View Poll Results: Do you agree with Cristiano Ronaldo?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 8.70%
  • No

9 39.13%
  • I think the man has lost it!

12 52.17%

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo: Don't you dare copying my tricks!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Cristiano Ronaldo: Don't you dare copying my tricks!

This is quite interesting, from Champions Magazine:

Cristiano Ronaldo:

"There is one thing that annoys me, I don't like people copying my tricks.

I would never, for example, copy Ronaldinho if I saw him doing something on the pitch. I see football as an art and all players as artists. If you are a top artist the last thing you would do is paint a picture that someone has already painted.

I would never dream of looking at Ronaldinho and trying to emulate him. I would be offended if he tried to copy one of my tricks.

Different tricks come naturally to gifted players and we must concentrate on developing our own natural talents rather than try and be someone else."

I agree with him, and voted YES.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Syria

10 years of FIF
    C.Ronaldo the 'creater' of the crossover

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Frisko? You are kidding? Right? Ho ho. Ho ho. Oh man. And you think Mourinho is arrogant. Oh man. That piece of crap showboating Ronaldo's interivew has ARROGANCE written all over it. Does he invent the step-over? No. Did he copy it from someone else? WhoopidoHELLYEAH! What kind of move did he invent anyway? That diving as if you're hit by a 16-wheeler? Well sorry Cris, but Nedved has patented that move when you were still wearing diapers!

This interview is definitely the most stupid I have ever seen. Stupidity epitomised!

Btw Frisko, I hope I don't offend you. This critic is directed to Cristiano Ronaldo himself.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Oh no it's ok Han. I'm sure he wasn't referring to the step-overs though, he has quite a few moves!

He's been described as the player with the quickest feet in the world, with only Denilson able to challenge him on that in recent years.

Players do have their own moves, Ronaldinho has that great one he showed when he scored against Milan, Owen has his unique way to shoot, Blanco has his crazy "clamp-the-ball" move, and so on.

It's fun to watch this kind of stuff, don't you think?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

Hmmm, I don't recall any Ronaldinho speciality against Milan. If you were referring to the elastico, that move was invented by Rivellino, not him. I don't notice Owen unique way of shooting. Maybe something I missed. About the clamp-the-ball move. Man, that's a weird move that I doubt anyone would try anyway, but it's very entertaining!

But like I said, Cristiano Ronaldo hasn't invented any move whatsoever. If he meant to say that nobody shouldn't copied the speed in which he move his feet, than I would just say nothing and keep quiet. Just an opinion, I think the Ronaldo (Ingrato) of old has a quicker feet than him.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I don't agree with him. You can't copy style, yes, but tricks? Hell, everyone does the same tricks! The ones you mentioned, Frisko, are more of playing style than tricks, IMO. Not tricks. Tricks are more like step-overs, the "Zidane-turn-thingy", Cruyff turn, etc.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Indonesia

Zidane-turn-thingy has also been done by a lot of people too. I don't know who invented it but I am quite sure that it wasn't Zidane. I know that Davids, when he was in Juve, once did that kind of turn. Also, Ronaldo.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Sorry but that is one of the lamest comments Ive heard ! All respect to you bro but this is silly poll aswell
    If there was a copyright issue then we would have only one player crossing the ball and one player heading and so on! This is just way too obscure
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

What exactly can Cristiano Ronaldo do that a top Brazilian can't? Nothing. He didn't invent a single thing. He just imports nice flashy moves to the English Premier League and he thinks he copyrighted them. Just because he 'discovered' the step-over and other moves by himself doesn't mean others haven't discovered them earlier. Either Cristiano Ronaldo is so arrogant or he's too stupid.

Oh by the way, he's probaby the guy with the quickest feet that wastes the most chances. As hell nobody would want to copy that.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

One could argue that succesfully observing another players' style and tricks carefully and integrate it into your own game is an art in itself. Has Ronaldo lost it? Nah, but he's definately naive to think that taking for example a Ronaldinho dribble or Totti pass and training it yourself until you can do it cannot in some examples be a clever move.

The Zidane move is a copy of Danish player Michael Laudrup. The one where you twist 360 degrees stepping on the ball... Then again Laudrup might have taken it from a player I haven't seen.

Finally I would like to say that even though C. Ronaldo has quick feets when in possession of the ball there have been so many other players who could do it at the same speed or even faster; Brian Laudrup, Denilson, Robben...
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

One of the funniest comments I`ve heard in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Riku
    hehe good one...!

Yeah, he thinks that he is soo danm good...
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Cristiano Ronaldo said: "I see football as an art and all players as artists". Stevie Wonder sees better than this guy. I mean, how ignorant do you have to be to consider football art? Wake up, dude! Football has stopped being art soooooooooooo long ago. Football is business, and business men know, if one guy does some tricks and has succes, they would have to be idiots not to copy them.
    And BTW, he's moves and tricks even though nice, pale in comparison to what Ronaldinho or Zidane do on the pitch... I think Rino Gattuso has better m's&t's than him... :-P
    That's all!

No it's not, Man Utd sucks big-time!
    \"It\'s better to shut up and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt\" - Benjamin Franklin

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Oh Man, this is so freaking hillarious.

Oh C. Ronaldo, you get me there. But shouldn't you practice before you preach? If I am not mistaken, you've been recently seen carrying a ladies' purse? Isn't that copying?

God, some players are better being kept busy or sunbathing in the Maldives. This what happens when the following fromula is met:
    NO LEAGUE HOPE + NO CL + BIG EGO = DISASTER

Of course, I added my own parameter to the equation: PLAYING IN EPL.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    God, some players are better being kept busy or sunbathing in the Maldives. This what happens when the following fromula is met:
    NO LEAGUE HOPE + NO CL + BIG EGO = DISASTER

Of course, I added my own parameter to the equation: PLAYING IN EPL.
    LOL.

Unfortunately though, there will be Cristiano Ronaldo fans who worship the stepovers he makes and probably still believe the man invented them.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

If people want to believe so then let them, Tim. The important thing is that all of us unbiased football fans know the truth.

How many times haven't I displayed my gigantic affection for what Ronaldinho does on a football pitch to a certain level of class matching a freaking God!?

I must say I actually like this player. He seems like a nice guy and all. But I don't see any reason to hail him as the best player or talent for that sake on the planet. He is good but not a star. Maybe in the future, maybe not. Perhaps he will grow on a human level too like we thought Frey did...
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Nice one, Riku!!
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

What a lame comment from CR!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"