View Poll Results: Grade the January 2013 Mercato

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Shitty. Bad move after bad move, we actually managed to become weaker.

5 6.41%
  • 2 - Not good. Didn't really address our needs, didn't get good value for our money.

9 11.54%
  • 3 - OK. Some smart moves, some questionable ones. Could have been better, overall an improvement

50 64.10%
  • 4 - Good. Smart purchases, smart sales, improved the team. Did what we set out to do.

13 16.67%
  • 5 - Faptastic. Couldn't have gone better, made all the right moves. Improved short and long term.

1 1.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Mercato Evaluation Thread

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Costa Rica

January 2013 Mercato Evaluation Thread

Well the mercato is over. We laughed, we cried, and now, as we've done with the past couple mercatos, we'll vote.

This thread will be strictly for evaluating the 2013/2013 winter mercato, as opposed to re-using another thread. This way we can keep the poll results around and then look back and make fun of people for how they voted.

For a full list of transfers and approx. fees below...

IN

1) Mateo Kovacic (midfielder, 18 years old): permanent deal from Dinamo Zagreb; 11mil plus bonuses
    2) Zdravko Kuzmanovic (midfielder, 25 years old): permanent deal from Stuttgart; 1.2mil
    3) Ezequiel Schelotto (midfielder, 23 years old): permanent deal from Atalanta; 3.5mil + co-ownership of Livaja
    4) Juan Pablo Carrizo (goalkeeper, 28 years old): on loan from Lazio; 250k
    5) Tommaso Rocchi (forward, 35 years old): permanent deal from Lazio; 300k

OUT

1) Alfred Duncan (midfielder, 19 years old): on loan to Livorno with co-ownership option;
    2) Matteo Bianchetti (defender, 19 years old): on loan to Hellas Verona with co-ownership option;
    3) MacDonald Mariga (midfielder, 25 years old): on loan to Parma with co-ownership option;
    4) Marko Livaja (forward, 19 years old): co-ownership deal to Atalanta; Part of Schelotto deal
    5) Philippe Coutinho (forward, 20 years old): permanent deal to Liverpool; 10mil plus bonuses
    6) Wesley Sneijder (midfielder, 28 years old): permanent deal to Galatasaray; 7.5mil plus bonuses
    7) Lorenzo Crisetig (midfielder, 20 years old): on loan from Spezia to Crotone;
    8) Daniel Bessa (forward, 20 years old): on loan to Vicenza with co-ownership option;
    9) Andrea Romaṇ (midfielder, 19 years old): on loan to Prato.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Coutinhos was actually 12.5 according to Rogers and fcinternews.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

Ok on the strength of Kovacic's signing which I understand might not have effect right away but I've been craving for such a talent to come to Inter so I have to give them credit where its due.
    Platano Power
    SIGN TIMO WERNER

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Canada

I voted for shite!

Spent approximately as much as what came into the coffers. Picked up two fringe players that weren't playing for respective clubs. Sold a world class player (after management mishandled his situation) at a cut rate price. Only good thing is that we sold a promising player that had trouble staying on the pitch at a for a nice fee. Only to turnaround and buy another young prospect which we don't know will fit in with the squad.

And we got cock-blocked for Paulinho and were made to look like bitches. Same goes for the Belhanda fiasco we got drawn into.

Ultimately the team did not improve in anyway to help any which way to win anything this season.
    Io non rubo il campionato ed in serie B non son mai stato.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

We had the mental capacity to keep Jonathan, Stanković and Chivu. I say this window was a success
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio, Pupi

Mexico

by accident I gave it a 4 instead of 3

Anyway it's difficult to say cause I don't know the new players, but being optimistic I think our right flank is improved with Schelotto and at the same time Livaja will get more minutes. If Kuzmanovic is an improvement over Gargano or Zanetti in midfield, and Kovacic is for real better than Coutinho, then well done

And there's also Laxalt, who I don't know anything about, but seems to be a promising player. All this while we also got rid of Sneijder's salary. Seems good to me but will depend if the players flop or not.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    I put down three, but was close to putting a two because I don't think we've improved in any significant way. If it turns out that Kovacic is actually an AM and can't play CM and dictate the tempo its definitely a 2 imo. Might post in more detail later if I can be fucked, and if I'm not too fucked.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

44 Forum Supporter
    i was split between 2 + 3

i dont really see the point in selling cou to buy another player who won't help us get CL

we basically needed money so we took it out of one talented young player who needed minutes and used the money on another talented even younger player who is going to need minutes.

nothing against kovacic though and i hope he is all he is said to be.

think we weakened the attack both in the present and the future by getting rocchi and selling half of livaja while we dont have him to play until this season. rocchi is null/void/nothing/zero, complete deadweight and a completely pointless transfer. nothing against him personally but he shouldn't be here

Schelotto and Kuzmanovic could be good or bad but i seriously doubt they will improve us enough to make CL.

we spent most of the meracto chasing a hyped up brazilian guy who didnt want to come here and his club didnt want to sell him.

we are still going to be playing that awful 352 with 8 defensive players. odds are agaisnt us getting CL next year as no problems have really been fixed but then at least we have Wes's wages off the books and signed a heap of players less than 30!

lastly a lot of young players will hopfully get some playing time now that they are on loan

Overall - could have been a lot worse, could have been a lot better. the positives from the mercato don't help our current situation on the pitch
    Quote Originally Posted by minterke View Post
    If you're an Interista, Mourinho > Jesus tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Prisco
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenico Gramazio
    "They are all thieves!"

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    IN:
    Schelloto will be a starter I believe as a RM... so no more Jonathan there and that is a plus
    Kuzmanovic could also potentially play an important role in the MF because the current MF is very much meh...
    Kovacic: A 18 year old talent with huge potential and a big burden to bear.Hope he lives up to it
    Carizzo:vice-Handa... better than Belec I guess
    Rocchi:vice-vice Milito

Out:
    Cou: Didn't want to see him leave obviously but this is football. He could have replaced Cassano in time but a decent offer came for him and now he is gone.
    Wes:Had to go .His wages were to enormous for his injury history and the guy had little motivation to stay here but the way they handled it was just
    Livaja:Needs more minutes at a smaller club with not as big a pressure as here
    Mariga:Tnx God he left
    Duncan,Bessa,Romano,Crisetig,Bianchetti:need experience at a lower level than Inter because you just can't make a leap of quality and go from Primavera to the senior squad and play

We've replaced a 20 year old talent(Cou) with a 18 year old talent(Kova) =we are level here
    Schelloto will be a starter so no more Johan= is a +
    Kuzma helping out at CM MF beside JZ-Gargano-Cuchu-Benassi= +
    Carizzo is better than Belec and Caste is out = +
    Rocchi= -
    Livaja who will get more experience in a smaller A team= +
    Making Wes leave the way he did for 10m€ including bonuses = -
    Leting Cou leave so easily =-
    Mariga not here= +
    shipping out the kids for minutes= +

I have made 6 pluses and 3 minuses aaand 6-3=3
    Thus making the rating 3 my vote
    Last edited by JJM; 01 Feb 13 at 01:29.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio, Pupi

Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    IN:
    Schelloto will be a starter I believe as a RM... so no more Jonathan there and that is a plus
    Kuzmanovic could also potentially play an important role in the MF because the current MF is very much meh...
    Kovacic: A 18 year old talent with huge potential and a big burden to bear.Hope he lives up to it
    Carizzo:vice-Handa... better than Belec I guess
    Rocchi:vice-vice Milito

Out:
    Cou: Didn't want to see him leave obviously but this is football. He could have replaced Cassano in time but a decent offer came for him and now he is gone.
    Wes:Had to go .His wages were to enormous for his injury history and the guy had little motivation to stay here but the way they handled it was just
    Livaja:Needs more minutes at a smaller club with not as big a pressure as here
    Mariga:Tnx God he left
    Duncan,Bessa,Romano,Crisetig,Bianchetti:need experience at a lower level than Inter because you just can't make a leap of quality and go from Primavera to the senior squad and play

We've replaced a 20 year old talent(Cou) with a 18 year old talent(Kova) =we are level here
    Schelloto will be a starter so no more Johan= is a +
    Kuzma helping out at CM MF beside JZ-Gargano-Cuchu-Benassi= +
    Carizzo is better than Belec and Caste is out = +
    Rocchi= -
    Livaja who will get more experience in a smaller A team= +
    Making Wes leave the way he did for 10m€ including bonuses = -
    Leting Cou leave so easily =-
    Selling Mariga= +
    shipping out the kids for minutes= +

I have made 6 pluses and 3 minuses aaand 6-3=3
    Thus making the rating 3 my vote
    Mariga is on loan, not sold .... so 6-4=2

11. Thanks (1): dee_jay

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Divin Codino View Post
    Mariga is on loan, not sold .... so 6-4=2
    loan or sold=not here... so it is a +

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

3/5

If Longo in, Andreolli in and Jonathan out it would've been 4,5 / 5 but nevertheless we've improved quite a bit our squad.

Sneijder + Coutinho + Mariga have barely played.
    Io non rubo il campionato, ed in Serie B sono mai stato.

Read my blog about wine (in Portuguese)

14. Thanks (1): pier

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter
    I thought Coutinho for €13mil was a great deal for us. Liverpool payed too much for an injury prone, inconsistent youngster who's never fully looked convincing with his on and off the ball decision making. I didn't want him sold and was curious to see what he would become but what they offered couldn't be refused

16. Thanks (2): Ffi201zi002tlis, I4E

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

I give it a 3. We haven't made the team better. We got a bunch of subs. We did lower the wage bill by getting rid of Sneijder but kept 3 expensive injury prone players who don't really play. We also didn't buy a striker and sold our only other CF for a player who isn't going to fing play because we have Zanetti !!!!

I don't know about you but that is a failure. As for the Cou thing.... dude really hasn't done shit this season or last season and we sold him for 12 million euro. Not a bad sale at all.

This 18 year old kid would be great if we had a team where he wasn't needed right away and um we actually had a striker that he could pass the ball to. We didn't really make our team better at all and didn't get rid of the dead weight. We also obssessed with another random ass Brazilian who rejected us again !!!

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Coutinho and Sneijder sale were good, thought their price could have been higher, but I think they were about right.

Kovacic is a gamble, but it's good that we're spending on youth for once. Kuzmanovic was also a fairly good acquisition, considering the price.

And Rocchi was the top of the crop, totally made my day.
    Wallace

19. Thanks (1): Darren

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I gave it 4 though it may be a bit of a reach. Getting this kid Kovacic just got me so excited. We improved the squad and even Schelotto acquisition doesn't feel so bad anymore. To me we included a bit too much cash into that deal. Kuzmanovic was a low cost rotation signing (could be even more).

21. Thanks (1): Caecuban

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones
    Beppe Bergomi's column for GdS:

"I would say that, on paper, Inter had a good transfer market: now it remains to be seen if they have the courage to put it into practice by giving trust to the new players. I refer mainly to Kovavic who is a great talent which I like. I saw him play and he reminded me of Prosinecki or, at times, the same Boban. Kuzmanovic is also a good signing: he costs a little, already knows the Italian league and the Inter midfield needed physical strength and dynamism. They are the two midfielders that can fit in immediate at Inter. Same goes with Schelotto. He is a player that I know every well because I always follow him at Atalanta where I saw him do remarkable things. He runs a lot and running on the wing of Inter is needed. In attack, if anything, a little more could have been done especially after the transfer of Livaja. Rocchi is fine but we must hope that Milito is always well because he is too important for Inter. The signing of Carrizo is just to dab the hole at the goalkeeping position and I don't think he will affect the league. In short, Inter did have a good transfer window like they did in the summer by spending a lot of players who are ready to win immediately. This time, Inter reinvested the Sneijder and Coutinho money on a very young player, one that was born in 1994 but has already played in the Champions League and won leagues and cups. The figure is huge but the value is undisputed although Kovacic will first compete in our league. But if you are looking at quality players, then I repeat, the money is well spent. As Moratti said, Inter can now fight to win: it certainly has all the cards needed to improve its current table ranking."

