View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

168 76.02%
  • No

53 23.98%
Page 785 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 285685735775782783784785786787788795835885 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,700 of 23994

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    Inter should be smart. Sell him now is better, then buy Chiesa/Barella/SMS with this money.

Chiesa/Barella/SMS/Lautaro > Politano/Borja/Vecino/Icardi
    I agree: we should learn from our past. Remember when we had the chance to sell Sneijder, Milito and Maicon for amazing offers? Sneijder and Maicon left for peanuts and Milito, well, he kept being boss, but IIRC he missed a season due to an injury.

I love Mauro, but if he wants to leave, so be it, no player is bigger than the club. If we can't afford his demands, then sell him, use that money to rebuild the midfield and consolidate Lautaro.

If he leaves, it's not the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

2. Thanks (3): Alex de Large, wera, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

This situation annoys me. Inter is getting treated like a pussy club from someone who is apparently our captain.
    Icardi is a good player but not that good that i would refuse all offers. We are not talking about Ronaldo or someone like Griezman. It's sad because he rappresented Inter in this years, he is one of the most important players and also our captain (even if i don't see him as a true captain). But this story has to end. Everyone will get what he deserves. 7+bonus is a good offer. 9-10M are too much tbh. so:

1) accept or 2) chau chau
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

4. Thanks (4): Batman, hitmax, PHM1605, yoszee

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    Inter should be smart. Sell him now is better, then buy Chiesa/Barella/SMS with this money.

Chiesa/Barella/SMS/Lautaro > Politano/Borja/Vecino/Icardi
    When I read this i've got the idea people are playing Football Manager to much. How much will we get for Icardi? Let's do crazy and say 150 million? With the money thats left we maybe could buy SMS or maybe Chiesa and Barella. No way we suddenly can afford 3 players with the wages that come along.

And again: When we sell our players for alot of money every player we are interested in will be 10/20% more expensive then before. So it's not like we sell Icardi and all of the sudden we can go on an spending spree.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    When I read this i've got the idea people are playing Football Manager to much. How much will we get for Icardi? Let's do crazy and say 150 million? With the money thats left we maybe could buy SMS or maybe Chiesa and Barella. No way we suddenly can afford 3 players with the wages that come along.

And again: When we sell our players for alot of money every player we are interested in will be 10/20% more expensive then before. So it's not like we sell Icardi and all of the sudden we can go on an spending spree.
    FFP doesn't work like that IIRC. We sell Icardi, his value is depreciated already, we bought him years ago for 13M so what we make out of this deal is pure capital gains.

We buy a player for 100M on 5M wages (10M before tax) on a five-year contract that makes 150M over five years which is 30M a year. That's what's relevant for the FFP balance.

I'm not entirely sure about that but there are people here that can expand on that or disprove me.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Isnt the agreement expiring this summer?

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

aaaand we got a response:

“As of today, Icardi is very far away from renewing with Inter. There are very important clubs interested in contacting Icardi, the two most important clubs in Spain with whom we have excellent relationship, plus a club from England and a French team. We are far from reaching an agreement, the figures that are being discussed in Italy are not true. We have not yet received a satisfactory proposal from Inter.”

Wanda continues, “I do not deny that at we can reach agreement at any moment but today, we are still very distant. It is not logical to renew the contract for the amount that Mauro makes today. We believe that Mauro is at a higher level.”

While I was surprised with the first statement, now it seems like just putting pressure on Inter, nothing else. Rightfully so, in my opinion.

Curious what they are offering if she things the figures are not right...

10. Thanks (2): Black Knight, Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

12. Thanks (3): Devious, ElDuccio, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Fuck her for wanting to get his client/husband what he deserves,right?

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Watching this team for 20 years I've learned not to get married to players so I'm fine with him leaving. We seem to have stabilized our management and ownership position and can look forward to becoming football giants again with or without Icardi. The only place he really fits is chelsea and maybe Man U. Real would be the star move but things don't look great for them in the near term. Another point of value is that strikers are mostly valued by their goal output, and there are players with similar goal/minute ratios as icardi, yet are worth half his market value. Numbers don't tell the whole story but they are quite telling. Ideally he stays, but 120+ mil coming back isn't such a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

15. Thanks (3): ElDuccio, varmin, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Watching this team for 20 years I've learned not to get married to players so I'm fine with him leaving. We seem to have stabilized our management and ownership position and can look forward to becoming football giants again with or without Icardi. The only place he really fits is chelsea and maybe Man U. Real would be the star move but things don't look great for them in the near term. Another point of value is that strikers are mostly valued by their goal output, and there are players with similar goal/minute ratios as icardi, yet are worth half his market value. Numbers don't tell the whole story but they are quite telling. Ideally he stays, but 120+ mil coming back isn't such a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    While I agree that we shouldnt get attached to a player,the real question is who are we bringing in though to replace Icardi? And is there a striker with consistent goal/min ratio for few seasons similar to Icardi?

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Look, he deserves more money no questions asked. We can complain all we want but when we see others like dzecko, higuain, dybala earning way more than Icardi he has every right to be paid as well as these guys, in all honesty he should be getting more, so I can have no complaints and if he chooses not to renew and to leave, then fuck the management, not Icardi. Its quite clear if Icardi gets paid what he deserves he would be happy to stay.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMafia View Post
    Wanda continues, “I do not deny that at we can reach agreement at any moment but today, we are still very distant. It is not logical to renew the contract for the amount that Mauro makes today. We believe that Mauro is at a higher level.”
    Is she saying we didn't even offer a raise, are we retarded
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    And tbh Mino Raiola or those kind of selfish cunts could be worst than Wanda.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Is she saying we didn't even offer a raise, are we retarded
    It's Wanda, so take that with a pinch of salt.
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Media leaving parts of the interview out to make more spectacular story, what a shocker!

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Good test for Steven and management team. The one thing is to organize world-class SMM team to promote Inter digitally, produce awesome and entertaining videoclips developing Youtube channel, etc., the other is to ensure balance and behave according to chosen strategy with ruthlessness and tenacity, but at the same time with class and dignity.

Would you sell your arguably best player because you don't want to pay him more than said amount of money hence ensuring that salary value distribution will be fair and won't disrupt locker room balance or P&L balance? Or would you actually pay him as much as he or his wife want, hence risking the situation when in a couple of years for even more ridiculous amount of money? Of course I would like Icardi to stay at all costs (10m EUR net salary, for instance) but this is tough managerial case. It must be solved in the most professional manner, as I said, it's very delicate moment for our President. Producing funny "smart black guy" parodies when presenting Asamoah is one thing. The other thing is managing the squad correctly and this requires top skills.

For people who will (maybe) claim that we can cash in with Icardi's sale, and then use that money to raise the quality of our shit midfield, well, two things must be noted:

1) The major purchases must occur before Icardi will be sold otherwise anyone will charge us 50+ mln for any mediocre player like Simeone Jr and we will buy average players for huge money like with Joao Mario or worse yet, Gabigol.
    2)Major sales being reinvested surely greatly increase squad depth (think about Tottenham selling Bale and buying loads of players, it didn't help them much next year), but generally you will end up with the squad able to survive through 3 competitions but never having any real first team top players (you could sell Icardi and buy De Paul, Sensi, etc. and you will not fear any injury crisis even like in 2012-13 season but top teams like Juve or foreign clubs would crush us in Serie A or UCL cause we just lack top quality).
    Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's just a negotiation tactic. I just find it distasteful since he's a team captain and keeps saying how he loves Inter and so on but goes public with all these comments.

25. Thanks (2): Big Willy, forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    It's just a negotiation tactic. I just find it distasteful since he's a team captain and keeps saying how he loves Inter and so on but goes public with all these comments.
    If Inter is lowballing or expecting a discount, then he can do what he wants. Big part of this is PR too so that if shit goes south, he doesn't look bad.

And we know Inter is the king of lowball (Skriniar & Icardi)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    If Inter is lowballing or expecting a discount, then he can do what he wants. Big part of this is PR too so that if shit goes south, he doesn't look bad.

And we know Inter is the king of lowball (Skriniar & Icardi)
    This,I can see it as a vicious cycle:
    Sell icardi->strengthen mid but weaken attack->sell skriniar to strengthen attack but weaken defense and so on.
    If we really are serious about going for the top to "crush everyone",we should never sell our backbone which in this case are Icardi and Skriniar. But we are inter, we would rather fuck ourselves in the ass than meet our most important players' reasonable demands.

28. Thanks (1): Rain

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Interesting article from Goal.com about Icardi just out - The last of a dying breed: Why we should enjoy 'assassin' Icardi while we still can. Extra relevant for Inter fans.

Also this:

Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti