View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    159 75.36%
  • No

    52 24.64%
Page 1081 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107810791080108110821083108410911131 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,620 of 22874

Thread: Mauro Icardi

  1. #21601
    Jacquez's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Feb 07
    Posts
    1,034
    Thanked
    1,352 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Denmark

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

    So excuse us ingrates for wanting to know exactly why Icardi, a fan favorite at the Meazza and an Inter legend

    WHAT.. HAHAHA
    PLUR


  2. #21602
    ForzaNerazzurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Jan 15
    Posts
    1,179
    Thanked
    2,029 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

    Egypt

    Over time, reading Brehme's posts reminds me of seeing my grandmother go through dementia. It just keeps getting worse and worse and making less sense everyday and it's heartbreaking.
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

    "We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri


  3. #21603
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanked
    4,817 times

    Serbia

    He is already an Inter legend and that part I would agree with. Whether we like it or not is another thing altogether.

    Friendly reminder that this guy scored more than Vieri, Adriano, Milito and Recoba in an Inter shirt. Even more legendary that he didn't win jack shit, even Vieri got a measly coppa trophy.

  4. Thanks (1): MVD

  5. #21604
    might be Deadpool wera's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Mar 11
    Posts
    21,235
    Thanked
    19,785 times
    Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

    South Korea

    good, he can be a legend somewhere else from now on

    and scoring more than Adriano and Milito doesn't make him be on the same level as far legendary goes
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.


  6. #21605
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    7,787
    Thanked
    14,494 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    About that "legendary" status - Palacio >> Icardi. Goals don't make the player.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti



  7. #21606
    Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Sep 10
    Posts
    7,422
    Thanked
    7,394 times
    Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

    Europe

    75 Forum Supporter
    ^ Palacio
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

  8. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

  9. #21607
    William's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 10
    Posts
    3,994
    Thanked
    1,445 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Europe

    Forum Supporter
    I don’t think even Cruz is classed as a legend on FIF so Icardi DEFINITELY IS NOT!!!

  10. Thanks (3): Kakaroto, MVD, wera

  11. #21608
    Asperiini1's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 May 08
    Posts
    154
    Thanked
    100 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    Finland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquez View Post
    WHAT.. HAHAHA

    You don't get legendary status by just scoring goals. If you'r heart is not Interista, your not Legend.

    Just like Cruz is legend, Crespo, Figo and others. Their hearth beat for Inter and they don't fuck with the club. They understand that no one is bigger than the club. Icardi doesn't.

  12. Thanks (3): MVD, pazza moratti, William

  13. #21609
    Luka's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jul 06
    Posts
    16,193
    Thanked
    1,565 times
    Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

    Poland

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    So excuse us ingrates for wanting to know exactly why Icardi, a fan favorite at the Meazza and an Inter legend
    You are out of your mind.


    And btw, the definition of a legend, pretty much everywhere in the world is defined first of all by non-stats things in the first place. For example you have Zamorano who is considered easily a legend by everybody, but his stats are nowhere impressive.

    I don't know a single club, where fans are calling some player with great stats a legend if he shitted on the club by one way or the other.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...


  14. #21610
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,443
    Thanked
    11,457 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Funny thing. Just because many of you are saying the wrong things it doesn't change anything and it's not going to shift reality into making your stance the correct one.

    Icardi as of February 2019 was an Inter legend and there's nothing I or anyone else could do about it.
    I find it too funny that everyone isolates on that small part. It gets you triggered as if someone poked into your arse holes.

    There is still ZERO evidence to support that the management made a wise choice by stripping the captaincy.
    There is still ZERO evidence that Icardi deserved to have the captaincy stripped at that point.
    And there is still ZERO evidence to support your anti-Icardi position in that particular incident. What happened next is exactly that. What happened next. It is unrelated to the WHY. And anyone with an ounce of brains knows that the first thing you need to assess is the WHY otherwise you're chasing your own tail. While it's funny to watch at first, it becomes very irritating to keep watching people chase their own tails and then bark about it.

    List the reasons of WHY Icardi was put in this situation and then maybe we can have a second side making arguments about this shitfest. And who knows, maybe they are compelling enough to shut the other side up. Till then, Icardi had no reason to be stripped of the captaincy whatsoever.
    Last edited by brehme1989; 16 Jul 19 at 12:43.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  15. Thanks (2): Nderim, Sqnalkel

  16. #21611
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    14,830
    Thanked
    13,274 times
    Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

    Tokelau

    69 Forum Supporter
    Icardi is an inter legend, a legendary villain.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

    I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

  17. Thanks (2): DARi0, GenDire

  18. #21612
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    7,787
    Thanked
    14,494 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Funny thing. Just because many of you are saying the right things it doesn't change anything and it's not going to shift reality into making your stance the correct one.
    So you're saying the wrong things instead and expecting to shift reality and making your stance the "correct one"?


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Icardi as of February 2019 was an Inter legend and there's nothing I or anyone else could do about it.
    So yeah, he was a legendary heterosexual until he sucked a dick. That makes sense. A legend is someone retrospectively regarded as a big deal.

    He failed at that, so sorry. He was never a "legend". A pivotal player, sure. A legend, never.


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I find it too funny that everyone isolates on that small part. It gets you triggered as if someone poked into your arse holes.
    "The small part" isn't as small as you make it out to be. Failing to attend to your duties, as I tried to explain earlier, is a major fucking offense. No matter the "reason" and what "triggered" this "behaviour". Just the fact that anyone would attempt that and expect no repercussions is telling in itself.


