Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Donkor

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    He's playing primavera matches. However, yes he is technically part of the first team.
    no, he isn't playing primavera matches, because he isn't part of the primavera anymore. He is a full member of the first team.

http://giovanili.inter.it/aas/squadra?IDS=1&L=en

United States

PERUGIA-INTER: 0-7
    Scorers: Bonazzoli (9 ', 28', 77 ', 83'), Belly (15 ', 51'), Yao (48 ').

INTER: 1 Radu; 2 Gyamfi, Yao 5, 6 Donkor, 3 Dimarco (26 'Rocca); 8 buildings, 4 Dabo, 10 Gnoukouri; 7 Appiah (11 'Ventre), 9 Bonazzoli, 11 Baldini (73' Lomolino). Coach: Stefano Vecchi.

PERUGIA: 1 Rossin; 2 Arboleda, Barilaro 5, 6 Borgarello, 3 Proietti; 7 Masella, Giambi 4, 8 Giannarelli (55 'Ruci), 11 Musto; 9 Boscolo Zemelo (46 'Pettinelli), 10 Zelbi.

Referee: Pauline Ascoli
    From the last primavera game. He has been playing with them the last couple of weeks.

South Africa

From the last primavera game. He has been playing with them the last couple of weeks.
    he must be recovering from an injury then. because he isn't listed as an official member of the primavera squad, while he is listed as an official member of the first team (unlike bonazzoli and puscas, who are on both lists).

United States

Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    he must be recovering from an injury then. because he isn't listed as an official member of the primavera squad, while he is listed as an official member of the first team (unlike bonazzoli and puscas, who are on both lists).
    He had a preseason injury but he's been training for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps playing there if we're not going to give him time in the first team. He probably should have been loaned.

South Africa

He had a preseason injury but he's been training for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps playing there if we're not going to give him time in the first team. He probably should have been loaned.
    Do you know whether or not mazzarri chose to keep him or other teams were deterred by his injury?

United States

Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    Do you know whether or not mazzarri chose to keep him or other teams were deterred by his injury?
    Actually it was a management decision. Donkor was also supposed to be in the 1st team last year but injuries prohibited him from making the breakthrough. The plan this year was always to treat Donkor like a 1st team player, and he was never talked about for a possible loan move. I forgot who spoke it but it was either Ausillio or Samaden.

7. Thanks (1): bandiera

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    A promising game from Donkor tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Help me Crotone, you're my only hope.

9. Thanks (1): JJM

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I'd be of the opposite view.

11. Thanks (1): TGDella

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Same here. Too insecure, too fragile, and didn't seem like he had good positioning sense.

Has a talent tho. But it's still way too early.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

13. Thanks (3): Guney, morrisama, TGDella

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

#YouthHaters
    Platano Power
    Inter Will Not Qualify For The Champions League

15. Thanks (5): Guney, JJM, morrisama, MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

Glad I'm not the only one who thought he sucked.

17. Thanks (1): Guney

Donkor wasnt bad at all. Very good physical player, loves to get into the thick of things, and sticks to his man like a fly. Promising kid.

19. Thanks (3): didi, Doffy, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPhat View Post
    Donkor wasnt bad at all. Very good physical player, loves to get into the thick of things, and sticks to his man like a fly. Promising kid.
    he was shrugged off to the floor a few times... he was pretty poor tbh and that team was missing their best forwards.

21. Thanks (1): TGDella

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Yeah but wasn't our team basically the youth squad + reserves?

Also, aren't some of you exaggerating on the impact of a 19 year old in a makeshift back 3 for the first time in his career for 90 minutes?

What were the expectation? That a Ferri is born out of him?

Of course he'll face positional mistakes that lead to collide with Marco on George, miss the pacy forward twice, and make a rash tackle. Based on the ratings of various sites, and this is coming from someone who hates these stats, he was our 2nd to 3rd best performer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Help me Crotone, you're my only hope.

23. Thanks (1): morrisama

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

To be clear, I am NOT saying Donkor will never be a good player based on this performance, nor am I saying he currently isn't a promising player (I don't see him week in week out in training or primavera games so can't judge completely), nor am I saying I expect him to have a great game straight away. All I'm saying is I think he played badly, looked fragile, made mistakes etc what else are you to judge a player's performance on?

I totally disagree that he was in our top 3 performers, but at the end of the day I guess that's just a matter of different people watching the game and different incidences sticking in our memories. You've also got to take into account the opposition - the azabaijaani champions ffs - their forwards should not have been causing us such problems and indeed didn't look like causing Andreolli individually any problems at all when he faced them 1 on 1. I'm completely in favour of looking towards youth, but that doesn't mean I can't criticise when I think one has played badly. It's not like he's logging on to FIF every night and losing confidence due to what I say. I hope he plays better next time.

25. Thanks (3): morrisama, wera, Wings

Fav. Player
    LM10 & MI9
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

from what iv seen in the second half he did pretty good. he tried maybe to hard but apart from that...

Fav. Player
    Myself.

Greenland

'Patience is a virtue', no youngster made a breakthrough without making a lot of mistakes, dude is still 18 and there is room for lot of improvement. Youngsters need to be encouraged no matter what not critics.

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Estonia

Bump.

Who the heck is this guy? en.Wikipedia lists his senior experience as starting in 2012 with Inter, but only one appearance (Saturday, presumably). Has he gotten extensive looks in the Primavera setup?

I don't think he was bad against Torino (although I also wonder why Dodo didn't play).
    "I don't think drugs are the problem."

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Made his debut under strama in the El
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

He was pretty good vs Toro. Much better than M'Baye who shits his pants everytime he plays for the first team.