View Poll Results: Which players should we choose from?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Current active players.

11 64.71%
  • Players that have played from 2000 till present.

1 5.88%
  • All time players

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: ForzaInterForums Football Fantasy Draft

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

ForzaInterForums Football Fantasy Draft

The idea and rules for this are shamelesly stolen from another forum (fuck em', they don't own the patent ). I found it to be a pretty interesting and simple concept, so let's see if anyone's interested in playing:

Rules:

- 8 posters are participating in this competition.
    - The aim of the competition is to select a team of 11 players (1 must be a goalkeeper, 3 to 5 defenders, 2 to 5 midfielders and 1-3 attackers), choosing from players playing today, and keeping in mind their general form right now and within the last year (as a rule of thumb). The general idea is to make the best team possible.
    - The participants will each take turns to select one player in ascending order (Participant 1 will select first, followed by Participant 2, then Partipant 3 etc.).
    - Once the first round of the draft is complete (all 8 participants have chosen a player), the second round begins. It operates the same as the first draft, except this time in descending order (Participant 8 picks first, Participant 7 picks second, etc.). This is to ensure that those towards the end of the list get fair picks.
    - You have 24 hours to pick your draft, so check this thread often if you're involved. If you don't draft within the 24 hours, your turn will be forfeited and go on to the next participant on the list - you'll get two picks your next turn instead. Also, write a quick writeup on the player you've chosen (not an essay, just a few lines), eg. 'why he fits into your team, his strengths' and so on. Maybe even add a picture of the player in question, just for the heck of it.
    - When selecting a player, it's generally a good idea to have a balanced mix of defensive and attacking players, as your team will be going up against another poster's team - see yourself as a coach, where things like tactics matter - it's not a competetion about having the 11 best players, but the single greatest team.
    - When all teams consist of 11 players, a randomized tournament bracket will be made, and the teams then go against each other in 1-vs-matchups. Here you set up your team in formation (using http://www.footballuser.com/post or the like) do a quick writeup on your team, and why you think it'd be superior to your opponent's. Now, spectators will vote on which team they prefer (participants are not allowed to vote in the interest of fair play), and the team with the most votes progresses to the next round. I haven't yet decided how long you should be able to vote, but let's see if this thread gets any activity anyway. This proceduree goes on untill the 2 last standing teams meet in the final of all finals to determine the winner.
    - Not a rule per se, but I think it would help things run smoothly if the when a person has picked a player, send a PM to the next guy in line to know it's his turn.
    - I'll try to organize this thing as well as I can. So your only job, if you're participating, is just to follow the rules and have fun in the best football-nerdy way possible!

Blue = Attackers
    Green = Midfielders
    Yellow = Defenders
    Orange = Goalkeepers

Cal:
    Messi
    van Persie
    Xavi
    Marcelo
    Gundogan
    Barzagli
    Pepe
    Rooney
    Wilshere
    Piszczek
    Marchetti

Toninu:
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Lewandowski
    Pirlo
    Toure Yaya
    Mata
    Casillas
    Pique
    Dani Alves
    Paulinho
    Zuniga
    Verthongen

Ed:
    Falcao
    Juan Jesus ()
    Gotze
    Ozil
    Hummels
    Moutinho
    Alaba
    Azpilicueta
    Kagawa
    Lloris
    Bender

Dylan:
    Ibrahimovic
    Vidal
    Jordi Alba
    Kompany
    Robben
    Suarez
    Busquets
    Handanovic
    Valero
    Zabaleta
    Ivanovic

Pajo:
    Aguero
    Ribery
    Neuer
    Hazard
    Neymar
    Baines
    Martinez
    Modric
    Varane
    Luiz
    Walker

_OC_:
    Bale
    Lahm
    Schweinsteiger
    Balotelli
    Schmelzer
    Subotic
    Hamsik
    Isco
    Dante
    Fellaini
    Cech

ADRossi:
    Cavani
    Thiago Silva
    David Silva
    Fabregas
    De Rossi
    Reus
    Mascherano
    Tevez
    Buffon
    Veratti
    Rami

Uncommon:
    Iniesta
    Chiellini
    Marchisio
    Ramos
    Cazorla
    Vidic
    Alonso
    Gomez
    Jovetic
    Filipe Luiz
    De Gea.

Last edited by _OC_; 10 Jul 13 at 16:41.

2. Thanks (7): ADRossi, Cal, Dylan, Ed., junkie, Pajo, Uncommon

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

I'm so in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

in
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

So I get first pick?

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

In.

OC playing too?

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    So I get first pick?
    Picks will be randomized via random.org when we've got 8 players. Makes it more fair. Anyway, order shouldn't matter all the that much, as seeing if you get first the first round, you'll be last next round. Even things out I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    In.

OC playing too?
    I'd like to. As long as you people believe me when I say that I won't fiddle with the brackets or order of drafts or something like that

Everyone so far happy with us doing an "of all time" draft? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    In.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Could we limit it to say, last 10 years maybe? Just so people will actually know the players and not their reputation.

10. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Meh got nothing better to do, in
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Could we limit it to say, last 10 years maybe? Just so people will actually know the players and not their reputation.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    ^the make it 5
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

Or just current players? far simpler. Like, if I picked Ronaldo, would that mean world class Real Madrid Ronaldo, or crappy fat ass bilan Ronaldo? Obviously people would assume the first option when the player is at their best, but then what if someone picked Ronaldinho, a current player, but specified his Barca form. Just adds unnecessary ambiguity.

15. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

The process would be greatly simplified if we took current players by current form. However, -10 years would also do the trick, as long as we go by the rule that, if I pick a player, it's at the top of his form eg. Ronaldinho in 05-06, Essien in 08-09, Kaka in Milan and so on?

But it's up to you guys, I'm here to serve. Personally, I do like the retro-part of it, going back in time and picking out the best players, but at the same time, I do see the problem with that kind of format.

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

The draft process is far less competitive and fun as well as theres a far larger pool of players to choose from. I don't really mind, not my game, but just my 2 cents

18. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Cham-paggin?

Estonia

Seems fun, i'm in.
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Ok, OC asked for a poll, so here it is. Choose

My message to JuBe cunts

21. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Gimme that number 8? Game on.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Right, we've got out 8 gladiators. Now we just got to find out what kind of game we're playing. Please vote in the poll.

After we've get a suffecient amount of votes in the poll, I'll make a randomized order, update the OP, and we'll start off from there.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

With a smaller selection of players I think it would be better. If 8 of us choose 11 players then that's the top 88 players, which is still really high quality which won't make too much difference.

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

With a smaller selection of players I think it would be better. If 8 of us choose 11 players then that's the top 88 players, which is still really high quality which won't make too much difference.
    It means one person could have the best left back in the world, whereas someone else could have only the 8th best, which is quite a mis match, so I think its ok now, but like we could limit the leagues to choose from or something. Maybe that would be overkill tho

So everybody voted already?