Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inter's best Primavera prospects, and what they need to complete themselves

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Inter's best Primavera prospects, and what they need to complete themselves

Marco Benassi
    Position: DM
    A bit like: Thiago Motta
    Chance of first team action this season: 25-30%, I dont expect to see him play barring maybe a call up in the Coppa Italia, a few minutes in the EL, or in an injury crisis in the first team
    Chance of loan next season: Very high. He needs, as stated below, game time experience. 38 games in Serie B would do him very well.
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: Very high. He's a type of player - in the long run - that could fix alot of the midfield issues we have, and he will be nurtured very carefully.
    Introduction:
    A player in particular I've been talking about for a long time, he went under the apprentice programme last season (as a reserve to the primavera main players) and has developed a lot for it. One of our younger players once highlighted him as being better than Bessa, he's dominating the midfield this season. Its worth highlighting in particular his goal against Dortmund in the NextGen series. He's got great technique, a good ability to sit back, late into the box too. He's got good passing range, and has some decent playmaking skills too. With his recent (rather publicized) renewal until 2017, he's held in high regard at Inter. On the downside, it basically boils down to experience. He needs to improve his game reading, tactical side, and overall experience and stuff. He's a great young prospect, I have high hopes for him, and he just needs some game time and to be slowly worked into the first team. As well as this, increasing his technical side (possession under pressure, for example) would be a great benefit.

Yago Del Piero
    Position: DM/MC
    A bit like: Veron
    Chance of first team action this season: None. Perhaps a game in the Coppa Italia - it remains to be seen what Strama's plan is - but he isn't even close to the 'b'-team of Inter right now.
    Chance of loan next season: Very low. I naively expect him to be developing in the Primavera again. If age is an issue, though, expect a loan to Serie B
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: Medium. He's doing well but needs to come a long way before we can make predictions for him.
    Introduction:
    A nice little player whose been with Inter for a while, he represents great technical skills. He needs to work on combining these for a more lethal end product, but he's got a great ability to play from defensive to offensive roles in midfield. A good playmaker, the main criticism will be the requirement for more end product. As with all our midfielders, they need to develop possession under pressure skills, as well as combining for more lethal end product, but Del Piero is one of the best prospects we have, and we should be hopeful for him over the next few years.

Patrick Olsen
    Position:AMC
    A bit like: Paul Scholes
    Chance of first team action this season: Almost guaranteed. He's made a huge influence in the Primavera when he plays, and he's been training with the first team. Expect to see him in the coming months, or at least added to the EL list (possibly)
    Chance of loan next season: Hard to say. It depends on how much impact he makes in the first team when he plays. If we don't anticipate him - at least - playing 15-20 games next season, he should be loaned
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: Very high. We invested quite a lot of the youth budget in this guy, and he's clearly talented. Barring some attitude issues (which can always happen), he should be a big name at Inter for years to come.
    Introduction:
    Olsen has become a very important part of the Primavera, assisting every goal except two in the time he's played. He's a great attacking midfielder, with good vision. I'd like to see him given more flair on the ball, and the chance to express himself more, but it's clear he's a good attacking force. In my opinion, the most complete attacking force we have at the youth level. For Olsen, it certainly boils down to experience. He's a good player, and we can expect him to debut before the end of the season. He's been training with the first team, and don't be surprised if he features soon.

Simone Pasa
    Position: DC/DMC
    A bit like: Cambiasso
    Chance of first team action this season: Very low. The only situation I can imagine him playing is a defensive injury crisis. Cambiasso, Zanetti perhaps, others will be above him even in the case of a serious centre-back lack
    Chance of loan next season: Almost guaranteed, he needs to develop somewhere, if it was up to me I'd put him alongside Caldirola or Benedetti for a year
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: 60% He's an interesting young prospect who has shown some skills, but we need to see more consistency and experience from him before we can commit
    Introduction:
    A player who has traditionally been a midfielder for Inter, he has developed some good technical and tactical skills. He's been converted of late into a ball playing centre back for Inter, and he's succeeding. Our defense is the best tactical part of the whole team, with Donkor and Pasa looking sharp. Pasa is getting recognition in the Italy U-18/19/20 category as well now, he's looking like a good centre back for the future. As far as development goes, he needs to bulk up, get experience, and get some exposure to the first team atmosphere/playing against higher level players. He's great at reading the game currently, and good with the ball.

Lorenzo Tassi
    Position: Deep play maker or attacking playmaker
    A bit like: Roberto Baggio
    Chance of first team action this season: None. He's not even a regular in the Primavera. Acampora, Del Piero, Olsen, are all above him
    Chance of loan next season: None. If he remains at Inter, he will be star of the Primavera
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: Hard to say. He's not exactly impressed since moving from Brescia on co-ownership - which expires at the end of the season - and it's very hard to say right now, especially in light of the Poli farce, whether we will choose to exercise the right to buy him or not. We seem to make positive noises about him, but he's not playing that much, and he isn't as imposing as what would ultimately translate to 35% of the youth budget would demand.
    Introduction:
    One of the biggest name prospects in Italy youth football, also one of the most well known, he's recovered from a cruciate injury but has yet to display the form which persuaded Inter to part with 2 million euros before the injury to co-own him. He's developing now by learning in the Primavera, we anticipate (if we keep him) him being a fixture in the Primavera next season. He's got good attacking skill, but needs to learn to impose himself more. He was brought in under great fanfare, but hasn't really showed the returns people expected, both last season and this year. For a guy who played first team, Serie A, football with Brescia aged 16, you would expect him to be dominating when he played last year in the Beretti. Still, a great young prospect, and hopefully we keep him and he develops.

Luca Garritano
    Position: Inside forward/striker
    A bit like: Alexis Sanchez
    Chance of first team action this season: 100%, he's already had some, and undoubtedly will again
    Chance of loan next season: 90%. He's shown some good skills and Serie B clubs will be undoubtedly looking to sign him
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: 75%. He's clearly an interesting prospect, it would be nice to see him go one step further and deliver a more complete package. The first year or two on loan will decide his future
    Introduction:
    He's a good young forward, who came in and scored some important goals for the Primavera last year despite playing in the Allievi. He's doing very well in the Primavera this year now, too, and his first team debuted gave the world a glimpse of him. He likes to come in from deep - often being used (imho somewhat ineffectively) as an inside forward on the wings. He has decent speed, power, and technical skills, giving him a decent package with which to get around defenders. My main criticism of him is that he is not tactically disciplined. When played as a centre-forward, he often drifts very deep to try and pick up the ball and get involved, leaving the team toothless at the front. If he can get over this, he is a very good young prospect.

Nicolo Belloni
    Position:Inside forward
    A bit like:Rodrigo Palacio
    Chance of first team action this season: Very very low. It would take a huge impact for him to justify any first team action - not that it is beyond his reach, he is the surprise package so far
    Chance of loan next season: Quite high, he's going to be popping up on people's radars after the last few weeks
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: 50%. He's shown some signs of brilliance of late, but he needs to deliver this more consistently, and show that it isn't just a phase.
    Introduction:
    A relatively surprising/unexpected player, in my books. He's the top goalscorer of the Primavera right now, and that was as a right-winger (primarily). His performances are getting him Italy recognition too, recently hitting a brace on his debut for the Italy U-18s. He combines good timing with good finishing, and has a natural knack for scoring at the moment. One to keep a close eye on - the big question now will be whether he can deliver this consistently or not.

Gennaro Acampora
    Position:Attacking Midfielder
    A bit like:Ricky Alvarez-meets-Wesley Sneijder
    Chance of first team action this season: 20-30%. He'll be behind Olsen in the pickings, and I don't see him playing barring a complete crisis, except maybe a Coppa Italia game or two.
    Chance of loan next season: N/A - We don't know if we will keep him yet
    Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: 50%. Since he is only on loan, he needs to prove that he deserves the transfer. However, he has been an automatic first choice for the Primavera of late, so he could well do it.
    Introduction:
    Gennaro Acampora brings some interesting attributes to our midfield. He's a trequartista/attacking midfielder, good with the ball at his feet and he has some great vision. Most likely to see him threading lovely through balls to the strikers, or cutting in from a slightly wide position into the box. He's come in on loan from Spezia (I believe) and has taken the AMC position in the midfield instantly. He's a good young player, and hopefully we sign him outright at the end of the season. Promising.
    Last edited by .h.; 24 Oct 12 at 16:47.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Poland

Great article. Sounds like you are pretty well informed about our youth section. It's cool you compared these young boys to well known footballers so people can easily imagine how do they play

3. Thanks (1): .h.

Old name
    browha

Europe

Its kinda hard for some of these players, you want to avoid sensationalism but also give them a fair representation. The hardest, imho, were Olsen and Garritano, who have pretty unique styles. Of course what makes a big difference is that they aren't the 'complete' product yet, and have a long way to go, so their styles will change a lot before they hit the top players they can be.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Can I ask for a few changes. Can you include possibility of getting a first team call up and possibility of becoming an Obi and also possibility of getting loaned out / co owned to a Serie B team?

Old name
    browha

Europe

Sure, thats an interesting suggestion mate.

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

GAH, just made those fucking changes you suggested and it logged me out. RAGE.

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

added in Gennaro Acampora too

7. Thanks (1): snake

Fav. Player
    Recoba, Alvarez

Thanks for the great article =) btw are Nicolo Belloni's and Gennaro Acampora's introduction same in purpose?
    And I suggest to put their age / DOB so that we can know (obviously) their age

Old name
    browha

Europe

I'm not sure I understand your question RE: Acampora & Belloni

These guys are all '94 I believe, except Tassi who is '95

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Indonesia

You write same description for acampora & belloni

Old name
    browha

Europe

ah shit thanks. there was a big when i tried to post it, the autosaved fucked up. i'll fix it.

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

fixed

12. Thanks (1): Master Inter

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Indonesia

Nice work browha.
    A bit off-topic, do you also follow our loaned / co-owned youngsters that play in another club such such as Benedetti, Crisetig, Natalino, Faraoni, etc.? How are their development?

Old name
    browha

Europe

I try my best to, but its difficult. It's much harder/less interesting to watch random Serie B games to track one player, I'd rather just watch the Primavera

There is this thread:

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...layers-on-loan

which needs to be updated for 2012-2013.

From what I've heard, Faraoni is doing quite well at Udinese - not a first team starter yet, but he is playing alot. He fractured his hand recently but came back from that.

Natalino is at Inter, apparently he has some cardiac problems which we are hoping to clear up and then loan him out in January

Crisetig has not played very much at Spezia. Apparently their manager prefers to play two defensive midfielders, rather than a playmaker, but the news today suggests Crisetig might go to Parma in january, which would be great for him.

Benedetti is playing regularly (I believe) at Spezia but I don't know too much about it ontop of that. Bardi apparently disappointed a little at first - bad luck more than anything - but he's imporoving. Alborno isn't featuring much at Novara. Alibec is playing regularly now, but not scoring liberally. Biraghi and Rigione are out on loan but I don't know how they are performing.. Stevanovic is doing reasonably at Torino, but not regularing as much as he could. Dunno why.

15. Thanks (1): Vintage

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    What's our primavera first choice formation and lineup? I see a few players here like Acampora who have competition for their slots and whom I haven't seen in the nextgen matches this season.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Old name
    browha

Europe

The formation is a Mourinho-esque 4-2-3-1. The line up is much harder to say, it hasnt been stable yet. Olsen was benched alot after signing so he could integrate, we've rotated a reasonable amount, but I'll give it a go:

Dalle vedove

Bandini Donkor Pasa MBaye

Benassi Del Piero/Olsen

Belloni Acampora/Olsen Forte

Garritano

After a few more games have been played it should be easier to decide

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    Gennaro Acampora
    Position:Attacking Midfielder
    A bit like:Ricky Alvarez-meets-Wesley Sneijder
    so.. injury prone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

19. Thanks (2): chipschups, nurko

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Nicely done browha. I imagine it takes some effort to follow a youth set-up on a regular basis.

I notice you didn't do a write-up on Mbaye. Any reason why? I've just assumed that he's a fairly talented young player from what I've read but you would know better than I. And even though he's no longer a Primavera player, how do you feel about Duncan and his future?

Old name
    browha

Europe

Actually, the reason I didn't do a write up on MBaye & Duncan is straight forward. I consider them part of the first team

I'll do another post sometime soon in detail on both Duncan & MBaye, to give you a feel for them

Fav. Player
    Zidane,9,37

Hong Kong

bessa too ^^

Old name
    browha

Europe

as requested, its posted

24. Thanks (1): nurko

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Great informative article, although I think you're too optimistic on their chances. There's no way that there will be so many youngsters that will succeed at the same time.

Old name
    browha

Europe

I would actually go so far as to say this is one of the best crops of youth players I've seen anywhere in recent history. The emphasis on training and stuff is getting to the right position and I think we will see all of these players make it as professional footballers at the minimum

27. Thanks (1): Ffi201zi002tlis