Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Of Next Generation Of Inter Milan

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Captain Of Next Generation Of Inter Milan

http://irequis.wordpress.com/2012/11...f-inter-milan/

Talking about Inter Milan means talking about Javier Zanetti and vice versa. As a captain for 13 years, he has led Nerazurri with fine performance and consitency, leading them to 15 trophies during his reign as captain. But, there is an end for everything and Zanetti is no exception. Currently he is at the dawn of his career and already shows the signs of declining. So, when Il Tractore retires, who will inherit the armband that has been strapped tightly to his arm ? For now, the vice captain is Cambiasso and below him is Milito and Samuel. Also there is still Stankovic and Chivu. But all of them also already at the age of 30’s. Apparently, following Zanetti’s footstep to play in high level competition until 39 years old is virtually imposibble for them. Even Milito already shows alarming inconsistency while Stankovic and Chivu are struggling with their fitness.

So, who will continue the legacy of Zanetti and leading new generation of Inter Milan in next few years ? This is quite difficult question as there is no standout leader among the players within current Inter squad. The current Inter mostly comprises of new legs like Handanovic, Juan, Guarin, Gargano, Pereria, and Palacio. So, by common sense, unlikely they would be the next captain as there are more senior players out there. Also, the likes of Livaja, Coutinho, and Ricky also would be unlikely as they are tender in age. So by eliminating the least probable one, here are the candidates of next captain:

1. Wesley Sneijder (age 28, joined Inter in 2009)
    In near future, he will be the only remnant of treble winner team. And, within Inter first team squad, he is the most senior player and has the longest service for under 30 years old player criteria. Seems the chance of him as captain is quite high, but it only and only happens if both the Dutchman and Nerazzuri do not part way. There is no telling when Inter will sell him for big amount of money or either Sneijder will leave Milano to follow other stars that had left Serie-A.

2. Samir Handanovic (age 28, joined Inter in 2012)
    Talking about captaincy for him is extremely premature. But, barring the 30 years old players in the squad, he is the most senior player there on par with Sneijder. Also, as the goalkeeper, his position is relatively secure and there is little chance of him being offloaded in near future. In next 2 or 3 years, probably the only active player in current squad that is older than him is Palacio. But, there is no telling when his performance drops, let alone as a striker in modern football that requires a lot of movement. Also, combination of rat-tail and armband isn’t neat fashion, is it ?

3. Andrea Ranocchia (age 24, joined Inter in 2011)
    As the name stands, Internazionare Milano was established to accomodate foreigners to play football in Milano. The policy still continues as the number of foreign players of Nerazurri is almost always the most among other Serie-A teams. Neverthless, Interisti would be proud to have Italian captain to show the identity of Italan club. And, if he is the great defender that Italians desperate for so long and becomes the backbone of Gli Azzuri, it would be perfect scenario for Interisti. Could it be Ranocchia ? Forget the great defender part, he still has long way to go to be the one. But, currently he is the primary centerback of the team and his playing time is among the highest in squad. Add the factor of him as Italian, his odd as the captain is widely open. The recent match against Rubin Kazan, when he became a captain, just confirmed it even more. If somehow he becomes leader of La Beneamata, the captaincy will once again return to centerback position, just like Giuseppe Bergomi who was the predecessor of Javier Zanetti. Of course comparing Ranocchia to Bergomi is an utter insult to such accomplished defender. Well, at least the harsh challenges reminds him a lot. Surely The Frog can leap even higher, right Ranocchia ?

4. Yuto Nagatomo (age 26, joined Inter in 2011)
    Probably mention him as Inter’s next captain is a bit peculiar, but no one bears any resemblance to Zanetti better than Nagatomo. Simply say, Nagatomo is a poor man’s Zanetti. Both player have almost similar charateristics. Versatile, infinite stamina, industrious, with dribbling as strong point. By the next couple of years, his age will allow him to be senior enough to be a captain and still has enough time to serve Inter long enough. Then, the main point with him as a captain is, he would inject the enthusiasm and lead by example just like Zanetti has been doing. His chance for the captaincy is sandwiched by Handanovic and Ranocchia, but if somehow he becomes one, he would be the first Asian to lead the top European team.
    Last edited by Irequis; 24 Nov 12 at 19:43.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

2. Thanks (2): chipschups, Devious

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    I think the more realistic most proper choice would be Andrea.

