• No

53 23.04%
Page 1232 of 1232 FirstFirst ... 2327321132118212221229123012311232
Results 24,621 to 24,639 of 24639

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Who else excited to see Lukaku-Icardi duo?
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolò Schira has revealed that Icardi’s agent and wife, Wanda Nara, has talked to PSG director Leonardo and announced the Argentine’s decision (intentions of a return to Italy).

The report claims that PSG have therefore ended their contact with Inter regarding a possible deal for the striker, who has contributed 20 goals in 31 games for Les Parisiens this campaign.

A future at the Nerazzurri seems difficult for the former captain, who left the club on bad terms after a turbulent 2018-19 season, and the 27-year-old has been linked with both Juventus and Napoli in recent weeks.

Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli has revealed that the Argentine is ‘far beyond our financial reach’, which might leave him with only one option in Italy.

> Tuttosport scenario does not add up - why would P$G pay more just to satisfy juBentus? Who they want to sign from there in a swap deal? Leonardo will most probably stay out of this shit.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

I remember the days people thought the 110 million clause was too little... now we can't even get rid of this guy for 70. So what happened to him at PSG anyway? He got dropped for some big games and got pissed about it? It looks like he started off fairly well scoring lots of goals, but they sort of dried up in the last few months, especially if you consider he is playing for by far the best team in the league that would blow most teams away without issue.

5. Thanks (4): ADRossi, Il Drago, MVD, Wings

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    I remember the days people thought the 110 million clause was too little... now we can't even get rid of this guy for 70. So what happened to him at PSG anyway? He got dropped for some big games and got pissed about it? It looks like he started off fairly well scoring lots of goals, but they sort of dried up in the last few months, especially if you consider he is playing for by far the best team in the league that would blow most teams away without issue.
    I'm hoping Chelsea bail us out of this mess; they're our only hope. A club that needs a striker, historically is okay winning "ugly", and plays in a city that is desirable.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It was always going to be a vacation for him to PSG. His intention has been to stay at Inter but since we were so adamant on getting rid of him, he moved to Paris for a year. I'm guessing he's expecting that this time apart will help heal the wounds with the management and I'm guessing he was banking on Inter needing him more than the club would imagine but results haven't gone in that direction.

There is zero evidence that Icardi wants to join Juventus, so please stop eating up whatever garbage the media sells to you. He has rejected them two times already as an Inter player. The only thing that could eventually drive him there is our management's handling of his situation. And unfortunately it seems likely that we'll repeat this behaviour against Lautaro who earns 6 times less than a player he's outperformed this season.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    I don't follow Ligue 1 closely but coincidentally Icardi's form started to drop when Tuchel decided to switch to a formation with two forwards. Just food for thought.

There were also rumours Icardi had issues with Tuchel. If it's true, then the German is the second coach in a row who has issues with Icardi, after Spalletti.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Icardi had issues with Spalletti because he showed preferential treatment to his teammates and because he got pissed off at his lack of accountability for fucking up some results (PSV at home was the boiling point).

With Tuchel half of PSG has problems because they're all divas. PSG changing formations had nothing to do with it as Icardi was actually even better when they switched to the 4-4-2. In fact, Icardi was one of the reasons why they switched to that. The other was that PSG had finally had both Mbappe and Neymar healthy. And the other being that Tuchel has a Di Maria fetish, he won't take him out of the lineup. Ideally Mbappe and Neymar would be on the wings with Cavani and Icardi up front, with Di Maria, Sarabia and Draxler as rotation options, but Di Maria just doesn't seem to get benched under Tuchel. I think Icardi and Cavani started the game as the two strikers just once. Can't recall of another game other than that crazy 4-4 game vs Amiens.

Tuchel has been trying to rotate as much as he can and when you're in charge of such divas and results don't always come when it mattes (ie Champions League), you're not going to be loved.

Mauro had his best games at PSG when they switched to a 2 man partnership and was quite awkward as the lone striker because PSG relied on speed and Icardi just cannot keep up with Mbappe, Di Maria and the others on the counter instead of being treated as the main striker and focal point of offense. The change of formation to a 4-4-2 helped him a lot.

