View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

168 76.02%
  • No

53 23.98%
Page 1040 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 4054094099010301037103810391040104110421043105010901140 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,800 of 23994

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Dude, that's nothing. Who cares about what Wanda is saying other than gossip papers, tabloids and trash tv? Is that why you are all acting as if someone put a lightning up your arse? You give credit to all that and feel gutted when they report things you don't like?

So you want captain material? I see Gerrard as a point of reference more often than not. The guy who has a press conference saying he will go to fucking Chelsea if they don't offer him a pay increase. This is a guy who wrote books about loyalty and love for his team which he supported since birth... Liverpool didn't strip him of the captaincy, they came through and kept their captain home. Do you ever hear about this Gerrard fiasco now? No, you keep hearing what a wonderful leader he was! Why? Because Liverpool didn't want to lose one of their most important players, especially to a rival... Guess what we've been doing for 5 months now!

Sol Campbell is another example. Captain of the Spurs, was offered a club record contract to fulfill his statement of staying there forever, but instead moved to Arsenal for less money... A Spurs captain to Arsenal. Anyone who knows a thing or two about English football understands what this means.

I could bring up more examples of course, but there are far more examples of clubs misbehaving against their own captains. And that includes Inter against Zanetti, Roma against Totti, Juventus against Del Piero, Lazio against Nesta, Real Madrid against Raul and so many more. The Icardi-Inter situation is not far from the Nesta debacle.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Well, the team cared. There's a difference saying you'll move to Chelsea instead of Gerrard's wife/agent/boss pubicly saying Robbie Fowler's a bad scorer, Kuyt doesn't know how to cross, and that Gerrard's carrying the team on his back, etc..

Both sides in our story are wrong. Inter should've handled it better, but that does not excuse Icardi for acting like a little child. Hiding behind injuries because his ego was broken.

Also, needless to say Icardi was never captain material to begin with.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I've never seen anything close to what Icardi has done with/to/because of inter.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

4. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Greece

Well, I've never seen a player go unpunished for faking an injury for 40 days. Why didn't Inter react to that?

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    I feel like, what Wanda and Icardi did, as "Wanda and Icardi against the world", and now I see Brehme, "Brehme against the world".
    I saw some similarities ..No offense bro...

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Recoba

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Well, I've never seen a player go unpunished for faking an injury for 40 days. Why didn't Inter react to that?
    Inter did. He's leaving.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

So you want captain material? I see Gerrard as a point of reference more often than not. The guy who has a press conference saying he will go to fucking Chelsea if they don't offer him a pay increase. This is a guy who wrote books about loyalty and love for his team which he supported since birth... Liverpool didn't strip him of the captaincy, they came through and kept their captain home. Do you ever hear about this Gerrard fiasco now? No, you keep hearing what a wonderful leader he was! Why? Because Liverpool didn't want to lose one of their most important players, especially to a rival... Guess what we've been doing for 5 months now!
    I find it laughable that you compare Gerrard aka Mr. Liverpool with Icardi but here we go...

If Icardi, weeks after a historic CL final where he almost single handily drags us back from a 3-0 defecit and then we go on to win, hands in a transfer request to Lazio because a) Lazio are the most dominant force in italy ie guaranteed trophies b) Lazio are coached by Klopp or Guardiola c) Lazio offered more money (x3) d) Inter showed no signs of closing closing the gap and challenging Lazio, and then literally the next day does a 180, proclaims his love for his boyhood club and says Inter is where is heart is, I'd be the first to give the armband. But that's nothing like what happened.

Gerrard even admits to have acted like a cunt and in fact the club execs never improved their contract renewal offer. So in the end Mr Liverpool retracted his threats and signed what was put in front of him. Now contrast with Icardi.

As for Sol, he's still branded a Judas by Spurs. Not sure what comparison you were trying to make there. Try Rooney maybe.

PS I think a good number of Liverpool fans would have been understanding of Gerrards situation. He had literally given his all to the club but the suits weren't showing anywhere near the same level of commitment.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Greece

Why is he Mr Liverpool when he ended up threatening the club he loves? Why would he even do that in the first place?

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I was watching Lavar Ball’s interview after trade and he reminded me on Wanda. I hope for same result.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

What can they do, beat him up? Suspend him? Lots of legal grey area here with icardi insisting he was hurt, and inter being unable to prove it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Vietnam

Have you ever seen any player(s) were punished for faking injury to begin with?

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Why is he Mr Liverpool when he ended up threatening the club he loves? Why would he even do that in the first place?
    Did you read what I wrote or did you just skim through it? There is no comparison to be made here. Not to mention Gerrard always had a fantastic relationship with the fans and his team mates. Oh and he offered to give up the captaincy for his trouble but the offer was turned down.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Icard's the exception. At Inter, we punish the players with injury. See Sneijder's mystery flu, Adriano's sudden injury to mask his alcoholism.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Icard's the exception. At Inter, we punish the players with injury. See Sneijder's mystery flu, Adriano's sudden injury to mask his alcoholism.
    Not sure if you really got the context. Those are not "punishment". For Sneijder, he didn't do anything wrong to be punished. For Adriano, we tried to help him.

18. Thanks (1): bjwam4

Greece

He costs the club around 9 million a year to kick a ball, I'd expect the club to do some noise if it felt that someone is faking to stop doing his work which cost us a little more than 1m. Don't you think legal action or at least an imposing fine was warranted here if the club had grounds that the player was faking? No one donates millions like that.

Haven't heard of a player faking injury to be honest except for that Brazilian who changed 20 clubs without ever playing a game. Maybe only to avoid international football.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

There was a guy who faked injury to watch Ajax match after which got his contract terminated
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

He costs the club around 9 million a year to kick a ball, I'd expect the club to do some noise if it felt that someone is faking to stop doing his work which cost us a little more than 1m. Don't you think legal action or at least an imposing fine was warranted here if the club had grounds that the player was faking? No one donates millions like that.

Haven't heard of a player faking injury to be honest except for that Brazilian who changed 20 clubs without ever playing a game. Maybe only to avoid international football.
    If you are saying that the club should have taken action in a stronger way, I may agree to some extent with you.

BUT if you are implying that because the club hasn't taken stronger measures that means Icardi wasn't actually faking an injury, that would be on your part an example of a fallacy called "circular reasoning": using the thesis as proof.

There may be various reasons why the club wasn't stricter on him, despite him faking an injury:

1. It's not easy to prove.

2. They didn't want to completely burn bridges with the player;

3. There was the qualification to champions League at stake and if, for example, the club had suspended him for some weeks, that could have hurt the team, so they might have decided to avoid it for what in that moment appeared to be the greater good.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

23. Thanks (2): MVD, PHM1605

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Inter7 View Post
    Enjoy having him score goals against us and bitching next season when we lose against Juve. It's what most of us deserve.
    I will sleep like a baby every night bro. We didn’t beat Juve with him anyways.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

25. Thanks (5): ADRossi, D-Sky, MVD, rfU, Wings

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    They put out a statement on twitter and the official website that his scans are no different than his start of the year scans. But then they "Negotiate" his return to the squad and he even starts a few matches at the end.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    If you are saying that the club should have taken action in a stronger way, I may agree to some extent with you.

BUT if you are implying that because the club hasn't taken stronger measures that means Icardi wasn't actually faking an injury, that would be on your part an example of a fallacy called "circular reasoning": using the thesis as proof.

There may be various reasons why the club wasn't stricter on him, despite him faking an injury:

1. It's not easy to prove.

2. They didn't want to completely burn bridges with the player;

3. There was the qualification to champions League at stake and if, for example, the club had suspended him for some weeks, that could have hurt the team, so they might have decided to avoid it for what in that moment appeared to be the greater good.

No one argues that Icardi is smart. He's very close to the definition of a complete moron.

I mean this is a guy who managed to lose respect at a club where he told Spalletti in a heated conversation "I'll be here next season and you won't". It's perfect irony for the fans of irony, but for Inter that's just a bad joke. It's also rumoured that this is the main reason why Conte doesn't want to keep Icardi at the team despite being neutral before having the details.
    In a way it's the equivalent of a kid saying "my dad will kick your butt" backfiring. You end up getting a wedgie or a beating.

But I don't think he faked an injury. He had that, we knew about it already but we never heard the extent. Inter made an announcement saying absolutely nothing regarding this. It's as if I say that the sky has the same colour it had yesterday. Means jack shit and doesn't prove if it was cloudy or no. He definitely tried to milk the situation into his favour and hoped that someone would have gotten his back since he wasn't the only one with a grudge against Spalletti. He also hoped that the management would sack him or at least tell him he's finished, as it was clear with Marotta that there'd be no future for Spallo at the end of the season.

Icardi was not playing for a long while. At some point it seemed like he'd never play again for Inter. There were many chances for Inter to officially make a statement regarding this. Now we're only going to have generalities about how Icardi did not resect this and that and that it is time to move on and soap opera crap like that. Icardi did feature at some point of course, but all we had from the club was Marotta discussing contract renewal, Spalletti talking about some lawyers and Icardi not saying shit, though we had Wanda spreading her toxicity around.

If they didn't want to burn bridges, they wouldn't have taken away the captaincy. They'd resolve it. As for the timing, the season is over and we've yet to hear about any fines against Icardi.

Conte uomo di merda