Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IIHF Hockey

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

IIHF Hockey

Does anyone follow the IIHF end of the year hockey games? GO CANADA! ......no one? ....not even 1 person? ......

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I follow it, but with the games being in Russia this year, I'm not waking up at 4am to watch Canada vs Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

you dont have to wake up if you never went to sleep

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by ninuk View Post
    you dont have to wake up if you never went to sleep

my motto
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

5. Thanks (1): Fapuccino

Canada

I'll just catch the encore presentations later on TSN

7. Thanks (1): sanka

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    I pay attention to the juniors a little, but I don't put much stock in it. I didn't go nuts or pretend to be a USA fan when 2010 happened. Of course it's so lame this is the highest quality hockey we'll be seeing

If this was the 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia, I'd be caring much more. I don't care much for the IIHF championships in the spring or the juniors this time of the year.

EDIT: Is there a reason why you Canadians change your nationality flag on here yet you type "Go Canada"? I figured there must not be any pride by putting yourselves on Christmas Island, Bhutan and Aaland... as well as Myanmar and Kosovo in the past
    Last edited by Coasterfreek; 28 Dec 12 at 21:11.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfreek View Post
    I pay attention to the juniors a little, but I don't put much stock in it. I didn't go nuts or pretend to be a USA fan when 2010 happened. Of course it's so lame this is the highest quality hockey we'll be seeing

EDIT: Is there a reason why you Canadians change your nationality flag on here yet you type "Go Canada"? I figured there must not be any pride by putting yourselves on Christmas Island, Bhutan and Aaland... as well as Myanmar and Kosovo in the past
    because no one in Canada is actually from Canada

10. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

ninuk is an Albanian sob thats why , should change his flag tbh
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

12. Thanks (1): Fapuccino

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    trust me dude, its a fucking shit hole. everyone is mean to each other, people never socialize out of their own groups. weather is shit. There's nothing to do. You can't have any type of fun without spending a lot of cash. maybe vancouver or montreal if you speak french, but cant speak for those. just toronto.

oh and theres like 0 hot chicks.like literally people are so fucking ugly here. I dont know if its the food, or the atmosphere, but u wont find any good looking girls.
    Yea you are? Why should you care about this event when you've said a lot of shit about your own country?
    Last edited by Coasterfreek; 28 Dec 12 at 21:28.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I

I don't remember ever putting "Go Canada," I simply enjoy watching hockey

I'll be watching Russia vs USA intently

Truth.

Disagrees on the ladies however, you can always find a good looking one if you look hard enough, depending on what you like
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Disagrees on the ladies however, you can always find a good looking one if you look hard enough, depending on what you like
    not in Toronto mate. i dont wanna sound racist maybe its just me cause im only into white chicks, and a great of white people live in the suburbs.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

not in Toronto mate. i dont wanna sound racist maybe its just me cause im only into white chicks, and a great of white people live in the suburbs.
    Do you classify Europeans into the same category as white people? I know some people who consider most Europeans "olive"

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

haha man any european/mediterrenean/ hispanic. im not saying i dont like other ethinicities, im just saying generally those are my types.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

No I gotcha, I'm the same way

Toronto has a lot of Chinese, African american (Canadian?) and Filipino so I can see where your problem is. Inner city Toronto isn't going to help you in your case, though Mississauga would probably be more of what you're looking for

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

hahaha. getting too offtopic.

anyhow this was a good game. didnt catch the whole, but caught the extended highlights.

Germany is completely awful at hockey. I dont even know why they play.

I think the 2 main teams are Canada and Sweden. Hoping to see that final. Lets hope what happened against USA a few years back doesnt happen again.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

i love black girls

21. Thanks (1): Fapuccino

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Russia are a strong contender since they are stacked up front, and are at home. Canada's advantage is that they have the best centers at the tournament easily, especially considering they have an NHLer on the first line in RNH. Heck, RNH has 7 points in 2 games!

USA team seems weaker than usual this year

I'm guessing we see Canada, Russia, and the US out of Group B (though Slovakia upsetting the US wouldn't shock me at all) and Sweden, Switzerland, and the Czech out of Group A

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

I think Canada is stronger than Russia this year, even though they got home adv. RNH is playing amazing, but I got a feel hes going to be another Kadri. Start youth off well and disappoint later on.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    I remember Sweden won this thing last year... everyone that I knew was so mad Russia beat Canada. I'll probably watch highlights just so I can find future NHL draft picks, but not staying up at graveyard hours to watch this event live.

25. Thanks (1): Fapuccino

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Yea you are? Why should you care about this event when you've said a lot of shit about your own country?
    if you didnt like your siblings, at the end of the day, if they were competing in an international event, youd still cheer for them no?

Canada has a lot of shit wrong with it, it's far from perfect, but I'd take this over 90% of the countries in the world tbh.