Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Financial Problem at Inter

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

The Financial Problem at Inter

It's no surprise, then, we're going to miss out on the Champions League.

With this loss of revenue, all the wage savings from this season make no impact. The wage bill was reduced from approximately 145 million to 115 million and has tumbled a bit further in January. Partially offsetting this, though, is an increase of approximately 10-15 million a year in increased amortization costs.

Now, the question is, how do we stand for FFP? Last season we are posting a 80 million euro loss (Approximately). This will be roughly the same again this year, with a 40-50 million euro loss from missing out on the CL, with only 3-5 m from Europa League to compensate for that. Next season we will have a similar picture - wage savings will only be a bit compared to the incremental Champions League loss. I expect - if we're lucky - a total loss of 35-45 million next year.

So, what can we conclude? Well, we can conclude we're fucked for FFP. We're allowed to accumulate losses for 3 years not exceeding 45 million euros total. To be eligible under FFP, we need to post a 60 million profit next season. That will never happen.

So, where do we stand?

1 - If we do not spend money, we will not have a good enough squad to make the Champions League.

2 - If we do spend money, we will not be eligible for the Champions League.

What is the only obvious solution?

We need to spend money this summer on the next generation of youth talents for us. We need to sign people like Icardi, Kovacic, Laxalt, etc, who will be able to keep us competitive for many years. No more patchwork 30 year old solutions, no more halfway houses. Sign the youngest, most talented players available, ignore FFP for the next 2-3 years while we gel a team together and develop younger players, and then after a few years time, they'll be a competitive top team, with lower salaries and significantly lower amortization costs...

Its the only solution, sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of players, we need to fill around the tactics, not the needs.

I'm working on the basis of roughly a 4-2-3-1 for future, so lets just say..

Handanovic
    Peruzzi Ranocchia JJ Nagatomo
    Benassi Duncan
    Markovic Kovacic Laxalt
    Icardi

2. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    I'm not sure what the point is with this thread. We have already discussed this in an another similiar thread and I do still agree with you. Some people in here would unfortunately pick the option with finding a rich foreign owner instead of the option with developing our own talented players.

The Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim Watzke was yesterday spot on with his comment on especially the Arabic owners/investors/sugardaddys.
    "I get the feeling that some sheikhs just look at the flight schedules and chose a pretty metropolis because the connections to there from the Gulf are the best."

Unfortunately Milano can be considered as one potential place for them. I rather want to support a club with a philosophy of developing our own players like Dortmund than one similar to the one we see in the blue part of Manchester.

Old name
    browha

Europe

Because I feel I've presented it a bit more succinctly in this thread, changed focus on some of the arguments a little bit, and more importantly, summarized it into a standalone place whereas before it was easily lost in the financial section

5. Thanks (1): Serie A

Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

Indonesia

I'm more worried about our current players as our financial conditions were rarely good
    Wonder if they still want to play at Inter next season if we goes somewhere in the middle or middle low of serie a table at the end of the season
    imagine if rano,jj, handa or other players that contributed a lot this season bitching about going out and we keep oldies

Canada

I think it was you who once said that we don't need to worry about FFP if we don't qualify for Europe, so fuck it and let's sign Messi.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    The worst thing about this is, and has been for some time, I don't believe that Moratti has a clue what to do about the current situation or has a back up plan.

Old name
    browha

Europe

well lets not go crazy, clearly something like messi wont happen

but what im proposing is a clear 3-5 year project which will see us back into the CL. We sign a bunch of younger players, they develop over the first 3 years, we amortize alot of their contracts, and then extend them as soon as they clear 3 years with higher wages. the amoritzation gets destroyed because you have written down 75% of their value already, so in terms of FFP books everything looks much healthier.

Denmark

First of all - we CERTAINLY don't need to switch 8-10 players once again next year. That is actually the last thing that we need right now. Each time we "drop" a player and has to buy a new one for his position - it costs us in sign-on-fees, transfer costs etc. etc. It is almost never the right solution.

Secondly, I think our team will mature and develop very strongly over the next 12 months. This group of players have seen as much stability as vegetables in a food processor, and above all we need some consistency and patience with our current squad.

Surely, we need some reinforcements. Surely, we can save some money. But there is no practice or evidence suggesting that we need to cut our wages drastically here and now - rather it is most likely that we will se a gradual transformation and adaption.

Furthermore, it is very strict to simply conclude that the current squad cannot reach for the top-3 next year with a couple of solid reinforcements:

Handanovic
    Zanetti - Ranocchia - Juan Jesus - Nagatomo
    Kovacic - Song
    Palacio - Guarin - Cassano
    Icardi

Bench: Carizzo, Campagnaro, Andreolli, Chivu, M'Baye, Cambiasso, Kuzmanovic, Benassi, Duncan, Schelotto, Alvarez, Livaja, Milito
    (never mind the precise tactics)

If this squad is spared of a tiresome Europa League campaign, are allowed better pre-season training and thus fitness and given time to gel and work together as a unit, there is no reason why we cannot compete with teams like Fiorentina, Lazio, Napoli and perhaps even Milan. Furthermore, with this squad we would only have made 2 major purchases (Song+Icardi = perhaps 18-20 million) and a couple of internal/free trades (Andreolli, Campagnaro, Livaja, Duncan = at most 5 million). This would be outweighed by selling Pereira+Jonathan entirely and saving lots on wages.

Old name
    browha

Europe

I agree in principle that we cannot bulk change players

However, we have a bloated squad already (~33 people) and alot of people who dont do anything (Stankovic, Jonathan, Silvestre are all obvious ones).

I think getting rid of, say, 12 players from the current squad, and replacing them with 3 would be great for us.

Specifically:

We only need 3 keepers - Belec & Di Gennaro out on loan
    8 defenders = Zanetti, Ranocchia, JJ, Nagatomo, Campagnaro, Andreolli, Peruzzi, newLB (Biraghi)
    9 midfielders = Kovacic Guarin Cambiasso Obi Benassi Schelotto Laxalt Botta dudefromSevilla/Duncan
    5 attackers = Cassano Palacio Icardi Markovic (Livaja, as a place holder)

So really you dont need to bring in so many, ontop of people we've already signed we're only talking 2-3 new players.

Out:
    Belec, Di Gennaro, Silvestre, Samuel, Chivu, Pereira, Mbaye, Jonathan, Stankovic, Alvarez, Mudingayi, Kuzmanovic, Gargano, Pasa, Rocchi, Milito, Colombi, Belloni, Forte

you're talking like 50million/season in wage savings there alone... and that squad now isnt so much worse than what we currently have imho.

12. Thanks (1): J..

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I agree in principle that we cannot bulk change players

However, we have a bloated squad already (~33 people) and alot of people who dont do anything (Stankovic, Jonathan, Silvestre are all obvious ones).

I think getting rid of, say, 12 players from the current squad, and replacing them with 3 would be great for us.

Specifically:

We only need 3 keepers - Belec & Di Gennaro out on loan
    8 defenders = Zanetti, Ranocchia, JJ, Nagatomo, Campagnaro, Andreolli, Peruzzi, newLB (Biraghi)
    9 midfielders = Kovacic Guarin Cambiasso Obi Benassi Schelotto Laxalt Botta dudefromSevilla/Duncan
    5 attackers = Cassano Palacio Icardi Markovic (Livaja, as a place holder)

So really you dont need to bring in so many, ontop of people we've already signed we're only talking 2-3 new players.

Out:
    Belec, Di Gennaro, Silvestre, Samuel, Chivu, Pereira, Mbaye, Jonathan, Stankovic, Alvarez, Mudingayi, Kuzmanovic, Gargano, Pasa, Rocchi, Milito, Colombi, Belloni, Forte

you're talking like 50million/season in wage savings there alone... and that squad now isnt so much worse than what we currently have imho.
    who is a dudefromSevilla?
    Markoivc is going to Chelsea...
    You wanna get rid of Alvarez and Milito?
    Do you think Icardi can replace Milito so quickly?
    have you accepted that we are a mid table team?

14. Thanks (1): Bzzlightyear

Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    So, where do we stand?

1 - If we do not spend money, we will not have a good enough squad to make the Champions League.

2 - If we do spend money, we will not be eligible for the Champions League.
    knowing inter management it would be: we do not spend much money, not have a good enough squad to make the Champions League, paid a big wages and extension for old useless players and not eligible for the Champions League

Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    who is a dudefromSevilla?
    Markoivc is going to Chelsea...
    You wanna get rid of Alvarez and Milito?
    Do you think Icardi can replace Milito so quickly?
    have you accepted that we are a mid table team?
    Geoffrey Kondogbia

Not officially. I havent seen any confirmation news. Either way, for Markovic, substitute a forward of your choice.

I want to get rid of Alvarez, certainly. One or two good games in a row doesnt make up for 2 seasons of poor form. I dont really want to get rid of Milito, but I have concerns about his ability to play at the highest level, and he's also our biggest earner at the moment. He either has to take a huge pay cut, oleave.

Not really. But I think worrying about whether our striker is good enough or not is a "first world problem" - lets fix the defense and midfield first.

Yes. I have. I want us to bring our spending in line with who we are.

