View Poll Results: Should we Sell Icardi in the summer of 2019/20

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

170 76.23%
  • No

53 23.77%
Page 835 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 335735785825832833834835836837838845885935 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,700 of 24198

Thread: Mauro Icardi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    #putsdownthepopcorn

Has anyone reported this yet?

Icardi announced the resignation of his current agent.

Possible contact with Raiola as new agent.

#picksupthepopcorn
    once is fun, twice is silly.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

Check his Instagram
    Nada...
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I'll say from the outset that I like Icardi and want him to remain at Inter. I have not welcomed taoday's news with the glee and happiness of some of the posters on here and believe the position taken by the club for the good of the club will undoubtedly have ramifications for the future because I do not see him staying at Inter beyond this season. When the time comes and he leaves, Inter as a club will have made another huge mistake.

Stripping Icardi of the Captaincy and then his electing not to travel to Vienna does not bode well for the future. If the club thought it had a problem before, it no doubt has a problem now and there is a very real possibility that our season could spiral out of control and we will miss next season's Champions League. We are going to very quickly find out where we will end up next season: is Martinez capable of leading our front line; and whether the team will play better with Icardi out of the starting eleven. Essentially, it is make or break time for Inter as a club and our aspirations for next season.

Personally, I see things getting worse than they are now and feel that we are only at the beginning of a drama that will play itself out until the end of the season. Stripping Icardi of the Captaincy and him electing not to travel with the squad is the prelude to a fine, him missing games, being sidelined and sold for a bargain loss. I think that Inter as a club will be embarrassed in the the end, players will leave and we will be viewed as a club without ambition.

However, with the above in mind, I still have a few thoughts. I do not feel that Icardi's actions in recent months are fitting of a club Captain. Essentially, he has hidden behind his wife, remained silent and conveniently given her free reign to talk to the media and shop him around to Europe's big clubs. Further, she has constantly talked in the media about his renewal and insinuated that there are issues/divisions in the squad. I feel that if Icardi wanted to put a stop to all of the above, he most certainly could have done so but he has chosen to remain quiet throughout.

Regarding his wife, I think there is a huge conflict of interest in her role as his agent and her TV role which is nothing but an embarrassment and burden to the club. In her TV role, she should not be allowed to talk about her husband or Inter. Being Icardi's agent should prevent her from being able to do this as it puts her in the unique position in her TV role to openly talk about her husband, his teammates and what is allegedly going on behind the scenes at the club. In a way, I feel that the Tiki Taka is exploiting her and making a mockery of Inter whilst doing so.

I do not have much else to say beyond my thoughts above. I think it is a great shame that we have arrived at this point. World class goal poachers do not come along every day and the simple fact of the matter is that Icardi leaving Inter will only strengthen rival clubs and weaken Inter. I also think that the way Inter as a club has been treated by Icardi and his wife can not continue and understand why Marotta has intervened in this manner. The only teams that will benefit from all of this will be Juventus (in the event they directly move for him or we lose him to another club), the other Serie A teams competing for a place in the Champions League, Barcelona and Real Madrid. Perhaps it does not really matter if he goes to the latter two clubs as we are very far from being in their league and are unable to compete with them.
    Last edited by Puma; 13 Feb 19 at 23:52.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    https://www.fcinternews.it/news/paol...e-altro-300587

Very interesting observation from our former Paolillo.

6. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Devious

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Check his Instagram
    'it'

Syria

10 years of FIF
    #putsdownthepopcorn

Has anyone reported this yet?

Icardi announced the resignation of his current agent.

Possible contact with Raiola as new agent.

#picksupthepopcorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslany View Post
    What, where????
    Check his Instagram
    It's valentines day. Not April Fools.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Ordine told to Tutti Convocati that Icardi and Perisic have had a furious confrontation this week after that Wanda said on TV that Icardi has "personal problems" with Perisic.

"Perisic went to Icardi and told him: 'Tell your wife that she doesn't have to speak about me on tv", Ordine said. "Between Icardi and the rest of Inter, the club choose the rest".

Theres really no excuse. I can see why the club did what they did . If there are fights daily between these players and tension ongoing, you need to do something asap/

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Icardi is seen talking with Perez at a restaurant at Rome Shit just got real
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

11. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    You got that tasty source or?
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    You got tasty source or?
    on perez instagram, he is throwing another jab at inter after modric incident
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Hey if Perez coughs up the 100 mil or so that people have been talking about (more than once) as Icardi's price tag, we'll deliver him express mail with a ribbon on top.

16. Thanks (1): militoscores

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

on perez instagram, he is throwing another jab at inter after modric incident
    Can't believe I just went looking to see if Florentino fucking Perez has an Insta account. I'm going to bed. Fuck's sake
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Didn't Perisic want out? That was prob a problem, u saying that u want to leave in the conference of the spurs game could have been an issue to some players as well.

Regardless of if it was right or wrong that she talked about him on TV, everyone on TV talks about players, gossip and the problems they may have.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Can't believe I just went looking to see if Florentino fucking Perez has an Insta account. I'm going to bed. Fuck's sake
    Good night man, I atleast had a good laugh from this post. Thanks for being honest

You can blame Devious for this behavior.

21. Thanks (3): Devious, MVD, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslany View Post
    Nada...
    False alarm, some bastard set me up. Hate when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    By reading last 10 pages of this thread, it seems to me some people act like Icardi could literally dump on our shirt and still we should kiss his ass just because he's one of the best players in the world in his position. You do realise the phrase "no player is bigger than the club" right? And why this phrase is important, not "no club is bigger than player X, Y, Z"?

Doing this has no upside. Right... if somebody just finished 2nd grade and doesn't see past the next friday. What the hell you talking about?
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    By reading last 10 pages of this thread, it seems to me some people act like Icardi could literally dump on our shirt and still we should kiss his ass just because he's one of the best players in the world in his position. You do realise the phrase "no player is bigger than the club" right? And why this phrase is important, not "no club is bigger than player X, Y, Z"?

Doing this has no upside. Right... if somebody just finished 2nd grade and doesn't see past the next friday. What the hell you talking about?
    Re-read the "last 10 pages", almost no one is pissed about the FACT that he is stripped off as captain; many here agrees that he is no captain material. Some of us are just pissed that it was done in the middle of the season where it's crucial, plus there is no real explanation on why his captain armband was taken off him mid-season where shit is going downhill and we did not need any other drama. Although, tbf it's hard to judge whether it's the right move or not without knowing exactly what triggered the management to take his armband off so we shall see in coming days if our management explains why they did that shit.

FYI, most people here believe that no player is bigger than the club, not even Zanetti. So don't be a drama queen.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post

Doing this has no upside. Right... if somebody just finished 2nd grade and doesn't see past the next Friday. What the hell you talking about?
    I have no doubt that everyone on here understands that no player is bigger than the club. Many posters on here have pushed that as the official club line. But I think we need to anticipate the step that follows on from that. Inter may decide to move on from Icardi but I have little to no confidence that the club will: (1) invest the money to find a suitable replacement that is equally as good or better than Icardi; and (2) spend the money wisely, if at all.

We can talk about no player is bigger than the club blah blah woof woof until the fucking cows come home but there is no guarantee that the money made from a Icardi sale will be spent wisely. If we fail to make the Champions League, where does that leave us? What big name player is going want to come and play for a team in the Europa League? What if the club decided to bring back Pinamonti or Longo and say they can tow the line and carry the team with some other shit cunt striker? Alternatively, the club may invest in young players that never break into the first team or make a first team impact.

It is all well and good to say that no player is bigger than the club but there is no guarantee that Inter will be able to find a player that has been as prolific as Icardi. In which case all of this will do nothing but weaken the club and strengthen our rivals.
    Last edited by Puma; 14 Feb 19 at 01:39.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

Exactly what good does it do to strip your captain mid season?? Handanovic was the obvious choice when Icardi was first named captain and he’s the obvious choice now. But on what planet is this a good idea mid season???

Belgium

FFS he's one of the best strikers in the world, even maybe the best. If the club wants to sell him, we all know that we never have a real replacement. Just the same like we bought Godin, just to late. We need to keep that type of players if we're willing to compete against the top of Europe. He's fucking pure class but we all know that his heart isn't at Inter. But what worldclass player knows the word loyalty at the moment?