View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

167 75.91%
  • No

53 24.09%
Page 817 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 317717767807814815816817818819820827867917 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,340 of 23891

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    So what the fuck happened to Aguero back in 2016?He had an 8 game goal drought and he was playing for Manchester fucking City who on paper had better players than us and were struggling as they were on a 6 winless run. According to your definition, Aguero is a "Striker" and not a "Poacher" yet he had an 8 game goal drought so how do you explain this?A "Striker" is supposed to create something out of his ass consistently without depending on his teammates right?
    Every striker at his point of carreer has goal draught, what's more important is his overall season-long contribution in the end. Give Icardi a break.

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2...rst-half-brace
    Lol. learn to read the whole context before even reply.

I never said a striker can't have bad periods. I said a striker who is dependant on his team mates to score goals is not a striker but a poacher.

I never said a striker must always score goals. I said if a striker has problem scoring, he has himself to blame more than anyone else. If Aguero had similar problems then it was Aguero who needed to try to improvise his game more than blaming it was because the team couldn't give him a good pass.

The argument made initially was Icardi's current problem is because the poor performance of his team mates more than anything else. My argument is that his problem is due to his lacking focus in the game in the last 3 months more than it's due to poor performance of the team.

I never said "A Striker is supposed to create something out of his ass consistently without depending on his team mates". LOL. You're fucked up, bro. I said a striker has to be able to find an alternative way to score a goal apart from poaching a goal during the game. It doesn't need to be done consistently or without depending on teammates as your claim but it has to be done if the usual way isn't working. Football is a game of team but in difficult circumstances a world class player should be able to do out of the box, which Icardi hasn't done much to compensate him missing chances.

Once again, long time ago, I was one of the first members, if not the first, here to defend Icardi's skills. It used to be a debate whether Icardi is one dimensional or not. I always said and still believe Icardi can do much more than poaching a goal. He has the skills. The problem is he buried them.

this Icardi's problem though is recurrent every single year when his agent starts mentioning about contract renewal. I agree Icardi needs a break. He should be dropped from the team for few matches like Nainggolan and Perisic, so he can pick himself up.

Give yourself a break.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

2. Thanks (4): InterFCAustin, PHM1605, wera, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Lol. learn to read the whole context before even reply.

I never said a striker can't have bad periods. I said a striker who is dependant on his team mates to score goals is not a striker but a poacher.

I never said a striker must always score goals. I said if a striker has problem scoring, he has himself to blame more than anyone else. If Aguero had similar problems then it was Aguero who needed to try to improvise his game more than blaming it was because the team couldn't give him a good pass.

The argument made initially was Icardi's current problem is because the poor performance of his team mates more than anything else. My argument is that his problem is due to his lacking focus in the game in the last 3 months more than it's due to poor performance of the team.

I never said "A Striker is supposed to create something out of his ass consistently without depending on his team mates". LOL. You're fucked up, bro. I said a striker has to be able to find an alternative way to score a goal apart from poaching a goal during the game. It doesn't need to be done consistently or without depending on teammates as your claim but it has to be done if the usual way isn't working. Football is a game of team but in difficult circumstances a world class player should be able to do out of the box, which Icardi hasn't done much to compensate him missing chances.

Once again, long time ago, I was one of the first members, if not the first, here to defend Icardi's skills. It used to be a debate whether Icardi is one dimensional or not. I always said and still believe Icardi can do much more than poaching a goal. He has the skills. The problem is he buried them.

this Icardi's problem though is recurrent every single year when his agent starts mentioning about contract renewal. I agree Icardi needs a break. He should be dropped from the team for few matches like Nainggolan and Perisic, so he can pick himself up.

Give yourself a break.
    Calm your tities, I simply just gave you an answer to your question. No need to get agitated by calling me fucked up. You dont have to like my answer as much as I dont have to agree or like your answer.

I dont disagree that Icardi is in shit form and should be benched and thankfully we have the EL games and that baldie should start lautaro ahead of him,that will give him a good chance to just reboot and hopefully find his animal instinct back this sunday. But saying that he is not world class because he doesnt create his own chance is ridiculous. You have to remember that there are many different types of strikers.

Would ruud have been as lethal had he not played with the likes of beckham and scholes?Probably not,but does the fact that he needed other players make him not world class?No.

4. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    The fact that icardi has scored so many goals for Inter, yet half of inter fans don’t care about him to stay, tells you a lot about how world class he is. Which I agree, he’s not.
    Great striker, yes, world class? Nah. But again, everyone has different views of what “world class” is.

6. Thanks (2): thatdude, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    So what the fuck happened to Aguero back in 2016?He had an 8 game goal drought and he was playing for Manchester fucking City who on paper had better players than us and were struggling as they were on a 6 winless run. According to your definition, Aguero is a "Striker" and not a "Poacher" yet he had an 8 game goal drought so how do you explain this?A "Striker" is supposed to create something out of his ass consistently without depending on his teammates right?
    Every striker at his point of carreer has goal draught, what's more important is his overall season-long contribution in the end. Give Icardi a break.