- - - Updated - - -

EUPHORIA MORATTI

“He (Kovacic) is special. Now we can fight for first place.”
    Kovacic: “I am living a dream, I want the Scudetto.”
    Kuzmanovic: “I am already ready.”
    Schelotto: “I am at the best club.”

Milan – “We have got the players that we thought to be useful to our game. I especially like the signing of Kovacic, a special player. Talented and young, ideal for Inter. I met him and he told me that he is ready to play. He will give us pleasure to see something that we have not seen before. Also, we needed a player on the wing and Schelotto is ideal. Kuzmanovic brings experience. We are very satisfied. Are these signings for the third spot? For the first of course…” The laughter with which Moratti ended his transfer market discussion confirms that these are the right signings.

Dream of Kovacic Of all three signings in Schelotto, Kuzmanovic and Kovacic, the Croatian is the only player that has not arrived at Appiano Gentile. The blitz on Wednesday in Zagreb by Giuseppe Bozzo allowed Inter to burn big competition around Europe (Manchester United were the biggest threat). The player was in training camp with his former team in Bosnia and had to drive 400 kilometers to take an airplane to Milan. That is why yesterday he was only at San Matteo in Pavia to do his medical and then signed the contract until 2017. Today Kovacic should have his first training session and it is probable that he will take the number 10 shirt one that was left behind by Sneijder. Official presentation is scheduled for early next week. “It is a dream come true. I will do everything to make the fans of Inter happy. This team is full of champions and I really like Cassano and Guarin. I want to win the league and I like to play as a midfielder” are his first words as an Inter player. It is difficult for Mateo Kovacic to play against Siena this Sunday due to some transfer documents couldn’t arrive on time.

Two “Italians” Ezequiel Schelotto will be presented tomorrow together with Kuzmanovic. “I want to first thank the management and the fans of Atalanta – said the midfielder to Inter Channel -. But now I am very happy to be at Inter, the biggest club in the world. I know a few teammates because we have played together. I was in in Argentina and here there are many players from my country.” Il Galgo will inherit the shirt number someone who has just left the club: the number 7 of Coutinho. Zdravko Kuzmanovic is a candidate for the number 17 just vacated by Mariga. “I am delighted to have arrived in a big team like Inter and to be back in Italy – said the Serbian to Inter Channel -. I still remember a little Italian because I was at Florence and at Stuttgart, there was Molinaro. I cannot wait to be on the field.”

23. Thanks (3): A.l.i, b4h4mooth, Bzzlightyear

Fav. Player
    Handanović

Israel

2, close to 3. Thank to Kova, otherwise I would have ticked 1.
    The way we dealt with Wes was awful, and I think we got to little money for him. But surely that's what happens when you're so desperate to get rid of a player.
    Cou sale wasn't good either in my eyes, 13mil is too little for a player that meant to be the future of the club. Ok, maybe not, but what does that tell about Kova and other players? when you don't show any faith in youngsters I highily doubt they can success.

Now Rocchi and Livaja, just awful. First of all, Livaja was better than Rocchi in the little time they got to play, way better. Rocchi is 35 years old and will probably warm the bench, can't see why we need him considering we had Livaja and are getting Longo back (which is also better) next season.

Now it leads to Livaja's loan, I'd rather just pay them 3mil pure over 50% of Livaja.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

Liverpool : We sign coutinho from Inter for 13 M

FIF : :genius::disgustedyao:

Inter board :

3 days later :

Inter board : We sign Kovacic from Coutin money

FIF : :excitedeyes::excitedeyes::derp::awwwyeah:

Branca :

Blacky :

Japan

Strama : I'll play Gargano instead of Kovacic and Ibrahimovic (or whatever his name is).
    FIF : :cereal: