View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

159 75.36%
  • No

52 24.64%
Page 1089 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 8958998910391079108610871088108910901091109210991139 ... LastLast
Results 21,761 to 21,780 of 22831

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    ok fine...you win. We're in the same situation and we have leverage and Juve is desperate....

Carry on guys

I am glad I am not the only one who would rather have (Lautaro, Politano, Candreva, Perisic, Lazaro) over (Ronaldo, Dybala, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Bernadeschi, Douglas Costa, Higuain).

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

2. Thanks (1): wera

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yup, and if they end up with no new striker and Higuain staying he can have the number back, its not an issue.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Of course, it works both ways. You believe your narrative I’ll believe mine.
    Out of those players you’re naming, I only see Ronaldo in Icardis position, given the fact that Juve wants to get rid of Higuain.
    What do Berna and Douglas Costa, Cuadrado have anything in common with Icardis position?
    Or we just naming players now to fit our narrative?
    It has to do with the amount of forwards. I don't think Juve have set in stone their system given they have a new coach. And even in a case CR7 is the only forward in Icardi's position, are they in dire need of Icardi? No, because CR7 will be a starter. They can get another backup for him easily. Icardi is luxury backup for CR7. Juve is not pushing hard for Icardi because they don't really need him.

Edit. They can sign Kean to be the backup.

Europe

ok fine...you win. We're in the same situation and we have leverage and Juve is desperate....

Carry on guys
    Hey, I think we can all accept your point. We just need to look the matter more objectively. Juve also have their own concerns.

Fav. Player
    Ausilencio

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    Lets be at least objective here. Cuadrado and Douglas Costa cannot play in Icardi's position. Mandzukic also have played more on the wing and Bernardeschi also haven't played central striker. Higuain Jube want to be gone.
    CR7?
    Mandzu only plays on the wing with CR on the pitch at the same time
    Kean
    Dyba all CF
    #donatesuning

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    Hey, I think we can all accept your point. We just need to look the matter more objectively. Juve also have their own concerns.
    Honestly Juve's concerns are non-existing compared to Inter's ones when it comes to forwards.

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    CR7?
    Mandzu only plays on the wing with CR on the pitch at the same time
    Kean
    Dyba all CF
    Agree, Juve have more players who can play as CF. Inter need more urgently more strikers. My point was just to look the matter from more objective point of view.

9. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Honestly Juve's concerns are non-existing compared to Inter's ones when it comes to forwards.
    Definitely.
    My point was, the way they left the number 9 unassigned, was their first crack of tipping the hand that they want Icardi.
    How many forwards they have is just a universal knowledge. Like I said, from those players, the only one better then Icardi at CF is CR7. He named some players that have nothing to do with Icardis position, yet accusing me of believing whatever fits my narrative.

11. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Definitely.
    My point was, the way they left the number 9 unassigned, was their first crack of tipping the hand that they want Icardi.
    How many forwards they have is just a universal knowledge. Like I said, from those players, the only one better then Icardi at CF is CR7.
    The idea is that they don't have to buy him this window. They're more than ok in the attacking department and they could just wait one more season and get Icardi for peanuts.
    They're not in a hurry.
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

13. Thanks (2): MVD, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaNerazzurro View Post
    The idea is that they don't have to buy him this window. They're more than ok in the attacking department and they could just wait one more season and get Icardi for peanuts.
    They're not in a hurry.
    And I believed that more, until this morning when they left the 9 unassigned. That’s all. I’ve said before that Juve doesn’t need Icardi.
    It just caught me by surprise they’d do that with the number this early.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaNerazzurro View Post
    They're not in a hurry.
    And Barca don't need Neymar or even Greizmann. It's a matter of perspective. Ronaldo is not a #9 in any system, 9 times out of 10 he will drift wide in order for another decoy #9 to take his place (Benz, Silva or Mandzukic).

What's the fall out if we refuse Juve's measly offer and keep Icardi until winter mercato or next summer? Do we need to sell him this mercato? Or is FIF just overreacting?
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    And Barca don't need Neymar or even Greizmann. It's a matter of perspective. Ronaldo is not a #9 in any system, 9 times out of 10 he will drift wide in order for another decoy #9 to take his place (Benz, Silva or Mandzukic).

