Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Italy U-21

South Africa

Agreed, Benassi is really likeable. He gives it his all and doesnt shy away from anyone.

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Can we kidnap Rugani?

- - - Updated - - -

Benassi with the 3rd!

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo 9

China

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Benassi add another

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

PORTUGAL JUST SCORED!!

- - - Updated - - -

NOOOOOOOOOO!

1-1

- - - Updated - - -

Sweden equalized.

South Africa

after sweden equalized, i watched the last 3 minuets of the portugal game because it would decide whether italy would go through. all i can say is that portugal can go fuck themselves. holy fuck, i just saw the one of the most unsportsmanlike things in my life. the entire team was in their own half and they literally passed it around 3 players for 4 minutes, with no one on either team moving. for the last two minutes it was passed between 2 players. And no one gave a shit, on either side. For the last 15 seconds they didnt even pass the ball. they literally stood there waiting for the clock to run out and for italy to be eliminated.

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    after sweden equalized, i watched the last 3 minuets of the portugal game because it would decide whether italy would go through. all i can say is that portugal can go fuck themselves. holy fuck, i just saw the one of the most unsportsmanlike things in my life. the entire team was in their own half and they literally passed it around 3 players for 4 minutes, with no one on either team moving.
    I had both games on as well. How boring.... they didnt even pass over the line and sweden didnt press at all.

South Africa

if di biagio had played benassi and crisetig in the midfield vs sweden, as well as romagnoli over bianchetti and verdi over battocchio, italy would have gone through, if not reach the final. bardi also screwed up with a foul that drew a penalty in that game, if sportiello had been playing instead, im sure they wouldnt have conceded.

8. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

Yeah saw that but it happened during the first half too. They were just passing from central backs to fullback but in all honesty they knew if Italy regrouped they would have been much difficult to take down in the final stages.

It's a sad thing for this group of youngsters who didn't deserve this. Di Biagio shouldn't have experimented during the tournament, in the qualifying rounds it was understandable but not now.

10. Thanks (2): bandiera, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    after sweden equalized, i watched the last 3 minuets of the portugal game because it would decide whether italy would go through. all i can say is that portugal can go fuck themselves. holy fuck, i just saw the one of the most unsportsmanlike things in my life. the entire team was in their own half and they literally passed it around 3 players for 4 minutes, with no one on either team moving. for the last two minutes it was passed between 2 players. And no one gave a shit, on either side. For the last 15 seconds they didnt even pass the ball. they literally stood there waiting for the clock to run out and for italy to be eliminated.
    Italy should have won points in those matches they lost it. Can only blame yourself in these situations. All we can do is enjoy Portugal and Swedens losses now. Cheers.

South Africa

yeah, ultimately italy suffered because di biagio played second division players and benchwarmers over players like romagnoli,benassi,crisetig,verdi,sportiello who are starting and impressing in serie a.

on the bright side, this tournament definitely helped benassi's confidence. also, hopefully their elimination can give a kick up bardi's ass and he will step it up next season. its probably wishful thinking though.

Switzerland

Agreed.

Coaching error in 1th match.

In match 2 and 3 Italy was the best team in the tournament in my opinion. I guess this was one of the reasons Portugal didn't win today. They were outplayed by Italy and didn't wanna meet them again.

I do believe in Bardi, but still I find it abit weird to see him start over Sportiello. Sportiello has been great all season in Serie A, while Bardi has spent most season on bench.
    (Bardi did really well today though)

Fav. Player
    Vitor BaŪa

Portugal

Forum Supporter
    Yeah, the extra time was pretty much a complete joke on both sides.

I think they should give refs some sort of power to prevent things like this, such as call the coaches and tell them that if both teams refuse to play they would lose the points of the match.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Anyone notice how four Inter players were in Italy's line up and how none of them will probably ever play for us. I'm not crazy about having Italian bias, but come on is it possible that one of the most successful youth teams in the past 10 years can't bring up a player to its senior team?

I'm tired of seeing our talent blossom elsewhere.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

16. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Miranda

England

Shitty that that happened. I'm half English & half Italian, both teams finish bottom 2 in the group just like at WC 2014, what a joke.
    "I didnít want to upset or disrespect the Lazio fans, but I had to do it for Lotito. It was the saddest backflip of my career."

-Hernanes

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Anyone notice how four Inter players were in Italy's line up and how none of them will probably ever play for us. I'm not crazy about having Italian bias, but come on is it possible that one of the most successful youth teams in the past 10 years can't bring up a player to its senior team?

I'm tired of seeing our talent blossom elsewhere.
    Yeah it's actually kind of sad. Today when I was watching them sing the national anthem and they were panning past the faces of Italy players I just looked and thought, man all these players are basically on equal footing right now. The 4 best players have arguably been two players owned by Juventus and two players owned by Inter, but their careers will no doubt be so much different. You can already tell by the way the media rates them. Rugani and Berardi are looked at as the future of Italy while Benassi and Crisiteg will probably struggle for game time somewhere.

19. Thanks (2): morrisama, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

So Tavecchio said that Di Biagio's future as manager will be up to Conte...
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

United States

"Pick more Juve players and keep your job" - Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Argentina

We need Berardi

23. Thanks (1): Kakaroto