Fav. Player
    Every1

Pakistan

It's not impossible to replace 10-12 players in one market.

Juventus in 2011 summer and Milan and Fiorentina in 2012 summer replaced 10+ players, and they did that successfully.

The reason why they were successful is simply because they had a CLEAR STRATEGY.

They are no such thing called half revolution just revolution.

Milito and Alvarez both out prettie please.

Markovic to Chelsea is a bit of a weird one, when you consider have Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Moses, Marin and De Bruyne (loaned out), who all play in the AM/WNG position.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Andorra

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgonson View Post
    I'm not sure what the point is with this thread. We have already discussed this in an another similiar thread and I do still agree with you. Some people in here would unfortunately pick the option with finding a rich foreign owner instead of the option with developing our own talented players.

The Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim Watzke was yesterday spot on with his comment on especially the Arabic owners/investors/sugardaddys.
    "I get the feeling that some sheikhs just look at the flight schedules and chose a pretty metropolis because the connections to there from the Gulf are the best."

Unfortunately Milano can be considered as one potential place for them. I rather want to support a club with a philosophy of developing our own players like Dortmund than one similar to the one we see in the blue part of Manchester.
    Finding a billionaire is surely not the solution,but i do believe that Moratti needs to step aside and hire someone good to run the club instead of selling the club.MM has done what man city owners are doing today,spend spend and more spending..only that he is Italian and not from Gulf.
    I love Moratti and he is a bigger interista than any of us and will be loved and remembered fondly forever by all true interisti around the world.but things need to be changed in order for Inter to move forward in a new direction.

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

disagree honest we just need to have some shrewd signings... we arent that far from CL team a couple shrewd signings a little luck and a some investment and we will be okay to start buying youth.

Old name
    browha

Europe

and we make a few signigns and we dont qualify under FFP..

Fav. Player
    CRUZ & CHINO

Netherlands

Would be so much better if we did the same thing as BvB. No European Football, no players over the age of 21 bought, no player selling under 21. We might suffer for a couple of years, but then we will rise. Garritano, Benassi, Kova, Di Genarro, Olsen and Mbaye will all be world class players and we will capture our 19th Scudetto and 4th Champions League. That's more time consuming but will cost us less money. It's our job to keep loving & supporting Inter in these darker times, and as always, Forza Inter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    A potential Kovacic sale would completely undo the positive in signing Kondogbia.

LA GRANDE FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    -------------Handoyo#1
    -----fifi#23--------Dylan#25------JJM#5
    Rasha#2------------------------Pajo#55
    ----browha#88--Devious#19--Guney#10
    DomesticatedPimp#9-Verathia#8

bench: HugoBoss#14,ElDuccio#35,Y&h#11,Wallace#18,militosc ores#22
    ,Lionfap#7,Alan#17,Shaun#16,Fitzy#33,I4E#4,KevinB# 20,Nyall#13,Sokrates#6,#21Uni,crzd#77
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Guney for president
    so when is this youth project starting

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Was just kidding mate. Inter will teach you to take a black dick in the butt and not moaning much, well, maybe alittle bit, but not so much.

I mean you`ll grow tougher, smarter, gayer, troller and more stubborn.

Welcome to the Inter world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    Congrats, you get a drunk post from me (yay autocorrect))
    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...45#post1191245

Quote Originally Posted by guneyinter View Post
    Would be so much better if we did the same thing as BvB. No European Football, no players over the age of 21 bought, no player selling under 21. We might suffer for a couple of years, but then we will rise. Garritano, Benassi, Kova, Di Genarro, Olsen and Mbaye will all be world class players and we will capture our 19th Scudetto and 4th Champions League. That's more time consuming but will cost us less money. It's our job to keep loving & supporting Inter in these darker times, and as always, Forza Inter.
    You realize that is a sudden revolution in our style? That is not to be taken lightly and even Dortmund were not like that except or a few years back. Remember also, BVB are not on our status level.

23. Thanks (1): Serie A

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by guneyinter View Post
    BVB is a lucky Arsenal or Udinese. We can't be a BVB because our fans want to win. It's a big historic team. What we need is to realize when a player is done. WTF is Chivu and STANK STILL DOING HERE !!!! WE need to realize this isn't a NT. We don't have to focus only on players from Argentina ! Silvestre and Shitletto are good examples of us being sold crap and fans beings told it's chocolate. What is worse is we got fing Carrizo who is fing AWFUL !!! And people here are happy he is here

25. Thanks (1): Serie A

Old name
    browha

Europe

carrizo is hardly a problem at inter right now, though.

27. Thanks (2): Pajo, Serie A