Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberto Gilardino

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Alberto Gilardino

Have been linked with Alberto for a good couple weeks now, apparently as a back up for Milito, surprised no thread has been started.
    Actually very interested in hearing the forums opinions on this one!

Here are just a few sources:
    http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013...s-vice-milito/
    http://www.football-italia.net/35149...otto-gilardino
    http://www.sempreinter.com/2013/06/1...l-go-to-inter/

Full name - Alberto Gilardino

Date of birth - 5 July 1982 (age 30)

Place of birth - Biella, Italy

Height - 1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)

Playing position - Striker
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CAMPIONEDIEUROPA2010

2005-2010<3

Japan

Club : won CL, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup
    NT : won WC, European U21
    Individual : won Serie A Footballer of the Year, Italian Footballer of the Year, Serie A Young Footballer of the Year, European U21 Golden Player

He has more title than Batistuta + Vieri + Crespo + Milito + Paolo Rossi + Roberto Baggio combined

nuff said, he is the champion we need

3. Thanks (1): Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

He is becoming of age yes, but he really is proven in front of goal, having him come off the bench is definitely beneficial...and anything better then rocchi is a plus in my opinion.
    CAMPIONEDIEUROPA2010

2005-2010<3

5. Thanks (1): homaru

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Definitely a good player, doesn't have the same influence as Milito in team play and build ups, but he'll definitely be a great first team replacement for Milito.

Lethal in front of goal, experienced, ex-Milanista.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    We're not aiming to win the league, and I cannot see him being the difference between getting a champions league spot or not. I cannot see the upside here. I'd rather not have a player who is just going to impede our younger talents from getting game time.

A solid player like him would be useful if we were in multiple competitions, but we're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

My opinion:
    Platano Power
    You Fuck With Me You Fucking With The Best

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Hahahaha, i was expecting very mixed responses in this thread...so far so good!
    CAMPIONEDIEUROPA2010

2005-2010<3

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Don't really get this move. We blew a pretty big load on Icardi. So if Gila is going to be back-up to Milito, that leaves Icardi as a 5th choice forward under Mazzarri? For one competition? I'd also like to know what Gilardino's wages are. He has a contract until 2016 and he's almost 31. This move only makes sense if Milito is sold, which he won't be.

11. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    Don't really get this move. We blew a pretty big load on Icardi. So if Gila is going to be back-up to Milito, that leaves Icardi as a 5th choice forward under Mazzarri? For one competition? I'd also like to know what Gilardino's wages are. He has a contract until 2016 and he's almost 31. This move only makes sense if Milito is sold, which he won't be.
    Personally i would be starting Icardi with Milito/Palacio. Then that leaves Cassano on the bench where we know he won't enjoy. So i do agree with your doubts on the logic of this move. Definitely over compensating up front.
    CAMPIONEDIEUROPA2010

2005-2010<3

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Got nothing against this move if it is what Mazzarri wants.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Only hope is we won't pay too much and won't give too big contract. If those are okay, he's fine to me. Only backup for Milito and I'm sure Icardi will get playing time despite Gilardino being on the team.

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter
    I have no problem with signing Gilardino. I think he's a cool striker, one of the better Serie A ones - He might seem surplus and even then I wish we could sign someone with much more class and upside but we're going into this season with a bunch of question marks on all our strikers (Icardi included). Also, if it's true this is a way to get rid of #7 in the rumored deal (because I don't think any sane team would ask for him from us) then I'm for it.
    Last edited by Nero Indigo; 15 Jun 13 at 10:08.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by Interista809 View Post
    My opinion:
    My opinion:

My opinion after knowing that Schelotto is part of the deal: :awwwyeah:
    Forza Inter

17. Thanks (1): homaru

Fav. Player
    DjorkaeffRecoba

Hong Kong

All the forwards signed from Genoa has been good deals so far. I hope Gilardino would contribute to Inter like Milito and Palacio.

If Gilardino accept a back-up striker role and don't ask for big contract, I think it is a pretty good deal.

As for Cassano, it is his last chance to play in the world cup. If he can't get enough time on the pitch, I think he will ask to leave in winter.
    Pandev:
    "The referee booked me because I took my shirt off after the goal. I couldn't wait..."

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I wouldn't mind Gila for cheap tbh...

Sure he is getting old, but with Milito out till god knows when (and bare in mind that he may never be nearly the same after that injury and taking his age into account). I want Icardi to start, but we simply cannot put all that pressure in his hands, he may very well not cope with it. AND if we get some quality striker, than we can say fuck off to Icardi.

Attack isn't priority imo, but wing backs and midfielder. Thus, we need experienced Serie A stiker to come from the bench and score when expected, someone who wont mind being there. And Gila is definitely one of those, can score from the bench when expected, he is still decent striker, scored regularly in that shitty Bologna team last year. 2 years contract with wage around 1.5, im all in for that.

AND we get rid of Schelotto in the process.

Then spend some money on wing back (s) and midfield.

Palacio - Icardi as starters, with Cassano and GIla as back ups, is quite decent tbh. Milito will come back as well.

Yes yes, im well aware of the age, but we have Livaja out on loan, hopefuly he settles his mentality and starts playing well, so we get him in 1-2 years time instead of one of Milito/Palacio/Cassano. FOr now it's enough, for later, we will think in the next 2 years. As I said, we have Icardi and Livaja to get back. Who knows, even Longo might improve.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Sweden

As long as it means sending dullards like Schelotto ect ect the other way in a swap, i say it would be a great deal tbh.

For just straight cash i wouldnt do it.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    Palacio - Icardi as starters, with Cassano and GIla as back ups, is quite decent tbh. Milito will come back as well.
    This would be perfect, but I doubt this would be the reality under Mazzarri. What I think will happen is that Palacio and Cassano will be starters and Icardi will have to fight with Gila as the main backup, and more often than not Gila will win.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

22. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    This would be perfect, but I doubt this would be the reality under Mazzarri. What I think will happen is that Palacio and Cassano will be starters and Icardi will have to fight with Gila as the main backup, and more often than not Gila will win.
    I have my similar thoughts too, but it's still better scenario than getting Osvaldo or someone THen we will have Oslvaldo and 3-4 players for the second spot

Neverhtless, even as first backup, also knowing Cassano CANT play 90 minutes every game, then i think Icardi will have plenty of playing time. Kinda like Insigne, who wasnt starter, but still played decent amount of minutes. For 20 years old forward in his first season, it's not bad at all.

Who knows, maybe he starts scoring like crazy and be a starter
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Sweden

Cassano and palacio will not start together, unless there are no other possibilities, that partnership makes no sense at all in a 2 man attack.

Cassano will be Palacios sub. But overall i dont really see Cassano fitting in well in this 352 considering the midfielders we will use arents exactly known for scoring alot of goals, so we need firepower up front and Cassano doesnt really fit the bill. Im not quite sure what Mazzaris intentions are with Cassano, maybe he will change his system slightly in certain games or moments to having an AM where cassano could slot in and maybe do good.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Rather than getting Icardi I would have splashed the cash on Osvaldo tbh, I think he'd be a safer bet to lead the attack next season tbh. Icardi is a bit of a gamble, you can go ahead and crucify me.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI