View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 76.13%
  • No

53 23.87%
Page 793 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 293693743783790791792793794795796803843893 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,860 of 24027

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    The problem with Icardi is that he already made mistakes writing a stupid book. Icardi is known for this mistakes and he never will change. Every player made some mistake yes. But he will never learn, that's the problem. This guy is not a captain. Not today and not in 10 years. Never.
    That book was a crap decision. What other mistakes are there?

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    This whole debacle is basically a debacle in the media. It's almost like non-existent issue in reality. Yeah, Wanda is what Wanda is and she stirs this shit but it's not unheard of from the agents. Raiola, Mendes etc they've all done all kinds of shit throughout the years, it's nothing new. Media have made this so big that it's coming from every channel.

They will discuss next week and maybe come to resolution or then continue working with the contract but it doesn't have to be this kind of shit show in the media. Thing is it is because this kind of shitshow sells.

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    Yeah, i's the media stirring a lot. And the modern day's need to be more and more dramatic and churn out shit to be relevant in the views-follower based media age.

As if these things are new, maybe back in the they they weren't as widely talked about and when it comes to Inter they weren't an issue as Moratti just gave almost everyone half-decent what they asked for.

It is absolutely normal for a person to ask for wages similar to what other prospective employers would be paying him, regardless of how much they might love the place they work. Just because footballers earn millions it doesn't make it any different - you want to be paid fair wages that match your contribution. I'd imagine most people here have been at one point involved in a salary negotiation in their life to appreciate this rather than go nuts.

But from what it seems, I am on the boat that our management is playing ridicilous game - he's not getting paid or being offered the wages that a player of his calibre is earning elsewhere. I think Inter as an employer should've respected a long and stable contributor like Icardi more than to go onto the table with an offer that was so far off what he should be offered.

And for me it's a worry for a club that claims that it wants to challenge for trophies.

4. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanel View Post
    Just because footballers earn millions it doesn't make it any different.
    yes it does. when you are a millionaire, it doesn't really make a difference to earn 5, 7 or 9. you're filthy rich anyway.

even when taking into consideration that players are professionals and stuff, yet the armband is absolutely not compatible with this attitude.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    yes it does. when you are a millionaire, it doesn't really make a difference to earn 5, 7 or 9. you're filthy rich anyway.

even when taking into consideration that players are professionals and stuff, yet the armband is absolutely not compatible with this attitude.
    commie.

also, players have a very limited span where they can earn those sums, and the revenue they generate makes those sums fully deserved
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

8. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    commie.

also, players have a very limited span where they can earn those sums, and the revenue they generate makes those sums fully deserved
    5 mln per year x 15 years = 75 mln. that is, without taking into consideration all the sponsors. i'm pretty sure he would manage to get by, somehow.

these guys become rich because of our passion.

athletes who practice non-popular sports work their asses just like football players and in many cases more, but they need an "actual" job for a living because their sports have few supporters.

seeing as passion is all that moves professional sports, maybe, just maybe, the captain might even try not to be 100% a mercenary.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, gotta love those who think they are smart because they are "realistic"
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    That book was a crap decision. What other mistakes are there?
    Marrying Wanda
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

12. Thanks (2): Handoyo, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Corriere saying we’re after Piatek and Werner already. I’m telling you, they read FIF.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    For those of you who are raising your pitchforks...

Imagine if you're a super promising superstar in your industry and you're working for say...Hyundai freaking Motors. You've rejected offers from BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen for the past 3 years, despite them offering double your salary. And while you have been getting a payrise every year, those bigger and more prestigious companies are still offering to double your income. Not to mention, your peers are getting that same amount of wage that you have been rejecting in the past.

Take off your Interisti glasses and accept Icardi's or any human being's greed, for me there is just no way that Icardi is being ungrateful in this negotiations. Yes Inter has developed Icardi to the world class player that he is but I personally feel that Icardi has sufficiently repaid us back by staying with us for years despite our mediocrity.

I hope Icardi is given the benefit of the doubt, and the respect that he deserves throughout this difficult period.

