View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

102 82.93%
  • No

21 17.07%
Page 795 of 964 FirstFirst ... 295695745785792793794795796797798805845895 ... LastLast
Results 15,881 to 15,900 of 19270

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    If it comes to losing either Icardi or Skriniar then bye bye Icardi... You can set up a team differently, more dynamic and u don't need a box predator to score a lot...Not that we score a lot anyway
    Also I think we play more dynamic with Keita and Lautaro than with Icardi lol and we open up defences easier
    It happened against Napoli, Empoli as of recently
    Now bash me all you want...
    While a CB like Skriniar... There is no one like him out there and he acts more of a captain for Inter than Icardi on and off the pitch.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    It's a lot easier to get a replacement for Škriniar though, while for Icardi is almost impossible.

There's a good number of young talented CBs that could replace Škriniar, there's only one for Icardi.

Though I wouldn't sell Škriniar for anything less than €90M.
    "Si chiamerà Internazionale, perchè noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

2. Thanks (1): Pajo

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Sqnalkel View Post
    It's a lot easier to get a replacement for Škriniar though, while for Icardi is almost impossible.

There's a good number of young talented CBs that could replace Škriniar, there's only one for Icardi.

Though I wouldn't sell Škriniar for anything less than €90M.
    You win the jackpot once doesn't mean you can win it again easily. Even De Vrij and Miranda can't outperform Skriniar. In the whole Serie A, I can't think of anyone more impressive, maybe Koulibaly and Chiellini.

And you think a "young talented CBs" can replace him. Who of our targets do you rate that highly? Mancini? Andersen?

Remind you that Rano once the highest rated young CB in Italy. Following by Rugani, Romagnoli. None of them come close.
    Last edited by PHM1605; 11 Jan 19 at 20:01.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    That's like what im saying for years. Remember when we had players like Palacio, Cassano, Guarin, we still managed to score 60-70 goals in a Serie A season. Playing with Icardi means also to have the right players arround him. It's not guaranteed that he will score more goals or make more assists.
    Like Napoli without Higuain. Even without him, they still scored a lot.

Thats interesting point, but turn out Palacio + Cassano + guarin only made 55 goal a season. Another interesting fact since Icardi become focal point of Inter attack, Inter lowest goal number is happen during Mancini era when he thought Icardi playing for team is would bring greater result, in the end Icardi only score 16 goal and other player cant catch up to fill the hole. Thats why Im always worried it could happen again this season and wishing other player can stepped up more.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by chipschups View Post
    (...) Another interesting fact since Icardi become focal point of Inter attack, Inter lowest goal number is happen during Mancini era when he thought Icardi playing for team is would bring greater result, in the end Icardi only score 16 goal and other player cant catch up to fill the hole. (...)
    Wrong. That 15/16 season we struggled to score because Mancini had no gameplay at all. He tried to stick to his crappy Medel-Melo-Kdog and Icardi was isolated upfront. Mancini didn't play false nine which requires Icardi to drop deep.

The most fluid match that season was ironically when Icardi was replaced by Jovetic and we played with Jojo-Ljajic-Brozo-Perisic vs Roma. But right afterwards Mancini switched back to his destroyers fetish.

Bonus:

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Wrong. That 15/16 season we struggled to score because Mancini had no gameplay at all. He tried to stick to his crappy Medel-Melo-Kdog and Icardi was isolated upfront. Mancini didn't play false nine which requires Icardi to drop deep.

The most fluid match that season was ironically when Icardi was replaced by Jovetic and we played with Jojo-Ljajic-Brozo-Perisic vs Roma. But right afterwards Mancini switched back to his destroyers fetish.

Bonus:

I think you have some loss memory, those three never play together more than three times. Kdog been dropped fast after Mancini realized he got scam and kdog no where near Yator. Melo only active at first half the rest of season he only the cameo. Medel indeed playing many games since Mancini have fetish to playing him as CB. There is only sure starter is Handa, Miranda, Murillo and Icardi.

Mancini flaw is he too much overthink same goes with Spalletti this season. Losing Salah as his prime RW and Yator as prime treq target basically ruin his plan. Also that Yator downgrade to Kdog isnt really helping at all.

Icardi
    Perisic --- Yator --- Salah
    Medel -- Brozo

This is his plan for that season, if he knew will failed get Salah and Yator, he probably not gonna sale Shaqiri too early since he is fit for Treq or RW. Then he got player who didnt fit at all and pretty much unbalance squad. He basically never had same line up for more than 3 games, mix and match line up every week since he had unbalanced squad.

He thought Jovetic will excel as treq like during his fiore day. But its not working at all, then he instruct Icardi to play more as a team to give a room for Jojo but its also failed, now with Lautaro it bit feel dejavu. Then he got Llajic who turn out more comfortable playing as inverted LWF than RWF while there is Perisic already. He try to move Pero to RW to accomodate Llajic but it failed badly.

Suddenly Llajic never seen anymore until he request for Eder in winter mercato lol at the end he use Brozo as RM/RW. Thats why following season his first request is RW and Treq which mgmt bought Candreva and Banega for him but then he never playing both of them got resign first.

7. Thanks (1): magnesium

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Who the fuck is Yator
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Who the fuck is Yator
    Probably Yaya Toure.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Sqnalkel View Post

I remember we were desperately trying to find the right CB's after we released experienced guys like Walter and Lucio. I think it took us 6-7 years to finally fix that zone and now I see this Like some respected frequenters of FIF say "don't fucking try to fix what is not broken"

as for Icardi's replacement, we have Lautaro who can not only replace him but overperform him as I do believe he has more potential than him. Yeah I know, praising Lautaro here is like dropping shit to a ventilation fan, but I am certain. If we trust him as we trusted Icardi 5 years ago he will become our next big thing in no time.

Vietnam

(...)
    And you have a problem with reading and compact writing Where did I say "Mancini kept those three played together"? You wrote a wall of text around...around... and nothing on topic. Let me help you by summarized what I posted:

1/ Mancini destroyer fetish and lack of gameplay caused us problem with scoring goals. He had to have at least one, usually 2, of those 3, didn't matter what situation was. The ultimate usage was the 9 defensive and 1 poacher lineup.

2/ Icardi scored less has nothing to do with dropping deep and helping the team. The reason was Icardi was totally isolated upfront.

Don't apply what you saw this season and excuse for 15/16. The only time Mancini instructed the focal being more involved, we played exceptionally well, and it wasn't with Icardi, but Jovetic. Spalletti is the only coach who tried to use Icardi deep.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

And you have a problem with reading and compact writing Where did I say "Mancini kept those three played together"? You wrote a wall of text around...around... and nothing on topic. Let me help you by summarized what I posted:

1/ Mancini destroyer fetish and lack of gameplay caused us problem with scoring goals. He had to have at least one, usually 2, of those 3, didn't matter what situation was. The ultimate usage was the 9 defensive and 1 poacher lineup.

2/ Icardi scored less has nothing to do with dropping deep and helping the team. The reason was Icardi was totally isolated upfront.

Don't apply what you saw this season and excuse for 15/16. The only time Mancini instructed the focal being more involved, we played exceptionally well, and it wasn't with Icardi, but Jovetic. Spalletti is the only coach who tried to use Icardi deep.
    Man you clearly need watching Inter games more or atleast read the news

Mancini has won so much before as a player, then as manager, can he help you?

“He, from day one, invited us to work with joy and told us to be more positive. He also started to work on the mental part, I do not know if there was negativity before, but there was a change of coach and now it is up to us to work well to change things.”

What has changed in the way you play after Mancini’s arrival?
    “The coaches always ask me the same things, to help the team and press, to participate in the game, as when I was in Sampdoria when I had to do everything alone, with Mazzarri I was calm and got used to wait for the cross to put the ball inside, now I’ll have to start over again.”
    https://sempreinter.com/2015/01/03/t...playing-style/

Icardi told Inter Channel: “In my view, I am a centre-forward and what I need to do is spread the defence. Nobody looks at that, but it’s useful.
    “I almost go offside and pull the defenders back. We play with three in the trequartista role and if I spread the defence, then those behind me get more space to come forward. I can’t go back to get the ball, as otherwise we’ll all get crammed together.
    “When I arrived at Inter, I was a centre-forward who stood in the box and that was it. With Mazzarri I was just in the penalty area and that was all. Mancini was the first who asked me to do other things.
    http://www.squawka.com/en/news/manci...-icardi/952883

Mancini is the first one who asked him to be complete forward and Icardi admitted himself Mancini changed his style from previous under Mazzari.

13. Thanks (2): magnesium, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    People need to calm their tits down. The media is having field day with this shit. No matter the real situation behind the scenes, they make it like 10 times worse.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Thats interesting point, but turn out Palacio + Cassano + guarin only made 55 goal a season. Another interesting fact since Icardi become focal point of Inter attack, Inter lowest goal number is happen during Mancini era when he thought Icardi playing for team is would bring greater result, in the end Icardi only score 16 goal and other player cant catch up to fill the hole. Thats why Im always worried it could happen again this season and wishing other player can stepped up more.
    No we made 62 goals. It was the year where Icardi came in the winter mercato. He wasn't every match starter but still scored 9 goals. So he was something like Lautaro is now. But the most goals came from Palacio (19).
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Vietnam

Man you clearly need watching Inter games more or atleast read the news
    (...)
    Mancini is the first one who asked him to be complete forward and Icardi admitted himself Mancini changed his style from previous under Mazzari.
    I think you are the one spent most of the time watching highlights,read statistics and read articles instead of watching games live You are using stats of 15/16 season and you give me article on 3/1/2015? That's the latter part of 2014/2015 season ffs.

Let me tell about the difference.
    - 14/15 was when Mancini had only Medel as the DM. There were still Kovacic, Hernanes, and Shaqiri as AMC. That might be the time Icardi was told to move out wide to create space because we had enough threat in the middle. Icardi had to, actually, because we used 4-3-1-2 and had no wingers out wide. But such creative midfielders were never his optimal choices.

-15/16: he sold Kovacic, Shaqiri, Hernanees; bought Melo, Kdog to start his destroyer fetish. The rest I have written clear previously.

Might be I missed a word that confused you. Spalletti is the only coach who successfully use Icardi deep. Happy?

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Side effects of the winter break

18. Thanks (1): nerazzurri4life

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

I think you are the one spent most of the time watching highlights,read statistics and read articles instead of watching games live You are using stats of 15/16 season and you give me article on 3/1/2015? That's the latter part of 2014/2015 season ffs.

Let me tell about the difference.
    - 14/15 was when Mancini had only Medel as the DM. There were still Kovacic, Hernanes, and Shaqiri as AMC. That might be the time Icardi was told to move out wide to create space because we had enough threat in the middle. Icardi had to, actually, because we used 4-3-1-2 and had no wingers out wide. But such creative midfielders were never his choices.

-15/16: he sold Kovacic, Shaqiri, Hernanees; bought Melo, Kdog to start his destroyer fetish. The rest I have written clear previously.

Might be I missed a word that confused you. Spalletti is the only coach who successfully use Icardi deep. Happy?
    Spalletti 'success' not happen in one night, its part of Icardi transformation which start by Mancini when he took over from Mazzari and pointed out he wants Icardi do more. And Icardi still get instructed like that in following 15/16 season.

You pointed out Inter bought Melo and kdog but ignorung the fact he also bought the balkans as his creative force that season even more technical and skillfull than our current rooster but too bad it doesnt work like he want it. Then that 9 defender + 1 poacher bs, damn you probably mistaken with mazzari season.

- - - Updated - - -

No we made 62 goals. It was the year where Icardi came in the winter mercato. He wasn't every match starter but still scored 9 goals. So he was something like Lautaro is now. But the most goals came from Palacio (19).
    Cassano gone when Mazzari coming, Thats Palacio - Icardi - Guarin during that season and Icardi almost play in every games at second half of the season.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Cassano gone when Mazzari coming, Thats Palacio - Icardi - Guarin during that season and Icardi almost play in every games at second half of the season.
    yeah but the first half we had cassano and there was no Icardi, he came in the winter and as i said scored 9 goal.

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I love wanda's tits and happen to think they have considerable influence on these negotiations.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

yeah but the first half we had cassano and there was no Icardi, he came in the winter and as i said scored 9 goal.
    You are so wrong. Cassano and Icardi never played together. Cassano left in the 13/14 summer and Icardi came around the same time. He scored two goals and then he got injured most of the first half of the season.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    You are so wrong. Cassano and Icardi never played together. Cassano left in the 13/14 summer and Icardi came around the same time. He scored two goals and then he got injured most of the first half of the season.
    I never said that Cassano played with Icardi. Ccassano left while Icardi joined (in january)

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    as for Icardi's replacement, we have Lautaro who can not only replace him but overperform him as I do believe he has more potential than him. Yeah I know, praising Lautaro here is like dropping shit to a ventilation fan, but I am certain. If we trust him as we trusted Icardi 5 years ago he will become our next big thing in no time.
    That won't be smart move since Lautaro's and Icardi's situation isn't same at all. Icardi already played in Serie A before he joined us. In his first season I'msure he played less than Lautaro now and he scored 9 goals and outperforemed Belfodil who was brought alongside him. Then he got promoted in first squad but he wasn't the lone striker and there were proven and experienced forwards in Palacio and Osvaldo he competed with. It was there he sored 26 goals that season and estableshid himself as the star player of the team. Making Lautaro our main forward already next season and expecting him to be as good as Icardi would be much more rushing move, even tough he seems much more talented and more intersting player then Icardi did back in the day, I think then even more we need to be careful with him.