Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new Pope has been elected

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

A new Pope has been elected

Watch the news for anyone who is interested. They are awaiting the announcement of the new Pope.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Pope Benedict XVI - Joseph Ratzinger...

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Isn't that a girl name, it sounds a hell lot like it.

Anyway... finaly the found a new one now. good for the belivers, not that I care, but atleast the Tv won't continue talking abouth it for much longer now :hopefull: .

Jimmy
    And sadly he is supposed to be as conservative as the old pope.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Another conservative Pope. They're already talking about how he will be against women in church, gay people, abortion and so on.

Good job I'm not a catholic anymore!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Another conservative Pope. They're already talking about how he will be against women in church, gay people, abortion and so on.

What did you expect, it's the catholic church. They are very conservative.

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

So they chose the most conservative of the conservatives, big surprise Not that I`d really care though.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    atleast the Tv won't continue talking abouth it for much longer now :hopefull: .
    Same here. So I guess it's the same in Denmark, over here in North America, you get breaking news and extended coverage the whole time. You can't watch any regular shows without being interrupted.

If you don't mind, what do you consider yourself now? Anglican, atheist etc..

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF

Isn't he a bit old?
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Yeah thats pretty stupid. I heard that they elected an old guy to represent them at the moment or the next few years while they plan on a new pope. But then again didn't they know that John Paul II was about to die ages ago? One might think they have found a good replacement for him by now....
    FC Inter is the name, football is the game. Adriano is the man, winning is our aim. Juve and Milan are lame, Sheva is the gay.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    While the former Pope's opposition to war and poverty was commendable, his attacks on the human rights of women and gay people were hugely immoral. The new one seems to be as conservative if not more conservative than the previosu one!

Interesting is that his rejection of life-saving condoms contributed to the deaths of millions from Aids while calling same sex relationships as evill!
    Despite over 40 million people being infected worldwide with HIV, the Pope turned his back on a proven method of stopping virus transmission.

I thought we were living in the 21st century
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

You know whats funny...his real name is Raziger, right? Well his nickname now is Papa Razi.....
    FC Inter is the name, football is the game. Adriano is the man, winning is our aim. Juve and Milan are lame, Sheva is the gay.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I read alot about this criticism in the media. But what do you want him to do? He can't go against the basic teachings of the religion. When it comes to counterceptions, I think they have to soften and give it some consideration. I don't think it's against religion.

But when it comes to abortion and homosexuality, how do you want him to change his opinion? It's in the christian doctrine that these things are against religion, how can he abandond it now? It's like asking him to declare the theory of evolution as correct, when it's against the basic theory of creation.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Nice Post Hamed, I agree 101%!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Within about maximum 10 years, we will have to choose again a new pope .

Well, its not going to be better with this new one. Apparently he was the right hand of the ex-pope, maybe it was his wish to let that German one to become the new pope.

Anyway, our candidate-pope from Belgium is very disappointed, he really thought he had a very good chance to become the new pope. Maybe its better, he's born in the same city as I, so would be too hectical over here
    Leve Inter, Cercle Brugge, Standard, Palermo

United we stand and divided we fall
    All for one and one for all !!

Jimmy
    This world will never grow and become more "fashionable" if leaders of groups will be conservative and encourage conservatism. I personally live in a very modern society and amongst people with open mindness. Just today it pissed the hell out of me when an old man in my class was saying how males are cowards if they donīt beat up women and is the one with all the power in the family.

The view on women is more or less the same with these conservative bastards (excuse my French). I canīt understand how especially women can hail this person as their leader when he tells them that women canīt be priests or whatever the hell it is.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

This kind of view about women is also dominant in the culture back home for me. What makes me upset is that men use religion to advance it. Bascially, they ban women from working, driving a car, having a say in marriage etc.

If you argue with them, they will tell you it's in the religion. I know enough to tell you this is nonsense. If anyone dare and say this back home, they will hurt you or declare you heretic. And this really upsets me, women are being bullied around in religion's name, and those idiot leaders don't do a thing.

So, I agree with you that some men have this mentality, and it drives me crazy when they use religon to enforce it. What it comes down to, is ancient cultural norms that some men fear will disappear. So they use religion to keep it. Thankfully, ther are more modern religious people saying NO and ENOUGH.

Nonetheless, there are rules that shouldn't be crossed, like abortion. I'm sorry if I am aruging as if we have the good old Political and Social forum, I really miss it.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    This world will never grow and become more "fashionable" if leaders of groups will be conservative and encourage conservatism. I personally live in a very modern society and amongst people with open mindness. Just today it pissed the hell out of me when an old man in my class was saying how males are cowards if they donīt beat up women and is the one with all the power in the family.

The view on women is more or less the same with these conservative bastards (excuse my French). I canīt understand how especially women can hail this person as their leader when he tells them that women canīt be priests or whatever the hell it is.
    That was a great post Jimbo!

Hamed, I used to be catholic (moderately catholic educated) but growing up I realised I didn't have any real faith and I stopped going to church. It just felt like cheating, I think you gotta have faith otherwise your just wasting your and other people's time.

The fact that I disagree with 99% of the Catholic Church didn't help. I think it's a disgrace that, in these days of AIDS, a Pope can preach abstinence and tell young people not to use condoms. They should go back to the freaking Middle Ages, where they belong.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

You might not agree with Abstinence, but shouldn't you think it should be promoted to young people? Now you see girls having sex at 12, getting pergranat etc. and the Aids in Africa etc. etc. Young people don't think with their minds sometime, someone has to take charge.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Amazing, a new topic celebrating the election of a new pope has turned into a Catholic (and religious) bashing thread. Please keep in mind that this is not the Political forum.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B