Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Plans

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Summer Transfer Plans

Feeling prolific today, hope you dont mind

I'd like to talk a bit today about our summer transfer plans. I'm going to try and take realistic valuations for the players, and assume a minimal transfer budget.

The first step of course will be player sales. To have any sort of spending power, we need to look at offloading a few people...

I believe, personally, the sale of the following is imperative:

1 - Diego Milito. At 8m a season, he does not represent value for money anymore in his return rate. A release to Racing or an Argentinian club would be an honourable way to let the man go after his last three years of great service at Inter. Annual affect = +8m/season

2 - Rocchi. Needs to go, simple as. Annual affect = +3.2m/season (800k for half season, double for tax, double for full season)

3 - Walter Gargano. Not good enough. Annual affect = +4m/season

4 - Esteban Cambiasso. I love him and his service, but he needs to reduce his wages to stay. I expect this will take him to about 2m/season, or 4m/season with tax. I will not assume his sale/release. Annual affect = +4m/season

5 - Dejan Stankovic. Clearly not worth the money anymore. Wouldnt keep him for free, tbh. Annual affect = +7m/season

6 - Gaby Mudingayi. Not worth it. Annual affect = +3m/season

7 - Ricardo Alvarez. Sadly a nothing player with too many injuries. Sell for 6m, annual affect = +3.5m/season

8 - Jonathan. How he';s still here we will never know. Sell for 2m, annual affect = + 2m/season

9 - Christian Chivu. Too much for what he will be - as one of the top earners. Release, annual affect = +4.5m/season

10 - Walter Samuel. I love him, but it looks like we are set to release him in the summer. Annual affect = +4m/season

11 - Matias Silvestre. Not good enough. We will not make any money from him, but wage savings equate to about +4m/season
    Net: Transfer money in = +8m
    Wage savings: +47.2m

Incoming transfers:

1 - We need to sign at least one good striker. I have nothing against Icardi or Ferreyra. Lets say a transfer fee of 8m, with salary of 2m/season.

2 - We will clearly need a new CM. If we assume a Paulinho-or-similar player will arrive in January, then we can assume we sign something like Obiang + Bellomo = fee ~7m, wage = 2.5m/season

3 - Assuming we will get Andreolli (0, 1.5m/season), we still need another centre-back. Return Caldirola from loan would be good enough for me, = -1m/season

4 - A trequartista would be nice. Someone quite a big name, who is hard to say, but lets just throw with Eriksen for now, you can replace that with whoever you want. Fee = -15m, wages = 3m/season. Quintero would be a good shout too.

5 - A back up striker. We can assume either Longo or Livaja can fill this role.

This gives us a squad of ~25 players. Net transfer fees = 30m, wages = 10m/season

Net summer activity:

Wage savings : +37.2m/season, Transfer Fee : -22m (assuming 4 year contracts for everyone, this is actually much much less)

This also means a substantial budget for investing in young players that we are following, for example Lichnovsky, Lazaro, Huerta, the other guy at the same club, Peruzzi, Correra..
    Last edited by .h.; 28 Jan 13 at 11:35.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

to soon

3. Thanks (2): .h., JJM

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    Can you also write something regarding the topic "Fuck Moratti/Branca"?

I wanna broaden my horizon in that specific field tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

5. Thanks (2): nurko, The Wall

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I agree with most of your transfers out. A couple of changes.

1. Zanetti - I would add a salary reduction for Zanetti (isn't his contract getting over this season anyways?). I think this is already in progress, and would save us 1-1.5m a year.

2. Alvarez - I wouldn't sell him for 6m. I think he can still be a great player for Inter. If Strama does not see that happening at Inter, I would loan him out to Velez or in Spain, with a release clause of at least 10m. Within a season of playing regularly, he will be worth that much.

3. Chivu - I would keep him. We cannot change too many players, and with Samuel and Silvestre leaving, we will need some experience in our defense. He is not the best, but he is good insurance to have in the squad. His wages are so high that if Inter want to let him go, it will most definitely include a "golden handshake", which would impact the real savings anyways.

For the players coming in, I think a bit differently than you. We don't need to go "wholesale youth", we will need a few established players as well. My estimate is that Inter will spend approx 60-70m in transfers this year, from all those wage savings, and maybe a bit more if we make the CL.

1. Striker - To replace Milito, we need a top starting striker. I am sorry, we cannot put our hopes on an Icardi to be our main starting striker. Not yet. We should spend 12-15m looking for a decent option here, someone who can hit the ground running. I wish we had gone after Demba Ba, thats a missed opportunity. Maybe Osvaldo. Or someone of that level. 15m budget.

2. Paulinho, seems like we are keen on him, and we need to strengthen our midfield. 18m budget.

3. Regista/CM: We will need 1-2 more players here, I like your suggestion of Bellomo + Obiang. Or perhaps Cigarini, love what he is doing at Atalanta. 7m budget.