Icardi was simply benched for Cavani, as Cavani was benched for Icardi for the first part of the season. Maybe Tuchel felt that Icardi was out of form, maybe he owed Cavani some starts, maybe there's an actual situtaion between the two, maybe there's nothing. Icardi doesn't seem to have any issues with the coach or his teammates, on the contrary I think he's far from miserable there. But it's always been a short term thing for him.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Numbers disagree with you. Tuchel changed the formation in December. From October to December Icardi had 9 goals and 3 assists while in the next two months he had 3 goals and 0 assists in the league.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Youth team

Canada

I'd still take a Milik + deal for him.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

Greece

Well, Icardi scored 9 goals in the 4-4-2 system and 11 goals in the 4-2-3-1 system so the difference is negligible. He played 893 minutes in the 4-2-3-1 (mostly) and 1065 minutes in the 4-4-2 system. Some of those games it was him and Sarabia or even Choupa-Moting next to him and PSG struggled to score. The actual thing to look at is what happens when Mbappe is playing. He is the barometer of the team. When Icardi plays next to him, he scores a bucket because Icardi attracts on average over 1.5 defenders per situation, which gives room for Mbappe who can thrive. And then there's Neymar also playing as well since January which was a duo that was lacking at PSG. And also why more of the scoring felt on Icardi's shoulders.

You said you don't watch Ligue 1 or PSG. Let me paint you the picture about Ligue 1. Number of PSG goals when each player starts:
    Mbappe: 54 goals in 17 starts -> 3.17 average
    Neymar: 40 goals in 15 starts -> 2.66 average
    Icardi: 46 goals in 15 starts -> 3.07 average
    Cavani: 18 goals in 6 starts -> 3.00 average

PSG goals when they don't start:
    Mbappe: 23 goals in 10 games -> 2.3 average
    Neymar: 35 goals in 12 games -> 2.92 average
    Icardi: 20 goals in 9 games -> 2.22 average
    Cavani: 57 goals in 21 games -> 2.71 average

This is just about the team effort, as I think all of them have scored off the bench except Neymar who has never been subbed in (except from once in CL after his injury iirc).

The idea here is that whilst Neymar is great and all, Mbappe is the difference maker. The biggest drop of goals per game for PSG is when Mbappe is not playing, whilst Icardi is also a bigger contributor when starting than even Neymar himself who is the only one with a negative value here as PSG scores more when he's not starting (i.e. playing) than when he is.

Now, when we see that Mbappe is what mostly matters and that Icardi has been playing many of those 4-4-2 minutes up front with Choupa Moting or Sarabia, we can make a better conclusion. And trust me, if you watched the games, you wouldn't even need this effort, it'd be an automatic answer that Icardi is better in the 4-4-2. It's not about scoring only, but about the team. The team benefits from Icardi much more when he's more than just a box scorer, which has been for ages a complaint here. But we've only used him once in a 2 man striker partnership and even then he ended up as top scorer!

The weakness of the 4-4-2 is that PSG plays with only one central midfielder and the other is Marquinhos. Verratti + Marquinhos does not really scream possession football and when there's possession, it's usually Di Maria and/or Neymar just holding the ball and being selfish. So it's not the best idea for PSG as they do not utilize their roster for that system. Paredes or even Gueye would be far better options. And Tuchel has used those two together and usually it's better than the first choices. That's like Inter playing two central midfielders Skriniar next to Brozovic when you have Eriksen, Barella, Sensi and even Vecino, Gagliardini and Valero as options there.

But still, Mbappe is the barometer.

For example Icardi with Mbappe on the pitch has 15 of his 20 goals but the playing time doesn't really correlate much. A little shy of 1200 minutes with Mbappe and a little under 800 minutes without him.
    In fact, for Icardi it's goal every 78 minutes with Mbappe and goal every 154 minutes without Mbappe.

Icardi has played essentially around one full half more in a 4-4-2 formation than in a 4-3-3 variation so far in the season. In crude numbers, yes, he scores less in the 4-4-2.

But he's played 680 minutes with Mbappe in a 442 system and has scored 8 goals. Without Mbappe he only has 1 goal and that's another 315 minutes, which means 1 goal in around 3.5 games but scores every 85 minutes with him on the pitch in the same system. Kinda huge difference.
    In the 4-3-3 variation he has 7 goals in 500 minutes with Mbappe which is quite impressive and another 4 goals without Mbappe in 457 minutes which is pretty average for Icardi (goal every 114 minutes).

Icardi has been in a game situation 10 times in a 4-3-3 without Mbappe whilst 9 times with him.
    Icardi has been in a game situation 5 times in a 4-4-2 without Mbappe whilst 12 times with him.

I don't even want to talk about how Icardi didn't have a pre-season at all, let alone with his new teammates. To me whom I've been watching a lot of PSG this season it seems that Icardi feels much better in the 4-4-2 system, especially next to Mbappe. And Mbappe benefits a lot next to Icardi in the same formation.

I mean, Mbappe has 11 goals in 11 appearances with Icardi in the 4-4-2 system. He has 30 goals total of course, so it's just a significant portion of that but Mbappe scores more when Icardi is on the pitch in general. In the league I think he only has 4 goals in 7 appearances without Icardi which is still very solid but it's not really so impressive.

For tl;dr guys, it doesn't really matter what the basic numbers say, what matters for PSG and Icardi's numbers is if Kylian Mbappe is playing. Because if he's not, Icardi is in not that much of a greater situation than he was at Inter whether it's 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Alonso+60m, I am happy with that deal. Or Jorginho+40m. Or Jorginho+Alonso+30m. I'm happy with any of these deals.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

18. Thanks (6): Adriano, Batman, bolo, Linege, MVD, nurko

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Alonso+60m, I am happy with that deal. Or Jorginho+40m. Or Jorginho+Alonso+30m. I'm happy with any of these deals.
    You rate Alonso to 10m?! Not sure that Chelsea think like you
    I can foresee Chelsea's offer. Alonso (Emerson)+Moses = Icardi

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

I still think he ends up at Milan. They can't resist going for Inter players no matter who it may be. I thought that's where he was going to go in the summer as we didn't want to hand him to juve.

Icardi wants to stay in Italy and especially Milan, the club doesn't want him and Milan will desperately want a top striker as they can't rely on an old Ibrahimovic and inexperienced Leao. They will probably make an obligation deal and pay installments or some shit.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    I still think he ends up at Milan.
    I am ok with that too. Theo + 40m please.

23. Thanks (3): geva, Materazzi_23, nurko

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I don't follow Ligue 1 closely but coincidentally Icardi's form started to drop when Tuchel decided to switch to a formation with two forwards. Just food for thought.

There were also rumours Icardi had issues with Tuchel. If it's true, then the German is the second coach in a row who has issues with Icardi, after Spalletti.
    He got problems at Barca, then Argentinia, Inter, now PSG...to not forget the things he made in he's private life. This guy never will never change ...
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Dealing with Chelski would be ideal, as we need players from them and we can both over-evaluate players for FFP. However, not sure Wandita would agree.

I still think he ends up at Milan. They can't resist going for Inter players no matter who it may be. I thought that's where he was going to go in the summer as we didn't want to hand him to juve.

Icardi wants to stay in Italy and especially Milan, the club doesn't want him and Milan will desperately want a top striker as they can't rely on an old Ibrahimovic and inexperienced Leao. They will probably make an obligation deal and pay installments or some shit.
    Yes, this is a compromise our club could agree to. Problem is, how could milan aford him? I can see Leonardo snapping up Paquetas from milan, so would P$G activate his release clause only to send him to milan? Icardi would have to first sign the P$G contract... Directly? They do not seem to be on the good side of FFP balance.

Report: Milan have Icardi 'dream'

Milan are ‘dreaming’ of a sensational deal to sign Mauro Icardi from arch-rivals Inter, claims Corriere dello Sport. The newspaper writes Milan could benefit from the continuing standoff between Inter and Juventus, who have long been linked with taking the striker to Turin.

The Argentine is currently on loan at Paris Saint-Germain, where he has scored 20 goals this season, and the French giants have a €70m option to buy. However, speculation surfaced earlier this week that the 26-year-old is not planning to stay beyond the end of his loan spell.

As per Il Corriere, Icardi would represent “the real leader Milan need, who makes a difference on the pitch.” Furthermore, the move is described as having a better chance of taking off if Luciano Spalletti is appointed the Rossoneri’s next coach. Maurito enjoyed his best individual campaign under Spalletti in 2017-18, when he helped fire Inter back into the Champions League with 29 Serie A goals.

However, the publication warns Italian sides hoping to sign Icardi face an additional €15m premium, so he would cost the Rossoneri at least €85m. That would contradict Gazzetta dello Sport’s report of Elliott Management only preparing to invest €75m on new players this summer. On the other hand, it is no secret the hitman enjoys living in Milan and several players have crossed the San Siro divide over the years.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

^ My guess is we directly sell him to them than to juve, especially if we can't find a deal with Napoli. They sell Paqueta and a few other shitty players to raise some money and probably agree a deal to pay us either in installments or (highly unlikely) Gazidis desperately wants him and pays us in full if we ask for a lower fee. I think he's only got 2 years left on his contract so ideally we'll want to sell him to whoever wants him most in the summer transfer window (after the COVID bullshit).

Unpopular opinion, but I don't mind having him back as a striker
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

Greece

Unpopular opinion, but I don't mind having him back as a striker
    He remains the best striker we have on the books.

Conte uomo di merda