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2...rst-half-brace
    Somebody already answered this, but the question is...did the whole City suffered because of the Aguero goal drought or was he still contributing to the team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

8. Thanks (1): yoszee

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    The fact that icardi has scored so many goals for Inter, yet half of inter fans don’t care about him to stay, tells you a lot about how world class he is. Which I agree, he’s not.
    Great striker, yes, world class? Nah. But again, everyone has different views of what “world class” is.
    What's the metric of "half" of inter fans?

Yea,difference of opinion is cool,after all the term "world class" is highly subjective.

Italy

According to the latest rumours (even Fabrizio Biasin hinted at this), the mercato strategy in the summer will consist in acquiring not only quality young players, but also 2-3 profiles (starting with Godin) that have the experience, winning mentality and charisma to impose themselves and rebalance the dressing room, "pillars" that could help in the process of changing head and attitude of this team.
    Well, it's a scenario that would benefit inside and outside of the pitch all the parties involved, including Mauro (who arguably has the central role in that same dressing room: I'm not taking position in the contract renewal, but it's clear that the Wanda Circus has a negative effect overall, on many levels). In addition to the lack of quality, surely we've been “carrying” a lack of leadership for too long.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Somebody already answered this, but the question is...did the whole City suffered because of the Aguero goal drought or was he still contributing to the team?
    If city does not suffer a drop off when aguero is in poor form the question still remains whether that is because of the differences between aguero and Icardi or wether it s because City has fucken KDB, Sane, Fernandinho, Mahrez, sterling, silva and gündogan. I d say the latter has more to do with it than the former but thats just me.

Mz point is put a out of form aguero in this inter side and we wont be scoring much more than we did with icardi out of form.Cause it would once again be the same fucken story nobody would be capable to score but aguero even if he s out of form.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

12. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Serbia

Holy shit, that's a ballsy move from the management to strip the armband away. Did not expect this to happen. It will be interesting to see how Icardi reacts.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Hell yeah. Finally. This club is not as hopeless as I thought about it. Nice move from management.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

15. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, yoszee

Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

United States

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Holy shit, that's a ballsy move from the management to strip the armband away. Did not expect this to happen. It will be interesting to see how Icardi reacts.
    Was not expecting this at all, does this mean Mauro is on his way out after all?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Officially stripped of the captaincy

18. Thanks (5): Devious, Ed., I4E, MVD, yoszee

Italy

Joy to the world! Fucking finally!! I'm extremely pleased to see we grew a pair
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Malta

It’s over, fucking hell. Well there is no way Icardi stays so

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    WOW!

Wouldn't have believed it, but on the other hand now Marotta is on charge, it's something totally extraordinary. No player is bigger than the club and Marotta is protecting the club. Icardi as the captain with these constant contract shitfests (in the media) has been only hurting the club and its image.

Ballsy move but a correct one. Wondering how Icardi is going to take it. Are they planning to sell him now, or is it just new contract next and the captaincy burden out and back to scoring some goals.

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

You've all been yearning for this for years. Now you have it.

Watch it change nothing. Watch the tactics stay the same, watch the (lack of) passion from the players stay the same, watch the results stay the same.
    Watch us sell our only superstar, start with Lautaro and end up 12'th. Watch other players observe us selling our only superstar, and (rightly) analyze it as a lack of ambition.

Quote me on this. This changes nothing. If anything, the whole thing could unravel even more.

Watch Samir not jump for some unreachable thunderbolt ala. Babacar one time, and ya'll want the captain's armband given to (*throws dart*) D'Ambrosio.

I like Handa, but he's pretty much a mute and as stoic as a door.

If the plan is to sell Icardi come summer (ridiculous, fucking ridiculous), Agent Marotta has just greatly lowered his value. Grande. And you're all applauding his every move like he's achieved anything with us yet. Quite the opposite - our crisis has coincided with the exact moment he stepped through the door, whilst he's got nothing to show for it except some FIF-members worshipping his every move because...he did well at Juventus, I guess?
    Keep licking his Jube-butthole while the googly-eyed fuck drives us straight into oblivion.

23. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, dax21, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    This is probably the confirmation Icardi is getting sold in the summer. I can't imagine Icardi staying after this.

25. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

United States

Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post
    You've all been yearning for this for years. Now you have it.

Watch it change nothing. Watch the tactics stay the same, watch the (lack of) passion from the players stay the same, watch the results stay the same.
    Watch us sell our only superstar, start with Lautaro and end up 12'th. Watch other players observe us selling our only superstar, and (rightly) analyze it as a lack of ambition.

Quote me on this. This changes nothing.

Watch Samir not jump for some unreachable thunderbolt ala. Babacar one time, and ya'll want the captain's armband given to (*throws dart*) D'Ambrosio.

I like Handa, but he's pretty much a mute and as stoic as a door.
    Get out of my head!!!! Exactly what I was thinking this move does nothing but divide the team even more

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Hell yeah. Finally. This club is not as hopeless as I thought about it. Nice move from management.
    Agreed. I wish it was also followed by sacking baldie because he our most annoying poroblem

28. Thanks (1): yoszee

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    May be good but it's weird, i don't remember a case like this before.
    Icardi sure will be pissed and i think he will be gone this summer. Well, at least we will keep Skriniar and Lautaro will be starter.

30. Thanks (1): yoszee

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    Officially stripped of the captaincy
    Good. Shouldn't have been given the arm band in the first place.

What were the circumstances around this exactly ?
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

32. Thanks (3): Ed., Joker, yoszee