4. Defenders. If we keep Chivu, we still need 1 decent CB. Andreolli does not cut it for me. This is another area we should spend big. I like Ogbonna, he will cost 15m but has the potential to form a great long term partnership with Juan & Ranocchia. Abnd we should get Caldirola back, we will need backups for the amount of injuries we suffer. 15m budget.

5. Trequartista. It depends on whether Strama see's a future for such a role at Inter. But it will be good to invest in a young trequartista for the future. Quintero sounds good, there are so many cheaper young options in South America. 5m budget.

6. Zanetti replacement. We have to think about this seriously now. Il Capitano cannot play forever. Jung sounds interesting, Inter should perhaps spend big here. 10m budget.

Thats a transfer spend of 70m, which should equate to an amortised hit of about 14-17m a year. But we need it, and from what I can see of wage cuts, we can actually afford it this summer.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 28 Jan 13 at 13:08.

7. Thanks (1): Devious

Old name
    browha

Europe

yes, sorry I missed out on Zanetti.

Alvarez is 25, it's not time for him to develop, its time for him to deliver.

I dont want Chivu to stay unless he reduces his wages to like 1m-2m/ season.

Osvaldo is a definite pass. I'm happy for suggestions here, but no one really came to mind. I assumed Paulinho would be arriving in my calculations above, already. Andreolli is someone I am assuming will arrive, but I'm not so keen on myself. If we stick to 3 CBs, which I'm hoping we dont, then I agree, we need someone like Ogbonna.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post

lol

If I wrote something on that, Handoyo would have to upgrade the website storage tbh.

9. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

this made me cry ..
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Samuel, Zanetti

Croatia

If Milito is out get a big name striker. It costs money and huge wages but you can't win games without scoring.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

44 Forum Supporter
    this would be great tbh, unfortunately our management will probably do near the opposite
    Quote Originally Posted by minterke View Post
    If you're an Interista, Mourinho > Jesus tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Prisco
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenico Gramazio
    "They are all thieves!"

13. Thanks (1): Cal

Fav. Player
    #4, Recoba, Eto

England

this is very disheartening, because pretty much everything you said is logical and reasonable... yet the chances of most of these things happening is next to zero.

anything happening to cuchu, chivu or deki seems next to impossible to me, even though they should be our first priority. though cuchu shouldn't really be compared to them imo. his wage is more justified

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post

I will only answer that in the presence of a lawyer...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Albania

We'll never offload so many players in one transfer window . It'll take a decade
    TI TE DOMINET MILAN

Fav. Player
    Cham-paggin?

Estonia

I don't know about that, we are pretty good at offloading players tbh...
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by E.J. '92 View Post
    I don't know about that, we are pretty good at offloading offensive players tbh...
    Fixed
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by E.J. '92 View Post
    I don't know about that, we are pretty good at offloading offensive players at shocking low prices tbh...
    Fixed even better

20. Thanks (2): Devious, Uncommon

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

Branca, please read browha's transfer plans!!!! (I just confused with net vs gross wages for a few players).

I would keep Samuel if he takes another pay cut (he is often injured but plays well when he is fit) and add Campagnaro for free (1,5m net wages).
    Io non rubo il campionato, ed in Serie B sono mai stato.

Read my blog about wine (in Portuguese)

Old name
    browha

Europe

I agree, I dont know why we're considering releasing Samuel. I would rather him than Andreolli, to be honest.

Halve his wages again, and he can stay on a 1 year rolling contract, tbh.

23. Thanks (2): Caecuban, Ffi201zi002tlis

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

Exactly, every player we sign seem to get at least 1m net anyway.

Juan, Rano, Campagnaro, Samuel, Andreolli, Caldirola. Seems enough.

Old name
    browha

Europe

tbh i really dont know why we're signing campagnaro
    he's gonna be 33 when he comes here, is he really what we need? as a rotation player i could accept, but we're talking about building the inter back line for the next 5-10 years, i'd rather we signed two good young CBs and let one of them fill in as the first teamer.

26. Thanks (2): Ffi201zi002tlis, nurko

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    tbh i really dont know why we're signing campagnaro
    he's gonna be 33 when he comes here, is he really what we need? as a rotation player i could accept, but we're talking about building the inter back line for the next 5-10 years, i'd rather we signed two good young CBs and let one of them fill in as the first teamer.
    We need him if we continue with 3 CBs. Samuel is fit half of the time and I don't want to see Andreolli or Caldirola against Napoli or Juventus...

And yeah, I'd also rather have a good young CB, but that seems unlikely. Campagnaro, Andreolli and Caldirola will all be free transfers... I hope they spend the money on a good CF tho.

Old name
    browha

Europe

but why campagnaro? why dont we sign two good young CBs and see if one of them does a JJ, or sign someone like Ogbonna.. That gives us 3 international class defenders for at least 5-7 years... and the cost of ogbonna (say 15m) over 5 years is nothing...