really notice it that much if you eat the bread with cheese or cured meats.
    I had a similar sort of discovery with making eggs a few years ago. When my parents used to make eggs, I would always see them adding salt. One day, long after I had started making my own eggs, I decided to experiment with skipping the salt, and guess what? I didn't even notice the salt was missing. If I'm not even noticing it, then I figured there was no reason to include it.

Truth is, when it's come to food I've prepared, I can't even remember the last time I put salt on anything. I can't speak for fast food - which I've eaten more of late than I wish for various reasons - which I'm sure has a decent amount of salt, but my own food is more than fine without it.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Salt is quite necessary for your health. But with moderation.

Sugar on the other hand is not needed and it has worse effects on the brain that chocolate, coffee or any drug you can name. It's just fucking delicious though. And it's bloody everywhere!

Best decision one can make is to eliminate (added) sugar off of their diet for 2-4 weeks. Then start retaking it in small doses. You won't even like it after detoxing but it's quite easy to get hooked once again.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Just have an extra glass of water unless you're chugging down pounds of salt at a time you shouldn't have to worry.
    david mcgoldrick

8. Thanks (1): Wobblz