Although, I still hope Zanetti plays another 2 seasons.

Shit doesnt happen

4. Thanks (2): Pimpin, sanka

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Rano definitely. He has the leadrship in him. Tho, i THINK there is thread like this somewhere.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Yeah, my bet is also at Ranocchia. Probably Yuto will be vice captain.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Nah, Yuto doesn't have the leadership IMO. Rano does. I have no idea who can be the vice captain tho.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yuto doesn't speak fluent Italian I believe. Any captain IMO needs to speak the language of the country they're playing in. I'm not sure if Yuto even has the characteristics of a captain anyways.

Without a doubt, the front-runner is Rano. Ricky is a strong choice as well. Purely for of course

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

That's why I write it. I cant think anyone except Naga to be the vice captain. At the very least, he is the senior member of the club and his work ethic resembles Zanetti.
    To think about it, back then Zanetti also didn't exceptional leadershp. Even until now he rarely shows his expression and leads only by example. Who knows Nagatomo would be the same case.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Sneijder as option #1 given his current contract situation seems a little silly
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

11. Thanks (1): I4E

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Irequis View Post
    Currently he is at the dawn of his career

Damn right he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

this discussion has been around for 5 years, it will be for 2-3 more years at least!
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

14. Thanks (1): Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Just tge right time, when Rano will be 26-27..

My message to JuBe cunts

16. Thanks (2): I4E, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    zamorano
    Old name
    noxxaro

Japan

Not tryin to be smartass but please edit the title.We ain't fuckin Inter Milan.

Inter/Internazionale.

Ranocchia would be out of contest the next one.
    Solo Internazionale 1908

18. Thanks (2): Devious, Universe

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Vice-Captain means jack-shit, just a token title IMO.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to captains and would like it to be a defender. So based on that, Rano is actually the only option as opposed to the best option.

Would love to see Juan become a real boss in a few years and have the armband. But that's just my wishful thinking.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    Vice-Captain means jack-shit, just a token title IMO.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to captains and would like it to be a defender. So based on that, Rano is actually the only option as opposed to the best option.

Would love to see Juan become a real boss in a few years and have the armband. But that's just my wishful thinking.
    Why not Ranocchia captain, Juan vice-Milito i mean vice captain?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

21. Thanks (1): I4E

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    Well, official captain will be Esteban Cambiasso as he'll probably still be around then.

The guy who will wear the armband in reality will probably be Rano based on the longest servant tradition. Well, actually it is Coutinho, but I doubt he'll be given it (but who knows, long time away). Assuming Sneijder leaves.

I'd actually give it to Handanovic tho.

But in the end, it's nothing more than a symbolic role. Leaders will become leaders of the team irregardless of the armband.
    Check my Downfall parody of Inter transfer summer 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGoSfx-3x8Q

My review of current Inter: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...703#post862703

My new website: http://footballsnewtalent.wordpress.com/

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I'm not convinced we have any good captains at Inter right now, after Cambiasso.

In the long run... its hard to say. Ranocchia maybe? Handanovic? But I don't see any natural leaders in this team right now, to be honest.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Ranno probably if he grows further .....
    In 2-3 years it might even be Obi or Juan, who knows???
    But the next 2 years are definitely Zanetti and Cambiasso + next most senior player until a proper name shapes up out of performances and behaviour ON AND OFF the pitch.

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Obi needs to develop to a first team player before we can consider him for captain
    Jesus is way way too junior - how is he going to command respect from people like Handanovic?

Ranocchia is the only one, but I don't often see much 'leadership quality' from him, as such.

Handanovic, imho, is the closest thing we have at the moment.

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Strama already said Rano is a natural leader so perhaps theres some stuff behind the scenes we're not picking up on. And Romano also said Rano came to him before the Kazan game and calmed him, that sounds like pretty good leadership to me.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    Obi needs to develop to a first team player before we can consider him for captain
    Jesus is way way too junior - how is he going to command respect from people like Handanovic?
    Those two were noted just to point out to how far could the choice go given the different development from the players
    And you do have a point for Ranocchia not showing leadership on the pitch.

Edit:
    Strama already said Rano is a natural leader so perhaps theres some stuff behind the scenes we're not picking up on. And Romano also said Rano came to him before the Kazan game and calmed him, that sounds like pretty good leadership to me.
    Didn't know about any of it tbh ...