View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

170 76.23%
  • No

53 23.77%
Page 1037 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 3753793798710271034103510361037103810391040104710871137 ... LastLast
Results 20,721 to 20,740 of 24198

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Crespo

Egypt

Forum Supporter
    I can't believe that there are people here trying to blame Marotta for the situation. Guys, I've always been the no 1 MI fanboy, I stood by him over the Napoli threats at the last renewal, by him against the Curva after his ridiculous autobiography etc etc. But what has transpired (and is currently happening at the moment) is no fault but Mauro and Wanda's.

If it costs us 40mil to reinstate a sense of loyalty and a proper locker room the imo that's a small price to pay. If we want all players to recognize that the club won't be fucked with and the entire structure stands behind a certain ethos, then there can be no exceptions. And now this talk of a possible lawsuit to weasel out of his contract? Disgusting.

I recognize that such actions come at a cost. But you can't complain about certain things (lax attitude, lack of ambition, metal checkout in Jan) and then complain when the club does what it believes is necessary to counter that.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter, Wanda calls Conte: 'Free Icardi at no cost'

Mauro Icardi's future is destined to be away from Inter Milan, despite the striker's desire to remain at the club. The Nerazzurri are looking to sell their former captain but in the meantime, they have to deal with the problem of Wanda Nara, who wants the club to free her husband and client at no cost.

According to La Repubblica, there would have been a one-hour phone call between Conte and Wanda. But no solution has been reached, quite the opposite. Wanda told Conte that Icardi wants to play at Inter next year and that he considers the former Chelsea manager an excellent coach.

For his part, Antonio Conte reiterated to the Argentinian agent that he will not focus on the striker next season. In response, Conte heard this sentence: "If so, then free Icardi at no cost and let him go somewhere else". An attitude that according to Inter is not justifiable from any perspective.

But in the meantime, it seems that something is cooking. Wanda Nara has hurried back to Milano for work, as she wrote on her Twitter account today.

Inter thinks that it's a strategy to then be able to sign for Juventus on a free transfer, while the Nerazzurri want Paulo Dybala in exchange for their attacker. The club doesn't want to go to court but time is running out and they would like to close everything by the end of June.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post
    I can't believe that there are people here trying to blame Marotta for the situation. Guys, I've always been the no 1 MI fanboy, I stood by him over the Napoli threats at the last renewal, by him against the Curva after his ridiculous autobiography etc etc. But what has transpired (and is currently happening at the moment) is no fault but Mauro and Wanda's.

If it costs us 40mil to reinstate a sense of loyalty and a proper locker room the imo that's a small price to pay. If we want all players to recognize that the club won't be fucked with and the entire structure stands behind a certain ethos, then there can be no exceptions. And now this talk of a possible lawsuit to weasel out of his contract? Disgusting.

I recognize that such actions come at a cost. But you can't complain about certain things (lax attitude, lack of ambition, metal checkout in Jan) and then complain when the club does what it believes is necessary to counter that.
    Exactly, my friend! By doing so we also make future signings know that you came to the Inter of Marotta, not Moratti. It's better to pay that loss in Mauro's value now to avoid zillions of money flushed down the toilet in the future.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

5. Thanks (4): Mnassar, MVD, PHM1605, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post

That the whole situation is Icardi's and Wanda's fault has nothing to do that it was/is piss poor managed from our club.

7. Thanks (2): Mnassar, Sqnalkel

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post

Mauro Icardi's future is destined to be away from Inter Milan, despite the striker's desire to remain at the club. The Nerazzurri are looking to sell their former captain but in the meantime, they have to deal with the problem of Wanda Nara, who wants the club to free her husband and client at no cost.

According to La Repubblica, there would have been a one-hour phone call between Conte and Wanda. But no solution has been reached, quite the opposite. Wanda told Conte that Icardi wants to play at Inter next year and that he considers the former Chelsea manager an excellent coach.

For his part, Antonio Conte reiterated to the Argentinian agent that he will not focus on the striker next season. In response, Conte heard this sentence: "If so, then free Icardi at no cost and let him go somewhere else". An attitude that according to Inter is not justifiable from any perspective.

But in the meantime, it seems that something is cooking. Wanda Nara has hurried back to Milano for work, as she wrote on her Twitter account today.

Inter thinks that it's a strategy to then be able to sign for Juventus on a free transfer, while the Nerazzurri want Paulo Dybala in exchange for their attacker. The club doesn't want to go to court but time is running out and they would like to close everything by the end of June.
    So much for loving Inter lol
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

9. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    We should generate the capital gains by other means than selling Icardi. So that they don't have the leverage on us. They will lose more than us if they stay at Inter and Icardi ends up playing two games in a season as the 5th striker. Only thing we basically lose is his salary + potential transfer fee if we want to count that. His value in our balance sheet is non-existent so that's not a problem at all.

Of course that potential transfer fee is big but at this point it isn't that big anymore that we should just bend to everything. Icardians lose more if they play minimal amount of games in the next two years.

11. Thanks (4): pier, rfU, thatdude, vex

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

13. Thanks (5): Kakaroto, Mnassar, MVD, thatdude, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Bergpavian View Post
    That the whole situation is Icardi's and Wanda's fault has nothing to do that it was/is piss poor managed from our club.
    Maybe we could have been more diplomatic in hindsight, but for me situation was really simple, we had to show some balls as a club and cut this thing in its roots, and by doing that we showed how much of a cunt he and his wife really are. Their true side wouldn't have come up (icardis refusal to play, wandas meltdown on tv) if we dealt this situation with a diplomatic tone, and for me that's worth more than a potential 100 millions we would get for him in a normal circumstances. Yeah we fucked up his price tag but at least snakes are out in the open where everyone can see them.

15. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    Maybe we could have been more diplomatic in hindsight, but for me situation was really simple, we had to show some balls as a club and cut this thing in its roots, and by doing that we showed how much of a cunt he and his wife really are. Their true side wouldn't have come up (icardis refusal to play, wandas meltdown on tv) if we dealt this situation with a diplomatic tone, and for me that's worth more than a potential 100 millions we would get for him in a normal circumstances.
    That's the point. It kinda feels like we are never able to "cut such things in its roots". We should have benched him in January or in the first half February. His poor form could have been used as excuse and nobody would have lost his face (well, he should have been benched anyway during his poor run).

But IIRC we played against Parma on a Sunday and after another poor game Spalletti defended Icardi. On Monday or Tuesday Zanetti called Icardi the future of Inter. And on Wednesday Icardi was stripped of the armband. To say it with the words of Ron Burgundy: "Boy, that escalated quickly."

17. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Italy

Icardi played horribly in the second part of the season, as we all remember. It certainly doesn't help his case: if he's the fifth in the pecking order, which would be the case if he stays, he won't be able to prove that there is mobbing.

For what he has showed recently, he can only be the last choice.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

19. Thanks (2): forzainter257, MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post

Damn journalist's tapping phones again...
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Bergpavian View Post
    That's the point. It kinda feels like we are never able to "cut such things in its roots". We should have benched him in January or in the first half February. His poor form could have been used as excuse and nobody would have lost his face (well, he should have been benched anyway during his poor run).

But IIRC we played against Parma on a Sunday and after another poor game Spalletti defended Icardi. On Monday or Tuesday Zanetti called Icardi the future of Inter. And on Wednesday Icardi was stripped of the armband. To say it with the words of Ron Burgundy: "Boy, that escalated quickly."
    But even if bench was his harshest punishment I think the shitstorm would have been more or less the same, media would start speculating and talkin shit, wanda and icardi too, and you would have icardi on discount come july.

In terms of his stripping, I think it all depends on your personality and which type of managemnt you like, I am more in favor of fuck off and no nonsense type like marotta, although admittedly it probably made situation a little bit worse.

