View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

167 75.91%
  • No

53 24.09%
Page 1144 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 144644104410941134114111421143114411451146114711541194 ... LastLast
Results 22,861 to 22,880 of 23883

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Everybody getting so emotional about this guy and I get it. but play moneyball here. You need goals and assists. If you get rid of Icardi, you need to replace him with other value somewhere. Why sell him for massively under market? why bench him if we can get him to fix his attitude and work for the team.

Honestly, the way management was so publicly against him - he was always likely to stay or they already had a home run deal for him (maybe with juve). Otherwise it is criminal negligence to completely tank your negotiating power and so publicly devalue your player.

Icardi is no Zanetti - his value is $$ - not some legendary larger than life meaning.

2. Thanks (2): Batman, Wallace

Malta

Rube have announced their official squad list with numbers as well and have left the number 9 open. Hmmmm

4. Thanks (1): Adriano

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Yep

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks (3): Adriano, kameru, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    I don’t think anything similar of such proportions has ever happened before.

You freeze a player from matches, trainings, strip his number and give it to someone else then 10 days before the transfer market ends, give him back a jersey number and the player looks 100% content with all the shit thats happened.

Only at Inter.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Let's start Icardi and Lukaku in that 3-5-2, because why the f not?
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

9. Thanks (1): Adriano

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    I donít think anything similar of such proportions has ever happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post

You freeze a player from matches, trainings, strip his number and give it to someone else then 10 days before the transfer market ends, give him back a jersey number and the player looks 100% content with all the shit thats happened.

Only at Inter.

Thatís why itís #NotForEveryone
    Dr. Marotta

11. Thanks (3): A.l.i, n4l, Rain

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by ChillBro View Post
    Everybody getting so emotional about this guy and I get it. but play moneyball here. You need goals and assists. If you get rid of Icardi, you need to replace him with other value somewhere. Why sell him for massively under market? why bench him if we can get him to fix his attitude and work for the team.

Honestly, the way management was so publicly against him - he was always likely to stay or they already had a home run deal for him (maybe with juve). Otherwise it is criminal negligence to completely tank your negotiating power and so publicly devalue your player.

Icardi is no Zanetti - his value is $$ - not some legendary larger than life meaning.
    He started telling he wants to stay only when rube became unsure about signing him.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    He started telling he wants to stay only when rube became unsure about signing him.
    He has always said he wants to stay though.
    david mcgoldrick

15. Thanks (2): MVD, Native

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    He has always said he wants to stay though.
    Why didn't he sign the contract then? Yeah, it was lower than his expectations, but that's how you prove you want to stay by accepting the club's offer despite there are better options. There are plenty of examples how players sacrifice better opportunities for a club they wanna play for
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

17. Thanks (2): bjwam4, MVD

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ChillBro View Post

Like your analysis. The biggest problem is why should the club " fix his attitude" that's all on him. We can argue to the end of time about how this mess happened, but it's really up to him to make the mea culpas big time.

19. Thanks (1): ChillBro

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    Why didn't he sign the contract then? Yeah, it was lower than his expectations, but that's how you prove you want to stay by accepting the club's offer despite there are better options. There are plenty of examples how players sacrifice better opportunities for a club they wanna play for
    And plenty of examples not.

Some people feel like they deserve more than they are given, and thus ask for more for what they deserve, I have absolutely no qualms with that, and I absolutely understand that perspective because I would do the same. The problem is simply the negotiation style that was carried out which involved wife talking publicly about the incompetence of other team mates, which was true, but still out of courtesy of team work and a positive collaborative environment, shouldn’t have been done.

If anything, Icardi has never said a word about wanting to play for another team or regret that he joined this team, unlike both Perisic and Nainggolan.
    Dr. Marotta

21. Thanks (3): brakbrak, Ethor, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Both Icardi clan and our mgmt are retarded

Good day

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Chill bros. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. It could be anything.

- Maybe Icardi apologised to Conte and is being given a chance at redemption.

- Maybe he was granted the No 7 just to hint to Man Utd that we may not loan Sanchez at their terms.

- Maybe Inter already have a deal with Juve for Icardi, and know that no 7 will be available again soon.

- Or maybe Inter just don't want more public drama, everything is still the same. Its just a number after all.

The point is, we don't know. Lets see how this plays out before we judge.

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Chill bros. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. It could be anything.

- Maybe Icardi apologised to Conte and is being given a chance at redemption.

- Maybe he was granted the No 7 just to hint to Man Utd that we may not loan Sanchez at their terms.

- Maybe Inter already have a deal with Juve for Icardi, and know that no 7 will be available again soon.

- Or maybe Inter just don't want more public drama, everything is still the same. Its just a number after all.

The point is, we don't know. Lets see how this plays out before we judge.
    Why do that when we can endlessly speculate, attritubiting our preconceived notions and biases to irrationally attack anyone who disagrees with our rampantly baseless conjecture??

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Icardi lukaku politano Sanchez and lauturo + off the ball movement and more than one ball playing cm (brozo and sensi) will we actually see flowing offensive football?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    There is going to be at least 1 game in the year where Nainggolan, Brozovic and Vidal click perfectly and absolutely mouth fuck some poor team's midfield.

I can't wait.

Fav. Player
    #4, Recoba,Eto

England

I hope icardi stays and rejoins the squad (assuming he desires to)

27. Thanks (1): A.l.i

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Even if Icardi stays, I just don't see this team being all that great a.k.a. being on the level of Napoli and Juve. I trust the coach, but our attacking options and our wingback options are kinda eeeh. Politano doesn't fit, Esposito won't really play much, but compared to Lautaro and Lukaku, he looks better at passing into dangerous positions, that is why I'm still on the fence with Lukaku and Lautaro being our two main strikers.

Hopefully Conte can make this team into a grinding machine, but in the meantime we need to sell Icardi and bring somebody like Esposito, just more experienced. I hope we are going away from crossing each game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    #4, Recoba,Eto

England

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Even if Icardi stays, I just don't see this team being all that great a.k.a. being on the level of Napoli and Juve. I trust the coach, but our attacking options and our wingback options are kinda eeeh. Politano doesn't fit, Esposito won't really play much, but compared to Lautaro and Lukaku, he looks better at passing into dangerous positions, that is why I'm still on the fence with Lukaku and Lautaro being our two main strikers.

Hopefully Conte can make this team into a grinding machine, but in the meantime we need to sell Icardi and bring somebody like Esposito, just more experienced. I hope we are going away from crossing each game.
    Great quotes in your signature

30. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    I still think he is done at Inter, despite that he is included in the squad list and also was given nr 7.

The reason of this, is because Inter is avoiding legal actions and wants to go through normal procedures to get rid of him. I said in the beginning that it's very sad that Icardi's career at Inter is gonna end like this.

But one thing is certain, we are a clown club.

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

We would have been even more of a joke if we allowed players to act like divas and have no repercussions!!

Which ever way our management handle it be it for the good or bad , there is never any smoke without fire.

I am sure the truth will be unveiled soon.. until then true professionals do their talking on the pitch , not assign wide mouthed old hagg

33. Thanks (2): Bluenine, forzainter257