View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    118 80.27%
  • No

    29 19.73%
Page 947 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 447847897937944945946947948949950957997 ... LastLast
Results 18,921 to 18,940 of 20145

Thread: Mauro Icardi

  1. #18921
    vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Dec 17
    Posts
    346
    Thanked
    264 times
    Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    The way I see it, the club abandoned Icardi and he returned the favour.
    yeah i bet he wipes his abandonment tears with all the money he got this past month for sitting on his ass and refusing to play

  2. #18922
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    14,498
    Thanked
    12,461 times
    Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

    Tokelau

    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    It does not matter why he was stripped of the Captaincy. The fact remains that it was done at the wrong time and has both alienated the player from the club and simultaneously jeopardised our season.
    Let's say you are a project leader at your work, then you committed a mistake that is deemed bad enough by the top management to remove you as the leader, then you just decide never attend work anymore. Does it matter what mistake you have committed leading to your removal from the leader post?
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

    I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

  3. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

  4. #18923
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    22,074
    Thanked
    11,512 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    It really does not matter in management's perspective when they have a responsible for certain results. Management should do everything to achieve the results IMO. They need to take themselves out of the daily context and look after the bigger picture. If they have done this and this is the thing they decided to be the correct way of managing the team, then so be it. At the moment it doesn't look like we are going to achieve the results however.

  5. Thanks (1): n4l

  6. #18924
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    5,913
    Thanked
    3,772 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Let's say you are a project leader at your work, then you committed a mistake that is deemed bad enough by the top management to remove you as the leader, then you just decide never attend work anymore. Does it matter what mistake you have committed leading to your removal from the leader post?
    Well it kind of does. Lets take your example.

    You re working at that company for 6 years you became team leader after 2 years now during your time as team leader you constantly are one of the top 3 performers in a group of 25. Now you have a fight with one of the other team members who has been with the company for 3 years in his time 50% of the time he has been shit and 50% he has been great plus he has been saying that he wants to leave the company for years now. Now this guy goes to the management and says either you change who is team leader or i m gone. Now the management sides with that guy and takes away your leadership role how do you feel? Will you want to go to work with that guy in that company?
    Probably not!!

    Now i m not defending Icardi since just staying away when the team needs you most is unacceptable, but depending on how this shit went down his reaction is kind of understandable.

    Again to me this is just a huge shit show and the thing i want most is to just fucken get done with it and move on.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

  7. Thanks (3): Armes, Harpsabu, Sqnalkel

  8. #18925
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,674
    Thanked
    9,127 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Spalletti and Marotta made the decision to strip Icardi of the captaincy. They should also explain the reasoning before the season is completely derailed if they don't want to get beaten up at every corner of Milano by angry fans.

    They should also explain why this was not an issue throughout January and why no transfers were made to prepare for this shit storm.


  9. #18926
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanked
    3,876 times

    Serbia

    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Well it kind of does. Lets take your example.

    You re working at that company for 6 years you became team leader after 2 years now during your time as team leader you constantly are one of the top 3 performers in a group of 25. Now you have a fight with one of the other team members who has been with the company for 3 years in his time 50% of the time he has been shit and 50% he has been great plus he has been saying that he wants to leave the company for years now. Now this guy goes to the management and says either you change who is team leader or i m gone. Now the management sides with that guy and takes away your leadership role how do you feel? Will you want to go to work with that guy in that company?
    Probably not!!

    Now i m not defending Icardi since just staying away when the team needs you most is unacceptable, but depending on how this shit went down his reaction is kind of understandable.

    Again to me this is just a huge shit show and the thing i want most is to just fucken get done with it and move on.
    Your half-assed hypothetical analogy lacks Team Leader's wife that constantly shittalks the company and makes open comments regarding how the team leader and the company would be doing way better with new team members because current team members are dog shit, effectively affecting team members, their performance and their relationship with the team leader who is supposed to lead those same affected team members.
    Team Leader's wife continues this on a regular weekly basis, while simultaneously leaking rumors about Team Leader going to another company while also constantly talking about new contract for the team leader who already earns more than everyone else.

    Just saying. If we are going to tell stories, let's tell them how they are.

