View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

55 15.03%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

91 24.86%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

144 39.34%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

53 14.48%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

6 1.64%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

5 1.37%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 0.27%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.27%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

1 0.27%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 2.46%
Page 518 of 519 FirstFirst ... 18418468508515516517518519 LastLast
Results 10,341 to 10,360 of 10364

Thread: Mateo Kovačić

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti

Indonesia

Only at FIF when 24 years old player is considered to be too late

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, chipschups, danz

Lebanon

ITs not his fault inter managment (mancini) decided to cash him to madrid what he was doing at inter is far more bigger what is isco doing at RM right now . He should leave asap

Vietnam

If we replace any of our starting mf with Kovacic, it can only be Brozovic. He can't play DM (Gags/Dembele?) or AM (Ninja). We can't have both Kovacic and Brozovic while we don't have money to reinforce DM. Kova is good enough for us, even before he went to RM. But it's not easy to get Kova. And would it be good for the team spirit if we replace Brozo (who did well in the 2nd half of last season) with Kova? I'm not really sure.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by El Matador View Post
    It's far from too late for Kovacic, even Luka Modric wasn't a world beater at his age. .
    Bullshit.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
    If we replace any of our starting mf with Kovacic, it can only be Brozovic. He can't play DM (Gags/Dembele?) or AM (Ninja). We can't have both Kovacic and Brozovic while we don't have money to reinforce DM. Kova is good enough for us, even before he went to RM. But it's not easy to get Kova. And would it be good for the team spirit if we replace Brozo (who did well in the 2nd half of last season) with Kova? I'm not really sure.
    Even Croatia doesn't play Kovacic ahead of Brozo why should we ?
    Unfortunately he has no place in our starting line up with the way we play now. Actually not really sure what play system fits him as all he does is take the ball , lower the head , run like a headless chicken and in 90% of the cases pass backwards.

He was and still is someone with potential nothing more.

Bulgaria

The problem with Kovacic is his price tag. We cannot afford 40m+ player for rotation. And Kova clearly cannot beat EpicBroz as starter at this moment.

8. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

I'm still unsure what the best position for Kovacic is. I agree that he hasn't shown much improvement from spending 3 years in Madrid. Brozovic has developed more with us in the same period of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El Matador View Post
    It's far from too late for Kovacic, even Luka Modric wasn't a world beater at his age.
    Luka Modric was an integral part of Tottenham when he was at Kovacic age.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Luka Modric was an integral part of Tottenham when he was at Kovacic age.
    Which doesn't really make him stand out that much more. There is quite a good chance Kovacic would be an integral part of one of these teams if he was in EPL. Maybe not Man City, but probably Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    Even Croatia doesn't play Kovacic ahead of Brozo why should we ?
    I don't think you know the type of player he is. He is a creative CM like Modric, Kroos, not a box-to-box like Brozovic, Pogba. Like Casemiro proved, you need balance in midfield.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Lebanon

have we sold him to liverpool instead of RM he would have already be a world beater like coutinho .

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Which doesn't really make him stand out that much more. There is quite a good chance Kovacic would be an integral part of one of these teams if he was in EPL. Maybe not Man City, but probably Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal.
    Which goes back to the initial argument that Kovacic's development has been hindered by joining Real Madrid. Kovacic played more football in a season at Inter than the last 3 seasons with Real Madrid.

Luka Modric was one of the hottest name in EPL when he was 25-26 years old. Kovacic is still a mile behind. The next 2 - 3 years are paramount for Kovacic to breakthrough. Look at Coutinho, Salah, Brozovic, etc. They all bloomed at around 24-26 years old. Kovacic needs to move to where he can play regular football, but at this stage his development is more like Gagliardini than Coutinho / Salah.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

13. Thanks (2): Raul Duke, Universe

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Germany

This is actually my biggest dissapointment with Inter. We don't try or know how to develop players. Icardi and maybe Skrniar and to a lesser extend Brozovic are the exception.

Look at Real, Barca, Bayern. All these big clubs develop players. They pay also a lot of money for young, talented and to an extend unproven players. But if you develop these players you can have them for maybe ten years. In this way you accomplish two things: you don't need to make a big turnaround every 2-3 years and the team is pretty much gel and second one: you can concentrate on one or two players per mercato. And for these players you can pay big money if you don't have holes in your team.
    Chiesa maybe seems expensive at 60m. But if he turn good, we could be covered in this position for ten years and suddently doesn't seems expensive.
    Same with Barella.

But definetely in 2 years we would look for Ninja's replacement. Already 30y old smoking, party animal.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    Actually not really sure what play system fits him as all he does is take the ball , lower the head , run like a headless chicken and in 90% of the cases pass backwards.
    I love me some Mateo, but with all due proportions this is the truth... hyperbolic and a bit unfair, but still the truth.

