Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vratislav Gresko

UK

Vratislav Gresko

I searched and couldn't find a thread for him. Thought he deserved one. Our only ever Slovakian.

783213--346x212.jpg

In this photo we can clearly see one of our greatest ever players in black and blue wiping his face. And there, standing metres behind him, is Bratislav. Bonus points for a young Stankovic celebrating in light blue.

Bratislav came through the academy at Dukla Banská Bystrica, a club whose knack for producing players harmful to our cause is almost as consistent as our own. In 1997 he signed for Inter. Fortunately for us it was Inter Bratislava he signed for, meaning our misery was still a few years off.

Our Slovakian namesake were clearly highly adept at polishing this turd as 2 years later he secured a contract with Bayer Leverkusan. This was such an eventful spell in his career that Wikipedia devotes 7 words to his time there. Playing alongside midfield engines like Emerson and Ballack, as well as reliable defender Jens Nowotny clearly had precisely no effect on his game as by the time he moved to Inter a year later, he was still a festering turd.

It took him until November to make a competitive appearance for us. It's fair to say he had a large impact, as just 6 months later it was his misguided header to Czeck Karel Poborsky that helped Lazio to victory. Inter lost the Scudetto on the final day of the season and Poborsky reflected after the match, "Slovaks really are fucking dense".
    Incredibly, this was the third title Gresko had lost on the final day of the season.

Thankfully Inter were involved in perhaps the greatest swap deal in history (roll over Ibra - Eto'o) when a year later he was traded for Matias Almeyda. Almeyda wasn't even that great for Inter, but he sure as fuck wasn't Gresko.

Gresko failed to continue the fine Inter tradition of playing far better after leaving Inter, than whilst at the club. He made just two appearances for Parma before warming the bench at a host of clubs around Europe.

2. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    I have only one question...Why isn't he in LGI?

4. Thanks (1): ZeruTituli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    What fresh Hell is this!!!???

7. Thanks (1): JJM

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

I cried on that day, will always remember it as the darkest day in my INTER fanatic life [05-05-2012].

Maybe I didn't have the chance to say this, so here it goes: FUCK YOU GRESKO!

#TEAMicardiNOTmyCAPTAIN

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    This shity thread facked my day ...
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Indonesia

You remind me of that day Zeru Tituli....
    FORZAINTER

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaga Interfan View Post
    You remind me of that day Zeru Tituli....
    You mean like......now?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Wallace

12. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    GIUSEPPE MEAZZA

Nigeria

Vratislav gresko

HA HA HA . i have opened the thread of a player who gives interistis nightmares.

Vratislav gresko is a slovak footballer who plays as a left back, he is now 37.
    In october 2000, he was signed by inter from leverkusen for €4.6m , he is the only slovak to have play for inter.
    However, his time at inter was flop as he was famously known for heading the ball directly to poborsky of lazio that allowed poborsky to score ,final score was lazio4-2inter, as a result of that error inter lost the scuddetto in that season (2001/02). This poor dude was heavily criticised for costing inter the scudetto in that season.gresko_inter.jpg
    Last edited by youth projector; 04 Jul 14 at 05:58.

14. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Lazio* not Roma
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

16. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Costa Rica

try searching next time

18. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Guney, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Forum Newcomer
    FCIN Interview with Inter Legend, Gresko

What do you do now?
    “I am Vice President of ZP Sport Podbrezova. A small team of my country. I do not complain about how things go. Too bad for the defeat in the last round of the championship against Ruzomberok. With a different result we could have played in Europe”.

What memories do you have of your Italian experience?
    “Many years have passed. I have to look forward. I no longer think about what has happened. I have also played in other leagues. We say it is the past …”.

But do you think it is right to judge what happened “only” on May 5th? For that one mistake?
    “Those who work make mistakes. In life anything can happen worse. We must look forward and think positive.”

But with a few different referee’s decision, such as the penalty not awarded to Ronaldo against Chievo in the penultimate day, the story would probably have been different …
    “We did not have to concede a goal to Verona in the last minute. And we should not lose home against Atalanta. I do not want to judge other factors. We should have won. Football is this. it is possible that a less noble team have the better of the big teams. the important thing is to accept defeat, look ahead and know how to get up. For me it is a closed chapter. I am a fan of Inter and i am happy that in the years following the Nerazzurri have won everything there was to win. “

Do you still follow the matches of the Serie A?
    “Of course, but not only those of the Nerazzurri. For work I see several of the top division races.”

It has any idea of why Inter have played a league short of expectations?
    “Not living in Italy I can not know where they are going wrong, and what were the possible mistakes. But that’s football. The Leicester last year performed a miracle. This year in Europe there are many teams despite the conditions seasonal faced difficulties as the Nerazzurri. “

Do you still talk to anyone at Inter?
    “I saw Toldo and Zanetti few years ago when I was in Milan for business. And I met Di Biagio when the Italian Under-21 international has faced Slovakia.”

There is some talent in his country that would recommend some Italian team?
    “There have been, especially in the youth representative. I could tell Filip Lesniak, class of ’96, who has just made his debut in the Premier League with Tottenham. Or Pavol Safranko, a striker from the great nose for goal.

What do you think of his compatriot Škriniar that is doing so well with Sampdoria?
    “He is young and seems to think of himself. If it went on like this, he would have all it takes to end up in a top club. It depends mostly on him. If he focused 100% on football, he do it for sure.”

From the judgments on the players to that of a coach: Spalletti. Soon it may sit on the bench of the Beloved …
    “He’s a good coach. With great experience, also gained abroad. A person good at his job.”
    INTER LEGEND

20. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    ₩€$Ł€Ą

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Poor Gresko, only remembered for that unforgivable mistake.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

22. Thanks (1): thatdude

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    Poor Gresko, only remembered for that unforgivable mistake.
    What else did the Shit Cunt do though?

When I read that he was an Inter Legend, I yelled at my phone. Perhaps he is a Legend for all the wrong reasons.

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    Vratislav?

Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.

No more.

Macedonia

He has a point saying Inter lost to fucking Atalanta at home that season 5 rounds before end, people tend to forget things.

And he mentioned Di Biagio. He always stood up against Gattuso and didn't care for his tantrums.

26. Thanks (1): I4E

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    What else did the Shit Cunt do though?

When I read that he was an Inter Legend, I yelled at my phone. Perhaps he is a Legend for all the wrong reasons.
    Well, the 'cunt' (as fans of this team like to refer to our players) made a hell of a performance against AC Milan the same season. Which was sadly forgotten. Gresko will always be the one who got the blame for a lost title. While in fact it was proven that we lost due to cheating, not a mistake.

Gresko was a solid player. Look at the derby match.

And btw... grow up.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He played a solid game so he was a good player

Love that logic.
    Wallace

29. Thanks (1): Wings

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Yeah Wome had like 3-4 solid games so he must be good too.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, č la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Sweden

Who said he played a solid game? I said he played a hell of a game.

Overall he was a solid player. He wasn't the disaster that people make him out to be. Because they refer to two seconds of brain-farts. But this is ages ago, and people won't change their minds. My memory tells me that Gresko was a solid player who also played the best game I've ever seen a left-back of OURS do for ages- against Milan. But no one pays any attention to that game.

If we're gonna shit on a player, it should be Guglielminpietro. Now that was a horrendous experience.