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    There is still ZERO evidence to support that the management made a wise choice by stripping the captaincy.
    There is still ZERO evidence that Icardi deserved to have the captaincy stripped at that point.
    And there is still ZERO evidence to support your anti-Icardi position in that particular. What happened next is exactly that. What happened next. It is unrelated to the WHY. And anyone with an ounce of brains knows that the first thing you need to assess is the WHY otherwise you're chasing your own tail. While it's funny to watch at first, it becomes very irritating to keep watching people chase their own tails and then bark about it.
    What do you expect of us here, to fly to Milan and waterboard Marotta until he confesses "everything"? Yeah, we both don't know the "underlying reason" but unlike you I can extrapolate and state the obvious - Icardi had all the chances to try to fix things, shut his stupid wife and to stop behaving like the spoiled brat he is. The way he handled himself after "what happened next" is exactly the way he handled himself before that - like a piece of shit. As if the numerous scandalous things he and his wife have done in his legendary Inter career, which you so comfortably omit from your high-level analysis, weren't enough. It's clear as day that the management arrived at a "last straw" moment and decided to act. Do you think they wanted that outcome themselves? Remove your tin-foil hat for a moment and think about that. Of course they didn't want to basically throw away one of their best players - there was A REASON. A reason we don't know about, but a reason nevertheless.

    Even without any extra "hidden" reason there were plenty already, as we all know - maybe the comment about how shit his team-mates were on national television was the last straw; or maybe it began with the wife/agent's comment how "Icardi has all the power in the dressing room and he can basically do whatever he want" [quoting loosely here, I'm sure someone can find the interview], who the fuck knows. It doesn't matter now anyway, one thing is for certain - there is no conspiracy. He fucked up.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti


  19. Thanks (1): MVD

  20. #21613
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,443
    Thanked
    11,457 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Okay, so your answer to everything is Wanda sucks cock and my mirror says I'm right because appeal to authority is sexy. Ok, good to know your opinion is constant.

    And sorry, there's no real reason. They created the reason by stripping the captaincy and opening Pandora's box. Which seems like a calculated move.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  21. Thanks (1): Sqnalkel

  22. #21614
    Zoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 13
    Posts
    1,538
    Thanked
    1,586 times
    Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

    Turkey

    47
    I agree with Brehme to a certain extent. I don't know what happened exactly, don't get me wrong him faking an injury is unacceptable. But that happened after the fact where he felt hard done by.

    Inter is always number 1 don't get it twisted. But if we make a mistake we make a mistake (waiting till summer to strip captaincy would have been best), and Icardi was on his way to legendary status at least if he wasn't one already. He did care about inter and love inter as far as I could tell. He cried when we couldn't fuck Milan etc. His current state of mind I'm guessing is "after everything I've done I'm being treated like this? Nah fuck that". He wanted to be here through the worst times in recent years. It is what it is but I wish things ended differently.

    I think both Inter and Icardi are in the wrong and both made shitty mistakes. I'd like to know the full story personally, but I doubt we ever will. If he does join the scum then yeah I'm part of the fuck Icardi camp, nothing excuses that.

  23. Thanks (3): MVD, Rain, Sqnalkel

  24. #21615

    Join Date
    25 Feb 13
    Posts
    2,394
    Thanked
    3,085 times

    Vietnam

    "chasing own tails", "bark", "ounce of brains"... the offensive tone of this post is unbearable.
    That isn't discussion anymore. Like in a street market.

  25. #21616
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    7,787
    Thanked
    14,494 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    And sorry, there's no real reason. They created the reason by stripping the captaincy and opening Pandora's box. Which seems like a calculated move.
    Glad to hear you say it out loud.

    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti


  26. Thanks (3): ForzaNerazzurro, MVD, wera

  27. #21617
    Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Sep 10
    Posts
    7,422
    Thanked
    7,394 times
    Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

    Europe

    75 Forum Supporter
    I think he was well on his way to eventually become a club legend. However a legendary status will be reevaluated with time and can be taken away at any given time depending on your actions.

    Example: Conte. A club legend by every metric for Juve UNTIL he joined the enemy from the other town. Now we will all see what kind of a legendary abuse he will get from Juve fans at this season's Juventus – Inter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

  28. Thanks (3): Kenny, MVD, Zoro

  29. #21618
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,443
    Thanked
    11,457 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Glad to hear you say it out loud.
    I also love how you have zero answers as to what was expected by taking such measures without warning.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  30. #21619
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    7,787
    Thanked
    14,494 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I also love how you have zero answers as to what was expected by taking such measures without warning.
    Man, you are supposed to be the sage here, a grown-up man. Why should I try to explain stuff to you, you have a brain of your own. Use it.

    Icardi and wife behaving the way they did, Nainggolan doing it as well, and getting away with it was a sure way to lose the dressing room. Everyone else would be like "the fuck, I can do that shit too I guess". And it all goes down the drain real fast.

    You are also conveniently forgetting that it's not only Icardi - it's Nainggolan. Both had "disciplinary" issues, i.e. were muddying the waters in the dressing room. Now both have to go and that's the right thing to do. If you can't get that, I'm sorry. Many members here get it - the team is bigger than any individual. We had CL on the line - imagine what was brewing if stripping your captain mid-season was "the lesser of two evils".
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti


  31. Thanks (1): MVD

  32. #21620
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanked
    4,817 times

    Serbia

    Nainggolan didn't "muddy" anything in the dressing room. His issue was that he was late for training sessions, multiple times of which the last occurance was after the match against Chievo in December when he was fined and suspended.

  33. Thanks (1): MVD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •