View Poll Results: Predict how Icardi's Inter career will go

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthšus)

26 10.40%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

31 12.40%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

100 40.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

50 20.00%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

20 8.00%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

11 4.40%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

2 0.80%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.40%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

3 1.20%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

6 2.40%
Page 574 of 582 FirstFirst ... 74474524564571572573574575576577 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,480 of 11629

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    How does he deserve it? Yes he is a great player and amongst the top 5 players i have seen im my life. That being said i dont see how this makes him deserve the WC. He has had the best opportunities to win the trophy and he disappointed pretty hard thus far. I mean it s not like he has not won it because he does not have a team around him to win it one could argue that they usually have a shitty coach but they always have the players to win it.
    On top of that he has been a disappointing in all the WC thus far, yes they made it to the finals in 14 but even then he never played on a similar level as he does in Barca.

I guess what i m trying to say is unless he finaly steps up his game in a WC he does not really deserve to win that WC trophy. That being said i m sure he will win it if he does step up his game.
    He carried Argentina to the final in the last WC. Besides that, Messi is the best player in the world and that's why he deserves to win the World Cup, of course that's just my opinion which is based on sentiment.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

2. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    I really wanna see Messi win the World Cup, such an amazing talent deserves this trophy and plus it would get that cocaine sniffing piece of shit Maradona off his pedestal.
    I would be happy with Argentina winning only to see Maradona off his pedestal. Could not care less about Messi winning it.

4. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    He carried Argentina to the final in the last WC. Besides that, Messi is the best player in the world and that's why he deserves to win the World Cup, of course that's just my opinion which is based on sentiment.
    Imho he was pretty shitty even in the last wc he had one great game and was below his standard for the rest of the WC.
    I dont want to disagree on the best player in the world discussion, but imho simply being the best does not mean you deserve shit if you dont put in the work. I mean with that logic cr7 would also deserve to win a wc.
    I mean does zlatan deserve a CL? He is one of the best out there but he always sucked in the cl so i wont say he deserves it even though i would like to see him winning it.

Anyways i get your point and if it s more based on sentiment then of course your right he deserves it. I though you we re also talking about his performances at the WC and imho based on these he does not really deserve it.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Who was the last "best player in the world" to win the WC, Zidane?
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Ronaldo in 2002
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    I guess maradona should also be added. Also a argument for dinho could be made even though he was not in his prime in 02.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member

besties now...maybe our Capitano can now convince him to join Inter...then he can steal his wife

Malaysia

Materazzi
    sorry for my bad English

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Scotland

Icardi is the starting striker when fit according to sampaoli anyway. Anyone know what his 'injury' is and if he'll be ok for Sunday?

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

pretty sure that injury stuff is all bullshit. Look I don't deny messi's greatness and that he is, along with Ronaldo, one of the greatest of all time. But in all things national team, he comes off as a petulant little bitch. Credit to him for the hat trick in a clutch game but did anyone see how he has like NO team play ability for argentina at all? it is literally, either give him the ball and watch him dribble by opponents - or just watch him aimlessly hold the ball, ignoring tons of passes and build-up. I'm not even being an icardi fanboy since he didn't even play most of the game. However, messi really needs to play team ball if argentina is going to have a chance at all.

And Fuck maradona - I hate that guy. What no one wants to admit is that argentina probably could have won the world cup last time but di maria got injured for the last 2 games. He, along with mascherano, were the keys to argentina getting as far as they did. Yes, messi had some big moments and deserves credit, but di maria was in crazy form during that worl cup.

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

At least he'll be fresh for the Derby.. got about 10minutes at the end od the game and almost scored.
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

14. Thanks (1): thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF
    How often has that happened really?

I wouldn't call Zidane the best in 1998. Ronaldo was better. Rivaldo and Batistuta also had arguments for being better. Zidane got credit for the WC final, Djorkaeff was better during the tournament anyway
    Ronaldo was the best in 2002 but was he the best performer? He missed half the year. Probably Zidane was the best overall back then, go figure
    Romario was not the best in 1994, Roberto Baggio was better and probably the absolut best. You also had great players such as Stoichkov, Savicevic, Hagi...
    2006 only Totti could have a claim from Italy but in reality, Ronaldinho was at his peak then and it wasn't a contest. You could argue a few players over Totti anyway.
    In 2010 and 2014, Messi didn't win the World Cup.

Unless we claim that Matthaus was the best in the world in 1990, we have to go back to Maradona in 1986.
    Italy 1982 cannot claim a best player to win WC either. Then we have to move back to the Pele/Garrincha era since 1974 = Cruyff (Beckenbauer was close of course) and 1978 = I've no idea but I wouldn't say that Kempes was better than a host of other players of the time such as Muller, Keegan, Rummenigge, Platini and I dunno who else. Kempes was very good but he wasn't the clear best.

Basically, the World Cup is not usually won by the team that has the best player in the world much more often than not.

Let's hope Icardi in 2022 will be part of this small list

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    He actually made a run that opened up space for Messi's third goal (https://streamable.com/9u7pc). Now let's hope he gets called for the World Cup. Best chance for an Inter player to win the world cup.
    Messi scored the 3rd before Icardi came on, thats Benedetto making the run.

17. Thanks (1): Toninu

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Messi scored the 3rd before Icardi came on, thats Benedetto making the run.
    My life is a lie. I'm pretty sure I saw a livescore displaying the Icardi sub before the third goal. Not the first time they fuck around tho.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Cannavaro?

But according to google Zidane won best player in the world in 2006

It seems that google doesn't see Cannavaro as the best player in 2006

But then you click on the wikipedia article below it and it says Cannavaro.

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Cannavaro?

But according to google Zidane won best player in the world in 2006

It seems that google doesn't see Cannavaro as the best player in 2006

But then you click on the wikipedia article below it and it says Cannavaro.
    That says Zidane won Golden Ball (FIFA world cup 2006 best player) whereas Cannavaro won World player of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

21. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, kameru

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter
    Hope he scores in the derby. Hopefully
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Ronaldo in 2002 is arguable, because his miraculous recovery from injury only happened right before the World Cup. What I mean is, he was injured for about 2-3 years, until March/April 2002. So I wouldn't call him "the last best player to win the WC" per se.

But yea, quite interesting tbh

1998 best player was Ronaldo I feel, he didn't win the WC
    2002 was...I'm not sure who was the best player LEADING to the WC tbh. Ronaldo did impress I think in his first 6 months with Real Madrid, IIRC. But AT the World Cup, he was an underdog for sure.
    2006 was Ronaldinho's year IMO, but he failed too
    2010 was Sneijder's year for sure, he failed. Messi was also spectacular but Xavi & Iniesta who were fantastic also did win it.
    2014 was CR7 and/or Messi

====================

Anyways, enough about the WC. I'm quite worried about Icardi's goalscoring form leading to the game. He hasn't scored from an open play for awhile since the beginning of the season. Hopefully the euphoria from the qualifiers bring back some life to his game.

24. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

Indonesia

oh c'mon man, leave Ronaldo alone

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    besties now...maybe our Capitano can now convince him to join Inter...then he can steal his wife
    Besties? I think Icardi is being a little weird. He posts pictures of him and Messi 24/7 it's so fucking cringy. Like we get it you met Messi at NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    But seriously, things can only go upwards for him now even more with a coach that fucking made Salah look good. Lets hope my name can be looked at as something positive for the season 17/18.