Thread: Opinions on Inter vs Juve

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Opinions on Inter vs Juve

No not the match.
    I was discussing this with a mate of mine, and we both found this interesting.
    Say, at the end of the season...Milan win the Serie A, Juventus finish second, Inter third...and to go with that we win the Coppa Italia.
    Who would've had the better season, Inter or Juventus?
    Note, Juve challenged for the Serie A up until the last few weeks (presumably that's what it will go down to) whilst Inter finished third about 15 points behind Milan.

Thoughts?

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I would say Juventus had a better season. They didn't win anything, but at least they were chasing for the scudetto, and were closer to it compared to us. Winning the Coppa Italia is not a very big deal now, considering there are only Roma, Sampdoria and Cagliari (I think) that are still in the competition.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Definitely Inter. A trophy is always a trophy, especially that a cup is a thing Inter have been lacking for a few years. If we win Coppa Italia, then I'll say this season was satisfying. On the contrary, 2001/2002 or 2002/2003 was not. Even though we were fighting for scudetto till early May/mid-April, we were given a shit.
    Fanatici Dalla Polonia!

We'll come in second and win the Coppa Italia. Juve will collapse now.
    Meglio sconfitti che milanisti

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If that scenario happens we are definately better off then Juve. We won something and they didnt simple as that. No one will remember who came in second or third or the point difference in a couple of years.They will remember who won the scudetto and Coppa and CL...Unless something big and memorable happens...

Look at it this way,what did we gain from losing the scudetto on the last day...What people still remmeber is that its been a drought for us since 89.

In fact that loss on the last day might have affected us more psychologically than if we didnt challenge at all and came in third like this year..

Now we have to climb a mountain of rival teams and the psychological whole we dug ourselves into...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i would rather analyze Inter Vs Milan

Lets say juve(hopefully) win the Serie A.
    and Chelsea beats Milan in the final.

milan trophies = 0.

and if by some miracle we dont stuff up coppa italia, and we win it. we would of had the edge over them in a season where their results truly domiated us.

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    i would rather analyze Inter Vs Milan

Lets say juve(hopefully) win the Serie A.
    and Chelsea beats Milan in the final.

milan trophies = 0.

and if by some miracle we dont stuff up coppa italia, and we win it. we would of had the edge over them in a season where their results truly domiated us.
    Well I think that Juve had the better season in general compared to us.
    Remember last season Juve's defence was pure crap, and noted for let in easy goals.
    Capello did a fantastic job in Juve. He created a good team with a few transfers. He changed Juve from a old sacky team, into a formiddable foe. Of course the refs are with them, but still.
    However Helal made a good point. If we end up winning the Coppa Italia and Juve the scudetto and Milan loses in the CL, my season has something positive.
    Ich bin muede.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If I remember correctly, Juve won the scudetto 27 times and Milan 17. So if any of them win it again this year, they are close to getting one more star on their shirt

Which one do you guys prefer? Juve with 3 stars or Milan with 2 stars?

Quote Originally Posted by darsez
    If I remember correctly, Juve won the scudetto 27 times and Milan 17. So if any of them win it again this year, they are close to getting one more star on their shirt

Which one do you guys prefer? Juve with 3 stars or Milan with 2 stars?
    Rather Juve with 3 stars! Bilan
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

I rather see Inter win a Scuttedo and the Champions League.
    But hey before that happens we will see Juve and Milan each with another star on their shirts, and pigs fly. :cry2:
    Ich bin muede.