Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Stadio Giuseppe Meazza is always 50% empty?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Poland

Why Stadio Giuseppe Meazza is always 50% empty?

Hi I'm a big fan of Inter from Poland.
    I love Inter but when I'm watching matches I'm always angry because stadium is always empty.
    Why? Real fans are always going on matches even in the bad times.
    Stadium is only full on matches with Milan, Juve and champions league hits.
    Respect players, support your team,when they are entering on the pitch on see this empty stands it's not good for the psychic.
    In 09/10 when we won everthing even with matches with Atalanta Cagliari there was over 60 thousands of fans...now there is about 40(50% of stadium). Where are this people? Are you fans of Inter? or fans of trophies?
    First match with Genoa-new hope,new players,new manager, The farewell of Stankovic our legend AND THERE IS ONLY 42 thousands of supporters. Please repsect your team,players...
    In the last season I was on match with Bologna and there was only 24 thousands of fans- THAT'S ridiculous even Curva Nord wasn't full...
    About 10 years ago the average number of fans on the stadium was about 65 thousands now it's about 45. What's happend? Footbal stars are not going to play with empty stands..
    C'mon we are Inter,we are family,it's time for the bad times we are not playing in champions league,but we must belive on our team,support players on every matches !!
    I'm going on the match with As Roma see you on Stadio Giuseppe Meazza!!
    Forza INTER !!

Fav. Player

Europe

It has a lot to do with the fact that even half full it is same capasity as Juventus stadium full.

Inter still were the most supported Italian club last season with its 46.551 average attendance.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

3. Thanks (1): Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    the fans also have FFP problems

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

Many Italians are still on holiday, if this is a reaction to yesterday in particular.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Half meazza >> Juventus Stadium. We still have the largest average attendance in Serie A.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Poland

I know our stadium is bigger then Rube,but 50% empty stadium looks really sad.
    In 09/10 stadium when we won everything attendance was higher about 58 thousands now there is about 44. Where are these fans?
    10 years ago was about 65 thousands...
    When I look on season tickets it's not so expensive...

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Crisis in italy, lack of belief, poor Serie A overall... All has it's share. 44k is still decent number.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    The Meazza is very impressive when you are on the parking or in the stadium. And the many little shops around the stadium are nice.

But the rest sucks: Always a traffic jam when you go there, the official shop and the shopping truck are very small, the pillars are used as toilets. Even the neighborhood of the stadium is quite boring. Most exciting thing was that my friend ended at police because the change he got in a restaurant opposite the Meazza was false money.

10. Thanks (1): Ffi201zi002tlis

Indonesia

crisis in europe and
    crisis of achievement in our inter
    maybe, combination of both is perfect answer.

but don't worry, inter still the biggest.
    I have arrived at a special club, and when a club is like this the coach becomes an extra person. I'm always wanted to coach in Italy, possibly at a great club. Inter have given me the opportunity to work in a great footballing nation like Italy. This is a very important challenge for me and I have to thank the managers present here, in particular Marco Branca, for choosing me. It will be fun for you too." - Jose Mourinho, an interview when he unveiled to the press.

Fav. Player
    Handanović

Israel

The problem has to do with Italy in general, not just Inter. As for us, we have the highest attendance in Serie A, and add to that the shitty squad of ours, so that's quite surprising. As being said it looks damn empty cause it's way too big.

Lack of tourist, shit quality of play & no big names always takes a part. For ex, I don't have the exact numbers but I'm pretty damn sure that atleast 40% of Barca fans are tourists. Not sure about RM and Manu though.

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

Quote Originally Posted by interista4 View Post
    atleast 40% of Barca fans are tourists.
    I'm fairly confident that actually a very high % of Barca's attendees are season ticket holders. As in like 90%/95%+

14. Thanks (1): I4E

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Aren't the prices high too?
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Aren't the prices high too?
    Fairly high just like any high profile sports team/club. Coupled with the financial crisis in Italy, even in wealthy Milano, and it tends to hurt attendance numbers. 45,000+ is still a decent number for a club that hasn't looked very good since the treble.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Poland

On every big stadium in europe there is a traffic jam before/after match. For exampale in London there is always INSANE traffic jam.
    Toilets on San Siro sucks that's true but the rest is really good.
    I love calcio and Inter but I can't stand empty stadiums and one more thing.
    80's minute of match people are leaving stadium,Inter are losing or lost a goal in second half peopole are living. C'MON real fans are not behaving like this..
    When I was talking about empty stadium with Italians they say the prices are too high.
    Did you see prices for season tickets? It's really cheap for all home matches and they say to the citizen of Poland where the average month salary is 1600zl(380 euro).
    PRICES ARE TOO HIGH even with polish funny salary I can buy this season ticket and go on all matches !!

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Dortmund: 80.645 seats in the stadium. And they stopped the sell of season tickets after 53.000. And Dortmund is a town in an area that is poor compared to rest Germany.

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I'm fairly confident that actually a very high % of Barca's attendees are season ticket holders. As in like 90%/95%+
    I agree Cal, it's been like that for decades.

With respect to Serie A attendance, I recall hearing about the effect Sky Italia had. Since all games started to be shown live on cable throughout Italy, people preferred to pay the monthly subscription and watch from home.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

20. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

germany s economy is fucking great, those mofos crushed their economy with world wars and still managed to be the best economy in the world right now
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

22. Thanks (1): bjwam4

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    I agree Cal, it's been like that for decades.

With respect to Serie A attendance, I recall hearing about the effect Sky Italia had. Since all games started to be shown live on cable throughout Italy, people preferred to pay the monthly subscription and watch from home.
    This precisely. I can't give a personal opinion as I've never been to Italy, only what I've heard / read. And that is that people do prefer to just watch the matches at home apparently due in part to the fact that stadiums are shit and decrepit, also even rife with over-zealous support from ultras which leads to violence. Perhaps a regular match goer can provide an objective first hand observation.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

24. Thanks (1): I4E

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Inter with its current results have an amazing amount of supporters at the stadium. Average attendance was like 45,000.

Imagine a club like Chelsea has 40,000 max capability stadium with players like Mata, Hazard, Oscar, they're loaded as hell.

While Inter with the likes of Jonathan, Chivu, Kuzmanovic, Schelotto has a higher attendance than Chelsea. We finished 9th and had no CL.

Rube had attendances as low as 20,000 2-3 years ago.

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Inter with its current results have an amazing amount of supporters at the stadium. Average attendance was like 45,000.

Imagine a club like Chelsea has 40,000 max capability stadium with players like Mata, Hazard, Oscar, they're loaded as hell.

While Inter with the likes of Jonathan, Chivu, Kuzmanovic, Schelotto has a higher attendance than Chelsea. We finished 9th and had no CL.

Rube had attendances as low as 20,000 2-3 years ago.
    It is safe to say that if clubs like Chelsea and L'Pool had 80k capacity stadiums, they'd be full every week...
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I dont think the formation model counts, its all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

27. Thanks (1): Coasterfreek