Venezuela

Actually millionaires fight a lot harder in contract negotiations than normal people, and by a lot harder I mean a contract negotiation with a top employer than earns millions it's as difficult as dealing with a syndicate.

Anyways it just retarded to not try to earn as much as possible, Icardi and Wanda probably know that we won't pay him €12M that's what the likes of Real, Chelsea, etc. would pay him, but that doesn't mean they'll accept €7M, less than €8m I think it's impossible.
    "Si chiamerà Internazionale, perchè noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

LET'S SHAKE ON IT, CAPTAIN!

• Inter to try finding an agreement with Icardi.
    • Inter president Zhang reassures Mauro: "Soon we will see each other to talk contract."
    • Marotta: "Fans can stay calm."

FINDING AGREEMENT

• Icardi attacks: "I want a concrete offer."
    • Inter move: "Fans, stay calm." Inter captain heats up contract matter.
    • Difference remains for the work of Wanda. But Steven extends his hand: "We will talk soon."

Negotiation between Inter and Icardi has become more and more like a novel. A long duel that is made of attacks, retreats, pauses, reflections and twists. Inter and their captain are united by the will of continuing together but at times, they are divided by the way of getting there to continue living together. Just look at yesterday when both sides exchanged statements, first started by Mauro, and then both put their weapons aside to try finding an agreement. Decisive words came from management, at the end of a meeting in the center between Steven Zhang, just returned from China, Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta and CFO Giovanni Gardini. “Everything is ok, Mauro is our captain and we will speak with him very soon,” Zhang said. Marotta then chimes in: “We are calm, so should the fans. We will talk about it next week.”

In short, everything will have to wait until either Monday or Tuesday when there will be the first official meeting between Beppe Marotta and Wanda Nara in Corso Vitorrio Emanuele and negotiations to extend the contract of Icardi will come alive. But do not let the fact that Inter executives seem to have cooled down deceive you: the last couple of days, after the late return of Mauro from Christmas holidays in Argentina, were anything but enjoyable or simple. And then yesterday, the same number 9 spoke for the first time about his contract on Instagram: “My renewal will happen when Inter make a correct and concrete offer.”

Two roads - Inter have always been clear on this situation: they consider Mauro to be an extremely important player and have never thought of selling him but they want to do it (even before Marotta's arrival) without too much fuss, by meeting his representatives face to face. Inter and his wife-agent Wanda, on the other hand, have chosen to go the opposite way: everything related to this renewal is relevant in the public, it is being discussed on TV, in newspapers and on social medial. This long distance clash really annoys Inter because of Wanda’s behavior and her public comments. After receiving a fine of €100K and the provocation of Wanda (to AS, Spanish newspaper), yesterday was Mauro’s turn to mark his territory. First, he attacked the Gazzetta dello Sport for writing that “the club will ask the captain to negotiate with another representative” other than Wanda Nara; then he reaffirmed his unconditional trust in his wife as an agent; finally Icardi talked about the contract.

With 4.6 million followers on Instagram, he wrote: “I would like to point out that I am very very happy and satisfied with the work that we have done together until now. This is why Wanda will always take care of my and our interest until the end of my career. I want to clarify to all the fans who read pseudo journalists and ‘serious’ newspapers, who write without knowing or give instructions to write without knowing the facts, that my renewal will happen when Inter make a contract and concrete offer. Only then we can speak of a truth renewal and not the gratuitous lies that are spread today.”

Agreement - Giuseppe Marotta has summoned Wanda to Corso Vittorio Emanuele headquarters at the beginning of next week. Wanda is known to be… “without filters” and Inter will ask Wanda to be less of that as well as a protagonist now that talk will soon start officially. This is the starting point of Inter which will also present a new offer at the table because one delivered in autumn to the player was not considered satisfactory by Wanda and Mauro. This new negotiation will be for a contract until 2023 with a wage of €7M including bonuses. It will be the first real increase since the rejection (€6M) and also since that famous Wanda’s tweet of “I’m reading the pages of renewal” but that was with Nike.

Without going back to this starting point, Inter will try to put everything back to the basics, without that total clash that seemed to be on the horizon in the last meeting: aiming not to pull too hard towards their side looking for an agreement with the player’s reps. Icardi today earns €5.3M a year and will start a request of €9M. In this sense, Steven Zhang himself started the rebuilding work: “Mauro is our captain. Soon we will meet and talk about his contract. We are not having discussions with the player who is very professional and everything is ok. The disciplinary chapter for being late is closed, and now it is time to talk about the future: “The fans can stay calm,” said Marotta. The certainty is that this won't be the last time we talk about it.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Corriere saying we’re after Piatek and Werner already. I’m telling you, they read FIF.
    TBF what other options do you see? I dont see any. Its not about FIF but current market.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    And Tuttosport report we'll go for Dybala in case we sell Icardi. It wouldn't be the first time FIF start transfer rumours.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think Icardi's instarant was not against the club it was against a newspaper attacking his wife and honestly who wouldn't do the same thing if his wife was treated like that in the media?

It's obvious Inter and Icardi are negotiating, whoopdeedoo, hopefully the football starts so these morons can have something to fill their papers with I am so tired of this shit, every God damn time Inter has a top player newspapers make up rumours about them leaving.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Sneijder 4 9

Estonia

Well, Wanda is the one who stirs up the shit every time. Why can't she work in silence like a professional - I don't know. Maybe because she isn't one. Or she really likes how Raiola works.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    I think Icardi's instarant was not against the club it was against a newspaper attacking his wife and honestly who wouldn't do the same thing if his wife was treated like that in the media?

It's obvious Inter and Icardi are negotiating, whoopdeedoo, hopefully the football starts so these morons can have something to fill their papers with I am so tired of this shit, every God damn time Inter has a top player newspapers make up rumours about them leaving.
    So much this.

I hate Wanda's antics in the media, but it's just what it is. Mostly I hate it because this is the team captain, so it's distasteful to do all this through the media. But other than that, it's just normal business. And Wanda definitely isn't the worst.

Newspapers are simply having a field day regarding this matter because of Wanda. But Icardi ain't ditching his wife. Why would he? He loves the woman and trusts her. It's the reporters which have basically made this whole debacle. Wanda is an easy "victim" of it since she's not so constraint with what she says. We cannot expect our players to play for less than the competitors. Business thing is one thing, but Icardi surely wants his own slice of Inter business and honestly, rightfully so! He's the biggest reason Inter is where it is at the moment since he came to the club, with all his goals.

24. Thanks (2): crepi, Sassuolu

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    this negotiation process has felt more like a hostile takeover than it has a club trying to extend the contract of its icon and captain

It's a fucking disgrace.

26. Thanks (2): firmino, Universe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Sqnalkel View Post
    Actually millionaires fight a lot harder in contract negotiations than normal people, and by a lot harder I mean a contract negotiation with a top employer than earns millions it's as difficult as dealing with a syndicate.

Anyways it just retarded to not try to earn as much as possible, Icardi and Wanda probably know that we won't pay him €12M that's what the likes of Real, Chelsea, etc. would pay him, but that doesn't mean they'll accept €7M, less than €8m I think it's impossible.
    When you are already rich and yet all you think of is how to become a tiny bit richer, it means you are not actually rich, but merely a slave to the money.

We can't give him what the market would value him. So he needs to make a choice: us or real Madrid/Chelsea etc.

And let's not forget he is the captain, so he's supposed to show some attachment.

If you are all about the money to the point of putting the club on the spot, then at least you should have the decency to give up the armband yourself.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    The problem isn't that Icardi is asking for more money. He's the best player of the team, the captain and one of the best strikers in the world so he wants to get paid accordingly. There's no issue with that. The problem is the way Wanda is dealing with the negotiations. We have failed to agree a contract extension with Skriniar as well but we don't see his agent constantly talking about it to the media. Many players in the world refuse contract extensions but you don't see their agents constantly rantint about it to the media. Negotiations usually happen behind closed doors, not in front of the media.

30. Thanks (2): MVD, Rain

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Oh, the more money you have the more money you spend/need. Some people get by with a dollar a day in Africa so by that logic you yourself are a millionaire and should never even think of asking for more money than you currently make at your job.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

32. Thanks (1): MVD