Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: 2013/2014 Livorno Fixtures

Sudan

i m only talking about character not skills and want to add DE Genaro to those three

United States

Duncan's definitely got physique going for him in relation to Benassi, however I think Benassi has a better engine. This year they have both played as CM's with a deeper midfielder behind them (Cambiasso's position in Inter). Both have done fairly well but Benassi has shown more product of late, as you can see by his ability to finish and assist. So they're both pretty versatile.

Funny enough I think Duncan is more of a passer than a DM, although his physique would say otherwise. He's closer to Pirlo than Makelele (take with grain of salt obviously). Everytime I see him he wants the ball to feet and is usually not the type to harry and hassle an opponent to win back possession for his side, Benassi is much more likely to get stuck in.

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by abuali View Post
    i m only talking about character not skills and want to add DE Genaro to those three
    character alone doesnt make a footballer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Duncan's definitely got physique going for him in relation to Benassi, however I think Benassi has a better engine. This year they have both played as CM's with a deeper midfielder behind them (Cambiasso's position in Inter). Both have done fairly well but Benassi has shown more product of late, as you can see by his ability to finish and assist. So they're both pretty versatile.

Funny enough I think Duncan is more of a passer than a DM, although his physique would say otherwise. He's closer to Pirlo than Makelele (take with grain of salt obviously). Everytime I see him he wants the ball to feet and is usually not the type to harry and hassle an opponent to win back possession for his side, Benassi is much more likely to get stuck in.
    Oh I agree, Duncan's good on the ball, but he is quite good at off the ball movement to apply pressure on players (etc). He's a real beast imho - but with a lot more refinement to his game than just a Muntari-style player.

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

I thought MBaye and Benassi looked really good last night. Duncan got stuck in too.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Indeed, MBaye however left the far side exposed during crosses from Inter's right wing on couple of occasions IMO, one of which lead to Palacio's goal.
    But he also owned D'Ambrosio.... positive performance in general.

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

President, imagine the happiness for the comeback against Inter. Satisfied?
    "We have a beautiful second half, thanks largely to Paulinho. Did you see what he is capable? A player who can be frightening to all comers."

Do you think that will be difficult to keep him in Livorno at the end of the season?
    "Well, in June we will see and evaluate. Player will be directly in the case, to choose the best solution for their future."

As for Inter, he expected the eve of the championship that Mazzarri's team met so many difficulties?
    "Inter have a great coach, you can not argue the skill Mazzarri. Unfortunately teams live of cycles and it may be that at this very moment some player is concluding its own. They won in the recent past, all that was to win, in fact, have swept, so I think the team is in the process of renewal. "

If it was the place of the president Thohir, confirms without a doubt Walter Mazzarri?
    "Absolutely, there are coaches better than him."

Moving on, however, the discussion related to the youth on loan from Inter, we would like to ask her to comment on Duncan. He expected something more from the '93 class Ghanaian or is satisfied with his performance?
    "Right now is one that, unfortunately, is the most disappointing of all. Last year was the author of a great championship, and this year went very intermittently. I can say that we were expecting something extra that up at this time has not yet given. "

Benassi, on the contrary, it is amazing all at the sound of the very best performance.
    "He is the true revelation, in the first round was not used, but since the arrival of Di Carlo began to play and I would say that he is the real surprise."

Bardi now seems a certainty. And 'ready for Inter?
    "It's still very young, but he is definitely ready.'ll Tell you more, I think it's the only really ready to land on a team that fights for the top three positions and could make it a great season."

The other young men instead?
    "I would start by Benassi, he is ready to 80% and the same can be said of Mbaye, who has done very well this year. Duncan, on the other hand, I see a little 'back: we say it is mature to 50-60%, while there is Bardi, 100% ready.'s doing a great season. "

As for next season, he feels ready to start a new collaboration with Inter after that began on the eve of the championship this year?
    "Look, let's see. Inter In January, he wanted to give us other players, but we are opposites.'d Say it's better to wait before making a decision."

The arrival of Belfodil can be considered as a 'kind' of compensation for the non-arrival in Livorno Ruben Botta?
    "No, absolutely not. We paid a lot, both Inter and Parma wanted a lot of money! So no, other than compensation! Hopefully, at this point, you can unlock and that gives us a few goals before the end of the season."

tl;dr

Benassi and Mbaye have been great. Bardi is their 'holder' now without a doubt. Duncan has been disappointing for him and they expected more.

7. Thanks (2): Dylan, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Shame about Duncan, didn't everyone think he would be the star not Benassi
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

these things happen. we have to work out how we can foster the development of duncan, next.

Fav. Player
    CRUZ & CHINO

Netherlands

To be honest and hipster() I knew Benassi would grow to the Livorno star.
    PUT CRUZ IN LGI

United States

Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    these things happen. we have to work out how we can foster the development of duncan, next.
    Just need another season IMO, in a consistent environment where he's getting playing time. If Livorno stays up I think we should loan him there again. If they go down we may have to look for an new club.

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Just need another season IMO, in a consistent environment where he's getting playing time. If Livorno stays up I think we should loan him there again. If they go down we may have to look for an new club.
    I agree.

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

duncan benassi and bardi all started. Belfodil came on.

14. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Belfodilf
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

16. Thanks (2): .h., Fitzy

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name