  10. Thanks (2): DARi0, MVD

  11. #18927

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanked
    2,005 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Let's say you are a project leader at your work, then you committed a mistake that is deemed bad enough by the top management to remove you as the leader, then you just decide never attend work anymore. Does it matter what mistake you have committed leading to your removal from the leader post?
    It matters in the context of how the directors are acting. You make me team leader but then you don't follow through with a Raise, nor do you improv the team i am leading with better members, and you don't even treat everyone the same, other members publicly say they want to leave yet nothing happens but my lawyer speaks publicly or ur not happy with opinions on social media then you want to punish me? And at the same time ur saying i am not team leader u still saying publicly that i am important and u want me to extend with the company. Also its not the same because this is a public sport, work its private and fans and media are not involved.

    Now what he did after that with not showing up to work and faking an injury thats wrong and no coming back from that but how does it help with a director airing out everything on social media, talking about it publicly one day then saying enough the next day? Then u have the club putting out news that Icardi's scans are the same yet they don't fine him for purposely missing work because they don't want to fully turn this into a full confrontation.

  12. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

  13. #18928

    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    612
    Thanked
    529 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Your half-assed hypothetical analogy lacks Team Leader's wife that constantly shittalks the company and makes open comments regarding how the team leader and the company would be doing way better with new team members because current team members are dog shit, effectively affecting team members, their performance and their relationship with the team leader who is supposed to lead those same affected team members.
    Team Leader's wife continues this on a regular weekly basis, while simultaneously leaking rumors about Team Leader going to another company while also constantly talking about new contract for the team leader who already earns more than everyone else.

    Just saying. If we are going to tell stories, let's tell them how they are.
    Let's add that the top management doesnt give specific reason on why your role is terminated. The management simply tells the project leader than his removal is better for the team.

    As cherry on top,the team leader is also underpaid compared to the market.

  14. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Sqnalkel

  15. #18929

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanked
    2,005 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Your half-assed hypothetical analogy lacks Team Leader's wife that constantly shittalks the company and makes open comments regarding how the team leader and the company would be doing way better with new team members because current team members are dog shit, effectively affecting team members, their performance and their relationship with the team leader who is supposed to lead those same affected team members.
    Team Leader's wife continues this on a regular weekly basis, while simultaneously leaking rumors about Team Leader going to another company while also constantly talking about new contract for the team leader who already earns more than everyone else.

    Just saying. If we are going to tell stories, let's tell them how they are.
    That was always going to happen though, everyone knew who his wife was and her role in the media, you should have sold him a while back or never gave him the captaincy to begin with, or now that u stripped him should have done it in january or june where he could have be sold, or now fine him because you say on the club website he is lying,

  16. Thanks (1): Sqnalkel

  17. #18930
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanked
    3,876 times

    Serbia

    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    Let's add that the top management doesnt give specific reason on why your role is terminated. The management simply tells the project leader than his removal is better for the team.

    As cherry on top,the team leader is also underpaid compared to the market.
    Underpaid compared to the market value of other team leaders who actually accomplished significant successes for their companies, companies that aren't being perpetually fucked by... whatever would be a suitable analogy for UEFA and FFP.
    Let's be straight here, Icardi has yet to win anything and he only played his debut CL match at age 26. If he wants top dollar wage, he needs to give top dollar performance like Ronaldo gave for Juve the other night.

    I'm pretty sure they gave him a list of specific reasons why it happened. Just because us the fans aren't privy to that information, that's another thing. It's pretty obvious though that it has to do with him allowing Wanda to constantly tarnish Inter's image in public. It had very little to do, if anything, with contract extension.

    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    That was always going to happen though, everyone knew who his wife was and her role in the media, you should have sold him a while back or never gave him the captaincy to begin with, or now that u stripped him should have done it in january or june where he could have be sold, or now fine him because you say on the club website he is lying,
    Correct move was for him to either get his wife to shut the fuck up, or to get another agent and to separate his private life from his professional. But alas like a little spineless shitter that he is, he chose to be indolent and do nothing. If anything, he probably pieced together two and two and realized that, from Wanda's instructions to him, he will likely get dumped by her if he fired her.

  18. Thanks (2): DARi0, MVD

  19. #18931
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    14,498
    Thanked
    12,461 times
    Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

    Tokelau

    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Well it kind of does. Lets take your example.

    You re working at that company for 6 years you became team leader after 2 years now during your time as team leader you constantly are one of the top 3 performers in a group of 25. Now you have a fight with one of the other team members who has been with the company for 3 years in his time 50% of the time he has been shit and 50% he has been great plus he has been saying that he wants to leave the company for years now. Now this guy goes to the management and says either you change who is team leader or i m gone. Now the management sides with that guy and takes away your leadership role how do you feel? Will you want to go to work with that guy in that company?
    Probably not!!

    Now i m not defending Icardi since just staying away when the team needs you most is unacceptable, but depending on how this shit went down his reaction is kind of understandable.

    Again to me this is just a huge shit show and the thing i want most is to just fucken get done with it and move on.
    So you agreed with me that the reason why he was stripped of captaincy is important? Bcs Puma doesnt think it is relevant.

    However, how do you conclude that the management sides with the other guy though? You assumed that the management, in this case, Inter, has chosen Perisic on top of Icardi. This is your opinion. Is it true that the reason Icardi was stripped of captaincy because of Perisic? If yes, why dont they make Perisic the captain?

    Once again, the point is the reason why Icardi was stripped of captaincy is important. It is the key of this mess. All we have read on media is speculation.

    There are still loads of things we don't know about this issue. People are being conclusive based on the mininum information they get which makes them subjective.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

    I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

  20. #18932

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanked
    2,005 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Underpaid compared to the market value of other team leaders who actually accomplished significant successes for their companies, companies that aren't being perpetually fucked by... whatever would be a suitable analogy for UEFA and FFP.
    Let's be straight here, Icardi has yet to win anything and he only played his debut CL match at age 26. If he wants top dollar wage, he needs to give top dollar performance like Ronaldo gave for Juve the other night.

    I'm pretty sure they gave him a list of specific reasons why it happened. Just because us the fans aren't privy to that information, that's another thing. It's pretty obvious though that it has to do with him allowing Wanda to constantly tarnish Inter's image in public. It had very little to do, if anything, with contract extension.



    Correct move was for him to either get his wife to shut the fuck up, or to get another agent and to separate his private life from his professional. But alas like a little spineless shitter that he is, he chose to be indolent and do nothing. If anything, he probably pieced together two and two and realized that, from Wanda's instructions to him, he will likely get dumped by her if he fired her.
    He should have done that before he hired her, now that he did and has a family with her it's not easy to do that. Hell some players have issues firing agents who aren't family or may be friends or who have a long relationship. If he did like you said she may leave him, he is not gonna choose the club over the mother of his children and his wife.

    Also we are in 2019, no one is gonna make someone do anything, with social media, phones, videos etc everyone can say something at any time, players are different and times are different, and also i see a lot of people here say shit way worse than she does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    So you agreed with me that the reason why he was stripped of captaincy is important? Bcs Puma doesnt think it is relevant.

    However, how do you conclude that the management sides with the other guy though? You assumed that the management, in this case, Inter, has chosen Perisic on top of Icardi. This is your opinion. Is it true that the reason Icardi was stripped of captaincy because of Perisic? If yes, why dont they make Perisic the captain?

    Once again, the point is the reason why Icardi was stripped of captaincy is important. It is the key of this mess. All we have read on media is speculation.

    There are still loads of things we don't know about this issue. People are being conclusive based on the mininum information they get which makes them subjective.
    If the reason was big enough they shouldnt have said that they are trying to extend his contract, the he is important etcc, just strip and fine him if he doesnt play then sell him in the summer.

  21. #18933
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    5,913
    Thanked
    3,772 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    So you agreed with me that the reason why he was stripped of captaincy is important? Bcs Puma doesnt think it is relevant.

    However, how do you conclude that the management sides with the other guy though? You assumed that the management, in this case, Inter, has chosen Perisic on top of Icardi. This is your opinion. Is it true that the reason Icardi was stripped of captaincy because of Perisic? If yes, why dont they make Perisic the captain?