22. Thanks (1): rfU

Federated States of Micronesia

Suning has no problem paying Ramires for a year not in squad. So...be it.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

After this point I don’t care about the financial lost and I hope the club is thinking the same way. Let him rot in the stands for the next 2 years. If he is 1 minute late, give him to biggest fine. Tell Wanda she isn’t welcome in the stadium anymore(like a stadium ban or something like that). Do anything what is in his contract, as long as Inter does that he can’t sue Inter(he can but he will not win any case). I always thought respect is very important in Chinese culture so I hope Zhang will show everyone what happens if you disrespect the club.

I’m done with him and his whore. Let’s see what happens with his career if he doesn’t play for 2 years. F*ck Icardi and f*ck Wanda.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lol, I love how you all react to a fucking article as if it's the gospel.

Wanda talked to Conte for AN HOUR... Okay. What did they say?

Wanda said that Icardi wants to stay at Inter. Okay... So Conte says he doesn't want him. What does that really mean? That he's put shackles on him? No, it means that he's UNWANTED and/or TRANSFER LISTED!

So Wanda now tells Conte "free him".... Ermm, what the fuck was the discussion about in the first place? Did Conte say that he likes having him around but he won't play? Is it Conte's decision to arrange the details of a sale? Why would Wanda talk to Conte for an hour discussing the "liberty" of a player? And why would a coach talk to a player's agent or wife for an hour in the first place? Not really common practice.

I'm really anticipating the number of people who will again side with the management when the next guy (aka Skriniar) who suffers this inexplicable attitude from the club comes to publicity.

It's funny how people welcomed Joao fucking Mario back but with Icardi they just side with whatever the media is saying and pick whatever they like from Marotta & Spalletti's contradictory statements. I wonder why Javier Zanetti still wants Mauro Icardi at Inter, he must be a closet juventino... He also must be a tool because he claimed less than 2 months ago that any issues between the club and Icardi were solved.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

27. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Inter7

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Can we just close the Icardi thread
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Netherlands

If we let this pagliaccio leave for free, it would represent the single biggest failing of Inter's management in my (short) lifetime.

30. Thanks (3): Kakaroto, MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Denmark

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Lol, I love how you all react to a fucking article as if it's the gospel.

Wanda talked to Conte for AN HOUR... Okay. What did they say?

Wanda said that Icardi wants to stay at Inter. Okay... So Conte says he doesn't want him. What does that really mean? That he's put shackles on him? No, it means that he's UNWANTED and/or TRANSFER LISTED!

So Wanda now tells Conte "free him".... Ermm, what the fuck was the discussion about in the first place? Did Conte say that he likes having him around but he won't play? Is it Conte's decision to arrange the details of a sale? Why would Wanda talk to Conte for an hour discussing the "liberty" of a player? And why would a coach talk to a player's agent or wife for an hour in the first place? Not really common practice.

I'm really anticipating the number of people who will again side with the management when the next guy (aka Skriniar) who suffers this inexplicable attitude from the club comes to publicity.

It's funny how people welcomed Joao fucking Mario back but with Icardi they just side with whatever the media is saying and pick whatever they like from Marotta & Spalletti's contradictory statements. I wonder why Javier Zanetti still wants Mauro Icardi at Inter, he must be a closet juventino... He also must be a tool because he claimed less than 2 months ago that any issues between the club and Icardi were solved.
    Despite the apparent eloquence in your posts regarding Icardi (and other subjects), you're making false arguments to fit into your perception of the situation.
    PLUR

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquez View Post
    Despite the apparent eloquence in your posts regarding Icardi (and other subjects), you're making false arguments to fit into your perception of the situation.
    Which is the false argument exactly? That this may very well occur again with another player? That Wanda and Conte are in no position to discuss contractual disputes and transfer prices? Or that Zanetti hasn't said that the Icardi issue was resolved? Please clarify, because it's super easy to "dismiss" something you cannot argue with. It is sometimes called being childish.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Can we just close the Icardi thread
    Totally agree, at this point we are just recycling the same shit over and over again, and its fucking frustrating to even read this thread let alone discuss something.