What's the fall out if we refuse Juve's measly offer and keep Icardi until winter mercato or next summer? Do we need to sell him this mercato? Or is FIF just overreacting?
    Usually teams don't spend much in January; that's the time for quick fix. So if no team buy Icardi now, less likely they would do it later unless there is an injury crisis or something.

Next summer is even worse. He has one year left in his contract i.e. 6 month more to be Bosman available. We are lucky if we would get 20m for him.

17. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

What's that say about Icardi if hes willing to stay on the bench to prove a fuckin point? His salary wont increase, but his agent and lawyers fees surely will.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...ť un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Its imporbable that Icardi or any potential suitors will let Icardi go 2 years without football. That's a career ending move. If its a choice between him riding the bench for 2 years and 40M from Juve, I'll go with the former. Icardi has his career to think about. Unless we get a suitable offer he will go without football for months. I think we have more leverage here.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

20. Thanks (1): Lionheart

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    And I believed that more, until this morning when they left the 9 unassigned. That’s all. I’ve said before that Juve doesn’t need Icardi.
    It just caught me by surprise they’d do that with the number this early.
    And what if it's a message for higuain rather than tipping their hand? and wait, it does not matter if they tip their hand. Everybody knows they want icardi.

The issue is, they don't need him urgently. They also have money like crazy. Sarri has literally managed to do more with less. He played and converted mertens to a false 9 and racked up 90+ points like that. They do not need icardi.

We have a single CF who is inexperienced. We have a coach whining for a single player who cost 85M. And we don't have money. We've also expelled Icardi from the team and multiple times, in no uncertain terms, have we said icardi is no longer part of the team.

How can you look at these scenarios and say we have leverage is beyond me.....but like I said, carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Its imporbable that Icardi or any potential suitors will let Icardi go 2 years without football. That's a career ending move. If its a choice between him riding the bench for 2 years and 40M from Juve, I'll go with the former. Icardi has his career to think about. Unless we get a suitable offer he will go without football for months. I think we have more leverage here.
    If he stays into the season and we make him train separately etc, he will simply go to CAS and get the contract terminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

22. Thanks (2): Linege, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Does he have a case if he has all the facilities and trainers available for him?

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

And what if it's a message for higuain rather than tipping their hand? and wait, it does not matter if they tip their hand. Everybody knows they want icardi.

The issue is, they don't need him urgently. They also have money like crazy. Sarri has literally managed to do more with less. He played and converted mertens to a false 9 and racked up 90+ points like that. They do not need icardi.

We have a single CF who is inexperienced. We have a coach whining for a single player who cost 85M. And we don't have money. We've also expelled Icardi from the team and multiple times, in no uncertain terms, have we said icardi is no longer part of the team.
    I'm sorry buddy, but where did i say we have leverage?
    I respect you and always read what you have to say, but i think you're responding to me based on some other stuff that you and me disagree, like yesterday when you told me to take a chill pill, cuz i asked you to clarify how do you know Conte is in for a rude awakening. Seems like you took that more personal and to the heart then it was really intended.

Anyways, i Never said that the we have leverage. I just said, maybe this was a slip up from juve.
    Either way, if this is about Higuain, which in that case, they're pulling and Inter move here with showing everyone that he's not part of their plans, which y'all been condemning Inter and Marotta by doing that with Icardi, devaluation, even though Inter did it much more vocally, nonetheless the message still is the same, or tipping their hand that they really want Icardi, to which i only said, we maybe gained some of that advantage back, at least a little.
    I'm not disagreeing with you with the rest.

25. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    But they are not shutting him out. Higuain is in a plane with the team. Higuain is not being sold because of off-pitch issues, he's been sold/loaned because he's shit for Juve.

27. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

Hence I said not as vocal, but the message is the same in that regard.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Higuain will be 32 years old and was shifted since last season when they got ronaldo. Icardi just turned 26 this year. One is for on the field performance. The other is for ....wait, we don't really know. Juve is just trying to ensure higuain doesn't affect their p&l too much (hence carefully crafted loans to milan & chelsea last season). We HAVE to sell Icardi for money or else our other mercato moves are messed up.

The situations are in no way comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.