Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The PES Thread

Fav. Player
    Palacio; Samuel

Argentina

The PES Thread

Well, I see that last year someone post a thread dedicated to all matters FIFA, the game. So I searched a thread about PES, and there isn't!!

So here we are! In this thread we can talk about new licenses, the new motor engine, and all matters PES

2. Thanks (2): Big Willy, Devious

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    I might buy it for the ps4 but it has to improve significantly for me to return (as a teen I was a huge PES fan) to it. All I'll say is that last year EA release a glitchy, laggy, game freezing piece of shit and it still outsold PES so Konami will have to get the finger out if they want to try and re-establish themselves as leaders on the football gaming front.

I even remember loving he feature that PES 5 had for the PS2 where you could change different parts of the strip before a match. Then you would stroll out with the 05/06 home jersey and the away shorts and socks looking like a boss. Bring that shit back!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    PES rules. fuck FIFA.

Shit doesnt happen

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Please, there're already 1000 pes threads on this forum.

And plus, who still plays it nowadays?

6. Thanks (3): Big Willy, Howl, Redbullsnation

Fav. Player
    recoba

UK

real men play it. ppl who want to score goals from anywhere and score free kicks from the half way line and that sort off shit play fifa.

- - - Updated - - -

real men play it. ppl who want to score goals from anywhere and score free kicks from the half way line and that sort off shit play fifa.

8. Thanks (3): Big Willy, Devious, Shark

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Forget this 'real men play it' nonsense! Since the PES series moved to our current gen of consoles it has been substandard and even Konami have admitted to having a difficult time with them. I got sick of playing the game that just got worse every year so I decide to stop being an idiot and giving Konami my money. Hopefully Konami get their act together and release a powerhouse of a game for the next gen cause at the moment even a decent game won't outsell the oversaturated FIFA series that will still outsell PES this fall despite launching an laggy and glitchy piece of shit last year.

EA don't put as much effort into their games anymore cause they essentially dont have to and that's the world Konami created with their current gen failings.

10. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    recoba

UK

the only thing fifa has over pes is its animation(pes is dated) every thing els pes wins hands down.

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing fifa has over pes is its animation(pes is dated) every thing els pes wins hands down.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Real men play real football.

13. Thanks (2): Howl, nerazzurri4life

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Real men play real football.
    FIFA?

15. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

me and my friends always play pes when we play vs each other.. dunno why seems better with than FIFA
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Still play PES 6, and I love it
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by William_Ross View Post
    Since the PES series moved to our current gen of consoles it has been substandard...
    Thank you.

PES on PS2 was the best football game there was. FIFA is, and always has been, a jerk-off designed by jerks and played by jerk-offs.

Perhaps PES was a little robotic, but even with its robotic aspects, it was still far superior to FIFA, who in trying to create some 'realistic', '360 movement' shit, essentially made their game uber-fluid to the point of unrealistic ridiculousness. It felt like you were controlling a bunch of invertebrate molluscs playing with a ball made of scrunched up paper.

PES was good in its 'limitations' because it meant you knew what you had to work with, and how to work against it. It was consistent in its control and the outcomes of these 'controllings'. This meant that the superior 'controller' (player) would come out on top. In FIFA, one just had to simulate some funky masturbation with the 'trick stick' shit and you could use your goalkeeper to dribble past everyone and fart the ball into the net.

As WR so correctly said, PES took a giant, steamy turd all over itself when it made the shift to next-gen a few years back. The fact that PES was so garbage was a large part of the reason that I never bought a PS3.

I've played maybe 2 hours of the most recent PES on PS3 and I still haven't decided whether I'm going to get the PS4 (probably not). But PES seems to be (kind of) getting better.

FIFA is still a jerk-off.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

19. Thanks (2): Shark, William

Fav. Player
    Palacio; Samuel

Argentina

Also, you are not taking into account that now PES will have a new motor engine, so it will be totally diferent.

I played both PES and FIFA, and IMO is easier to score goals in FIFA than PES. That's one of the reasons I chose PES, because I don't like easy things. In FIFA you can dribble 3 or more players easily (at least it happened to me)

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Kova

Ireland

13 posts and not so much as a trailer posted

Can't wait to play it

22. Thanks (1): Devious

United States

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Kova

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaInterUSA View Post
    First person I've heard that's been negative about this years PES. Everyone else has given it glowing reports. Interesting

Fav. Player
    zamorano
    Old name
    noxxaro

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Thank you.

PES on PS2 was the best football game there was. FIFA is, and always has been, a jerk-off designed by jerks and played by jerk-offs.

Perhaps PES was a little robotic, but even with its robotic aspects, it was still far superior to FIFA, who in trying to create some 'realistic', '360 movement' shit, essentially made their game uber-fluid to the point of unrealistic ridiculousness. It felt like you were controlling a bunch of invertebrate molluscs playing with a ball made of scrunched up paper.

PES was good in its 'limitations' because it meant you knew what you had to work with, and how to work against it. It was consistent in its control and the outcomes of these 'controllings'. This meant that the superior 'controller' (player) would come out on top. In FIFA, one just had to simulate some funky masturbation with the 'trick stick' shit and you could use your goalkeeper to dribble past everyone and fart the ball into the net.

As WR so correctly said, PES took a giant, steamy turd all over itself when it made the shift to next-gen a few years back. The fact that PES was so garbage was a large part of the reason that I never bought a PS3.

I've played maybe 2 hours of the most recent PES on PS3 and I still haven't decided whether I'm going to get the PS4 (probably not). But PES seems to be (kind of) getting better.

FIFA is still a jerk-off.
    hmm no.

FIFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :dino:

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

PES sucks dick.. Was awesome on PS2 but then they fucked up so bad to the point where FIFA will always be the top football game. EA servers are shit, game is glitchy as fuck, ratings are biased as fuck and shit, but we all know its still gonna be better than PES. It's too arcady, players run like chimps & the passes are like someone has just rocketed the ball at you, WTF?.. Gotta hand it to them for the detail on the kits though, thats it.. Hopefully they step up big time this year, EA are fucking twats and need a bitchslap in the face
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Fav. Player
    Palacio; Samuel

Argentina

Not that any of you care, but here in Argentina we are all hoping that Argentinian League make its way into PES

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

That's great. Can't wait to play with 0-0-10 formations
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

29. Thanks (1): Redbullsnation