View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 82.50%
  • No

21 17.50%
Page 893 of 960 FirstFirst ... 393793843883890891892893894895896903943 ... LastLast
Results 17,841 to 17,860 of 19187

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    So we agree that Icardi has to apologize for Wanda?

But at the same time the management that leaks that half the team will be sold - as they are deemed not good enough - is going to penalize a player, the captain, because his agent/wife says that he needs better players around him? A fine in private would have sufficed. And there are better or easier ways to refrain that from repeating. Tell Wanda to shut her mouth, which is hard, but still. It might sink in eventually after 3-4 fines.

2. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    So we agree that Icardi has to apologize for Wanda?
    Absolutely....
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    So why is the perisic-politano drama all in the press today? Why did FiF bring it up in the match thread? All of this before Wanda said a thing.

We are creating our own drama and the media loves it.
    Yeah, I'm sure that media comes to FIF to sniff out for new articles. "We" are not creating anything, to anyone with functional gift of sight is clear as a day that Perisic interrupted Politano's celebration. Why, I don't know, but it's certainly peculiar given the current situation.

I'm fairly certain that Rwandan Inter fan page on facebook with all of its 17 members holds more merit to media than an antiquated discussion board. Lighten up a little bit.

Wanda saying she would rather have 5 passes for Icardi per match than whatever the rest of the sentence was, that is hardly leaking top secret information about players deemed not good enough. As if that is a secret, all the fans know that half the squad is either on its way out or should be sold. This is purely about the intentional lack of respect from her towards Inter while appearing in public.

Handanovic saying "we can't talk about Icardi any more" and Marotta coming out with more or less the same statement means that this is all going under the carpet. Icardi can fake his hypochondria until summer but I expected the management to take a harder stand. Marotta is not doing enough.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Nah mate...it's simple. Balkans, e.g. our Hasan... are men of men. They run the household. They don't let their wife speak on their behalf to the world, especially when she says shit that ruins the home reputation. They don't fuck their friends girls or flaunt online. That's the role of the female.

What he did to Maxi, was an absolute DOG move. You don't do that. You do not do that to his kids. He refused to let him see them. HE MADE THEM CALL HIM DADDY.

Icardi is hated in Argentina for that.

This, in addition to his IG and showpony lifestyle, has ensured he is disliked by such men.
    Likely very true to be honest. I personally keep myself from what one might call lowbrow or caveman alpha male behaviour/ideology. That said, I'm not for all this liberal PC bullshit either.

Regardless of what the intellectual haven that is FIF might object, as you say, it's very easy for 'such men' (likely many footballers), to take one look at Icardi's image and relationship and think "what a fucking rat". This is something that's been on my radar for a long time and it seems has reached a boiling point. Regardless of what I might or might not think, for better or worse, there will be a great proportion of people who don't respect Icardi on the basis of such issues e.g. "betraying" his friend and marrying his ex-wife etc.

A separate thought, but to reiterate, I'm personally convinced that some of the disdain comes from the way he plays too. I've always said he's a limited player, closer to a poacher. Everyone knows it can be irritating when someone you work with is unable to do some of the things that you believe he should be able to do. Standing by that assessment I'd say that the way Icardi plays creates some annoyance for some teammates over time, especially when things aren't going well, as they so frequently don't at this club.

I remember Osvaldo saying something along the lines of "Icardi doesn't know how to play football". Read between the lines, that criticism is aimed at what Osvaldo perceives as a lack of game sense - when to pass, when to move, when to do this or that. It's an assessment I feel holds some truth. Icardi is elite as some things, but his off-the-ball movement and finishing aside, he lacks a certain sense or ability that other creative or technical forwards (like Jovetic) might have. Like I said, I felt like Perisic and Jovetic in particular (Brozovic/Ljajic to a much lesser degree) exhibited some derision over Icardi's inability to "play" football like they did or wanted to, being more technical players. In fact, I feel like we've seen a 21 year old Martinez easily showcase more of a natural and inherent tendency towards buildup/involvement than Icardi ever has in just a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    bro...that's all locker rooms for any professional sport. Everybody isn't honky dory having tea and biscuits on the weekends. Even in our treble year, there were groups and cliques in our squad. It's normal.

But some are saying well, maybe this is why perisic was playing bad, yet brozovic was playing near world class football week-in week-out? Yet perisic was playing his best football for the prior 2 years WITH ICARDI?

That's why it's a bunch of bs to me.
    I'd say that Perisic or Brozovic playing well etc happened in spite of any disharmony or dislike between them, as opposed to being evidence that such disharmony didn't exist. Simply put, Perisic played well because he is a very good player, in spite of any discontent that may or may not have been present.

As for Brozovic, I'd say his transformation from misused rotation midfielder to a core starter was all internal, and unrelated to anyone or anything external (such as Icardi). He always seemed like a headcase, then suddenly he became a father, found his best position on the pitch and started enjoying his football and acting with maturity. All of a sudden he started posting all this 'leader-like' stuff on social media, "vogliamo CL", "forza Inter" etc, when he didn't previously. The guy said himself becoming a father changed everything for him and made him more mature. I think that motivation plus his own growth on the pitch is what led him to play well - it has nothing to do with Icardi.

Back to Ivan though: recently, whether due to some discontent, a turbulent club atmosphere, maybe an honest desire to play in the EPL etc, Perisic hasn't looked as sharp in the past 12 months. We all know he was close to moving to Man Utd before the start of last season. That fell through, and he signed a new contract with us until 2022 on the back of some expectations no doubt (not to mention a pay raise).

Whether fair or not, it seems Perisic felt like those expectations were not met. I'd say he started showing it from December 2017 onwards. That is when he mysteriously stopped following Icardi on instagram etc. Laugh all you want, but you need to open your app, scroll through your following list and unfollow people. It's not something one does for no reason. Icardi even unfollowed his own wife for a period of time.

Basically it just seems like whatever problems, fair or unfair, real or imagined, have accumulated and reached a point where they started to disillusion Perisic in particular with life at Inter - to the point where regardless of being a good player, it's annoyed him enough to affect his effort on the pitch. I don't think it's BS at all.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

There's 13 matches left. We must keep a champions League spot, then both perisic and Icardi can leave, for different reasons.

As far as I'm concerned, icardi can undergo a knee surgery (if he finds a surgeons willing to do that on a healthy knee ), he won't be helping the team anyway.

Quite the opposite.

At least, if he's out for injury, we will be finally focusing on the pitch only.

On a side note. Icardi thinks he's a man. But of course, he isn't: first of all, he's hiding behind his wife; secondly, part of being a man is do your duty, teach your children with your example to earn your money honestly, which he isn't doing anymore at this point.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Likely very true to be honest. I personally keep myself from what one might call lowbrow or caveman alpha male behaviour/ideology. That said, I'm not for all this liberal PC bullshit either.

Regardless of what the intellectual haven that is FIF might object, as you say, it's very easy for 'such men' (likely many footballers), to take one look at Icardi's image and relationship and think "what a fucking rat". This is something that's been on my radar for a long time and it seems has reached a boiling point. Regardless of what I might or might not think, for better or worse, there will be a great proportion of people who don't respect Icardi on the basis of such issues e.g. "betraying" his friend and marrying his ex-wife etc.

A separate thought, but to reiterate, I'm personally convinced that some of the disdain comes from the way he plays too. I've always said he's a limited player, closer to a poacher. Everyone knows it can be irritating when someone you work with is unable to do some of the things that you believe he should be able to do. Standing by that assessment I'd say that the way Icardi plays creates some annoyance for some teammates over time, especially when things aren't going well, as they so frequently don't at this club.

I remember Osvaldo saying something along the lines of "Icardi doesn't know how to play football". Read between the lines, that criticism is aimed at what Osvaldo perceives as a lack of game sense - when to pass, when to move, when to do this or that. It's an assessment I feel holds some truth. Icardi is elite as some things, but his off-the-ball movement and finishing aside, he lacks a certain sense or ability that other creative or technical forwards (like Jovetic) might have. Like I said, I felt like Perisic and Jovetic in particular (Brozovic/Ljajic to a much lesser degree) exhibited some derision over Icardi's inability to "play" football like they did or wanted to, being more technical players. In fact, I feel like we've seen a 21 year old Martinez easily showcase more of a natural and inherent tendency towards buildup/involvement than Icardi ever has in just a few games.

I'd say that Perisic or Brozovic playing well etc happened in spite of any disharmony or dislike between them, as opposed to being evidence that such disharmony didn't exist. Simply put, Perisic played well because he is a very good player, in spite of any discontent that may or may not have been present.

As for Brozovic, I'd say his transformation from misused rotation midfielder to a core starter was all internal, and unrelated to anyone or anything external (such as Icardi). He always seemed like a headcase, then suddenly he became a father, found his best position on the pitch and started enjoying his football and acting with maturity. All of a sudden he started posting all this 'leader-like' stuff on social media, "vogliamo CL", "forza Inter" etc, when he didn't previously. The guy said himself becoming a father changed everything for him and made him more mature. I think that motivation plus his own growth on the pitch is what led him to play well - it has nothing to do with Icardi.

Back to Ivan though: recently, whether due to some discontent, a turbulent club atmosphere, maybe an honest desire to play in the EPL etc, Perisic hasn't looked as sharp in the past 12 months. We all know he was close to moving to Man Utd before the start of last season. That fell through, and he signed a new contract with us until 2022 on the back of some expectations no doubt (not to mention a pay raise).

Whether fair or not, it seems Perisic felt like those expectations were not met. I'd say he started showing it from December 2017 onwards. That is when he mysteriously stopped following Icardi on instagram etc. Laugh all you want, but you need to open your app, scroll through your following list and unfollow people. It's not something one does for no reason. Icardi even unfollowed his own wife for a period of time.

Basically it just seems like whatever problems, fair or unfair, real or imagined, have accumulated and reached a point where they started to disillusion Perisic in particular with life at Inter - to the point where regardless of being a good player, it's annoyed him enough to affect his effort on the pitch. I don't think it's BS at all.
    we are essentially saying the same. I didn't insinuate them playing well meant the team had no issues. It's that whatever issues there were, it wasn't a big enough deal to stop them from performing well; and thus, it cannot be big enough to make them perform shit.

You can't say Perisic performed well in-spite of Icardi, but then also say, Icardi made perisic play shit post world-cup, and now perisic's return to form is because Icardi is out. That doesn't make any sense.

And all of this is due to a bad stretch in January (sass til first rapid game)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

10. Thanks (1): Devious

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    teach your children with your example to earn your money honestly, which he isn't doing anymore at this point.
    His children won't work a day in their life.

Maybe Maxi's though.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Skriniar on instagram: "Uniti" (united)

Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#InterIsGone

antijinx

14. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, MVD, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    His children won't work a day in their life.

Maybe Maxi's though.
    they are also wandas children so no way they ll ever need to work. Even if mauro one day divorces her ther is no way he made her sign a prenup and you know she s gonna take every last cent she can get her hands on,
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    Good way to start an argument.
    SMH these pro-Icardi/anti-management guys...

We get it, Icardi doesn't want to invest 100% in a team that's not 100% invested in him. He feels the club hasn't acted professionally, so why should he. Right?

But is Icardi getting paid by the club? Does he have a contract with the club? Ok, then be professional and do the job you're paid to do. Simple. Enough with the bullshit.

It's sad, we're living in a pampered society, everyone's entitled to what they want, everyone's a victim, etc. Instead taking the demotion as motivation to work harder in training and improve his game, prove everyone by doing his talking on the pitch, he acts like a lil bitch and goes crying to his wife.

Ship his ass out in the summer. In fact, let him go to Juve. In Skriniar we trust.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    So frustrating to read this thread when posters want to categorize others to pro-Icardi/anti-management or pro-management/anti-Icardi groups. I don't want to be categorized to any group (not saying anyone has categorized me to any group). I've been criticizing management for some of their actions, because some here think they have done like NOTHING wrong in this case. That EVERYTHING is on Icardi. I feel that lots of this is because of Icardi-Wanda but he hasn't created this mess alone.

Discussion is way too polarized because if one says anything anti-management, he/she is categorized pro-Icardi then here we go. We gotta understand they are all people, human beings, Icardi and even Wanda. It would be better to try to go to their position and think WHY are they acting like how they are acting. Again, I'm not pro-Icardi or pro-management. In my opinion both have done mistakes, Icardi-Wanda have probably done more mistakes than the management to get us to this situation. But I want to avoid polarization where other party is 100% right and the other party 100% wrong.
    Last edited by CafeCordoba; 25 Feb 19 at 18:22.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    Skriniar on instagram: "Uniti" (united)

Icardi is not on this photo. Does it mean that Skrinio is in Brozo/Perisic camp?
    Last edited by varmin; 26 Feb 19 at 03:43.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Icardi is on this photo.
    I would like to get my hands on the weed you are smoking.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    So frustrating to read this thread when posters want to categorize others to pro-Icardi/anti-management or pro-management/anti-Icardi groups.
    I'm pro inter. Whatever is stopping us from getting a top 4 finish is anti-inter, hence my stance on Icardi. It's his overreaction to losing the captaincy thats led to this shit show. In fact, if he had hired a competent professional to be his agent instead of his loud mouth wife we wouldn't be in this mess. Think about that.

We gotta understand they are all people, human beings, Icardi and even Wanda. It would be better to try to go to their position and think WHY are they acting like how they are acting.
    Simple. Money. Always comes down to that. And pussy. But none of that is important. Let icardi respect his employment contract, his employers, the fans and suit up. We need him out there.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    L'pool Youtube

Yugoslavia

Been saying this guy is a cunt since he married his bro's girl back then.
    Hey icardick lovers, INTER made his value skyrocketed 100M, not by his effort alone.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    I'm pro inter. Whatever is stopping us from getting a top 4 finish is anti-inter, hence my stance on Icardi. It's his overreaction to losing the captaincy thats led to this shit show. In fact, if he had hired a competent professional to be his agent instead of his loud mouth wife we wouldn't be in this mess. Think about that.

Simple. Money. Always comes down to that. And pussy. But none of that is important. Let icardi respect his employment contract, his employers, the fans and suit up. We need him out there.
    This is what I'm talking about. You state an easy explanation of all this. Everything is on Icardi and he can fuck off. End of it.

Sick and tired of this kind of argumentation. Guess I might have to come back to this thread once Icardi comes back to play or when he's getting dealt in the summer.

24. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogen View Post
    Fantantonio is straightforward and spoke like the interista he is. I guess Wanda couldn't miss the chance to flip out.

Journalist Sandro Sabatini: "Inter said they took this decision [stripping the armband] like a father [because sons must grow up]".
    Wanda: "Nobody can teach Mauro how to be a father, he raised 3 children who are not his".
    There goes the point, out of the window.
    0.50 - 0.56

My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

28. Thanks (1): Rain

Fav. Player
    JZ4

This is what I'm talking about. You state an easy explanation of all this. Everything is on Icardi and he can fuck off. End of it.
    Of course not. But if we want to move forward instead of going in circles endlessly. Again if Icardi had instead hired a pro agent, would we be in this mess?

Do you follow NBA? Last month Lakers / Magic / LeBron tried to trade 6 players for another player of the Pelicans (A Davies) for a playoff push. In the end the trade didn't go through. This was all over the media, everywhere, even opposition fans were tearing into the 6 tradeable players during games (hilarious). Most of these guys were young, inexperienced. But when the deal fell through they just went back to work, even when they knew LeBron/Lakers management deemed them not good enough. Some of them are just half assing it obviously (with LeBron calling them out, ironically) but others are putting in 100% plus. Because they respect their contracts and the fans. They also know if they don't show 100% commitment they won't get any offers from other teams.

Contrast with Icardis behavior.