Thread: Hello from Portugal

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baa

Portugal

Hello from Portugal

Well its been 2 years so I guess its time to introduce myself

Like I said Im from Portugal, near Porto, obviously Im a Porto supporter!
    Even though Im registered for so long (Only now I was able to see that it was 2 years ago, time sure flies). Im exploring the forum more know (my best post so far was actually done yesterday) since in the last months Ive been really busy at work I hardly had time to do read/write on the football forums Im registered.

I cant say for sure when I started liking Inter, probably in the late 90s and more when Figo signed for you guys and specially in the last times since Mourinho and some former Porto players were/are there.

Feel free to ask about anything on the right threads about our league/clubs, that you dont know or youd like to know. Just dont rub sault on the wounds when Porto sell an important player Like this BS with Moutinho/James and Monaco

Im sure crzdcolombian is also not happy about this James move. But money talks. For Porto was a better deal, 70M was insane, but I really love football and I tend to be romantic about it so I hate when talented players from us go to Russia like Hulk or Falcao to Atltico, or this 2 when they clearly deserve to be on top teams.

Ill try to be around more in the next times, the forum is well organized and I like to read it everytime I can.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We can't really talk about losing players for big fees... scratch that our management isn't even capable of getting a decent fee just look at the whole Sneijder debacle...

Anyway welcome mate, what are your thoughts on Pereira? Could you guys take him back?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    the forum is well organized and I like to read it everytime I can.

Shit doesnt happen

4. Thanks (1): jmaster

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Indonesia

Hey mate, can you share your opinion regarding that Fernando guy? Knowing there is a quality gap between Portuguese and Italian league, do you think he can make it in Serie A....and Inter specifically ?

Looking forwards to your response

Cheers.

6. Thanks (1): Toninu

Poland

FIF is all about being romantic about football

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baa

Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    We can't really talk about losing players for big fees... scratch that our management isn't even capable of getting a decent fee just look at the whole Sneijder debacle...

Anyway welcome mate, what are your thoughts on Pereira? Could you guys take him back?
    Thanks.
    About A. Pereira, hes way better on the attack comparing to his defensive skills,and he improved a lot since he signed for us, this may give an ideia of what he was when started playing for Porto Luckly our league almost everyone plays a defensive football agains us so we need full backs that can attack really well to support our attack the 4-4-3 formations we use stress this even more. A. Pereiro usually overlapped with our LW often. Fernando was/is a key player also since with him on the pich our full backs coul go on the attack with the confidence that hed be there to stop the attack if we lost the ball.

He had a terrific last season with AVB when he was superb, he did a lot of assistances for Falcao for instance, I dont have the stats but I believe he was the full-back with the most assistances for goal I can remember (aside from the ones that take set pieces). His last season for us was good at the start then they were all kinds of rumours about him leaving and he lost his focus. He was having a bad couple of matches when he had a problem with our coach. It was a decisive away match against Braga if we won that wed almost be champions, we were winning but he was having an awful match, adding to that he already had a yellow card. Our coach didnt want to risk it since Braga was forcing their play throw him and subbed him dor A. Sandro. He was really pissed and made a big deal about it and start complaining to our coach and on the bench. Porto doesnt allow it no matter how important the player is (even Jorge Costa a club legend was loaned to Charlton half season for complaining about a coach decision) and he never played again.

I still think he is a good player, he need confidence but I do believe he has a lot to prove in Inter and he can do it, just sort his defensive meltdowns and with confidence he can have a good season. He proved it for us after struggling at first and he can do it again.

He wouldnt take him back though since A. Sandro IMO is a better player, as good as him on the attack, even better with the ball on his feet, and a bit more consistante defensively (even though he is far from being rock solid).

Quote Originally Posted by Akif View Post
    Hey mate, can you share your opinion regarding that Fernando guy? Knowing there is a quality gap between Portuguese and Italian league, do you think he can make it in Serie A....and Inter specifically ?

Looking forwards to your response

Cheers.
    Fernando is the kind of player that is often overlooked. Very consistante player, very focused, and inteligent player. Hes like having another manager on the pitch since he always know where to be and when to make a tackle or just hold a position to cut the lines of the pass for the opponents. Hes one of my favourite player. With him, Moutinho and Lucho we have the best midfield since we won the CL with Costinha, Maniche and Deco.

His strenghts are: his positioning, his tackling (his sliding tackles are sublime) and his ability to "read the game". Hes 5*on that topic and one of the best in the game. You can compare him to Senna in Spain to give you a more notorious example of his importance on the team. He has a lot of experience as well, includind in europe since hes Porto is a regular on that competitions. Hes also very fast for a 6.

His weaknesses are everything that envolves the attacking fase of the game. Hes a average passer, simple passes will do but dont count on much than that. Hes an awfull shooter, finisher, he doenst get the chance often but when he does its usually , to be fair to him he has improved a bit in that department in the last 2/3 seasons.

I think Seria A would be perfect for his football, but only of you put him as a classic 6, if you play him with 2 DMC his performances will drop, and if you try to play him as a MC or a box to box or anything like that hed only be average or bellow that. For me thats the only reason hes been here for so long. But hes a top player, dont doubt that.

I was loonking for a particular match when we draw 2-2 (I believe) agains M. United away when he did a sublime game, the best for us IMO, He was everywhere, even Ronaldo was complaining of the ammounts of ball he recoverd, sadly that compilation of his tackles arent on youtube anymore, or I cant find it, that would give an idea of how he can control the defensive fase of the game.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Hmm Fernando sounds like a Brazilian Cambiasso thanks for the info mate! You think he might leave this summer?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baa

Portugal

Hmm Fernando sounds like a Brazilian Cambiasso thanks for the info mate! You think he might leave this summer?
    After the ammount of money in due to the whole James/Moutinho madness we dont need to sell anymore.

But he may still leave, its his wish to go to a better league from 3 seasons ago, and hes really focused on being selected for the WC and he thinks he cant do that on our league (well due to the lack of consistency of the attacking part of his football, specially if you are thinking of Brazil, I dont think he stands a chance).
    I believe he ends his contract in June 2014 so if we dont negotiate him he may leave for free. That may be the decisive thing for the transfer.

11. Thanks (1): Toninu

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Welcome

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    the forum is well organized and I like to read it everytime I can.
    The forum is 99% trolling 1% football. Kind of like Inter under Stramaccioni.

Armenia

Welcome to FIF

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to FIF

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

on scale from 1 to 10 how happy are you with those red bitches losing everything at the last minutes (I don't hate benfica, just everysingle team that wears red)

oh also welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

You know we had a red kit this season right?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

You know we had a red kit this season right?
    fuck you man, fuck you :fu:
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Albania

You and Lionheart will get along very well. I'd like to see a video of the intercourse
    TI TE DOMINET MILAN

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baa

Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinAintEasy View Post
    on scale from 1 to 10 how happy are you with those red bitches losing everything at the last minutes (I don't hate benfica, just everysingle team that wears red)

oh also welcome
    Considering that after their match against Martimo at 29 April they were already celebrating the title

and at some point they were saying theyd celebrate the campionship on the match against us at our home (it was possible)

When Porto scored the 2nd goal on May 10th

On the 15th

And at 26 May they were like this

Id say 11/10. Just because they were so convinced they were going to win everything. It was impossible to watch TV, it was Benfica, benfica, benfica...
    Even the president of the city hall of lisbon was saying that the benfiquistas needed to take it easy when the started celebrating the title to not to make a mess on the marques (where they celebrate their titles). Its funny to remember all that now

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Wow, I didn't know about that title chase. That Porto - Benfica match, I think I'd die if I was a fan of either team.