Thread: Formation and tactics discussion

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF

Formation and tactics discussion

Often we talk about formation, what we want to play and what Inter plays.. Also the other teams..

IMO, formation and tactics are totally different things. On paper, it can be written as 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3... But on the pitch, to be more or less the same. IMO, it's the players ROLES given what define the tactics, not the formation we play on paper...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Here's where NB will spit all his shit-talk about formations. :disgustedyao:
    Sudaca Power.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Im gonna delete..

Seriously tho, im really curious to see what you guys think, what formation, tactics, what players would suit for it... We've talked a lot about it, but all in different threads.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Neon vs n4l vs ninuk vs rockball.. /thread.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post

IMO, formation and tactics are totally different things. On paper, it can be written as 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3... But on the pitch, to be more or less the same. IMO, it's the players ROLES given what define the tactics, not the formation we play on paper...
    spot on. so I dont think it even warrants a discussion

United States

well, Imma hipster because I use 4-2-3-1 on FIFA before it was cool

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Often we talk about formation, what we want to play and what Inter plays.. Also the other teams..

Formation is a representation as to the average position the player would be in, given his role in a team.

It's more or less a generalized simplification of the shape of the team.

If there's a discussion, then it has to be discussed in more detail than just labelling players in a position that kind of useless shit, like in the other threads.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Formations & tactics ?!

It's easy, just get the ball to Sneij... wait a minute
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    If there's a discussion, then it has to be discussed in more detail than just labelling players in a position that kind of useless shit, like in the other threads.
    The point of the thread

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Formations and tactics are different things but are much related to each other. Many times you can't draw a thick line between the two.

A formation is a broad term which usually defines how a team plays and the role of each player. Every team has a general default formation, or some have two but it defines the way a team plays over a period of time. It also underlines how the team generally attacks and defends. Tactics are more dynamic and would vary based on each match and opposition.

For Inter the formation is 352 right now. This defines a certain way of playing which involves wingbacks to push ahead, have 2 midfielders in defensive positions, have a more attack minded midfielder who drives the team forward but has a lot of defensive work too.
    Now when we play Catania for example, there is a thread on the left flank in Gomez. Accordingly the coach used Obi who is left footed instead of Jonathan or Nagatomo to counter the threat. The formation remained the same, but the role of one player was accordingly changed to sit back more rather than venture forward.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

11. Thanks (1): Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Related, sure, but as you said, the players roles define the tactics.

For example, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 with Guaro in the hole would be pretty much equal, knowing his style and position, as well as the probably roles given to the wings (palacio, Cassano). Cassano doesn't have the workrate to be defensive winger/forward, but Palacio does. So no matter if we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, it will be pretty much the same. Guaro will be the advanced CM, mainly attacking but helping the defense in both, Paulinho if he comes as box to box, and Cambi to do the defending.

Handa
    Naga-Rano-Juan-Pereira
    Paulinho-Guarin-Cambi
    Palacio-Milito-Cassano

is equal to

Handa
    Naga-Rano-Juan-Pereira
    Paulinho-Cambi
    Palacio-Guarin-Cassano
    Milito.

with slight differences.. Same can be said for 4-3-2-1, with Palacio and Cassano behind Milito.

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    That's right to an extent. We need to look at formations after a match rather than before it. Get the formation based on average position of the players through the 90 minutes.
    IO SONO INTERISTA