Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Lance Armstrong

When Lance Armstrong celebrated his record-breaking seventh Tour de France title in 2005, he made the following prescient speech: "I'll say to the people who don't believe, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles."
    Lol.

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    The guy can get fucked.

And not only him, all the others as well. He's just the one taking the most damage and blame because he's the one who won 7 titles, but the others are actually just as worse.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

He's just been suspended for life, isn't he?
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    He got a lifetime ban and all of his titles stripped but, unlike jube, he knows that cheating has it's consequences and appealing would be completley useless.

Old name
    browha

Europe

except, just like juve, he continues to protest his innocence despite undeniable evidence

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    except, just like juve, he continues to protest his innocence despite undeniable evidence
    Seriously???

I heard that he wasn't going to appeal the decision which surely means he knows he has no chance because he knows exactly what he did.

Old name
    browha

Europe

like juve.. wait until the statue of limitations expires and then complain

in his case, he's come out and said he wont fight the charges, but he continues to insist he's innocent. Doesnt really work like that, I'm afraid

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

For a second I thought we just signed a primavera player name Lance Amstrong.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

8. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Handoyo

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Disgrace...total douchebag too
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    The guy can get fucked.

And not only him, all the others as well. He's just the one taking the most damage and blame because he's the one who won 7 titles, but the others are actually worse.[COLOR="Silver"]
    No, other cyclists haven't acted like the white-knight of cycling who nonchalantly expected people to believe that he was so much better than everyone else who were doping while clean and that he was able to magically achieve this by just training harder and by being a superhuman cancer survivor. What's sad is that most cycling fans have known for years too. He was no where near the best rider who was doped either, rather he was just the one with the team with the biggest amount of resources and most effective doping scheme. Physiologically Armstrong paled in comparison to many of the adversaries such as Basso, Pantani, Ulrich, Evans and especially Contador who is a truly phenomenal physical freak.

Cycling is actually pretty clean now and that's obvious from modern data which shows that riders are not climbing or time-trialing quite like they once did.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Guys I just thought of something..........Imagine what the world of cycling would be like if Zanetti was a cyclist.......

Undefeated Tour de France champion at least!!!

12. Thanks (2): Aurimas, nerazzurri4life

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    The sport of cycling is corrupt and I'm embarrassed how EVERYONE likes doping for the wrong reasons. Contador and Floyd Landis pulled this shit too.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfreek View Post
    The sport of cycling is corrupt and I'm embarrassed how EVERYONE likes doping for the wrong reasons. Contador and Floyd Landis pulled this shit too.
    so does football.. it is a corrupted business.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    I still remember how awful that 2007 year was when an entire team was kicked off in the middle of the tour de france. Anyone remember that time Michael Rasmussen was "banned" after miscommunication with his team?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Vanuatu

Fucking scum, I hope Johan Bruyneel gets a lifetime ban from being involved in cycling at any level as well. They tainted the sport for years, and only now is the sport finally getting clean. Look at how shit riders like Ivan Basso and Alexander Vinokourov were towards the end of their careers - it wasn't just their age, it was how bad they were in all aspects in the last couple of years. Why? They'd actually stopped doping by now.

It is time for cycling to start again with a clean slate, and build a new era of genuine drug-free winners.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

so.. they found out he was doped after 10 years or so? Sorry i dont buy this crap.. How the fuck was nt he discovered when they made the tests those years, lance armstron might have been the athlete with the most anti doping tests .
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Vanuatu

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinAintEasy View Post
    so.. they found out he was doped after 10 years or so? Sorry i dont buy this crap.. How the fuck was nt he discovered when they made the tests those years, lance armstron might have been the athlete with the most anti doping tests .
    He bribed the UCI to cover it up for him, there were transactions of $100,000 from Armstrong to UCI's accounts listed as "donations". He had inside info, this was the most advanced doping operation the world has ever seen. People sort of "knew", but they couldn't uncover the evidence to back it up until later.

As for 2007 - Astana was run by former USPS Directeur Sportif, Johan Bruyneel. And Cofidis was a team with a long history of doping, it's no surprise they were both busted doping that year.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by kostas22 View Post
    He bribed the UCI to cover it up for him, there were transactions of $100,000 from Armstrong to UCI's accounts listed as "donations". He had inside info, this was the most advanced doping operation the world has ever seen. People sort of "knew", but they couldn't uncover the evidence to back it up until later.

As for 2007 - Astana was run by former USPS Directeur Sportif, Johan Bruyneel. And Cofidis was a team with a long history of doping, it's no surprise they were both busted doping that year.
    until I see tests that say that Armstrong doped I dont buy this crap.

you cant cover yourself for 10 years give the man a fucking break. All I read is his rivals talking crap about how he motivated others to use doping or shit like this
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Old name
    browha

Europe

^--- conveniently ignores all the testimony from his teammates which says he doped, and the fact that Armstrong isnt even appealing.

The USADA say this is the STRONGEST CASE they have EVER BROUGHT against anyone.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

strongest case and yet not a single test that proofs that Armstrong doped.. man this shit is so messed up

Fav. Player
    ???

United States

99 FIF Special Ones
    There is a pile of evidence saying he did it, so I won't refute that. However, you cannot deny how much money he has raised to cure cancer. This, in no way to me, mars his reputation in my eyes.

Also, some sponsors are asking for their winnings money back. But seriously? They made plenty of money off of him too. You can't really quantify that sort of thing.
    _______
    VERATHIA