    Once again, the point is the reason why Icardi was stripped of captaincy is important. It is the key of this mess. All we have read on media is speculation.

    There are still loads of things we don't know about this issue. People are being conclusive based on the mininum information they get which makes them subjective.
    So i missunderstood your post thought you were saying it does not matter why he got strapped.

    And i nowhere claimed that this is how it happened it s just one example that would make icardis initial reaction understandable. I should have pointed out again that we dont know what happened and i m not claiming i do.
    But from all the reports to me it seems like the main problems was between these two and if either of them would not have been in the team at that moment we would not have any troubles now.

    On your why not perisic as a captain if the beef was only between them well i guess inter had some sensibility to not fucken spit on mauro when he was down. Also handa was the obvious choice he should have gotten it when Icardi got it. Plus how management handled it they clearly expected him to play on after this so again they might not wanted to piss him off to much. Also perisic is 99% gone this summer why would we give him the captaincy. It s hilarious enough that spallo is praising him as a leader.

    Again thats just my best guess it might be that i m wrong and icardi indeed did something horrible in training or that most of the team wanted him removed.
    I hope one day will get the whole truth on what happened but as of now i just dont see how the management handled the situation well.

    Also this situation does not leave us much other than to speculate and thats also partly on Inter our communication of what happened and why was piss poor.

    So either we speculate on what happened or we just fucken stop talking about it.

    Only things that are facts is Inter heavily underestimated what they did and Icardi is acting fucken childish and being a huge let down.

    Thing i understand the least is how the fuck has ownership not intervened ?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

  22. #18934
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    4,270
    Thanked
    7,125 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    So you agreed with me that the reason why he was stripped of captaincy is important? Bcs Puma doesnt think it is relevant.

    However, how do you conclude that the management sides with the other guy though? You assumed that the management, in this case, Inter, has chosen Perisic on top of Icardi. This is your opinion. Is it true that the reason Icardi was stripped of captaincy because of Perisic? If yes, why dont they make Perisic the captain?

    Once again, the point is the reason why Icardi was stripped of captaincy is important. It is the key of this mess. All we have read on media is speculation.

    There are still loads of things we don't know about this issue. People are being conclusive based on the mininum information they get which makes them subjective.
    I just read the first line. The reason is certainly relevant. We just dont know what the reason was that forced ot. I agree with brehme, icardi is already not playing, just tell the fans why he was stripped. I feel like the club would already have leaked this if it was valid

  23. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, CafeCordoba, MVD

  24. #18935
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    14,498
    Thanked
    12,461 times
    Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

    Tokelau

    69
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    It matters in the context of how the directors are acting. You make me team leader but then you don't follow through with a Raise,
    He had the raise which he agreed and is still valid until 2021, which again he agreed from the beginning.

    nor do you improv the team i am leading with better members,
    The entire team was built to serve him.

    and you don't even treat everyone the same, other members publicly say they want to leave yet nothing happens
    This is your assumption. Perisic handed a transfer request and it was announced. Nainggolan bad behaviour was punished and announced to the media. However, we don't know if there is anything happened behind the door, yet you assumed there was nothing happened. Do you get what I meant that people believes in their assumptions based on little information?

    but my lawyer speaks publicly or ur not happy with opinions on social media then you want to punish me?
    She is not a lawyer. She is his agent hence working on his behalf. However, WE DON'T KNOW WHY HE WAS STRIPPED OF CAPTAINCY. It may not have anything to do with Wanda at all!

    And at the same time ur saying i am not team leader u still saying publicly that i am important and u want me to extend with the company.
    He is removed as a team leader, not as an employee. Removing you as team leader does not mean your contribution should be less as you're still being paid the same, it is just the management thinks someone is better to take the leader role.

    Also its not the same because this is a public sport, work its private and fans and media are not involved.
    At the end of the day, he is the employee and inter is the employer.

    Now what he did after that with not showing up to work and faking an injury thats wrong and no coming back from that but how does it help with a director airing out everything on social media, talking about it publicly one day then saying enough the next day? Then u have the club putting out news that Icardi's scans are the same yet they don't fine him for purposely missing work because they don't want to fully turn this into a full confrontation.
    Which directors? If you meant Marotta, as far as i remember, he has been putting cold water. The coach is the one putting on fire. However, this is Marotta vs Spalletti, which is a different case.

    Again, we don't know if they fined him or not. The club doesn't mention it but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    The club released the scan result is a norm. It has happened for decades.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    I just read the first line. The reason is certainly relevant. We just dont know what the reason was that forced ot. I agree with brehme, icardi is already not playing, just tell the fans why he was stripped. I feel like the club would already have leaked this if it was valid
    I agree that the club should have just announced the reason. However, there must be a reason why they don't want to do it. It probably could potentially burn the entire bridge.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

    I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY


  25. #18936
    morepoststhanu JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    38,142
    Thanked
    50,071 times
    Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    he can fuck off anywhere he likes ,I don't even care anymore. If anyone is stupid enough to take him for some solid price that is

  26. Thanks (1): MVD

  27. #18937

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanked
    2,005 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    He had the raise which he agreed and is still valid until 2021, which again he agreed from the beginning.



    The entire team was built to serve him.



    This is your assumption. Perisic handed a transfer request and it was announced. Nainggolan bad behaviour was punished and announced to the media. However, we don't know if there is anything happened behind the door, yet you assumed there was nothing happened. Do you get what I meant that people believes in their assumptions based on little information?



    She is not a lawyer. She is his agent hence working on his behalf. However, WE DON'T KNOW WHY HE WAS STRIPPED OF CAPTAINCY. It may not have anything to do with Wanda at all!



    He is removed as a team leader, not as an employee. Removing you as team leader does not mean your contribution should be less as you're still being paid the same, it is just the management thinks someone is better to take the leader role.



    At the end of the day, he is the employee and inter is the employer.



    Which directors? If you meant Marotta, as far as i remember, he has been putting cold water. The coach is the one putting on fire. However, this is Marotta vs Spalletti, which is a different case.

    Again, we don't know if they fined him or not. The club doesn't mention it but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    The club released the scan result is a norm. It has happened for decades.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree that the club should have just announced the reason. However, there must be a reason why they don't want to do it. It probably could potentially burn the entire bridge.
    Yes but he wanted to extend it and the club mentioned they are working on it, because like most players he wants more money.

    I am talking about the quality of players.

    I mean something drastic happening, like removing him from the squad. You are correct though, they prob were fined.

    Correct, it may be something else, i am basing it on what Inter directors say publicly.

    The way they worded the scan result is different, you can read it again and let me know.


    Bottom line is, you have a player now who is refusing to play or faking an injury, he should be fined or refused pay, removed from the squad and sold in the summer and this should be stated officially on the internet and communicated through the directors.

  28. #18938
    vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Dec 17
    Posts
    346
    Thanked
    264 times
    Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Yes but he wanted to extend it and the club mentioned they are working on it, because like most players he wants more money.

    I am talking about the quality of players.

    I mean something drastic happening, like removing him from the squad. You are correct though, they prob were fined.

    Correct, it may be something else, i am basing it on what Inter directors say publicly.

    The way they worded the scan result is different, you can read it again and let me know.


    Bottom line is, you have a player now who is refusing to play or faking an injury, he should be fined or refused pay, removed from the squad and sold in the summer and this should be stated officially on the internet and communicated through the directors.
    I disagree, that would only lower his price even more, i want him to pay but not now,if we cant fix this thing with him then just pretend everything is ok , we are optimist, bla bla bla... just like we doing right now, than sell him and release all the dirty laundry that we have on him...and then go legal on his ass if possible.

  29. #18939
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanked
    2,554 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    I'd put him in former players & coaches thread right now. He ain't coming back.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

  30. #18940

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanked
    2,005 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    I disagree, that would only lower his price even more, i want him to pay but not now,if we cant fix this thing with him then just pretend everything is ok , we are optimist, bla bla bla... just like we doing right now, than sell him and release all the dirty laundry that we have on him...and then go legal on his ass if possible.
    Then dont put statements saying he is faking the injury, see what i am saying?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •