30 20.27%
Page 1009 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991006100710081009
Results 20,161 to 20,178 of 20178

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones
    It all started so well: four Champions League goals, starting striker for Argentina. Now, Icardi has one last game to close the curtain on this season of nightmares

What remains is only one game, assuming that Luciano Spalletti will let him take part in it, then Mauro Icardi will get to close the curtain on this terrible season. The number 9 striker will not be able to make up difficulties at Inter with the Argentina shirt because there is no Copa America and it is now official.

Lautaro is on Scaloni’s list but Icardi is missing: the Argentinian striker that started this season on the bench will now be at Messi’s side in Brazil. The other will be on vacation and the transfer market despite the fact that Wanda said that she will have her phone off during this period. And even in this perspective, this non call-up is bad blow for both Inter and Icardi because it would have been nice to show him off in the tournament in order to raise his value up a little bit more.

But it should not have gone like this, it was not expected for things to go like this. 2018-2019 season was supposed to be the year of showing him off on the international scenes. Mauro was expected to make his debut in the Champions League, the competition that would have definitely included him among the best players in the world. Not only that, he was considered the cornerstone of rebuilding the Seleccion after the World Cup failure.

And the plan began smoothly with four goals in Europe although the last against PSV was not enough. He also started a new cycle for Argentinian football as Scaloni’s starting striker. But then problems started to happen, from the chaos of the Libertadores final when he went to Madrid to see River Plate and Boca Juniors, the first of many wrong choices that he has made over the past few months. That quick trip to watch the Super Classico two days after PSV created the first issue between him and the Inter dressing room. Things then got worse with the late return from holidays, the fine and then Wanda’s statements on TV. All of that resulted in the removal of the armband and 53 days of exile.

Icardi then returned early April but his two goals on penalty are not enough to convince Scaloni to give him a spot at this summer tournament in Brazil. The Argentina national team coach obviously invites Messi (who is back after a pause of reflection), Aguero who was absent in Russia but had 32 goals for Manchester City this past season, Lautaro Martinez, Matias Suarez (River Plate) and Paulo Dybala.

When asked about Icardi’s absence, Scaloni said that “it is very difficult to please everyone but we have no doubt that we have chosen the best players.” And so to Mauro, there is only Empoli and if the Spalletti’s rotation holds, it will be up to him to play this last game. The Inter number 9 is fired up on Instagram looking back at last year’s Lazio game. Against Empoli will be his chance to recover the entire stadium with a decisive goal to put away the nightmares and bring Inter back to Europe. It will not be enough for the Albiceleste shirt but it would be a great pride.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    He can thank only one person for being left out.
    Perisic?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Hasan, I4E

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Spalletti...?
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    He should start against Empoli. Preferably with Lautaro but if not, then as the lone CF.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Marotta?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    He should start against Empoli. Preferably with Lautaro but if not, then as the lone CF.
    I think Spalletti may just leave him entirely out of it unless shit his the fan.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Dejan Stankovic gave huge interview to one Serbian reporter passing his career step by step, choosing best 11 from 5 teams he played for (Red Star, Lazio, Inter, Serbia NT, Serbia and Montenegro NT, plus one random player).

He choose Nesta and Veron from Lazio.

He choose Milito and Maicon from Inter, praising both of them madly, explaining how we use to play with two fantasistas Sneijder and Maicon.

Then he chose Dragan Stojkovic and Mihajlovic from Serbia NT. He explained how Stojkovic was artist, idolo, everything he wanted to become.

Then he explained his relationship with Mihajlovic, how he called him from Rome when he was 18 and he was sitting at his home in Belgrade but when Sinisa introduced himself over the phone he had to stand up to show respect. He explained how he became father, brother, friend, godfather to kids, best man etc.
    He told to the reporter that respect is the same after 20-25 years.

Then I asked myself what would Mauro do in his place?

To become a legend you need to poses much more from football skill.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

8. Thanks (2): dax21, emosjonellspiller

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Turkey

i cant believe people still wants him to play against empoli..

10. Thanks (1): yoszee

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    I've got a feeling that this dildo and his whorish wife are gonna make the transfer period incredibly difficult for Marotta & Co.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Not in the list for Copa America: https://mobile.twitter.com/barcacent...68352375767041

Serves you right.

Lautaro is in the squad.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

13. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, yoszee

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Matias Suarez and no Icardi?
    They usually like to take a forward from River or Boca [or both] with them in the squad.

Bulgaria

Wanda?

16. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Hahahaha

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JJM; Yesterday at 15:21.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    himself...

19. Thanks (2): ForzaNerazzurro, Wings

21. Thanks (2): Native, Toninu

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    FUCK Wanda
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

23. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    He can go as long as someone activates his release clause

Anything less than that will just come back to haunt us as yet another poor financial decision with his value probably doubling the minute he moves away. Usual story.

25. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

financially speaking, we have already lost this battle. this summer will determine how much we have lost.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Unless Mauro decides to stay, prove his worth and reclaim the love of the fans!!