View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 79.71%
  • No

28 20.29%
Page 816 of 993 FirstFirst ... 316716766806813814815816817818819826866916 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,320 of 19856

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Who got the armband after Icardi came off versus Parma? BTW would be more than happy to give DeVrij the captains armband till the end of the season. Cool head, zero drama, and then make Skrinair vice, groom him til he's ready.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Who got the armband after Icardi came off versus Parma? BTW would be more than happy to give DeVrij the captains armband till the end of the season. Cool head, zero drama, and then make Skrinair vice, groom him til he's ready.
    But his salary is higher than many. I think Skriniar is probably our next captain.

3. Thanks (2): MVD, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Skriniar embodies the characteristics of a great captain. Hes short and quick with his words, he's consistent on the pitch, and isn't overly involved in his interactions with the media. When the press smell blood they attack as they've done with Inter, and Icardi doesn't do himself any favors with his contract situation. Both are negotiating new contracts but you dont hear shit from Skri and that's the way it should be.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

you can put up with an unpleasant situation when you see an end to it. but at this point it's clear to me that this charade will go on as long as icardi is at Inter, with only a pause of a few months after each pay rise.

i've had enough of it. as far as i'm concerned, the sooner he leaves the better.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

6. Thanks (3): InterFCAustin, MVD, yoszee

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Marotta keeps saying that there is nothing to worry about in relation to Icard's contract renewal and Icardi has himself said that he will accept a renewal once Inter puts a real offer in front of him.

Is it the case that the club has not yet offered an extension because there are still two years left on his present contract and they can save money by agreeing a new contract at a later date as opposed to offering an extension now and being tied to Icardi's higher and revised wages for longer? The other question I have is whether or not FFP comes into play. Does agreeing a new contract with Icardi have ramifications for FFP? If so, is the club waiting for the deadline to pass before offering a new contract?

I get the feeling that management are really relaxed about it and are not making a renewal their priority. It is almost as if management know something that those outside the club do not yet know. The only reason we keep hearing about it is because of Wanda and the media. Even the English commentators in the match against Parma were trying to suggest that Icardi was distracted and not himself due to the situation with his contract. Essentially, the only risk that Inter are running as a club is if a club decides to meet the release claiuse during the period it becomes live.
    #FlyEaglesFly

8. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Dylan, Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Well, he shouldn't be given a pay rise if he doesn't start scoring goals again. He hasn't scored a regular goal for 10 matches.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Well, he shouldn't be given a pay rise if he doesn't start scoring goals again. He hasn't scored a regular goal for 10 matches.
    And we have been playing in such a structured and coherent manner that he has had numerous opportunities created for him to score countless goals.

With all due respect to your post, he has not scored in ten matches because our build up play and creativity have been atrocious. All we really know how to do is cross balls into the box and hope he gets on the end of a cross. We all know that the most difficult part of delivering a cross is the cross hitting the target and finding its man, something that has been sadly lacking for most of the season. If that does not work, we do not have a Plan B, with the exception of giving Martinez 10 minutes and hoping he saves our arses.

At the moment, whether we like it or not, Iacrdi's failures as a goalscorer are also the failures of his teammates to assist him. The two are inextricably linked.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    And we have been playing in such a structured and coherent manner that he has had numerous opportunities created for him to score countless goals.

With all due respect to your post, he has not scored in ten matches because our build up play and creativity have been atrocious. All we really know how to do is cross balls into the box and hope he gets on the end of a cross. We all know that the most difficult part of delivering a cross is the cross hitting the target and finding its man, something that has been sadly lacking for most of the season. If that does not work, we do not have a Plan B, with the exception of giving Martinez 10 minutes and hoping he saves our arses.

At the moment, whether we like it or not, Iacrdi's failures as a goalscorer are also the failures of his teammates to assist him. The two are inextricably linked.
    If Icardi's goalscoring record is dependent on the delivery of his mates then he is not worth 10 millions. lol.

For the record, he has missed at least 1 golden opportunities in each game in the last 10 games. The delivery is there. It's not great but it's there. He just can't put the ball in the net because he is always a step slower.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

12. Thanks (3): GenDire, varmin, yoszee

Syria

10 years of FIF
    We're so harsh to Icardi. He is an amazing goalscorer with the mind of a 12 year old boy.

Take away Wanda.
    Take away contract issues.
    Take away crippling captaincy.

Voila, an Icardi we would all love.

Just quietly, without Wanda, Icardi would probably show that he is Captain material. Currently he is seen as a lil bitch. He is also a little young, which is why he would struggle with the Perisics and Handanovics of the world.

Minus Wanda. Plus a year or two to his life. Plus all the goals he would score. He could become a real symbol of Milan.

YOU.WILL.CRY.SEEING.HIM.BANG.30+.GOALS.IN.A.WHITE. MADRID.SHIRT

14. Thanks (3): GenDire, nyers, rfU

Australia

10 years of FIF
    If Icardi's goalscoring record is dependent on the delivery of his mates then he is not worth 10 millions. lol.

For the record, he has missed at least 1 golden opportunities in each game in the last 10 games. The delivery is there. It's not great but it's there. He just can't put the ball in the net because he is always a step slower.
    Your post is simple and idiotic.

Icardi does not play our opponents on his own. Last time I checked, football is a sport played with ten other teammates. He can not scare if he does not get the service and based on the games that I have watched, he has not been presented with one opportunity per game.
    #FlyEaglesFly

16. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter

Icardi does not play our opponents on his own. Last time I checked, football is a sport played with ten other teammates. He can not scare if he does not get the service and based on the games that I have watched, he has not been presented with one opportunity per game.
    That is not true. Only against Bologna he has two 100% chances to score. And the football is a sport played with 11 players not Icardi, who is waiting somebody to hit him with the ball and 10 crossers. He was so good before because he had the instinct when to attack the ball, where to position himself and clinical finishing. Without these characteristics, he is nothing more than 10 mln player.

18. Thanks (1): yoszee

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I for one won't be disappointed if we replace Icardi with a class striker. He is too one dimensional poacher, despite all the goals he has scored for us. I am saying this also coz of Wanda's involvement. Let's see what happens in the summer transfer though, coz I am not sure the kind of replacement we will be able to bring in, if we somehow sell him. Piatek seems so good, with movements and all.

20. Thanks (2): ED 8661, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    And why are we talking about it?

This situation is beyond ridiculous. Icardi should be stripped of captaincy by the next coach, or sold if good offer arrives.

Also... It starts to be very telling, that in the current inflated market with stats as good as Icardi have, nobody wants to pay his release clause for 25 year old. Why do you think is that?

This situation is ridiculous and Icardi should be ashamed of himself that he didn't tell his agent to shut the fuck up in the public regarding anything that deals with his contract.

Captain my ass...
    Ramsey is going to get 7 million a year and Icardi is getting 6.5 million a year.

Getting a pay rise is normal, I genuinely don't think Icardi wants to leave contrary to what you think his family seems very happy in Milan and plus he had the chance to play the CL for us but a player should get wages in accordance to his importance and Icardi is indispensable.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he should play on his own against 11.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

22. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Brozovic. I have no idea why they gave it to him. I was expecting Handanovic to wear the armband for the rest of the game.

24. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF
    For what is worth, his value dropped by 19mil according to new reports.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    For what is worth, his value dropped by 19mil according to new reports.
    That same company values Trent Alexander-Arnold from Liverpool at 120.3 million

I find the majority of there valuations to be bullshit.

27. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Lol. Name a striker who stops scoring goals because his mates don't deliver crosses. A striker who is so dependent on other players' delivery is not a striker but a poacher. A poacher is never worth 10 millions.

Udinese: He missed a free header from Keita's cross.
    Chievo: He missed a golden opportunity from DDA's cross which he shot at the keeper.
    Chievo: He missed one-on-one vs Sorrentino from Perisic's through pass.
    Napoli: He missed an opportunity bcs of his poor first touch from Valero's cross.
    Napoli: He had a free header from a corner kick which was saved comfortably by the keeper.
    Empoli: He missed one-on-one vs the keeper from Nainggolan's through pass.
    Bologna: He couldn't put the ball into an open net.
    Bologna: He shot off target a loose ball from Perisic's cross.
    Benevento: He missed a header from a corner kick.

These are just from the youtube highlights.

Parma: He missed a tap in from Perisic's cross. He also missed 2 shooting opportunities because of his poor first touch, one through pass from Nainggolan and one a cross from Brozovic. (I just watched the Parma game)

But yeah, i'm an idiot because I believe his failures to score in the last 10 games is down more to him than his teammates. He didn't just fail to score in bad games like Sassuolo and Torino.

It is not a coincidence that he stops scoring once his agent starts mentioning about contracts. It happens every single year.

He needs to pull his head out of his ass.
    Last edited by Ed.; 13 Feb 19 at 00:12. Reason: add points about parma game
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Everybody sees he's in a slump of form, unless someone is blinded by Wandas beauty. I don't see why a player cannot be in a poor form and at the same time the team as a whole being in poor form. What I see is some people are saying Icardi stopped scoring because his teammates as a whole play worse, which is bullshit. Are you saying to me, that Icardi is playing as well as in the time when he scored those 2 great goals in the derby? IF you claim that then you're blind and that's that. Both, Icardi and a team as a whole are doing below the par now. Many of the pundits already said that, also adding to that that many other great strikers had the same periods of time which I agree completely. But if somebody denies that, then there some major fanboyism there.

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Ramsey is going to get 7 million a year and Icardi is getting 6.5 million a year.

Getting a pay rise is normal, I genuinely don't think Icardi wants to leave contrary to what you think his family seems very happy in Milan and plus he had the chance to play the CL for us but a player should get wages in accordance to his importance and Icardi is indispensable.
    I don't think you heard me well Toninu. Read it one more time and try again.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Brozovic. I have no idea why they gave it to him. I was expecting Handanovic to wear the armband for the rest of the game.
    I thought Icardi handed it over to Brozovic to go and give it to Handanovic. I'm sure I saw him wear it after Icardi went off.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

31. Thanks (2): brakbrak, MVD

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Lol. Name a striker who stops scoring goals because his mates don't deliver crosses. A striker who is so dependent on other players' delivery is not a striker but a poacher. A poacher is never worth 10 millions.
    So what the fuck happened to Aguero back in 2016?He had an 8 game goal drought and he was playing for Manchester fucking City who on paper had better players than us and were struggling as they were on a 6 winless run. According to your definition, Aguero is a "Striker" and not a "Poacher" yet he had an 8 game goal drought so how do you explain this?A "Striker" is supposed to create something out of his ass consistently without depending on his teammates right?
    Every striker at his point of carreer has goal draught, what's more important is his overall season-long contribution in the end. Give Icardi a break.

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2...rst-half-brace