Page 958 of 958 FirstFirst ... 458858908948955956957958
Results 19,141 to 19,157 of 19157

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    How come we don't count the horrible Frankfurt shows.
    This just Serie A obviously

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    assuming for the sake of argument this is 100% true, it cannot serve as an excuse. it's just too convenient. whatever the agent says, he/she is saying it on behalf of their client, unless said client fires the agent the very next day.

wanda's faults as a person are quite obvious. but i blame icardi and icardi only. i don't care about what wanda says or does per se, she's merely a spokesperson and someone who deals the contracts for him: that's what being an agent is about.

the only thing i blame wanda nara for is when she says her opinions are different from icardi's: either she is dumber than she looks or she is insulting interisti's intelligence.
    Excuse for what?

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Excuse for what?
    for him acting like a "childish imbecile". you said everyone's saying he's a good lad while speaking ill about her. and that he's acting like this because of her: should this be considered some sort of attenuating circumstance? should we feel pity for him cause he would act in a different way if it weren't for her? i feel we should blame him and him only. the agent is just an extension of the player.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

4. Thanks (1): rfU

Bosnia Herzegovina

Perisic subtly implying who he prefers
    Screenshot_20190319-204506~01.jpg

I mean at this point we can surely say something BIG happened between them.This amount of shit stirring isnt normal reaction for someone who got offended by wandas comment

6. Thanks (3): firmino, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Meh Dzeko, such an Inter transfer.

I'd search the replacement in Werner, Jovic, Volland. Or the cheaper options with some potential though/back up for Martinez in Muriel, Batshuayi (although probably not as cheap)
    I'd take dzeko over any of those guys. Werner I don't think would settle well in Italy, different cultures etc. and that might affect his performance.

Benzema is barely a 15 goals a season striker in la liga why would he perform here as our main striker? Good player not a good striker.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Benzema can score one goal for all I care, if we play better and get more points it doesn't matter if he has 30 assists or 30 goals. Also, the point of Benzema is so that Lautaro isn't the only real Striker next season. Maybe even just two strikers ain't enough (seeing how Lautaro keeps getting yellow cards )

I wonder what is the plan with Gabigol....
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

9. Thanks (2): KevinB, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    i'd say no one except for a couple of FIFers affected by stockholm syndrome
    That's incorrect. The official version of FIF is that everybody agrees with the stripping, just not the timing. I know you might be suprised with this when following discussions, but that's apparently the way people say things go over here.

Oh wait...
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    I have our attack for next season in this pic
    Argies do well here...and this lads are technically... Mamma mia hold my beer

Lautaro
    Dybala-Correa

Fuck wingers and Icardi.

http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

assuming for the sake of argument this is 100% true, it cannot serve as an excuse. it's just too convenient. whatever the agent says, he/she is saying it on behalf of their client, unless said client fires the agent the very next day.

wanda's faults as a person are quite obvious. but i blame icardi and icardi only. i don't care about what wanda says or does per se, she's merely a spokesperson and someone who deals the contracts for him: that's what being an agent is about.

the only thing i blame wanda nara for is when she says her opinions are different from icardi's: either she is dumber than she looks or she is insulting interisti's intelligence.
    Let me ask you this: do you honestly think we'd be in the same mess had Icardi hired a professional agent?

I'm not saying Icardi is completely blameless - he has had fuck ups without Wanda being directly involved (i.e. threatening ultras in his book).
    But pertaining to this situation, you'd have to do some serious mental gymnastics to divert the entire blame from Wanda (who is clearly the main instigator behind this chaos) to Icardi.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

14. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Scotland

Figured out what Maurito been upto the last month or so, hust watched a movie called Breaking In with him in it...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0DJKnG3JpBo/maxresdefault.jpg

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Walter Zenga was “stunned” by Mauro Icardi’s Inter statement, because “if you love a club, you love it even if they take away your armband.”

The striker was stripped of the captaincy on February 13 and has not even trained with his teammates since then, officially due to a knee injury.

He largely stayed silent during this period, but did post an Instagram message claiming he loves Inter more than those currently in charge.

“I was stunned by Icardi’s Instagram statement,” former goalkeeper Zenga told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“I was born and raise at Inter, I have 22 years of Inter within me, and I believe that if you love a club, you love it regardless, even if they take away your armband.”

Zenga is also concerned at the role Icardi’s wife and agent Wanda Nara plays in this situation, as she is on live television every Sunday as a guest pundit on Tiki Taka.

“Nowadays, you cannot allow an agent to speak every Sunday evening, as there is an overlap of roles and duties. I do believe Beppe Marotta was right to choose this line of action and I am glad he did it.”
    Oh noo!! Look how we treated our top goalscorer!!!

Boohoo... just fuck off.

17. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Let me ask you this: do you honestly think we'd be in the same mess had Icardi hired a professional agent?

I'm not saying Icardi is completely blameless - he has had fuck ups without Wanda being directly involved (i.e. threatening ultras in his book).
    But pertaining to this situation, you'd have to do some serious mental gymnastics to divert the entire blame from Wanda (who is clearly the main instigator behind this chaos) to Icardi.
    mental gymnastics? why? what i said is actually fairly simple. of course an actual agent would not have created this mess, but then why doesn't icardi hire a professional? what prevents him from firing his disastrous agent and hire a new one? he doesn't want to get into an argument with his wife? i couldn't give two shits, it's his problem.

if he can't or doesn't want to solve this, screw him. i'm fed up with all this saga anyway. i just hope he leaves and the sooner the better.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Wings

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Lmao this guy had an autobiography at age 25.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

mental gymnastics? why? what i said is actually fairly simple. of course an actual agent would not have created this mess, but then why doesn't icardi hire a professional? what prevents him from firing his disastrous agent and hire a new one? he doesn't want to get into an argument with his wife? i couldn't give two shits, it's his problem.

if he can't or doesn't want to solve this, screw him. i'm fed up with all this saga anyway. i just hope he leaves and the sooner the better.
    Well, you pretty much answered your own question. He's married to his agent and has two kids with her. He might just lose his kids in the process of hiring a professional agent

Of course you don't have to give a shit, and of course this is Icardi's problem. You are deviating from the point. We were talking about who is mainly to blame for all this. You said, it's all on Icardi and I argued it's mainly Wanda's fault.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

How am I deviating from the point? Yes, Wanda has a responsibility and a big one: but the way I see it, it's towards her husband.

I don't even want to write about how big of a failure she is being as a wife (she is damaging icardi) and basically also in being a decent human being. I see this as just a private matter though.

As an agent, I merely consider her a spokesperson for Icardi.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I acknowledge up front that I have been critical of Inter's management and the way this has been handled since Icardi was stripped of the Captaincy. That is not to say that I do not agree with stripping Icardi of the Captaincy and giving it to Handanovic. I just have problems with the way it was done.

The situation has not been straight forward because there are so many protagonists from Icardi, Wanda (the wife, agent and "commentator"), players in our squad: Perisic, Brozovic, Politano, Martinez (who have all at different times weighed in), the club (Zhang, Marotta, Ausilio, Spalletti), and the media. I am not surprised that we can not get a straight story and that there are so many conflicting views.

However, the two things that I am certain about is that Icardi could easily have intervened to rein in his agent/commentator but has remained silent throughout. For me, that is a sign that he is complicit in the way she attempted to negotiate and advocate on his behalf. When it comes down to it, if he really loved the club, he would put all of this aside, tie up his boots and do what the club pay him to do. And if he is not prepared to do that, as a bare minimum, he would speak out and say exactly where he stands. At the moment, all we have are comments from his agent and his Instagram posts which in effect amount to whole lot of nothing.

In relation to Inter as a club, all I can say is that there have been mixed signals. I think the club did not foresee Icardi's reaction and at the beginning took a piece meal approach to dealing with stripping him of the Captaincy and the resulting fallout. It was evident that management were not on the same page as Marotta, Ausilio and Spalletti all had different or varying opinions (and it is obvious that Spalletti presently refuses to tow the line). I also think that stripping Icardi of the Captaincy without an adequate explanation has allowed Wanda the agent, the media and the fans to all make assumptions without really having a clear idea about the reason(s).

Of course, some will say that there is no obligation to air dirty laundry in public but given the way the club is treated by the media, the environment around the club and the stature of the player as the club's most marketable asset, some sort of explanation may have helped the situation rather than there being so much speculation. In that regard, I think both Icardi and Inter as a club are equally responsible for their silence. And it may even be the case that the greater onus was on Inter because of the action they took of stripping of Icardi of the Captaincy without an explanation.

Where do i stand now? I am less panicked because Martinez is getting playing time and making an impact. In a way, Icardi's forced absence is allowing Martinez precious playing time and he is learning and growing in his role as lead striker in Icardi's absence. When i hear the names the club is allegedly considering to take Icardi's place, I feel horribly underwhelmed because there is every indication that the club want to spend a minimal amount of money and replace him with a shit player. For me, as an Inter supporter, it has led me to reconsider my position.

I do not want Inter to sell Icardi at a cut price nor do I want to see him playing for the likes of Juventus, Real Mardid, Barcelona, or Chelsea. I also do not want to see him replaced with the likes of Dzeko or Zapata but can see this happening because our coach wants to relive his Roma days in Milano and because our owners are cheap Motherfuckers. As an Inter supporter, I want him to stay at the club and continue scoring for us and I am willing to forgive what has happened in the last few months. Many posters on here will disagree with me and at this stage, I doubt whether that is even possible. I acknowledge that no player is bigger than Inter as a club but the club itself has failed to manage this in a way that is fitting of its stature. Personally, I see Icardi staying as the best option because I have little confidence that Inter will sell Icardi for his true worth, that the club can properly spend any money it receives and find a player of equal if not better stature.

Of course, there are all the practical problems that I posted yesterday. None of this will be easy and if any reconciliation were to happen, it would in all likelihood fall apart when he returns to the field because our supporters at the Meazza will definitely let the player and the club know that he is no longer welcome as an Inter player. I also think Perisic needs to be sold and Spalletti, as a bare minimum needs to stop criticising Icardi and opposing Marotta at every opportunity.

Lastly, I am sure that when all of the dust settles and we see him scoring goals in the colours of a "big club", we will have serious regrets about letting him go just as we have done with the numerous players that left before him.
    Last edited by Puma; Today at 03:00.
    #FlyEaglesFly

24. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    This just Serie A obviously

I'm not asking what it is, I'm asking why it is.

Selectively biasing our statistics for more favorable comparison?
    Wallace

26. Thanks (1): _OC_