He needs to play and he's still in time to bloom like others did, but surely I wouldn't use Modric as a touchstone.
    9 years ago Modric was already on another level compared to Kovacic and meant to be "something else", as a player.
    And right now they shouldn't even be in the same sentence (but that comes by itself).

16. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Which goes back to the initial argument that Kovacic's development has been hindered by joining Real Madrid. Kovacic played more football in a season at Inter than the last 3 seasons with Real Madrid.

Luka Modric was one of the hottest name in EPL when he was 25-26 years old. Kovacic is still a mile behind. The next 2 - 3 years are paramount for Kovacic to breakthrough. Look at Coutinho, Salah, Brozovic, etc. They all bloomed at around 24-26 years old. Kovacic needs to move to where he can play regular football, but at this stage his development is more like Gagliardini than Coutinho / Salah.
    Where are you getting these stats from? I checked them and that's not remotely true at all. Even with his injury problems he managed to get almost 1,000 minutes in the league this season. He got 1,600+ in the previous year. That's discounting all the tournaments.

Old name
    the dude

Macedonia

Kova should never be considered a Radja replacement. Kova will never take that next step. He is perfect for a team like Barca back in the days, with prime xavi, iniesta, villa, messi. Other than that he will always be the next big thing, till he hits 30, and everyone sees that potential means shit.

As is, id never take him back. Brozo is much better. Rafinha (if we get him back)is way way way better and these two are almost tje same age as Kova. Gags should watch Bousquets or whatever u spell that cucks name, minus the pussy simulations and he will be rock solid. I wish we had someone who would sit our players and make em watch tapes of X players and try to simulate their game...

Anyway enough off topic, if kova doesnt turn to the dark side as a person, he will never be a great player, as foe world class, that ship sailed.
    Guacamole

19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Pajo

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Jane The Virgin View Post
    Kova should never be considered a Radja replacement. Kova will never take that next step. He is perfect for a team like Barca back in the days, with prime xavi, iniesta, villa, messi. Other than that he will always be the next big thing, till he hits 30, and everyone sees that potential means shit.

As is, id never take him back. Brozo is much better. Rafinha (if we get him back)is way way way better and these two are almost tje same age as Kova. Gags should watch Bousquets or whatever u spell that cucks name, minus the pussy simulations and he will be rock solid. I wish we had someone who would sit our players and make em watch tapes of X players and try to simulate their game...

Anyway enough off topic, if kova doesnt turn to the dark side as a person, he will never be a great player, as foe world class, that ship sailed.
    You made it sound as if Gagliardini needs only to be like Busquets minus simulations to be a good player. All I see in Gagliardini is an unmotivated lazy fuck who never even tried to show anything in year and a half.

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    You made it sound as if Gagliardini needs only to be like Busquets minus simulations to be a good player. All I see in Gagliardini is an unmotivated lazy fuck who never even tried to show anything in year and a half.
    am i using this right?

**I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Where are you getting these stats from? I checked them and that's not remotely true at all. Even with his injury problems he managed to get almost 1,000 minutes in the league this season. He got 1,600+ in the previous year. That's discounting all the tournaments.
    What I meant he played more minutes in his last season with Inter than the last 3 seasons with Real Madrid. He was close to 3000 minutes in his last season with Inter.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

Brozo is keeping out of the starting 11

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

What I meant he played more minutes in his last season with Inter than the last 3 seasons with Real Madrid. He was close to 3000 minutes in his last season with Inter.
    Again, not true. In La Liga alone hes played 3,700 minutes.

In fact, he's played more minutes at Real Madrid than he's ever played at Inter (almost 6,000).

Quote Originally Posted by syrus View Post
    Brozo is keeping out of the starting 11
    For this game the coach made the right decision. If somethings working, don't change it.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Again, not true. In La Liga alone hes played 3,700 minutes.

In fact, he's played more minutes at Real Madrid than he's ever played at Inter (almost 6,000).
    3700 minutes is total of 3 seasons in Madrid.

Kovacic in minutes:

Inter:
    12/13 - 1426 minutes (half a season)
    13/14 - 1788 minutes
    14/15 - 2944 minutes
    Total 6148 minutes

Real Madrid:
    15/16 - 1414 minutes
    16/17 - 2154 minutes
    17/18 - 1823 minutes
    Total 5391 minutes

He played nearly 760 minutes less in Madrid, that is more than 8 full matches. At Inter, he played for 2 and half seasons compared to 3 full seasons in Madrid. In his last season with Inter, he reached 2944 minutes which is significantly higher than any of the seasons he played in Madrid.

If you still think it's wrong, go to transfermarkt and check out yourself.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

FAK GOBBY

26. Thanks (1): Pajo