Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almeyda will not retire

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

Almeyda will not retire

Good news! Though not for Jimmy

http://www.goalcity.it/GoalNewsDetta...878-28,00.html

Almeyda says that he`s changed his mind and he doesn`t want to retire at the end of the season. His family has helped him make the decision. He says he`s still hungry and wants to win with Inter.

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

And now I noticed that it`s on Inter.it too

Jimmy
    Predictable. I never believed he would quit either, which is why I haven´t mentioned it.

I really don´t think he intended to quit, but had one moment where he had enough and took preaccutions to protect himself. He´s a free agent this summer, so let´s see if he really intends to play with Inter.

Yes it depends on what plans we have with him. If Cambiasso arrives I don´t see a place for him anymore...
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Yeah, it's Cambiasso or Almeyda.. Almeyda is better maybe but Cambiasso is younger.. Almeyda still has maybe couple playing years left.. I'd choose Almeyda..

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Not good,not good at all. He should have retired now he will just delay the development of beati and biava more.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Bahrain

Come on he never demands a first place position and when he plays he plays well...especially in big games like this coming one where i hope he replicates his performance against them in Turin..He is a good leader in midfield.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Zaccheroni is not gonna start Biava and Beati is on loan so get over them

Anywayz I'm sorta happy Almeyda is not gonna retire though if Cambiasso comes then Lamouchi and/or Farinos should leave...

Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    Zaccheroni is not gonna start Biava and Beati is on loan so get over them

Anywayz I'm sorta happy Almeyda is not gonna retire though if Cambiasso comes then Lamouchi and/or Farinos should leave...
    They both should leave. There is no question. And they will.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

These are the midfielders we should have for next season IMHO:
    emre
    stankovic
    cz
    beati
    biava
    Karagounis
    van der meyde
    kily
    okan

I see no reason why de rossi can be the 1st backup at roma but at inter we can't use our talented youngsters. They should stay here not be loaned out. Why should we always go and buy players we don't need like cambiasso? We gave oba a chance and look how he turned out. Give the youngsters a chance and they will surprise you.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Miccoli, Marseca were loaned out... They got to play more and now they are doing well...

So, I won't mind if they are loaned as well.....
    Loaning - Pasquale, Beati, Biava won't be bad....

It seems that Cambiasso is definitely joining Inter, which I really don't like as I wanted to see players like Biava get chance.... But if Cambiasso is coming, then I would prefer Beati / Biava to be loaned....

Look at our record in loaning players and you notice that loaning Beati and/or Biava will be bad.

I'm not really keen on offering new contract for Almeyda but there are no phucking point to sign Cambiasso. If if I had to choose between Almeyda and Cambiasso I would defintely prefer Almeyda.
    \"Inter is a lovely illness which leaves eternal scars\"

I surely want Almeyda to stay for next season because he always gives all when he is on the pitch and he never demands starting place.
    If I had to choose between Almeyda and Cambiasso I would definetly choose Almeyda. Its important for us to keep the same team around and not to bring new and unnecessary players.
    It would be really something special for everbody if this same Inter would win Scudetto or CL next season and with zac leading the way.

Bahrain

Who is forcing us to chose between Almeyda and Cambiasso...Its not like one or the other,Lamouchi will probably be the on to leave since he isnt close to the worst expectations we had of him...He was invisible,maybe Cambiasso is to replace him and have quality for a change when both Almeyda and CZ are injured,which happens alot.But still i dont really think we need him,in case of emergencies integrate the young players.Even when its not an emergency but somewhat of an easy game to get them going and rest our main guys to keep them fresh and less injury prone.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    emre
    stankovic
    cz
    beati
    biava
    Karagounis
    van der meyde
    kily
    okan

I see no reason why de rossi can be the 1st backup at roma but at inter we can't use our talented youngsters. They should stay here not be loaned out. Why should we always go and buy players we don't need like cambiasso? We gave oba a chance and look how he turned out. Give the youngsters a chance and they will surprise you.
    I agree with should give youngsters a chance, but we should do it in the right way.

I think we need 3 players to every position on the pitch:

First team player

Backup player

Young/decent player

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

With that squad we do have that balance:

amc: emre/stankovic,karagounis,biava
    dmc:cz,karagounis,beati
    lm:kily,emre/deki,rebechhi
    rm:advm,jz,okan/deki/karagounis.

We have more than enough midfielders. We don't need new players and we don't need old players taking up talented youngsters spots.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Three players per position means 33 men squad. That's ridiculous much.
    \"Inter is a lovely illness which leaves eternal scars\"

Quote Originally Posted by Antti
    Three players per position means 33 men squad. That's ridiculous much.
    Well most of the "3rd rang players" are youngsters from Primavera so you can´t really count on that number.

(Example)

Goalkeeper spot:

Toldo - World class goalie

Fontana - Experienced good goalie

Cordaz - Young player

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    25/26 players’ squad is more than enough (when there’s emergency there will be our youth squad) :

Goalkeeper :

#Toldo, 2 other keepers (Fontana’s contract will end and the third keeper could always be selected from the youth team)

Defenders :

#Cordoba, Materazzi, Adani, Mexes/Vidic, Cannavaro (?)
    (I want Inter to play with back 4, which could mean that we can sell Cannnavaro to get players like TOTTI)

# J.Zanetti, Coco, RB, Pasquale/Brechet/?
    (Helveg’s contract shudn’t be renewed which means that we have to look out for a decent young right back; the other LB could be chosen from one of Brechet/Pasquale. I think Brechet needs sometime and may be we will finally see him do well)

Midfielders :

#C.Zanetti, Almeyda/Cambiasso, Biava/? (but ofcourse things will change if we bring players like Emerson or Makelele ??)
    #Emre, Stankovic, Karagounis, Van Meyde, Kily,..

Strikers :

#Adriano, Martins, Recoba, Kallon, Cruz (?), Vieri (?)
    (I wouldn’t want to start the debate again…) (And if players like Totti/? Are brought, then they are more than welcome)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    emre
    stankovic
    cz
    beati
    biava
    Karagounis
    van der meyde
    kily
    okan
    That's pretty good. I wud change one thing. I wud drop Kily and include Almeyda..