Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2035

Thread: Playstation 4

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    I am also all digital and still the fan sometimes goes crazy, i definitely think putting all the games on an external drive helps.

By the way, Spider-Man DLC is 33% off on the PS Store.
    how long is it? the main game seemed super short
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Online says like 6 hours. I haven't started it yet though.

Terrible thing was i couldn't see how much i played the main game, there was no indicator anywhere in the game or in the save info, but i platinumed it and it did seem long and repetitive, still was fun overall.
    Last edited by K.I.; 19 Mar 19 at 16:53.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Holy fuck have you guys seen the google stadia announcement?
    If they get the big eveloppers to join which seems to be the case they re gonna destroy PS and Xbox.
    I still a bit skeptic when it comes to their service as i m not sure they can really provide that serice with the same quality across platforms and without any lag.

But if they can holy shit have they got something there!

Btw here s a link for who does not know what i m talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeFnQrgtZ9k

- - - Updated - - -

If they get the big eveloppers to join which seems to be the case they re gonna destroy PS and Xbox.
    I still a bit skeptic when it comes to their service as i m not sure they can really provide that serice with the same quality across platforms and without any lag.

Btw here s a link for who does not know what i m talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeFnQrgtZ9k
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Italy

i'd say the lag is the biggest concern right now. how many people have an internet connection which is stable and with a speed of at least 25 megabits per second?
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    i'd say the lag is the biggest concern right now. how many people have an internet connection which is stable and with a speed of at least 25 megabits per second?
    I mean thats not really fast, as in thats slower than a 4g connection so speed should really not be the problem here, if i m not wrong even 3 g is faster than that. So i do think in most western countries that s not gonna be an issue for example in the UK the average household broadband speed was at 46 mbps in 2018. (ink:https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...e-2018-3470469)
    I do agree though that the lag and the stability of the connection might be a problem.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Haha in the US you are lucky to get 10-20 MBs internet speed.

I get 75 MB’s at my house and and PlayStation now is laggy. Playing ps3 games and sometimes they’d crash. Can’t see an 8k game working unless 5g internet and phone service is 1/2 as magical as they say

They also need game developers. Nintendo has Mario and Zelda that’s why they haven’t gone under as well as nostalgia.

Microsoft was saved by having Halo.

Sony is the only company with good in-house developers. That don’t get a bye just because of nostogiy

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Can’t see an 8k game working unless 5g internet and phone service is 1/2 as magical as they say
    Rendering resolution has nothing to do with the internet speed. Whether you run the game in 800x600 or 8k, your multiplayer latency will be the same.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Haha in the US you are lucky to get 10-20 MBs internet speed.

I get 75 MB’s at my house and and PlayStation now is laggy. Playing ps3 games and sometimes they’d crash. Can’t see an 8k game working unless 5g internet and phone service is 1/2 as magical as they say

They also need game developers. Nintendo has Mario and Zelda that’s why they haven’t gone under as well as nostalgia.

Microsoft was saved by having Halo.

Sony is the only company with good in-house developers. That don’t get a bye just because of nostogiy
    LOL thats slow as fuck also cant be the case on the costs as i m pretty sure i had a faster connection when i lived in SF and that was back in 14/15 aslo you guys do have 4g right? so how is the internet speed in most households slower than 4g? Than again it s the US and you always encounter shit there that you would not expect.

I 100% agree on the developers I do think though that most will embrace the new google device unless google slashes their margins. Also in their presentations they showed Assasins creed and NBA2k so they already got Ubisoft and Take two on board and i think most developers will join except for the nintendo games and maybe the soy own productions other than that i dont see why developers would not jump on board with google.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 21 Mar 19 at 13:50.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Plusvalenza+

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post

Nvidia has already done this with GeForce Now (https://youtu.be/rz_dg2sz6ps)

Thing is that with both Stadia and GeForce Now, you need a pretty good connection to have a playable game session, and that's hard to get in the majority of the countries in the world. So unless Google has some sort of over the top secret compression algorithm (wink wink Pied Piper) it's gonna be hard to have an enjoyable experience.

Edit: This is GeForce Now internet connection requirements:
    GeForce NOW requires at least 15 Mbps for 720p at 60fps and 25 Mbps for 1080p at 60fps.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Yea man rural US only can do Dial up if that is 10 that’s a lot

In Connecticut the speeds were 25-50 they just doubled it because 2 more companies came out to compete with Comcast.

In Boston it was 50-100. But that is what it is in the main city area where all the college students are. If you go 15-30 minutes away the the speed tanks.

13. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Kharja

United States

90 10 years of FIF
    Yea man rural US only can do Dial up if that is 10 that’s a lot

In Connecticut the speeds were 25-50 they just doubled it because 2 more companies came out to compete with Comcast.

In Boston it was 50-100. But that is what it is in the main city area where all the college students are. If you go 15-30 minutes away the the speed tanks.
    I would say only rural areas see speeds around what you are saying, and even there I think these numbers may be exaggerated (unless your talking about very very under developed rural areas ). Most of the country that is near or around any of the major cities get what they pay for. We have both FIOS and Comcast in many parts now, both of which offer anywhere from 10mbps up to 1gbps. I am outside the city and easily get 140mbps. I'd say the average in just about anywhere I visit is about 60~ mbps unless the place is cheap or your on a public wifi at Starbucks Somehow though, playstation still downloads at like 3 mbps though...

Also, anyone in here playing Anthem?
    Only One Inter

I'm so high I can eat a Star

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Nvidia has already done this with GeForce Now (https://youtu.be/rz_dg2sz6ps)

Thing is that with both Stadia and GeForce Now, you need a pretty good connection to have a playable game session, and that's hard to get in the majority of the countries in the world. So unless Google has some sort of over the top secret compression algorithm (wink wink Pied Piper) it's gonna be hard to have an enjoyable experience.

Edit: This is GeForce Now internet connection requirements:
    Well in the teaser they claim it wont be a problem because it will all run on their clouds and i m pretty sure in terms of cloud servers they are miles ahead of Nvida and GeForce.

Anyways i m not a technical expert and they go in very little detail why they dont expect to have problems whit lag in fact they claim with their infrastructure lag will be less then it is with the current way multiplayers are structured, they claim in their version the smothness/lag does not correspond any more to the player in the group who has the slowest internet connection i guess since they are baisically only streaming the game to you like a netflix series and all the rest happens on google servers.

Again not an expert on these things but if i think anybody can pull it off then it is google and if they can hold what they promis than Xbox and Ps are in some deep shit.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Nobody plays Anthem because Respawn dropped Apex Legends (which is free)
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Is it actually fun or like Fortnite that isn’t fun at all?

Fav. Player
    Plusvalenza+

Albania

Well in the teaser they claim it wont be a problem because it will all run on their clouds and i m pretty sure in terms of cloud servers they are miles ahead of Nvida and GeForce.

Anyways i m not a technical expert and they go in very little detail why they dont expect to have problems whit lag in fact they claim with their infrastructure lag will be less then it is with the current way multiplayers are structured, they claim in their version the smothness/lag does not correspond any more to the player in the group who has the slowest internet connection i guess since they are baisically only streaming the game to you like a netflix series and all the rest happens on google servers.

Again not an expert on these things but if i think anybody can pull it off then it is google and if they can hold what they promis than Xbox and Ps are in some deep shit.
    Yes but there needs to be user input as well, unlike Netflix where there is no input apart from pause, play etc. Any input lag under 40 milliseconds is acceptable, anything over it will feel sluggish and unplayable. So you have to stream a possibly 4K video at 60fps or more as well as take into account the player input.

It's gonna be hard but I agree that Google is miles ahead infront of Nvidia in terms of the cloud server quality & speed so that may play a role. We'll see how it goes, I hope they can pull it off without any issue though having a player input and then having a reaction of it on screen within 40ms at a 4K resolution and 60 fps is gonna be an issue for a huge majority of players in the world.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Kharja

United States

90 10 years of FIF

My guess is it is simmilar to how a RDP works with Computers. Once you are tunneled in, you are streaming; But the process and bandwidth is being handled on the other side. This allows you to stream in pretty good quality with little bandwidth. Didn't reasearch much but i assume that is how it is being handled.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it actually fun or like Fortnite that isn’t fun at all?
    Its fun. But the Battle Royale style has gotten stale for me.

I can see people playing one over the other, but they are too different of games to say one is the reason others don't play the other. Unless the calling of Battle royale is so heavy that this is the sole reason they do not play it. Anthem's gotten a lot of shit but its actually improving quickly and the main gameplay loop is addicting and well polished.
    Only One Inter

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Anthem is addicting if you believe in the Destiny motto of playing the same thing over and over again. I mean I shouldn't knock people for liking it, I played CS for far more than 2k hours, my point was more that Apex Legends dropped at the same time as Anthem and it's hard for Anthem to compete.

I'm still waiting for people to still play Overwatch
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Kharja

United States

90 10 years of FIF
    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is so fucking hard but so good too.
    Only One Inter

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Stumbled across a trailer for Borderlands 3. Back when I was a uni student I played both Borderlands 1 and 2 with a mate and both games we never finished because both of us found the game completely fucking unplayable due to the enraging amount of backtracking in the game. Yet, everywhere else I look online, the game has almost universal high praise and great reviews. Question: am I a spastic or did I completely miss something or play the game wrong somehow?

I personally liked the graphic style and the gameplay engine. I haven't played games like Borderlands or Diablo in years, but when I used to, I would always do every side mission available before advancing through the story and main missions. But in my experience, Borderlands was like this:

- walk to an area to do a mission
    - fight your way through to the end of that area to kill the boss
    - the minions sometimes respawn, so fight your way through all these cunts again all the way back to the entrance of that area
    - walk all the way back to town to claim your reward and finish the mission
    - get a new mission in the exact same area and have to do the same shit all over again (but by this point you have leveled up and the new mission is too easy for your level and the rewards are now worthless anyway)
    - repeat several times for each area

Seriously, the amount of backtracking was an absolute game-ruiner for me and my friend but I can't seem to find many people who feel the same. Again, did I do something horrendously stupid and play the game completely wrong?

I don't have time for games anymore (feelsbadman) so I'm not going to play Borderlands 3 regardless, but just seeing the trailer brought back some frustrating memories.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. Thanks (1): dax21

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Some people like the grind, some don't - so yeah, the backtracking is a 'feature' haha. I enjoyed it as a co-op.

I recommend playing Tales from the Borderlands, it's an adventure game, one of the funniest games I've played in my life. Short too. (If you ever choose you want to play something again)