Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walter Mazzarri

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

Walter Mazzarri

Rumored to become Inter coach this week. I guess its time he has his own thread!

Managerial Honours:

2007-09: Sampdoria
    - Coppa Italia Runner-up: 2008–09

2009-13: Napoli
    - Coppa Italia Winner: 2011–12
    - Serie A Runner-up: 2012–13

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Hoping Strama stay, but Mazzari would be great no doubt, excellent track record in Serie A, took Napoli to another level that Raja didn't manage to do so.

Three defense is fine, we just have to reinforce our two wing backs positions.

We'll finally be deadly on counter again with Mazzari here.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I don't know why I got this feeling that this thing is a foregone conclusion. One of the more predictable transfer dealings in recent times.

4. Thanks (3): JJM, Universe, William

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    I don't know why I got this feeling that this thing is a foregone conclusion.
    I get that sick feeling too.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

6. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Nero Indigo, William

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Hoping Strama stay, but Mazzari would be great no doubt, excellent track record in Serie A, took Napoli to another level that Raja didn't manage to do so.

Three defense is fine, we just have to reinforce our two wing backs positions.

We'll finally be deadly on counter again with Mazzari here.
    I think we could benefit in the defense by getting in someone like Benatia, who is good in the right of the 3 man defense. We need 6-7 CB's if we are to play a 3 man defence, IMO they should be: Benatia, Juan, Ranocchia, Campagnaro, Andreolli, Samuel, Caldirola. Someone like Benatia becomes critical specially if we let Samuel go.

Nagatomo can play as an attacking wing back on the left, we need a top one for the right. Isla perhaps?

One imposing midfield DM/CM. Inler? Nainggolan? Paulinho?

And, of course, one top striker to replace Milito. I wouldn't count Icardi as one yet. Perhaps a Benteke or a Martinez.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    I don't know why I got this feeling that this thing is a foregone conclusion. One of the more predictable transfer dealings in recent times.
    Inter's coach selection process is similar to throwing darts in a dark room. So nothing would surprise me.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Campagnaro and Andreolli are pretty likely to join, with the prior already looking like a done deal. Caldirola is also an easy solution for us financially. Not sure if we'd want Benatia, Samuel and Campagnaro are going to take a chunk of playing time out of Juan and Ranocchia. Unless we're not looking to develop any of these guys, otherwise we'd probably not go for another first team material in this position.

If one believes Nagatomo is a top left wing back, then sure, we are good on the left. Even if Nagatomo and Pereira are not ideally good enough for the attack, this position is probably the last we have to worry about for this summer. As for the right flank, we do have Jonathan and Schelotto, so we have to sell one before acquiring another one, most likely Schelotto though.

As for ST, I doubt we'd be finding another poacher for replacing Milito. The price of Icardi isn't low, and it's rumored to be as high as we can pay for for a first teamer, I doubt we can fork out this much of money to get a bench warmer in Icardi AND spending on another first team poacher. If anything, we'd be looking for a creative source to replace Cassano, can't really solely rely on a guy who can't last more than 60 minutes to create for the entire team.

Sorry to spoil the party, but I highly doubt this summer would end up being as revolutionary as you think. But if it does, then certainly, it'd be great for all you fans.

Old name
    the dude

Mexico

I dont like Mazzari at all.

I dont know how in hell the negotiations are going, but i highly doubt that someone like Mazzari will join a side that pulls of retarded negotiations a la Rocchi, Schelloto, Mudi, Jonathan, etc. Also on top of all that crap: treated like a muppet, blamed for everything, expected to do wonders, dictated on who should start and who should not, bought players without asking him first, etc etc etc...

If he is stupid enough to accept the job, then i dont give a fuck man... 10th, 15th, its all the same to me anymore.
    reggaeton made me do it

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Walter Materazzi.
    Sudaca Power.

11. Thanks (2): homaru, JJM

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Eto'o

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Walter Materazzi.
    Few friends asked me will Walter Materazzi join Inter few days ago xD

13. Thanks (1): JJM

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    Moratti is a attention whore. He likes everybody following him around waiting for him to state the obvious. He is seriously enjoying it. Just look at the recent headline on fcinternews for example:

- Moratti leaves home
    - Moratti went to Saras
    - Moratti had to take a leak before getting into the car
    - Moratti farted in the car, so he had to roll the window down

Just come out & announce Mazzarri as the new coach god damn! How hard is it old man? It's not like it's a classified secret or anything. The whole world knows he's coming. So why all the drama?
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

15. Thanks (4): apahllo, Kakaroto, spork, William

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I think we could benefit in the defense by getting in someone like Benatia, who is good in the right of the 3 man defense. We need 6-7 CB's if we are to play a 3 man defence, IMO they should be: Benatia, Juan, Ranocchia, Campagnaro, Andreolli, Samuel, Caldirola. Someone like Benatia becomes critical specially if we let Samuel go.

Nagatomo can play as an attacking wing back on the left, we need a top one for the right. Isla perhaps?

One imposing midfield DM/CM. Inler? Nainggolan? Paulinho?

And, of course, one top striker to replace Milito. I wouldn't count Icardi as one yet. Perhaps a Benteke or a Martinez.

- - - Updated - - -

Inter's coach selection process is similar to throwing darts in a dark room. So nothing would surprise me.
    I don't think we're going to splash the cash on a defender where we need to improve our midfield and attack more with our limited resources.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Moratti is a attention whore. He likes everybody following him around waiting for him to state the obvious. Just come out & announce Mazzarri as the new coach god damn! How hard is it old man? It's not like it's a classified secret or anything. The whole world knows he's coming. So why all the drama?
    One if you ever see these interviews Moratti is always agitated.
    And two Stramaccioni is still a human being and it's common courtesy to fire someone in person rather than letting him find out in the media.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Moratti is a attention whore. He likes everybody following him around waiting for him to state the obvious. Just come out & announce Mazzarri as the new coach god damn! How hard is it old man? It's not like it's a classified secret or anything. The whole world knows he's coming. So why all the drama?
    Where is the fun in that?! MM is always a

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

I don't know he's leaving a club he's built into a team which could enter the Champions League and also why not with the right signings challenge for the Scudetto, for a team that has gone downhill with disastrous management, a bad financial situation, also unmotivated players and no clear idea of how to play.

If his career choices are a reflection of his managing skills then I don't want him
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    ^ using that logic he could join us with the belief that he can only do better than what we have achieved recently.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    http://translate.google.com/translat...e=windows-1252

According to some guy, Mazzarri's contract would be indeed 3,5m€ net per for 3 years.

I don't know about you, but to me that is HUGE salary. I mean, does coaches earn this much these days? It's not like Mazzarri is some Mourinho/Capello/Hiddink/Ancelotti or anything. How can we afford this guy?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

3 man defence again, roflmao. I give him 3 months.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Em... new investors?

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    http://translate.google.com/translat...e=windows-1252

According to some guy, Mazzarri's contract would be indeed 3,5m€ net per for 3 years.

I don't know about you, but to me that is HUGE salary. I mean, does coaches earn this much these days? It's not like Mazzarri is some Mourinho/Capello/Hiddink/Ancelotti or anything. How can we afford this guy?
    For reference, he earns 2.5mil at Napoli.

3.5mil would make him the highest paid coach in Serie A as I believe Conte makes 3 mil after his extension last year.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

I hope he goes to the other side of Milan instead.. I beg..
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Napoli were offering him 4m/year if he stayed on according to rumours.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI