Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013/ 2014 Serie A Fixtures

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Here is a question posed to people who follow our hot prospects... how do they compare to talents of other teams like Bilan and Ladri?

Ladri has a lot of fw they own playing pretty good berardi and immoblie to name a few Bilan has players breaking into their team like chistante and have brought up de sciglio so my question is duncan better then christante or are any of our fw better then the talents rube have coming out?

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Next year, hopefully some of:

Duncan for Mariga/Mudingayi
    Benassi for Kuzmanovic
    Mbaye for Wallace

I think our subs should be primavera players as much as possible, that's the only way they get some real chances at their parent club after their initial loan stints. I'm pretty sure Benassi could battle Kuzmanovic and Duncan could be quite handy as well. I guess one of those 3 and Obi could be sold, we don't have that much space but it's imperative to try to give space to at least two of them here.

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Hmm

Some I'd be fine with, others not. I think Benassi for example could do more developing out on loan - simply because he hasnt actually played that much until recently.

Duncan you're right, he could come straight in I think, and he's different enough that he gives some useful characteristics. MBaye certainly has a good chance of success here especially given our fullback weaknesses at the moment. You can imagine a situation where Jonathan is sold, we play Nagatomo-D'Ambrosio, and MBaye is first choice rotation wing-back, and Biraghi first choice rotation left-back.

Also we should be beefing up defensively a bit. I'd be looking at a Bianchetti-Benedetti duo, but I dont know if Serie B is going to be enough for them to be CBs at Serie A level yet. So perhaps loans for them, tbh.

Obi should be sold, or maybe even retire tbh. He's played less than 2 full games of Serie A football in the last 1.5 seasons...

4. Thanks (1): Guney

South Korea

What about Crisetig? Isn't he supposed to be doing pretty well?

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Next year, hopefully some of:

Duncan for Mariga/Mudingayi
    Benassi for Kuzmanovic
    Mbaye for Wallace

I think our subs should be primavera players as much as possible, that's the only way they get some real chances at their parent club after their initial loan stints. I'm pretty sure Benassi could battle Kuzmanovic and Duncan could be quite handy as well. I guess one of those 3 and Obi could be sold, we don't have that much space but it's imperative to try to give space to at least two of them here.
    You're pro-Mazzarri and pro youngster? That's like being catholic and gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

7. Thanks (3): Guney, homaru, wera

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    You're pro-Mazzarri and pro youngster? That's like being catholic and gay.
    I'm pretty sure there are plenty of catholic gay guys in the world.

Pro Mazzari is a bit of a exaggeration, there are better options but they're unavailable at this stage so we've got to stick to what we have.

I said it a couple of times - stick to a plan, no matter what the plan really is, even a half-assed one could be successful in our current development stage.

And pro-youth, that needs some definition on my part, I think there are better players in our team to fill first squad spots so I understand Mazzari playing certain players over others but our youth is perfect for at least getting spots in the reserves and try to impress when called upon.

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Prandelli has called a 31 man training squad for Italy to look at outside players.

Bardi, Biraghi, Benassi are all called up

10. Thanks (1): Guney

South Africa

Curious to see how Zeman will line up with his 4-3-3 at cagliari this season

He usually fields a forward line with a powerful, technical CF, and two wingers (creative vs goalscoring; eg Totti/Signori vs Rambaudi). with that in mind, could see him going for a trident of Sau/capello - Pinilla/longo - creative winger/pandev role (haven't watched Cagliari enough to know who could fit there - Botta perhaps??).

Its also worth noting that Sau played as the cf at foggia (with insigne on the left), but if zeman does something similar (with capello on the left and Sau up front), wouldnt expect to see much from Longo (assuming Pinilla stays)

Zeman's midfield is usually composed of a holding/dpl midfielder (the Verratti/di biagio/ledesma role), who connects the defence with the attack, and two energetic midfielders (one btb mf in bradley, giacomazzi, stroppa etc and one technical goalscoring mf in nedved/florenzi etc) who push up the pitch and move forward into space created by the goalscoring winger and the cf.

Taking a quick glance at their squad, I wouldnt be too confident seeing Crisetig start ahead of Conti in the Verratti/Di Biagio/ledesma holding/dpl role, and id frankly be surprised to see him feature regularly in any of the other CM spots (given what I've heard about his style through FIF). If he does in fact become a rotation option (2nd choice) for the 35 year old Conti, my question would be whether that would be conducive to his development.

Also, on Zeman picking up a lot of Inter players for his Cagliari side (longo, capello, crisetig, benedetti, botta's also been linked to them), remember that while he can develop young talent well, he's no scout (at Roma he rejected Cuadrado and Pogba for fucken Piris and Tachtsidis ), which is why I remain skeptical of Longo and Benedetti amounting to anything (though its worth noting the former looked good whenever he came on for Verona).

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for the long post everyone.
    Last edited by bandiera; 12 Jul 14 at 21:09.

United States

I wouldn't be surprised if Cristeg turns out to be a starter. Zeman likes his young players because they are more physically able to adapt to the style of play he wants from his teams. Certainly not afraid to bench an important player for a youngster either.

13. Thanks (1): wera