Thread: Fight the real enemy!

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Fight the real enemy!

Note: this is my regular column on Laziofever site.

So, it's all over. This time for real. Lazio is saved, home and dry, at least for the time being. Everything that needed to be said has been said, the accolades and gratitude notes were duly given out and now it's business as usual. Which means, more falsity, more hipocricy, more lies, distortions, cheating, cynicism...You name it.

Our well deserved win over Livorno was cast into shadow by the usual care bears of the contemporary establishment press never losing an opportunity to bash our beloved club and everything associated with it. First of all let me make one thing perfectly clear: those who brought the swastika(an ancient Sanskrit symbol of light, construstion and luck, corrupted by Hitler) to Curva Nord are disgraceful and should be locked up for quite a while. There is just no justification for that! But unsuprisingly, the media, in it's never-ceasing desire to throw mud at SS Lazio and still hurting at the fact that we exist, chose to ignore the context of the incident.

I won't talk about the simmilar reaction from the fans of the other bank of the Tiber or other tifoserie in Italy. They have nothing to do with this. What I would like to call the attentions of my readers to is the Livorno fans. Livorno's curva is the most politicised of whole Italy. Every home game at Armando Picchi looks like a Communist Party rally, with Red Flags and appropriate songs sung, hardly any Livorno FC insignia or a chant in favour of the players. Nothing wrong in that per se except the ideology that Livornesi support an idelogy that for decades was hell-bent on destroying Italian culture, way of life and the established elite of the Italian people and which is responsible for millions of deaths world-wide including many in Italy. Livorno fans bring flags of an ex-superpower, sing it's anthem even bring portraits of it's leaders with them. So how is a patriotic Italian supposed to react, other then singing «Fratelli d'Italia» at the top of his/her voice and bringing as many tricolori as they can, knowing how passionately Livornesi hate those symbols? But, as usual, the attempts to piss-off the opposition went well over the top. Irr leaders did condemn the swastika but the damage was already done. And hardly anybody will ask the obvious questions like, how could such a flag be carried into the stadium, doesn't security check every flag and banner etc. Thankfully, the calls for closing down Olimpico issued by self-righteous judge wannabes were scoffed by the disciplinary comitee. Which brings me to my second point...

By the time this column sees light we will know what kind of punishment for the incidents of Tuesday night caused by yet another disgraceful refereeing display(Markus Merk the best? What do the worst look like?). Predictably, the same dregs who went histerical over the actions of Curva Nord created the lynch atmosphere against Inter and it's fans demanding a severe punishment. There are many nominees for the We Have No Shame Whatsoever category concerning this but the Oscar goes hands down to milanisti who were quick enough to lecture and offend Inter fans conveniantly forgeting how they behaved in a simmilar situation not so very long ago TO THEIR OWN PLAYERS! But hey, what else can you expect from the shower whose club walks off in the middle of a Champions Cup football game and then demands the match to be registered IN THEIR FAVOUR! But I digress...

Now before someone starts being outraged at the first sentence of the previous paragraph, would they kindly explain how is it possible for the linesman to not see that head-butt by Shevchenko, the same Shevchenko who would go on to score the only goal of the game? How is it possible not to see the penalty on Cambiasso? Why was Inter's goal disallowed? Anoyone?

But those «mistakes» were just the last drop of disgraceful, self-serving acts by the footballing powers-that-be everywhere. Just take a look at the pick of the bunch:

1. The now-obvious conspiracy against Chelsea to prevent them from winning the Champions league. First the referee gives a life-line to Bayern in the first leg via a penalty even Bayern players could not believe it was given. Then in the second leg no less then 6 minutes of injury time was given(!) for no apparent reason except hope that Bayern will pull off another Inter-Samp miracle(and they damn-near did it!).And now we even learn from the mouth of an UEFA official that Rijkaard was in fact in the referee's dressing room during half-time of Barca-Chelsea and that Mourihno was right all along. But first he has to get a ban and a fine and get hit with torrents of abuse from non-entities.
    2. Juventus gets found out for systematically doping players during a prolonged period of time and nobody does a damn thing about it. Sepp Blatter even says one should not take away their trophies won in that period.
    3. The announcement that UEFA will not use video evidence against Shevchenko because «the officials did not sinal anything». Excuse me, but is that not the very purpose of video evidence, to catch what the referee can't? You couldn't make it up!
    4. The top officials of a football club taking higest political and footballing office in the country thereby spitting in the face of all people fighting against the conflict of interest.

In light of all these facts, it is no wonder even the most mild-mannered fans, let alone the ultras, have had enough. How can anyone believe, after seeing the events unfolding, that Merk's blunders were honest mistakes? And to top it all, we now even have loud calls for Inter to be «made an example». Excuse me? An example of what exactly? Hipocricy of footballing forums? Their duplicity, double standards, even cover-up of their high crimes and misdemeanours? And who is to set the example? Those who lie through their teeth about what happened during Barca-Chelsea halftime? Those who apply the rules they themselves set depending on the club, player even country to be applied on?

If Inter gets a bigger punishment then Roma did it will be truly scandalous. It will also be a sign of definite corruption of governing bodies and an alarm for those still trying to save the game from the inevitable doom it faces if the present establishment still leads it. And if that happens, those who now hypocritically abhor flares will see that there are much, much worse things that can fly around.
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Syria

10 years of FIF
    nice one...

If Inter gets a bigger punishment then Roma did it will be truly scandalous. It will also be a sign of definite corruption of governing bodies and an alarm for those still trying to save the game from the inevitable doom it faces if the present establishment still leads it. And if that happens, those who now hypocritically abhor flares will see that there are much, much worse things that can fly around.
    true.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Great Article Milos!!!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

I was in shock learning the way we were exiting from CL...
    but reading what happened from various websites (Channel4, etc).. I couldnt be too angry with the fans who stupidly throw the flares.. to dida..

you basically felt hopeless in the stadium, you are a fan, you know your team is losing and you know your team had tried so hard to win the game, but this game is imposible to win....

the other party should be redcarded for headbutting, but that guy is not even penalised for anything, he runs free..., and this guy scored one goal. One good goal is cancelled, how can you expect to win such game,,,
    and the guy who in sporting sense truly blocked our effort is dida..! Dida didnt do anything right, but he became victim of our frustation..

few games before this game, adriano was injured by someone from fiorentina, and that guy who injured him is free again...

Soccer needs more honesty and revising, power and greed has turned this passion of people into shames...

I just follow inter after this, i am not interested in any other team or competition inter is not involved...

but this team should beat all odds and prove that they deserve to wear black and blue... Moratti should also give coaches freedom to chose their players... meaning he should let some players go if a coach want them to..

enough frustation for this season, and mancio is reaching for his 3rd coppa with his 3rd team

let's beat juve both home and away..., we shouldnt care no more who's gonna win scudetto, we should care more that this inter should win the remaining games
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Excellent piece, hard to believe you are a laziale you should clone yourself and have them attend all the Lazio games.

I just had something to say about the Livorno thing, I read alot about it. I don't find it logical to equate between the Nazi Swastike and the communist hammer and sickel. True that the Swastika isn't a purely Nazi invention, but those who carry it to the staida do so to show that they are racists and followers of that type of idelogy.

However, most of those who carry the hammer and sickel show that they are communists. I am not a communist, but I will not be offended if a person has such a flag, unlike when I see a person with a swastika.

I think the Livorno fans shouldn't be equated with those awful hard core laziale who offend blacks, jews, gypsies and everyone else. I don't like bringing politics into soccer, but let's not mix things and brush everyone with the same label.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

I never realised Livorno was so hateful.

milos, one question: why do you support Lazio, this is inter fan forum... do you support both teams and how is this even possible..

another question (assuming u are serb) .. why do serbs generally support Lazio?

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter
    I never realised Livorno was so hateful.

milos, one question: why do you support Lazio, this is inter fan forum... do you support both teams and how is this even possible..

another question (assuming u are serb) .. why do serbs generally support Lazio?
    Well, It's now 16 years of me supporting Lazio. Back then we were also-rans in Italian football, and I wanted to support such a team, not the big guns. Then we became big guns ourselves. But I couldn't change the team, I didn't want t be labeled as a "misery-hunter". I've always had a soft spot for Inter and after seeing what a classless bunch Milan fans are I decided to join your battles against them.

Well, a good deal of my countrymen supported Lazio because of Deki and Sinisa(and Jugovic before them). I myself was attached to Lazio much before.
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

I enjoyed that reading very much.

It would be great if you could post that column every week here on FI.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

yeh good article by the way and thanks for that info.

Forza Amici Laziali
    MERDA ROSSONERA-TI ODIO

RISPETTO PER TUTTI...PIETA PER NESSUNO

PER L'HONORE DELLA MAGLIA SIAMO PRONTI ALLA BATTAGLIA

Vinci ad Atene, godi in Europa...torni in Italia e ti scopri un idiota -36