View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

55 15.03%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

91 24.86%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

144 39.34%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

53 14.48%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

6 1.64%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

5 1.37%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 0.27%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.27%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

1 0.27%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 2.46%
Page 527 of 536 FirstFirst ... 27427477517524525526527528529530 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 10709

Thread: Mateo Kovačić

Serbia

2. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Some nice stuff here. I dont belong to a group that argues that he just has to return to us but in fairness this video shows mainly one skill no one in our midfield currently has which is movement with the ball. So maybe theres something to it...

4. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, dax21

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Movement with the ball and then going for a through pass ..yeah, only brozo is capable of that and granted, kova was better at it
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Movement with the ball and then going for a through pass ..yeah, only brozo is capable of that and granted, kova was better at it
    Actually, they were and are both are average at delivering that "through ball".

The only game Kova gave some clever assists and impressed was IIRC a Lazio game and every time Brozovic is deployed as AM he's overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong they can pass the ball impressively from time to time but they are no Guti.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    This kid has not developed at all, in fact watching him at Chelsea it seems like he has regressed. Its sad, he had so much potential.

That 35m is looking real good now. Thank you Rafa!

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    This kid has not developed at all, in fact watching him at Chelsea it seems like he has regressed. Its sad, he had so much potential.

We paid 40m for Kongdogbia right after.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post

I think he is played out of position. I think that Jorginho spot is for him. He's in too advanced position now. His best traits at least at Inter were his passing and dribbling with the ball facing opponent.

10. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I think he is played out of position. I think that Jorginho spot is for him. He's in too advanced position now. His best traits at least at Inter were his passing and dribbling with the ball facing opponent.
    Lol we were saying the same excuse for him 5 years ago

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    He was played in the right position at Inter?

United States

I remember being on another forum when he was still at Inter. I thought he was good but not exceptional, and I said as much. Then someone wrote back something like "Give him time, he's only 18". He was actually 19 at the time, but as it turns out it soon became a standing joke - after he turned 20 without showing any sign of improvement, people started going "Just wait, he's only 18".

It's been 4 years and I wonder whether Chelsea fans are still waiting for the 18-year old to grow up...

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    i did repeatedly say he was overhyped and actually lacked impact, and everyone disagreed

andthen some people thought he'd be world class because he had limp wrists
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    My opinion is that Kovacic flatters to deceive.

He's very talented technically, but he struggles so hard to translate that into impact. If you actually look at REAL IMPACT, there were *VERY* few games at Inter where he did that.

People always talk about his vision, but I found at Inter he's often passing the ball to where he'd *like his team mates to be*, not where they ARE. That's just optimism, not vision.

He could be a very very good player one day, but at the moment, he's a guy who has all the technical stuff down but very little of the actual impact.

15. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, varmin

United States

Kovacic’s issue was playing time. Never got enough during his primary growing years. Now he is in his mid 20s and people expect a finished product

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Kovacic’s issue was playing time. Never got enough during his primary growing years. Now he is in his mid 20s and people expect a finished product
    Exactly. During the most important formative years of his early twenties he was sitting on the bench at Madrid. Dude boned himself by picking Madrid instead of a club where would play 90 minutes per game, 30+ games per season. That should be the goal for any young player.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

People just nitpick every little detail, and he doesn't score a lot of goals like Pogba to be showered with media praise. Let him establish himself as a regular for 1-2 years, and then make a judgement. Football is a team sport.

Look at Coutinho who was supposedly a Messiah. He went from flop -> amazing talent -> flop again at Barca. In reality at his worst he wasn't/isn't as bad as people made him out to be, and at his best he often times benefited from being made the center of attention.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Valid excuse. Regista is a difficult position to play in. And he's rarely played there. He needs minutes in his preferred role and coaches trust and he will excel. It's that simple.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    He was played in the right position at Inter?
    No that he isn't in the right position. Honestly at this stage just don't know if there is a roght position for him. He's got a very limited set of skills for a midfielder

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Still a tricky player to assess. Sarri has him in this type of hamsik role but he doesn't have the skills. Kovacic can win a ball, look to spread it, cut up 3 players, and get the team up field. But, if he's the guy who is supposed to finish an attack, the ball will end up with the defender. He'd be great in a proper counter-attacking team. With neither Chelsea or madrid seeming interested, we might be able to get him for a decent price.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

24. Thanks (1): Dylan

Syria

10 years of FIF
    my heart.

26. Thanks (2): GenDire, Universe

Syria

10 years of FIF
    my heart.

This guy will come good.... as a deep lying playmaker. Those guys only get better with age. David Pizarro and Pirlo were both stuffed around early in their 20's.

They aged like fine wine.

He will come back to us in 2 years to play deep with some young machine.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Playing as a DLP vs Malmo.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.